homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Things I Want To Know, etc. (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Things I Want To Know, etc.
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay!!
[Yipee]

[wrong smiley]

[ 12. January 2011, 08:31: Message edited by: Sylvander ]

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Yorick.

What does your sig. P(Troll) = 0.7¹
¹Erin (SoF, 2010) mean?

(If Yorick's not around, can anyone else elucidate?)

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or maybe you could send him a PM. This thread is for "Ship stuff" rather than info on individual members

Spike
Styx host

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't... resist... flaunting... geekiness...

P(function) refers to probability.
A probability of 0.7 is the same as saying 70%
A superscript annotation usually denotes source.
The denoted source in this instance seems to be Erin (presumably in 2010).

Thus, I think it is meant to be read as a playful remembrance of Erin saying that she suspected a 70% probability that Yorick was a troll in 2010.

Gah. That wasn't worth it. Next time go with Spike's advice.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno. Was quite interesting actually.
RooK - your new colours are beautiful.

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sure there was a thread of abbreviations etc - where did it go to? Perhaps it should be pointed out to newbies who wonder what on earth phrases like ITTWACW are about.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
I'm sure there was a thread of abbreviations etc - where did it go to? Perhaps it should be pointed out to newbies who wonder what on earth phrases like ITTWACW are about.

It was on page 2.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ags:

Yes, I think he's a Soft Autumn.

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
itokro
Shipmate
# 16135

- Posted      Profile for itokro   Email itokro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While trying to run a search, I noticed several unfamiliar names under the "Search board:" option, including the rather intriguing-sounding "Ghost board" and something called "IN Crowd". I probably don't need to know what these boards are/were or why they don't appear on the main boards page, but I am curious. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Itokoro, re the boards you noticed, basically they are boards that were once the main page but are now closed.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
itokro
Shipmate
# 16135

- Posted      Profile for itokro   Email itokro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are there any links to them still floating around (e.g. in the way there are links to Oblivion and The Nativity Play even though they're not listed from the board's homepage)? Or have they been expunged entirely? Do I ask too many questions? Can I blame terminal curiosity? Would it kill me if I were a cat?

ETA: Oh, and thanks for the answer, Gwai.

[ 13. January 2011, 01:09: Message edited by: itokro ]

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrs whibley:
quote:
Originally posted by Ags:

Yes, I think he's a Soft Autumn.
It is lovely, isn't it. It's based on the fabulous painting by Betsy Gray Bell called Maple Leaf II. I hope to have a print of it ordered shortly.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by itokro:
Are there any links to them still floating around (e.g. in the way there are links to Oblivion and The Nativity Play even though they're not listed from the board's homepage)?

The links are secret. Don't even ask.
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for your geekiness, RooK. And I love your new colour-scheme too.

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
itokro
Shipmate
# 16135

(Discovers sneakily hidden secret links in RooK's post and follows them. I'm a genius, I swear.)

Ah, so if I change the number at the end of the web address, I get a different board...

(Plays with this for a while)

Conclusion from my wanderings: the Ship is an even stranger plcae than I thought. I like this.

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats. Most people take years to figure out they can change the board number in the URL.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A question about PMs, please:

If I delete an unread PM from my "sent" folder in order to release space, can the recipient still see it in their "incoming" folder and reply days or weeks later?

Thanks,
Q.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I still have a few PMs in my inbox dating back to 2001 and 2002. I'm guessing the senders may well have deleted the originals from their outbox.

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

OK, thanks to the ingenuity of another shipmate who read this thread, consequently sent me a PM and immediately deleted the original from her outbox, I can now give the definitive answer that yes, you can reply to PMs after the sender has deleted the original. Not only that, but the original sender can also respond to your reply.

Bloody hell, I can't believe I'm sitting here at 23.19 trying this. I hope you appreciate what your Admins do for you! [Big Grin]

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ingenuity? And here I was thinking I must have lots of time on my hands.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(Discovers sneakily hidden secret links in RooK's post and follows them. I'm a genius, I swear.)

Ah, so if I change the number at the end of the web address, I get a different board...

(Plays with this for a while)

Conclusion from my wanderings: the Ship is an even stranger place than I thought. I like this.

