homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Café now testing (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Café now testing
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If someone logs out while in a private chat, and reconnects, the old private chat window remains (for the person staying in), but is not reconnected to (by the person reconnecting). If either person tries to re-start the chat, it opens a new window (without closing the old one). Bug or feature?

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When the cafe is fully up and running, will people be able to sign in as guests?

We need this--both for members who've gotten disconnected and can't get back in, and for new visitors.

Also...could the Decaff version of the cafe be *more* decaf?

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*is presently testing out the Ship's Mess. And is lonely.*

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If IngoB says the window is corrupt, I think we should believe him [Devil] .

The server software is still crashing from time to time, but Pease has set up a daemon to check if it is running and restart it. So, if you can't get in, the chances are that it will be back within the hour. We're working on fixing the problem at the root of the crashes.

We're going to be talking about what to put on the cafe v2 to do list tomorrow, so do continue to post your thoughts and concerns.

[ 18. March 2008, 08:58: Message edited by: Melon ]

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having used a few times now I have the following suggestions for v2:

• Remember whether you were in decaff mode - currently it remembers the size of the window when you exit. This is good but it also automatically shrinks the width when you go into decaff to just display the chat part. Then on re-opening it remembers this width but puts you in non-decaff mode, giving you both parts of the screen in a window half the previous width. If it remembered that you were in decaff then it wouldn't do this.
  • The PM window grabbing focus is REALLY annoying.
  • The ability to ignore/block PMs would be nice
  • As previously mentioned a way of showing to others that you're away/busy would be useful.
  • You should be able to do everything in decaff mode that you can in normal mode, just without sound and graphics. At present you can't switch rooms, see who's online or initiate a PM in decaff.
  • The ability to highlight a specific user's posts
  • The ability to ignore a specific user.

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I could get in I could not find an EXIT button! Maybe it was me, but I like them so that I can definitely get out and feel that I haven't left a ghost.

Could we have a 'Ship's Brig' please: Anyone who has been planked recently or under suspension could be named to inform les autres.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Agree that the PM window grabbing focus is really annoying. I liked how the old cafe gave you the little message saying "so-and-so wants a private convo, click here". And then the window would go where you wanted it instead of always popping to the top whenever the other person typed. But maybe there are UI considerations about how best to alert people to and engage them in private convos?

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eleanor Jane
Shipmate
# 13102

- Posted      Profile for Eleanor Jane     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also, what about the thing from the raft which says "Eleanor Jane is typing a rely". Might help during those long pauses where you wonder whether you've offended someone or they're wandering somewhere else on the Ship or they're talking to their children or whatever.

Might also help in conversations with lots of people so you can all take turns nicely. [Smile]

EJ

Posts: 556 | From: Now in the UK! | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

- Posted      Profile for Potoroo     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I second Eleanor Jane's idea:
quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor Jane:
Also, what about the thing from the raft which says "Eleanor Jane is typing a rely". Might help during those long pauses where you wonder whether you've offended someone or they're wandering somewhere else on the Ship or they're talking to their children or whatever.

And I also agree with the provision of sound, so that when you're reading threads you know when someone else has arrived in the Chat Cafe...

--------------------
Gilbert's Potoroo is Australia's most endangered animal.

Posts: 2778 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry AdamPater - my daughter and I were using the cafe in preference to msn and I was just about to log off so reading something else!

Sound please and urls to work.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gwaelod
Shipmate
# 6140

- Posted      Profile for Gwaelod   Email Gwaelod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Small update this morning to fix the tiny font size bug.

'Small' is now readable.

More updates to follow.

Posts: 230 | From: Cardiff | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anselm
Shipmate
# 4499

- Posted      Profile for Anselm   Email Anselm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
nice "small font"

Now, would it be possible to write into the program's code a way of filtering out the boring conversations?

On second thoughts, I'm not entirely sure where that would leave me...I probably wouldn't be able to read my own posts.

--------------------
carpe diem domini
...seize the day to play dominoes?

Posts: 2544 | From: The Scriptorium | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lowly Worm:

Small problem... My avatar isn't showing up for me... about half the people in the room can see it, and the other half cannot.

To The Powers that Be:

My avatar is still being flaky. In the cafe, my avatar is visible to only a few people. To the rest of us, it appears as a blank face. It's independent of decaf mode. And because it does appear to some people (as the lowly worm), I know that the software is recognizing it to some extent.

Also, I'm able to see other avatars just fine, as can the other people who are unable to see my avatar.

Is anyone else having any similar avatar issues?

