homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Tatler (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Tatler
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seasick:
quote:
Originally posted by regulator reverend:
I will be ordained later this year, and I am looking for a cassock. I have a double-breasted Sarum style cassock, but would like to get a single breasted one for my ordination. Is it OK to wear a surplice with a single breated cassock in CofE? [Confused]

Why ever not? Just be careful not to kneel on any buttons.

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arch Anglo Catholic
Shipmate
# 15181

- Posted      Profile for Arch Anglo Catholic         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perfectly fine to sport a single breasted cassock. I wear double breasted (all wool for added warmth) in the coldest parts of the benefice and Winter, and single breasted, 39 or 33 button, the rest of the year.

Given that you will wear a surplice over the cassock, it is likely that no one but you will know! Actually, and on second thoughts, there are BOUND to be a few clerical tat lovers like me about who will note exactly what is being worn.

I must get out more....

Posts: 144 | From: Shropshire | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think some of us regard wearing a Roman cassock as 'flying false colours' but other than that I can see no objection.

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wear a single breasted cassock under my surplice and haven't been arrested yet!

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I think some of us regard wearing a Roman cassock as 'flying false colours' but other than that I can see no objection.

PD

You'll remember what the Blessed Percy had to say on the matter

quote:
The use of buttons renders the cassock inconvenient to walk in, uncomfortable to kneel in, and cumbersome to put on. It would also add to the cost if buttonhole-making were not so often cruelly underpaid

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:
You'll remember what the Blessed Percy had to say on the matter

quote:
The use of buttons renders the cassock inconvenient to walk in, uncomfortable to kneel in, and cumbersome to put on. It would also add to the cost if buttonhole-making were not so often cruelly underpaid

That's a very good point. I remember only too well the time I genuflected and one of the buttons on my cassock dug straight into the soft bit just below my kneecap. My eyes still water just thinking about it.

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
I will be ordained later this year, and I am looking for a cassock. I have a double-breasted Sarum style cassock, but would like to get a single breasted one for my ordination. Is it OK to wear a surplice with a single breated cassock in CofE? [Confused]

I always wear a single-breasted under a surplice but I am getting a bigger beer belly so next time I buy a new one, it's going to be double-breasted. More accommodating to the senior man's figure.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
That's a very good point. I remember only too well the time I genuflected and one of the buttons on my cassock dug straight into the soft bit just below my kneecap. My eyes still water just thinking about it.

Heh, heh - which of the 39 articles caused you such discomfort?!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
daviddrinkell
Shipmate
# 8854

- Posted      Profile for daviddrinkell   Email daviddrinkell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The double-breasted type is much more Anglican, and so much more convenient. It fits far more comfortably, has only three buttons (so is much quicker and easier to put on and take off) and it looks smarter. Life is too short to fiddle with 39 buttons, and why go for the Roman look when there's a viable Anglican alternative? (No criticism here intended of RCs wearing the single-breasted type. It's their style).

--------------------
David

Posts: 1983 | From: St. John's, Newfoundland | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Corvo
Shipmate
# 15220

- Posted      Profile for Corvo   Email Corvo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

A proper (Sarum) surplice will completely conceal whatever cassock you are wearing. Single-breasted cassocks are quite usual in the Church of England.
Posts: 672 | From: The Most Holy Trinity, Coach Lane, North Shields | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Cardinal Pole Vault

Papal Bull
# 4193

- Posted      Profile for Cardinal Pole Vault   Author's homepage   Email Cardinal Pole Vault   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Yes. It is perfectly acceptable.

--------------------
"Make tea, not war"

Posts: 986 | From: Insula Tiberina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

The double-breasted cassock makes the wearer look like the Verger from Dad's Army IMO

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And the double breasted cassocks can gape open when worn by ladies with larger busts.
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Arch Anglo Catholic
Shipmate
# 15181

- Posted      Profile for Arch Anglo Catholic         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
@PD

Your comment with regard to flying under false colours was once very true, but given the very large number of Anglican clergy wearing single breasted, 39 button cassocks, perhaps not so today, noting also that a fair number of CofE Bishops sport them too.