But Mr Nobody is sneaky. He hosts boards but does not post. I find this chilling. [Paranoid] I shall see my therapist and send Simon the bill.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
BroJames
Shipmate
# 9636

- Posted      Profile for BroJames   Email BroJames   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
[QUOTE]But Mr Nobody is sneaky. He hosts boards but does not post. I find this chilling. [Paranoid] I shall see my therapist and send Simon the bill.

You can try - but I think I know who Simon will pass it on to.
Posts: 3374 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
OK, thanks to the ingenuity of another shipmate who read this thread, consequently sent me a PM and immediately deleted the original from her outbox, I can now give the definitive answer that yes, you can reply to PMs after the sender has deleted the original. Not only that, but the original sender can also respond to your reply.

Bloody hell, I can't believe I'm sitting here at 23.19 trying this. I hope you appreciate what your Admins do for you! [Big Grin]

We do, we do! <adds Spike to chocolate list>

If I had that ingenuity, I could have tried for myself!

Thanks, both.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, hosts and PM's—what exactly do they see, if anything? Is there, say, a control panel that shows a list of PM titles and sender/recipient? Do they have to check on what a specific person sent or received in order to know what's going on? Or is there something entirely different that I don't know about?

To put it another way: how easy would it be for Imaginary Friend to see who's been sending messages to whom during games of Mafia—or, since I generally suspect him of honesty, to avoid seeing this?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
Okay, hosts and PM's—what exactly do they see, if anything? Is there, say, a control panel that shows a list of PM titles and sender/recipient? Do they have to check on what a specific person sent or received in order to know what's going on? Or is there something entirely different that I don't know about?

To put it another way: how easy would it be for Imaginary Friend to see who's been sending messages to whom during games of Mafia—or, since I generally suspect him of honesty, to avoid seeing this?

if I ever had access to that as a host, I didn't know it.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is no "master list" of PMs.

If someone has the option to receive email notifications of PMs, but the emails bounce (including if you put on an automated "I'm away" message that returns the incoming email) then they end up in the admins inbox.

If someone reports a serious abuse of the PM system then we can access individual accounts to read the PMs concerned and make a judgement based on that. It's a bit of a hassle, and would be with the permission of the person making the complaint (as long as the PM wasn't deleted we don't need to see the copy held by the accused).

[ETA: 'we' in the above refers to the admins. The hosts don't have access to the admin email, nor the necessary access to the Control Panel to access individual user accounts]

[ 25. February 2011, 06:29: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim   Email Duo Seraphim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
if I ever had access to that as a host, I didn't know it.

... but in my more paranoid moments as a host I sometimes wished I could see PM titles. About me naturally. Doesn't do to be too nosy.

--------------------
Embrace the serious whack. It's the Catholic thing to do. IngoB
The Messiah, Peace be upon him, said to his Apostles: 'Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode.' (Bihar al-anwar xiv, 319)

Posts: 7952 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

or, since I generally suspect him of honesty,

What an unconscionably rude thing to say!

With all the drivel* hosts are obligated to read, why on earth would they seek out more?

*Yes, I am including myself. And no, I am not including you, AA. Not in particular.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

or, since I generally suspect him of honesty,

What an unconscionably rude thing to say!

With all the drivel* hosts are obligated to read, why on earth would they seek out more?

You can never rule out masochism—after all, he did accept the host gig in the first place . . .

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Think-squared

What is your avatar a representation of (if anything)? I find it very disturbing! Not sure what Malin's is either, but at least it seems cuddly.

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jabber
Shipmate
# 9668

- Posted      Profile for Jabber   Email Jabber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrs whibley:
Think-squared

What is your avatar a representation of (if anything)? I find it very disturbing!

I think it's a gargoyle, but would love to know where from (if anywhere)
Posts: 153 | From: North West England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew this once but have forgotten however I think you need to think British Cars rather than gargoyles.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

Can I respectfully refer shipmates to the post I made earlier in this thread

Thankyou

Spike
Styx Host

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This question definitely belongs in the "Things I'd Like To Know, But I Really Don't Have Any Right To" category, or however this thread was originally called.