It just seems curious that it's visible to some and not to others. Let me know if there's any troubleshooting you'd like me to try on my own system to narrow down the source of the problem.

-Lowly

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Gwaelod
Shipmate
# 6140

- Posted      Profile for Gwaelod   Email Gwaelod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lowly Worm,

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is with your avatar, but I do notice it is quite different than most. It is in a slightly funny format and is 176Kb in size. That's quite a lot for such a small image (most of the others are less then 4Kb) you could store it in a lossless format for less.

The software loads JPEGs using system libraries, I guess some cope with the quirky format better than others.

It's also stored in a different place on the server than most, although I'm not sure why that would cause a problem.

Posts: 230 | From: Cardiff | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just tried it out. Looks great. Can live with the speech bubbles (but there were only three of us in there, it may be different with lots of shipmates all talking). The private message grabbing the focus is a problem though. It's one thing if half your public message ends up in a private conversation, but worse if one private conversation steals another private one just as you hit return.

JtW.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cruella
Apprentice
# 13502

- Posted      Profile for Cruella   Email Cruella   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I made it there twice but was alone on The Bridge and no one else anywhere else on the ship.....

someone hand me a hanky....sniff...I feel sooo alone....

--------------------
don't take more than you can eat in one sitting. Hide the bones. Bring on the dogs!

Posts: 39 | From: beautiful backwoods | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cruella
Apprentice
# 13502

- Posted      Profile for Cruella   Email Cruella   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
must be my weird timezone or...
oh my!....
could it be...

ICEBERG!!

[Help]

--------------------
don't take more than you can eat in one sitting. Hide the bones. Bring on the dogs!

Posts: 39 | From: beautiful backwoods | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwaelod:

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is with your avatar, but I do notice it is quite different than most.

Well, that would explain all my issues and feelings of being different, then.... [Biased]

But seriously... thanks for looking into this. I'll start exploring new avatar options.

~Lowly

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi folks,

Reading this thread, I'm looking forward to when I finally get my new machine in May (£700 budget from family)... will finally be able to join all of you - and get to some midweek meetings at St Pixels.

At the moment, I can't comment on the UI, unless I saw some screenshots...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Small text is legible when launched from IEX but not when launched from Firefox!

The wizards tell me that I can't get in on my laptop because some java recognition certificates or some such are missing from the hardware. Can anyone tell me how to go about restoring these?

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I use Firefox and the small text is now legible for me. doesn't make that much difference though, as the avatars still take up the same space - could they be made to vary in size with the text size perhaps?

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really like the random focus-grabbing feature - I have learned so much about the private lives of St Pixels users that way.

Gwaelod, Pease, Simon and I came up with a to do list for the next rehash of the café, so at least some of you should be happier soon.

--------------------
French Whine

Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just realised that my last comment is totally irrelevant, for although I use Firefox as my default browser, the cafe is launched in its own application isn't it? Confused at what Eutychus said now!

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lowly Worm:

But seriously... thanks for looking into this. I'll start exploring new avatar options.

~Lowly

keep it as the famous worm though, Lowly - every time I see your avatar it makes me smile [Big Grin]
He's one of my all-time favourite characters - the little worm with the hat and the tie and the shoe [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

Shoe, what shoe? [Confused]

--------------------

Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

quote:
Originally posted by Gracious rebel:
Just realised that my last comment is totally irrelevant, for although I use Firefox as my default browser, the cafe is launched in its own application isn't it?

Yes, unless your different browsers are launching different versions of java, which is possible though unlikely (at least with Windows).
quote:
Confused at what Eutychus said now!
Don't worry, this is perfectly normal.

--------------------
French Whine

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melon:
quote:
Confused at what Eutychus said now!

Don't worry, this is perfectly normal.
My mind reels with sarcastic replies.

My first thought was, as Gracious Rebel says, that the browser shouldn't make any difference, but after getting "tiny" again after an update, I thought I'd try and see. The first launch today from a link on Firefox led to a download of the latest version, and I swear the first time I opened it thereafter the "small" was still tiny - it was the first thing I checked. So I tried again via IEX, got another download and lo! "normal" small size. I logged out and logged back in via the Firefox-based link to get a screengrab to prove my point, but too late - the "tiny" had become "small".

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gracious rebel:
Shoe, what shoe? [Confused]

Lowly Worm has a shoe - visible here, he drives an apple car, and his best friend is Huckle the Cat, and they all live in Busytown.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

My guess is that you get one download copy per browser, so you are not necessarily looking at the same version of the software in each browser. Also, Java Web Start gets bored quite quickly if the website doesn't respond at once, so sometimes you don't get upgrades the first time.