It is more of a distinction, one might suggest, on the other side of the pond where Cassocks are described as either Anglican/sarum or Roman. Not quite the same in dear old Blighty!

Pip pip!

Posts: 144 | From: Shropshire | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a Methodist and I wear a single-breasted cassock. Am I guilty of impersonating an Anglican or of impersonating a Roman Catholic? [Big Grin]

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
By definition almost, if you've got 39 buttons you must be an Anglican (or impersonating one).

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The clergy I know wear single breasted cassocks but with only about 12 buttons not 39..
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zacchaeus:
The clergy I know wear single breasted cassocks but with only about 12 buttons not 39..

Hereticks!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sacred London:
quote:
quote:

A proper (Sarum) surplice will completely conceal whatever cassock you are wearing. Single-breasted cassocks are quite usual in the Church of England.
Not really - there should be about six inches of cassock visible where the surplice ends.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Not really - there should be about six inches of cassock visible where the surplice ends.

Mirfield monks used to have this fashion for wearing their cassocks very short. Hence when they put a surplice on top you could just see their ankles.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
Originally posted by Angloid:
quote:

Mirfield monks used to have this fashion for wearing their cassocks very short. Hence when they put a surplice on top you could just see their ankles.
? They wore cottas in my day.

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:

Hereticks!
I must try and count on Sunday - though how to count the ones under hte surplice!!
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you sure? My memory is of long Sarum surplices (and apparelled albs for the servers) They've gone a lot simpler recently with cassock-albs (on top of cassocks!)

--------------------

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And the double breasted cassocks can gape open when worn by ladies with larger busts.

Speaking of larger busts, I was wondering if folks who have experience borrowing from a common closet could advise on whether a female with broad shoulders and a large chest should go for a male or female cassock. I've been asked to pick up an acolyte version for service at the altar.

I tend to wear men's shirts anyway because women's clothing manufacturers in their infinite wisdom think plus-size females have weensy stick arms, and I'm wondering if I'll have this problem in the cassock realm also.

At least I know this won't be an issue with my surplice!

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you sure? My memory is of long Sarum surplices (and apparelled albs for the servers) They've gone a lot simpler recently with cassock-albs (on top of cassocks!)
Cottas at the Leeds hostel 40 years ago. - I remember because I hate cottas. I remember the short cassocks, though.

I was at the mother house last year but can't remember what they wore.

[ 21. January 2012, 09:08: Message edited by: leo ]

--------------------

3rdFooter
Shipmate
# 9751

- Posted      Profile for 3rdFooter   Email 3rdFooter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy:
Speaking of larger busts, I was wondering if folks who have experience borrowing from a common closet could advise on whether a female with broad shoulders and a large chest should go for a male or female cassock. I've been asked to pick up an acolyte version for service at the altar.

I tend to wear men's shirts anyway because women's clothing manufacturers in their infinite wisdom think plus-size females have weensy stick arms, and I'm wondering if I'll have this problem in the cassock realm also.

If you are serving regularly, and definitely if you are going to be ordained, get your own cassock that fits you properly and behaves itself by your rules. If nothing else it saves you a lot of searching around for the one in the common cupboard that fits and means you can get on with preparation. You have to do a lot of different things in a cassock (walk, carry, kneel, gesture...) so your confidence and its fit are important.

A made to measure, wool/poly mix cassock will repay itself with years of service.

