homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Café now testing (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Café now testing
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ta - seems to be all right now. [Eek!]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fell off, not sure it likes the newest java update - seems a little more unstable lately.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And again.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Again !!!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to bed last night when I saw that post, but you are still showing as present in the café now, Doublethink.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Wierd, cos I haven't logged in for hours.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Working now, apparently XP had swallowed the window without switching off the java appllication - had to go into task manager and do switch to, noticed after I was pm'd and the worked. I wonder if that is a possible solution when you get booted for no reason.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

K, chucked again and its defintely not XP this time. I think it must be the new java update.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
me too, Doublethink

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just got in!

I'm using Firefox.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Emma-Jean
Shipmate
# 7165

- Posted      Profile for Emma-Jean   Author's homepage   Email Emma-Jean   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just fell overboard and I can't get back in [Frown] Usually if my internet dies I can still get back in but this time no go.

--------------------
"It is important to remember that for every oxidation there must be a corresponding reduction, and vice versa. When 4 electrons are formally removed from ethanol... they do not simply vanish" - Dr. Hultin

Posts: 422 | From: Winter-peg | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just strolled into the cafe, did not load properly, just the text entry bar - and posted text hung in middle of a blank screen. Not sure if anyone was in there with me, couldn't see under the tables.

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was just there but was all by myself. [Frown] Woe is me.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Look, I know that you think I'm always moaning, but this caff is a disaster. Why on earth did you have to fix something which wasn't bust, and if you just wanted a change, why didn't you obey the golden IT rule of buying something off the shelf which does most of what you wanted?

Is roll-back out of the question for technical reasons, or just to save face?

--------------------
Australians all let us ring Joyce
For she is young and free

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If it's roll-back you want.....
Now, bring back the days of manual typewriters and cranking handles. The 20th century didn't need fixing.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Much as I loved Goringe Cafe,
all for moving forwards and inovation.
[Smile] [Yipee]

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Fallen off again [Frown]

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your avatar is still there.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Jah - your ghost has fallem out.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<rattles chains>

Gives one a Purpose in Life [Biased]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hm... has it just crashed or is it only moi? [Paranoid]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope, it's the third time it's crashed today. It's A Sign™ I need to do something else.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Fell off again [Frown]

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just got booted...
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Me too [Frown]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Just managed to get back in - you are showing as in Alex, but no one else is.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And it's back...
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Fell off again - think it was my internet connection this time.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

I just got slung out of the cafe...
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Me too. Meet me in Tumbleweed ?

[ 20. January 2009, 18:57: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

It's gone crunch again - The Sign™ to do other things

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

And crunch again - that time I posted a link and there was a horrible feeling of familiarity about it. Three of us in there, one had recently arrived, but hadn't arrived immediately, no-one had left.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Not much fun becoming a fatal exception.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Crunchedychrunch... [Frown]

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

AAAGGGGHHHHH! - Been dumped out again...
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Me too, fucking thing is really starting to piss me off - did it used to crash this often ?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Got there before you, Alex! [Razz]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

It's back on.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Isn't.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Cafe bailed out - some of us are over at DT's while it recovers
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Looks like the cafe doesn't like URLs with spaces...
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Fallen off again.

--------------------

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Overboard! Man the lifeboat!
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Cafe seems quite fine now.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

This crunch there were four on the Bridge, two in the Gator lounge - no urls posted for some time.

--------------------

Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Cockell:
Looks like the cafe doesn't like URLs with spaces...

Can you unpack that?

Following my last visit to the café I've found what I hope will be a source of sounds for the café, although it will take a few weeks to get the microphone and instruments into the same room.

Nothing has changed in the café software for months, so my best guess is that crashes happen more often with more people.

We expect to start work on the next major version of the café software soon. If you happen to be in Prague in March you could hear more about how it will work here.

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melon:
We expect to start work on the next major version of the café software soon.

May I be the first to say,

'When will the new Café be available?'

Heh heh heh.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Melon, the next few times the café crashed it didn't seem related to urls at all, and it's been fine with urls with spaces since, so I'm not sure Alex was right.

--------------------

Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's a pity, because it sounded like something we might have been able to patch easily (which, presumably, is why Alex found it an appealing idea).

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Thinks happy thoughts of sounds [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016