--------------------
French Whine

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There was no one in there. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was in earlier and there was no-one else in then either. [Waterworks]

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
When I could get in I could not find an EXIT button! Maybe it was me, but I like them so that I can definitely get out and feel that I haven't left a ghost.

Me too. All I could do was close the window. Am I missing something? (or is that one of those things that doesn't work for Mac users?)

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can people who wander in remember that there is no sound on the cafe? When in the cafe, if you are doing something else you don't get a warning that someone has arrived or said anything.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
There was no one in there. [Waterworks]

I used an old mac at my brother's house last night...and after a decade, the java gui popped up and I logged right in with my dynamic, unique custom logo. [Big Grin]

But nobody was in there... [Frown]

Good Friday, but still! [Disappointed]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Esmeralda:
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

Me too. All I could do was close the window. Am I missing something? (or is that one of those things that doesn't work for Mac users?)
Me three, and I'm on a PC.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would you need an exit button?

You do know it's not a real room, don't you?

ETA - is leaving a ghost or not leaving a ghost anything to do with an exit button?

[ 23. March 2008, 00:07: Message edited by: Arrietty ]

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In there now -- looks promising. Will enjoy it when there's sound. Speech bubbles not so bad if you're using the whole monitor screen.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would be good if one could use copy-and-paste to add a quote or a url to a conversation.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It works fine on my iMAC. I didn't need to download anything. I like the speech bubbles, I guess, but I miss the sounds when people enter.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

There's no exit button, and just closing the window shouldn't leave ghosts. (They should happen less than with digichat anyway. They are most likely to happen if your ISP goes on a go-slow, so that it takes a while for your disconnection to get as far as the server. This happens sometimes with ISPs that optimise their connections for web traffic by collecting up small packets of information rather than sending them as they arrive. TalkTalk is notorious for this.)

--------------------
French Whine

A Feminine Force
Ship's Onager
# 7812

- Posted      Profile for A Feminine Force   Author's homepage   Email A Feminine Force   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, all chat cafe programmers! Really cute interface, functions well. Thank you so very much for your dedication and perseverence.

LAFF

--------------------
C2C - The Cure for What Ails Ya?

Posts: 2115 | From: Kingdom of Heaven | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Can people who wander in remember that there is no sound on the cafe? When in the cafe, if you are doing something else you don't get a warning that someone has arrived or said anything.

Why are you in there if you're doing something else?

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:

Why are you in there if you're doing something else?
Well actually I think curiosity killed lives in there! [Biased]
(based on the flimsiest of evidence I admit - I've only been in twice myself, and she was there both times)

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Pânts, if I wander into the café and find no-one there, then staying there until someone arrives is an option, but not staring at a boring screen waiting for their arrival. So I go off and do something else.

We found a way of alerting people that there were others in the Café - by sending them a private message that pops up on top of the page they are viewing.

--------------------

bbio
Apprentice
# 13236

- Posted      Profile for bbio   Email bbio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
any idea anyone what

IO Error (java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect)
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : socketConnect at line -2
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : doConnect at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connectToAddress at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connect at line -1
java.net.SocksSocketImpl : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : <init> at line -1
java.net.Socket : <init> at line -1
uk.co.darkgreenmedia.faverolle.SocketComms : run at line 97
java.lang.Thread : run at line -1

might mean - as I can't get in.

A Feminine Force
Ship's Onager
# 7812

- Posted      Profile for A Feminine Force   Author's homepage   Email A Feminine Force   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got that error when I thried to log in after being booted. I relaunched the browser and logged back in just fine. Don't know if that fixed it or if it was just a fluke.

LAFF

--------------------

A Feminine Force
Ship's Onager
# 7812

Sorry to double post, but may I put in a request for a sound alert when someone posts to the cafe? I missed saying goodbye to Wesley J today because I was looking for Curiosity's picture in All Saints.

LAFF

--------------------

bbio
Apprentice
# 13236

- Posted      Profile for bbio   Email bbio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for suggestion, but I still hget the same error.

Anyone else any ideas?

This is frustrating!!

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He'll live, will Wesley J. [Biased]

They're working on it, AFF.

Sorry, bbio, couldn't say what is wrong. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be here shortly.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
bbio
Apprentice
# 13236

I now get exactly the same error with Internet Explorer.

Ideas welcome.

I'd like to get some of the people here.

[Smile]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016