(3F, Ordained, Anglican, 39 buttons)

--------------------
3F - Shunter in the sidings of God's Kingdom

Posts: 602 | From: outskirts of Babylon | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
regulator reverend
Apprentice
# 16890

- Posted      Profile for regulator reverend         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for all your advice on the cassock front. Made-to-measure single breasted it is for me. Any other vestment advice gratefully received as I embark on this journey - ordination coming up in Petertide 2012. But I promise no Olympic rings on my stole! [Votive]
Posts: 9 | From: Hampshire | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The double-breasted cassock makes the wearer look like the Verger from Dad's Army IMO

Only if worn with a flat cap, and a duster stuck into the belt!
BTW, what's all this stuff about undoing/ doing up all 39 buttons to get in and out of the cassock? Surely you just undo enough to step in/out of the top of it? That's certainly what I was taught to do in the distant days when I used to wear one.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
3rdFooter
Shipmate
# 9751

- Posted      Profile for 3rdFooter   Email 3rdFooter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But I promise no Olympic rings on my stole! [Votive]

Oh Lord, what a thought. You just know someone's going to.

Can I make a conditional Hell Call to the first to post such an image?

--------------------
3F - Shunter in the sidings of God's Kingdom

Posts: 602 | From: outskirts of Babylon | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
quote:

BTW, what's all this stuff about undoing/ doing up all 39 buttons to get in and out of the cassock? Surely you just undo enough to step in/out of the top of it? That's certainly what I was taught to do in the distant days when I used to wear one.

I still do that.

--------------------

Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I still do that.
I assume you're referring to the method if getting in and out of a s/b cassock: I can't quite picture you with yellow duster and flat cap.
[Biased]

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Surely you just undo enough to step in/out of the top of it? That's certainly what I was taught to do in the distant days when I used to wear one.

It's also a good way to monitor your waistline. When I was a pale young curate, I only had to undo 15 buttons. Now it's 19. I suppose I should be grateful I can still get into the cassock at all.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bax
Shipmate
# 16572

- Posted      Profile for Bax   Email Bax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Only if worn with a cloth cap, your reverence...
regulator reverend
Apprentice
# 16890

- Posted      Profile for regulator reverend         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been given a stole and it has a cord near the top of the stole holding the two sides together. When worn the cord has to go round the back of the neck, which makes the "yoke" of the stole stand out somewhat. [Confused]
Posts: 9 | From: Hampshire | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Comper's Child
Shipmate
# 10580

- Posted      Profile for Comper's Child     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have been given a stole and it has a cord near the top of the stole holding the two sides together. When worn the cord has to go round the back of the neck, which makes the "yoke" of the stole stand out somewhat. [Confused]

That is the point - to make it stand out.
Posts: 2509 | From: Penn's Greene Countrie Towne | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 3rdFooter:
quote:

If you are serving regularly, and definitely if you are going to be ordained, get your own cassock that fits you properly and behaves itself by your rules. If nothing else it saves you a lot of searching around for the one in the common cupboard that fits and means you can get on with preparation. You have to do a lot of different things in a cassock (walk, carry, kneel, gesture...) so your confidence and its fit are important.

Yeah, unless God throws a wobbly I ain't going to be ordained any time soon, but the big problem (ha! pun.) is that I'm too far outside the normal measurements that none in the common cupboard fit me at all, so I have zero frame of reference. My chest is 44 inches, my bust is 65 inches, my seam to seam shoulder is 19 inches, and my bicep is 20 inches in diameter.

For those who aren't into pret-a-porter, that's about a size 2XL US men's, and unless it's a knit with generous positive ease, I won't fit into a women's cut shirt at all.

Looking at my price range, I'll probably have to do my usual buy the biggest one possible and apply sewing machine liberally.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why not just sew one from scratch in the first place? While I've never made one, I've thought about it many times. They have patterns online and in regular fabric stores - check the costume section of the books.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:
Originally posted by lily pad:
Why not just sew one from scratch in the first place? While I've never made one, I've thought about it many times. They have patterns online and in regular fabric stores - check the costume section of the books.

Because darts are fast, easy, and well within my attention span. A full article of clothing? No. Thank you. I will pay someone else who has access to a serger for that.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
For those who aren't into pret-a-porter, that's about a size 2XL US men's, and unless it's a knit with generous positive ease, I won't fit into a women's cut shirt at all.

So that is why women shouldn't be ordained.

Joke - honestly - I've known quite a few anglo-catholic priests whose robes needed to be 'very generous'.