How are the Private Boards doing?

I'm not asking for detailed reports on what's being discussed there, but I'd be curious to have some general idea: Are they still alive, thriving and well? Or have they withered away after a first few months of frantic discussion?

In any case, I hope that they are still serving the purpose that the Ship set up this possibility for originally.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
This question definitely belongs in the "Things I'd Like To Know, But I Really Don't Have Any Right To" category, or however this thread was originally called.

How are the Private Boards doing?

I'm not asking for detailed reports on what's being discussed there, but I'd be curious to have some general idea: Are they still alive, thriving and well? Or have they withered away after a first few months of frantic discussion?

In any case, I hope that they are still serving the purpose that the Ship set up this possibility for originally.

Seem to be doing fine. The private boards share a server with the Ship, but are pretty seperate. A complete list of all the ones that currently exist, along with who to contact if you want to join one is here.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Tubbs: Seem to be doing fine.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear this.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So the Glory board has gone from nine hidden threads to ten. Is something brewing?
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Passer, you can see all the threads on Glory if you set the setting to "all threads" instead of the default "treads from the last 90 days".

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by passer:
So the Glory board has gone from nine hidden threads to ten. Is something brewing?

Nope, but I did move Miss Molly's Vigil thread into Glory.

Tubbs

--------------------

passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemrw:
Passer, you can see all the threads on Glory if you set the setting to "all threads" instead of the default "treads from the last 90 days".

Thank you!

And how nice to see the Miss Molly threads readily accessible.

(This has buggered up several of my Ship bookmarks, of course!)

Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who does the Born Twice stuff? It's hilarious.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
BroJames
Shipmate
# 9636

- Posted      Profile for BroJames   Email BroJames   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone explain the weirdness on Purg ATM. The "{The founding of the state of Israel 1948" thread is at the top of the list. Purg as a whole is showing no new posts since my last visit, and the top thread is showing a last post time (for ken's post) of 02.12. But there are threads below it with later last post times (e.g. "By their fruits" at 18.22 on the same date). Has the "The founding of the state of Israel 1948" been fixed as a sticky? It is not showing as such.

[ 19. June 2011, 18:24: Message edited by: BroJames ]

Posts: 3374 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that happens when someone makes a post and then deletes it. The thread has been promoted to the head of the list, and stays there even though the post that put it there no longer exists.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Drifting Star is correct.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim   Email Duo Seraphim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
quote:
Originally posted by passer:

Nope, but I did move Miss Molly's Vigil thread into Glory.

Tubbs

Bless you! That was a sad but beautiful time.

--------------------
Embrace the serious whack. It's the Catholic thing to do. IngoB
The Messiah, Peace be upon him, said to his Apostles: 'Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode.' (Bihar al-anwar xiv, 319)

Posts: 7952 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jackanapes
Shipmate
# 12374

- Posted      Profile for jackanapes   Email jackanapes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Who does the Born Twice stuff? It's hilarious.

I do. No, hold on a minute, it's someone else who just happens to look like me.
Posts: 468 | From: The bottom of my heart | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
A.Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 15044

- Posted      Profile for A.Pilgrim   Email A.Pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What happened to the threads in the Chapter & Worse forum? They aren't in Limbo, and Oblivion is too big to browse through. There were some interesting discussions on the verses suggested, and I think it would be a pity if they just disappeared. Thanks, Angus
Posts: 434 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A.Pilgrim:
What happened to the threads in the Chapter & Worse forum? They aren't in Limbo, and Oblivion is too big to browse through. There were some interesting discussions on the verses suggested, and I think it would be a pity if they just disappeared. Thanks, Angus

Chapter & Worse

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Are there any links to them still floating around (e.g. in the way there are links to Oblivion and The Nativity Play even though they're not listed from the board's homepage)?

The links are secret. Don't even ask.
I've been looking for stuff from the TnT board, but can't find it using search, or in Limbo, and I can't find the board by playing with the number at the end of the URL [Frown] Anyone got a link, or links to archived threads? I'm about to give up. - Thanks in advance [Smile]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are four T&T threads on the penultimate page of Oblivion.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016