homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LC - I like your style. Could I borrow the crows when you've finished with them, please? I know someone who would greatly benefit from a crap shower.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Orfeo, is that directed at the city, the airport, or the airline?

It was directed at a wide variety of sources, but the city has been redeeming itself nicely. For starters, the guys here are HOT.

And often straight and married/partnered, but you understand I'm making a purely visual assessment. Danes have a beautiful and rare ability to get sexier with age.

Also, Holmboe CDs are plentiful.

[ 27. April 2015, 16:51: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Payroll monkeys. I don't need pension contributions deducted twice. Sort it by payday, OK?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You texted to say you'd be letting me know today how the interview for promotion went, whether I got it or not. I'm not expecting to get it, but i wish you'd just call me and tell me to fuck off, then I can forget all about it.
Bloody hell.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bullies.
The growing couple in the brownie unit I took away over the weekend ( whom I spent the weekend trying to teach kindness to, and keep out the way of the poor mites they kept picking on)

The ones who are making my working life hell.

The ones who drove a beautiful woman to death this week, because she dared to be herself.

Fuck you all.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Idiot lights on car dashboards instead of gauges. They are supposed to come on when there is a problem, but they don't give any indication that a problem may be developing. Moreover, sometimes the problem that they signal is that they themselves are malfunctioning.

If a gauge is broken, it's usually obvious; it doesn't move or it fluctuates wildly. A while back, I was traveling through Arkansas. As I drove away from my motel at 7 AM, the low-battery warning light came on. If my car had had a gauge, I would have noticed the battery was developing problems before I left Virginia.

I HATE IDIOT LIGHTS!

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The podiatrist who fitted me with orthotics and said my (slight) heel pain should go away in 3 weeks. It has ... to be replaced with pain in my knee that keeps me awake at night, not to mention the arch of my foot and my calf muscles.

But yes, my heel does feel better [Mad]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh yes, ICTH the expensive running shoes my son keeps wasting his hard earned money on. His latest running shoe has a very thick heel and he's experiencing the same knee problems.

When I was young, my heel pain went away when I started to wear high, spikey heels. Much cheaper, sexier and prettier than the ortho-shoes I had paid big bucks for. Higher heels will often make your knee ligaments work too hard and/or your arches hurt, though. Dr. Twilight's quack advice: Go to a cheap shoe store and get a medium heel wedge or running shoe.

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Insert minimalist shoe screed here.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my feet, which should have been a standard width, but instead are extra wide, which makes shoe buying a minor nightmare.
[Frown]
Some years ago, Tesco supermarkets, of all possible shops, ran a line of wide fitting shoes in my exact half size. Unheard of. Cheap and cheerful, and I bought a dozen pairs in different colours, etc, on the basis that they might not be there the following year. [Smile]

Right. They weren't. Now my dozen pairs are beginning to wear out. [Disappointed]

ALL THAT'S LEFT IS A VERY LITTLE CHOICE IN MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE SHOES [Mad]

WAAAAAAA....Hhhh [Waterworks]

[ 28. April 2015, 20:30: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The world has gone completely to shit.

Okay, it's been shit since humanity emerged from the armpit mud and began strutting around like a dopey rooster. But this last week or two it's being extra shitty.

TICTH the twin poisons of ignorance and abuse of power.

Fuck everyone.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH coursework deadlines (it's exam season in England) and the moronic tutors, who despite umpteen reminders and hours of support still lack any sense of urgency. This deadline is next week, your kid has five exams to do. Cancelling one of the dates means leaving that kid with nothing as there is already too much to do and your kid is only one of the scattered students with the same deadlines. So no, actually I can't reschedule.

These are entry levels which are completed internally, with no final exams in June.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I consign to Hell, the great, unwashed Canadian media which has already forgotten the real crisis of the Nepalese earthquake, with thousands dead, and hundreds of thousands, if not millions unhoused, unwatered, unfed, undoctored.

Why? The newest crisis- oooh, shiney! - in an American city. One person dead, but (gasp!) the destruction of consumerist, capitalist property! The horror!!

Guess they were running out of pictures of starving orphans. Or it's too far away, and who cares about a poor Asian nation anyway.

Fleabrain fucktards.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ICTH ....Predictive texting...and all the wart-ridden, flea-infested brain power that thought it up.
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ethne Alba:
ICTH ....Predictive texting...and all the wart-ridden, flea-infested brain power that thought it up.

I second this. I hate auto-cucumber too.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Meike
Shipmate
# 3006

- Posted      Profile for Meike   Email Meike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thirded. That and Excel turning my numbers into dates and other "intelligent" features. Arrggh! I DON'T WANT THAT HELP!

--------------------
“A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Posts: 250 | From: I like this place | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whilst I think that terrorism is wrong, at least becoming a terrorist oneself for a cause one believes in has a moral coherence to it. What kind of cowardly weasel tries to groom a vulnerable person into committing terrorist offences on their behalf? TITCH cowardly manipulation of vulnerable individuals in the cause of evil.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
You texted to say you'd be letting me know today how the interview for promotion went, whether I got it or not. I'm not expecting to get it, but i wish you'd just call me and tell me to fuck off, then I can forget all about it.
Bloody hell.

So, apparently I haven't heard because I got a good score in the interview and you're going to offer me something... but you haven't told me this - I heard it through a colleague saying to The Office that she thought it wasn't very fair on me that I hadn't heard anything when everyone else has, and her having been told that, which she came to find me to pass on to me.
I wish you'd just get in touch to tell me that you're offering me something, but you don't know what yet. That would be nice. [Confused]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bus strikes.
Public transport strikes in general.
The state of public transport which means if one mode of transport fails, I can't get to work and back.
My inability to pass a driving test.
[Mad]

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
People who don't know what hours I work and instead of checking make assumptions and then call me and scream at me for not being available when they expect me to be. Last time I agree to be available to do a favor that requires speaking to you!

