homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Things I Want To Know, etc. (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Things I Want To Know, etc.
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Page 18, there it is. Thanks, Moo. No trace of it through Search.

Thanks - I've been looking for that thread too.
Convinced myself I'd imagined it.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was browsing in Oblivion and happened upon a shipmate who changed member number, presumably in the sale/auction which took place in days of yore.

A "last 50 posts" enquiry on the old number shows posts up until 2005, and on the new number shows posts to today.

What I want to know, for no reason other than curiosity, is: Does the "number of posts" count get reset to zero when the new member number is issued, causing the shipmate to return to Apprentice status?

And does the current "number of posts" number equate to an aggregation of both existences, or just the current existence?

Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If I recall correctly, when we auctioned the member numbers those who got a new number had their post count carried over - but only the number of posts, there was no direct link to their earlier posts (ie: the 50 most recent posts would have been initially an empty list).

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Alan.
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever happened to riverfalls? Eaten by alligator?

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AdamPater:
Whatever happened to riverfalls? Eaten by alligator?

Eaten by something. May have been a 'gator, may have been something else.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
A.Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 15044

- Posted      Profile for A.Pilgrim   Email A.Pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of the issues with regard to Martin PC Not's suspension was the requirement to write posts in English, and if not, to provide a translation. Is there anywhere in the Ship's guidance notes that explicitly states this?

I have read through the 10Cs, the FAQs* and the Board Guidelines and not found it in any of those. The only comment relating to this subject that I've found so far is for Kerygmania where Guideline7 reads:
quote:
Feel free to use the original languages in which the Bible was written if you think it will help your argument. But please be aware that it may not! If you do use Greek or Hebrew (or even Aramaic), have pity on those of us who don't read these languages and provide a translation for us.
Here the requirement for a translation is asked more as a favour than as a hard-line requirement. Could I suggest that the language requirement for posts be stated explicitly somewhere? (Unless I've been unobservant and missed it.)

And does it apply to sig lines? I know of at least two shipmates with non-English text sig lines (one of them is in Arabic script as well). Perhaps it would prevent a situation in the future where a dispute arose about an allegation of abuse in a non-English language sig if the requirement for the use of English applied to sigs as well.

Sorry if this produces extra work for the Ship's admins or webmates, but would be a useful clarification. Thanks, Angus [Smile]

*That's the FAQs linked from the second heading line, not the FAQs linked from the lower line which has the options: My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home (Is it confusing to have two different FAQs pages?)

Posts: 434 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Signatures are your's to play with as you will.

Otherwise this is an English language board, as has been stated again and again and again** in the Styx, here and there*

**ad nauseum
*seriatim

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Signatures are your's to play with as you will.

Otherwise this is an English language board, as has been stated again and again and again** in the Styx, here and there*

**ad nauseum
*seriatim

ad nauseam [Biased]
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You may be inviting an ad defenestratam.

[ 08. October 2012, 13:23: Message edited by: mdijon ]

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
A.Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 15044

- Posted      Profile for A.Pilgrim   Email A.Pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
... Otherwise this is an English language board, as has been stated again and again and again** in the Styx, here and there*

**ad nauseum
*seriatim

I'm sorry if I touched a raw nerve - I was genuinely trying to make a helpful suggestion. I wouldn't have thought of looking through threads in The Styx for guidance on acceptable posting, but rather in the 10Cs, guidelines or FAQs, and I guess that newcomers would look in those places as well. However, I shall now back off discreetly with a placatory smile... [Smile]
Posts: 434 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posters are using Latin! Ummmmm! I'm gonna tell!

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
mdijon: You may be inviting an ad defenestratam.
I just hope he hasn't been predefenestrated yet.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A.Pilgrim:
One of the issues with regard to Martin PC Not's suspension was the requirement to write posts in English, and if not, to provide a translation. Is there anywhere in the Ship's guidance notes that explicitly states this?

The reason for this requirement is that the Ship is an English language discussion board. It is difficult to maintain a proper discussion when someone uses a language that is not readily understood by many of the other shipmates. That is why a translation is required when someone uses a language other than English in a post.

Sig lines are not part of the discussion, so are not subject to this requirement.

But I'm afraid I can't help you find where it is explained otherwise.

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Generally that rule is seen most clarified often when a host reminds someone, I suspect.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
You may be inviting an ad defenestratam.

I feel so lame. I thought that word meant something completely different all this time.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, erm, caution everyone to refrain from asking what the misconception was...

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it was the same sort of thing as "evisceration."

Which-- I had some fool following me around at the time aiming really lurid, graphic, Wolf Creek quality descriptions of bunny-skinning at me at the time I first saw the word-- to be frank, in RooK's title-- and the misunderstood meaning kind of creeped me out. Sorry, RooK. [Big Grin]

I supposed I could have just looked it up...

[ 10. October 2012, 23:07: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Jayne Cobb voice] It's my very favourite word. [/Jayne Cobb voice]
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

.. and under my new enlightenment, I take back that comment I made long ago about it "not fitting you." It SO TOTALLY fits you. [Big Grin]

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
The reason for this requirement is that the Ship is an English language discussion board. It is difficult to maintain a proper discussion when someone uses a language that is not readily understood by many of the other shipmates. That is why a translation is required when someone uses a language other than English in a post.

Though the definition of English is at the whim of hosts who can make it totally incomprehensible, just for fun by removing vowels as we have recently seen in Hell. Thus, the rule is actually, in practice, that you should post in English, but if the hosts do something to make it incomprehensible, you'd better bloody well be damn careful, because they may do whatever. To be somewhat kinder, realize that they are human, and make errors.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My bookmark to the Ship takes me to the front page which shows the number of people on the discussion boards which is currently 73. On a Sunday morning it is in the forties. Does anyone know what the highest and lowest numbers here are? Just being curious.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

Quote:

quote:
Our visitor record is 290, set on 16 November, 2008 00:39 .
As for the lowest number, it depends who's frigging around with the admin panel, which has been known to set that number to zero.
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by passer:
As for the lowest number, it depends who's frigging around with the admin panel, which has been known to set that number to zero.