--------------------

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:

Joke - honestly - I've known quite a few anglo-catholic priests whose robes needed to be 'very generous'.

I bet I could bench press them. I think it's more why people who spent a lot of time doing bodybuilding in their younger years shouldn't be ordained. Muscle goes soft, but it doesn't go away.

Besides, I'm not going to be ordained, I'm just going to be fetching and carrying for those in Holy Orders.

--------------------

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I can recall reading about Scandinavian Lutherans introducing lines of maternity vestments--chasubles, etc. From Spiffy's specifications, it doesn't sound like that would help her all too much.

Now, if there were a pro wrestler whose moniker were "The Preacher" or something like that...

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

Why would anyone need a specifically maternity chasuble? Even a prospective mother of triplets would have a smaller bump than many male priests I have known.Didn't St Thomas Aquinas have a specially-made altar carved out in the middle like a dressing-table to allow for his generous proportions?

--------------------

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it was the Angelic Doctor's desk that had the cut-out, Angloid, but the principle's the same.
I was also taught that he could dictate one book to a secretary sitting at his left and another to a secretary sitting at his right at the same time. . Tomorrow is his feast day!

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Utrecht Catholic
Shipmate
# 14285

- Posted      Profile for Utrecht Catholic   Email Utrecht Catholic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just saw excellent pictures of the recent consecration of the bishops of Winchester and Bradwell in St.Paul's cathedral on January 25.
See the website of St.Paul's cathedral.
It struck me that the newly consecrated bishops were not vested in Chasuble or cope, they were not even wearing their mitres.
The Consecrator Archbishop Williams wore a beautiful chasuble and the bishops of London and Salisbury were in splendid golden copes.
In other parts of the Anglican Communion,Scotland,the USA the newly consecrated bishops receive chasuble,mitre and staff after the Laying on of hands.
But why not in the Church of England ?
Could someone advise me on this liturgical issue ?

--------------------
Robert Kennedy

Posts: 220 | From: Dordrecht | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
otyetsfoma
Shipmate
# 12898

- Posted      Profile for otyetsfoma   Email otyetsfoma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The rubric in the Order for Consecrating Bishops specifically mentions 1st the rochet then later the rest of the episcopal habit. Habit, not vestment.
Posts: 842 | From: Edgware UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Utrecht Catholic:
I just saw excellent pictures of the recent consecration of the bishops of Winchester and Bradwell in St.Paul's cathedral on January 25.
See the website of St.Paul's cathedral.

Just had a nose and was amused by
quote:
A Eucharist service, held on Wednesday 25th January, saw the Archbishop of Canterbury officially ordain the Reverend Canon Tim Dakin to the post of Bishop of Winchester
What a beautifully poetic way of putting it...

Thurible

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

Yes that's always puzzled me. At one time it would have been a concession to evangelicals (some of whom are reluctant to wear stoles at priestly/diaconal ordinations). But most if not all bishops and bishops-to-be are happy to wear liturgical vesture nowadays. Isn't it time to update the rules? It makes the consecration of a bishop look more like a degree ceremony or legal formality.

--------------------

PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More accurately, it is a retention of the post-reformation custom. At one time the three consecrators would have been in Rochet and Chimere too as most consecrations for the southern province occured at Lambeth Palace Chapel, not in a cathedral where copes would have been required.

My own consecration as a bishop in the USA saw the co-consecrators in Cope and Mitre, and the victim - me in rochet and chimere by the end of proceedings. Other places would use more Tat than that, but even outside the UK rochet and chimere is sometimes used for the one being consecrated.

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
sacerdos
Shipmate
# 8790

- Posted      Profile for sacerdos   Email sacerdos       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to have seen some photos recently of FiF clergy being ordained in cassock & surplice. Does anyone know why?
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sacerdos:
I seem to have seen some photos recently of FiF clergy being ordained in cassock & surplice. Does anyone know why?

Because it's that or a cass-alb, I imagine.

Zach

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016