homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Host & Admin Day (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Host & Admin Day
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Auntiehth I really think you are taking my post too seriously. I'm not that interested in examining the semantics, dynamics or whatever else to nail down a scientific meaning of "incrowd" or in seriously discussing whether such a thing exists on Ship of FOols and how it manifests itself or the implications thereof, seriously that's just making a discussion forum disappear up its own arse hole.

If it puts your mind at rest (given you've asked me twice) to know how I, personally happen to define in-crowd then I'd refer you to that vague, unreliable resource urban dictionary who have a few defns. When I use the expression "in-crowd" it refers to some combination of the following, in different circumstances one definition might predominate over the other.....

quote:
A group of people who know the specifics or details about certain things such as games, programs, chatboxes and forums.
with a dash of

quote:
Popular kids
and

quote:
people who hang out with the popular people.
Lastly, I reiterate that my thoughts on h&A day are not connected to "in-crowd" notions, to me the conversation had moved on from H&A day to how to join the "in-crowd", which is a laughable concept as most others seem to realise.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry Orfeo, x-posted with my last post and I agree with you, although I'd plead mine was satire, not sarcasm.

[ 02. October 2014, 23:17: Message edited by: Evangeline ]

Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you, Evangeline.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thyme:
It's like being friends with Royalty. Those who are don't talk about it. So you never really know.

Except the present Prime Minister, of course. Who happily discusses his meetings with the Queen.

I wonder if RooK purrs?

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

Ah but that's the point Boogie, the current PM is not a friend of Royalty, he only gets to see her 'cos he's the PM, big difference.
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
I wonder if RooK purrs?

Not that I've heard. I do, though.

However, until the Ship software is upgraded to include audio chat this information is unlikely to be useful.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
I wonder if RooK purrs?

Not really, but I have been known to do a disturbing impression of the Predator after sneaking up on the unsuspecting.

And my laugh has been compared to Jabba.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't particularly enjoy H&A Day, but this thread has given me days of amusement. Please keep them coming if they produce such windfalls.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016