Why invoke human agency when a computer could fuck that up all by itself?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

Because I don't recall the boards going down other than when a human agent was doing something, be it a scheduled maintenance activity such as rebuilding directories or unscheduled frigging around. The last two I recall have included one of each. Your Memory May Vary.
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Because I don't recall the boards going down other than when a human agent was doing something, be it a scheduled maintenance activity such as rebuilding directories or unscheduled frigging around.

[Big Grin]
I love that you think any of our frigging around is scheduled.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't recall the boards going down other than when a human agent was doing something

The boards have gone down briefly due to server issues. When the server is down, it doesn't send notifications that it's down to the whole internet. So you might have missed it.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aha! You are caught, Rook. That is just the sort of thing one would say to camouflage one's nefarious intents.
Fight the power, passer, fight the power!

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the top of each page of a thread is the phrase Source: (consider it). What does this mean?
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonah the Whale:
At the top of each page of a thread is the phrase Source: (consider it). What does this mean?

I don't know about you but I instinctly skip posts from a small section of contributors*. It can save a lot of aggravation.

*except in Hell, that is.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonah the Whale:

It used to say "posted by", or something similar. It got changed during a H&A Day years ago.

As for what it means: it's a simple reminder to consider the source of what you're reading.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, that makes sense. I had assumed it related to the title of the thread because it was the title bar. Hadn't made the connection that it was at the top of the post-contributor column.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just curious as to whether Beeswax Altar has been banned?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Just curious as to whether Beeswax Altar has been banned?

No, he hasn't.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cool. Ta

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder, is there a way of looking at a member's list of posts?

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by SusanDoris:
I wonder, is there a way of looking at a member's list of posts?

Yes, there is.

1. Find the member. Do this either through the Directory, using member search or click on them in a thread.

2. That gives you a screen showing "Profile for <membersname>". On that, above the personal details, is "View recent posts". Click on that and you get the last fifty posts (unless they are very old posts indeed).

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Siomi Sais
Thank you.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can also just click on their post count from within a thread.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
You can also just click on their post count from within a thread.

Hey! That's a new one on me. Thanks.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Found it by accident a few years ago. Dang phone thumbs.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
if the hosts do something to make it incomprehensible, you'd better bloody well be damn careful, because they may do whatever.

I think you have the wrong beasts. Hosts are mere indentured serfs, struggling under the yoke of oppression. It is the admins who bear unrestricted, unfettered powers, walking with the gods and capriciously delivering random acts of wanton hatred.

Bite them, hippie peace-freaks.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To no prophet's specific point, can't Hosts edit anyone's posts within the board in which they host?

[ 17. June 2013, 20:21: Message edited by: monkeylizard ]

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, hosts can edit any post on the board(s) they host. Admins can edit any post, anywhere.

Posts are edited for one of two reasons, most of the time:
  1. A real foul up with coding that makes the post largely unreadable - getting nested quotes all mixed up so you don't know who's quoted and what's the reply, using CODE rather than QUOTE and screwing the page formatting, getting a link wrong so it doesn't work properly, multiple copies of the same post.

That is, they edit posts to make it easier for everyone to join in the discussion/game/rant/whatever.

2. To remove something that might get the Ship into legal hot water - large pieces of potentially copyright text, links to sites of dubious legality and taste, advertising and spam, remarks that may be incitement to illegal activities etc. And, note, we don't ask our hosts to be lawyers, nor to spend their time checking whether the particular version of a hymn you've quoted is still covered by copyright somewhere in the world, and so will always act in a cautious manner.

That is, they edit posts to protect the Ship.
That's basically it. Occasionally on a H&A Day the power to edit is used extensively. Hell hosts might occasionally think up some imaginative way to make a point. But, those are the exceptions.

[and, because I can add one blank line to make it look more pretty]

[ 17. June 2013, 20:57: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Emily's recent posting made me want to ask - is it possible for me to get a username change please? I made the same mistake she did in putting my full name as my username. Would be happy to make a donation for it!

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We don' t usually allow name changes, but from time to time we hold a name change amnesty. When this happens it's announced here in The Styx and lasts for about 3 days. The last one was less than a year ago, so it'll be a while before the next one. Sorry.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

Your screenname, the one everyone sees, can be changed. Your login name can not.

We disabled the ability of shipmates to change their name whenever they want several years ago. It just got too confusing for everyone when some people changed their displayed name every other week. We have periodic "name change amnesties" when we reactivate the ability for people to change their name for a short period. We had such an amnesty relatively recently, and don't have immediate plans for another ... but watch the Styx for an announcement when we do.

[x-post with Spike]

[ 28. June 2013, 07:11: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
Emily's recent posting made me want to ask - is it possible for me to get a username change please? I made the same mistake she did in putting my full name as my username. Would be happy to make a donation for it!

Just to add to Spike and Alan's comments ... The reason we don't sell name changes is that it can't be done in the Control Panel. One of the Admins would have to log in as you to make the change. And we'd really rather not do that unless something very serious had happened.

Tubbs

[ 28. June 2013, 11:44: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard about Hurricane Joanne of course, but I wasn't there when it happened. Sometimes I have the idea that if Joanne happened now, the situation would be dealt with easily. Maybe there have already been people on board who tried to be more disruptive than Joanne was, but since then it has been easier to deal with them. Could this be true?

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016