homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Name Change Amnesty! Happening Now!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Name Change Amnesty! Happening Now!
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In honour of my birthday, there is a Name Change Amnesty!

Name changes will permitted for the duration of my birthday, or until I remember to log back into the Control Panel and switch it back off.

When changing your name, please bear in mind the following:

Choose wisely. You’ll be stuck with whatever you’ve chosen until the next Amnesty. And goodness knows when that will be!

Please announce your shiny, new name to the rest of the Ship on this thread in All Saints.

Name changes must be included in your signature for two months. The limit for signatures is four lines.

You must post a few times during the two months. None of this changing your name and then not posting for two months so no one knows who you are malarkey.

Well, what are you waiting for!?

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posting just to get this on the boards front page again.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Worth pointing out that if you try out a couple of names, the software may not let you return to your original.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, dear.

I can't wait to call you MF. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Razz] I am still trying various names, who knows the ultimate result ....

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thrice Thought:
[Razz] I am still trying various names, who knows the ultimate result ....

Or what you'll be stuck with once I turn the option back off
[Two face]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I shall simply have to choose only brilliant options ...

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

Bump!

Get those name changes whilst you can!

Tubbs

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've changed my name far too often, so I'll stay as I am thanks [Smile]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Your avatar shows power in my view. Looks right through me.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
quote:

Your avatar shows power in my view. Looks right through me.
I have ordered my new Avatar - I think you will find it does the same [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a big believer in sticking with your personal brand.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Mine was outdated [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:

Mine was outdated [Smile]
Is that the Boogie?

Tubbs

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Especially if it's original and inventive.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I misread that as invective at first.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In RooK's case, that would also work. Though I quite liked the cute pony one.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Being a man of no fixed hairstyle whose legend lasted a mere lunch time, I don't really believe in brands because of my sad and pathetic degradation.

But with the wisdom and power of such posts above, I will remark that I wish dearly that my personal brand still contained the look of 40 years ago, of long, trailing blond curly locks, which women fought over to french braid as we frolicked in the daisies. Now the bald spot in the front is trying to link up with the bald spot in the back amid the few remaining strands of pale, mouse grey wires growing from my worn scalp, and like the Norwegian Blue, I pine for the fiords.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I'm still blonde 'tho.

[Smile]

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Since I haven't been a Higgs in years, I've changed to BessLane. [Big Grin]

(and Hippo Birdie, BTW)

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BessLane:
Since I haven't been a Higgs in years, I've changed to BessLane. [Big Grin]

Please post on the thread in All Saints

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

Hurry up, the Amnesty ends sometime tomorrow.

Tubbs

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

And we're done. My birthday celebrations are over.

Tubbs

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday [Smile]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am quite happy with my name for the moment. It means a lot to me, for all sorts of reasons.
Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't know where to ask about this.

About ten years ago I had an avatar of a dog that looked like he was wearing a tutu, so my, "Pavlova's dog" made sense. Then I sold the avatar in a fund drive and finally ended up with this -- which I believe is a marsh-wiggle. So I wonder if I could be "ship's marsh-wiggle," if it's not too much trouble.

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

You need to follow the instructions here.

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks!
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just one slight problem in that you will need to be careful about precisely which title you take.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

Oh thanks, I didn't remember that. Just as I had forgot the whole procedure for avatars and titles. The two times I've bought custom avatars, I had to get the snail mail address and send a check to Erin who then had to send it on to Simon. I wouldn't bother anyone with all that for just a title.

I'm embarrassed to admit I have no idea how people send money or buy things online. Mashing the bills through the screen doesn't seem to work.

Too bad, "ship's luddite," has already been taken.

[Hot and Hormonal]

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

I think that if you go through the process you'll get to a form into which you enter your bank card details.

More broadly, if you want to purchase stuff online - it helps to have a paypal account. They act as an escrow provider and it means that if you buy from individuals online - eg via ebay - you can avoid giving over your bank details.

[ 31. October 2014, 06:47: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

--------------------

The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have changed my name twice in my time on the Ship, but I wish everyone else would just stop!

I tend to lose friends when y'all switch names and I don't see the notice in your signature. I'm looking at you Knopwood.

Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

I just now noticed, some powerful but kind host has changed my title from Pavlova's dog to Puddleglum's sister! I don't know when or how it happened!

A thousand thanks!
[Yipee]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw, gee, that was sweet!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As this thread is still open, does it mean I can still change my name?
Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No. It closed on 13tth October.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016