P.S. That bit about "you could have told me if you were leaving so early" was a bit rich since I keep am in the office later than anyone else on my team.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
TICTH my feet, which should have been a standard width, but instead are extra wide, which makes shoe buying a minor nightmare.
[Frown]
Some years ago, Tesco supermarkets, of all possible shops, ran a line of wide fitting shoes in my exact half size. Unheard of. Cheap and cheerful, and I bought a dozen pairs in different colours, etc, on the basis that they might not be there the following year. [Smile]

Right. They weren't. Now my dozen pairs are beginning to wear out. [Disappointed]

ALL THAT'S LEFT IS A VERY LITTLE CHOICE IN MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE SHOES [Mad]

WAAAAAAA....Hhhh [Waterworks]

I don't know whether you take men's sizes or women's sizes, but extra wide fit shoes (EE or E width) can be found quite easily online via Jacamo for men or Simply Be for women. Can't guarantee half sizes (I know that pain!) but Clarks or Hotter are good for that, if more expensive.

I have narrow feet - be assured that it's much easier to find wide shoes than it is to find narrow shoes!

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My temporary crown, which has fallen out for the second time in a fortnight. The permanent one is not due in for another ten days. So I will have to make another lugubrious trip in to the dentist.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Why doesn't Tesla offer contrasting stitching for their premium interiors, like every other premium automaker? Damn their narrow-minded negligence!

Don't get me started on their lack of a proper Guards Yellow for the seatbelts.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't believe I've cursed weeds this page. Let me rectify that.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

quote:
Originally posted by Pomona:

I have narrow feet - be assured that it's much easier to find wide shoes than it is to find narrow shoes!

Pomona, your pain is not my pain. It particularly bugs me that women's shoes are usually not found in my particular half size. This is why the Tesco
selection verged on the miraculous.

[ 05. May 2015, 07:46: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Black camera cases. I DO NOT WANT A BLACK CASE. I want a nice colourful one - why can't the manufacturers realise that? And why are all the cases I've fancied on ebay or Amazon just the wrong size?

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Black is a bummer. Black anything in a black lined bag is hard to find and easy to overlook. That's why my kindle cover is red.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH charity fundraising telephone callers who follow a completely generic script.

You threw my name into the sentences multiple times in a thoroughly artificial and unnatural manner. That was a major reason for saying no. If you're going to do this, at least make it convincing.

And when I said no, you didn't have the grace to stop, because your script told you not to take no for an answer. Rather than spend time interrupting you, hanging up seemed the easiest option for everyone. You'll thank me later.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Rupert Murdoch for being a self-interested puppetmaster, intent on throwing whatever smears (including dog-whistle antisemitism) at anyone who dares stand up to him, doing what he can to keep his preferred lackeys in power.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
People whose right to be a special snowflake generates far more work for me than it saves them.

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
TICTH Rupert Murdoch for being a self-interested puppetmaster, intent on throwing whatever smears (including dog-whistle antisemitism) at anyone who dares stand up to him, doing what he can to keep his preferred lackeys in power.

That's not dog-whistle. Non-dogs cannot hear dog-whistles. Everyone can read this. Even Nick Ferrari, whose politics are neither mine nor Ed's, expressed himself considerately on this one in his interview of Miliband.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
npower, and their use of the phrase "rest assured", which I have now gathered is some sort of management template speak as companies dealt with in the Guardian consumer column also use it. My complaint would be kept open for 10 days after their March 5th reply, but all the things which needed dealing with would take 30 days plus 10, or 90 days from the end of January plus 10, and they have not expired yet, so how can they be assured I am satisfied? (Clue - I'm not. False meter readings, false meter number - they had it changed, total genitalia-up).
I am not assured, and come next week, when the period of dealing with it has elapsed, I won't be resting, either.

bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must have led a sheltered life because I don't know what TICTH stands for.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by bib:
I must have led a sheltered life because I don't know what TICTH stands for.

Today, I Condemn To Hell - took me a fair while to work it out.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Read the first letter of the following:

Today, I consign to Hell.

Is that clearer?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fredegund
Shipmate
# 17952

- Posted      Profile for Fredegund   Email Fredegund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As crystal.
Or the d*** rain here. I'm tired of being damp.
TICTH the English weather.

--------------------
Pax et bonum

Posts: 117 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH headlice. Here we go with another round of trying to eliminates the little b.....s. [Mad]

[ 06. May 2015, 15:21: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Scratches

--------------------

Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
npower, and their use of the phrase "rest assured", which I have now gathered is some sort of management template speak as companies dealt with in the Guardian consumer column also use it. My complaint would be kept open for 10 days after their March 5th reply, but all the things which needed dealing with would take 30 days plus 10, or 90 days from the end of January plus 10, and they have not expired yet, so how can they be assured I am satisfied? (Clue - I'm not. False meter readings, false meter number - they had it changed, total genitalia-up).
I am not assured, and come next week, when the period of dealing with it has elapsed, I won't be resting, either.

The only way I managed to sort out my npower accounts was by changing suppliers. The new supplier sorted it out for me. In the end I had to take a photo of the meter and send it to npower and they STILL used the wrong readings. To my disadvantage of course.

I loathe them with a passion. At one point I threatened to report them to the Advertising Standards Authority and the radio channel because their radio adverts were so misleading. I may not have been the only one as those ads seem to have stopped.

I am still waiting for them to sort out the accounts for the overlap period with the previous owner's supplier but having persuaded the previous owner's supplier that they should sort it out with npower and not take me to court or cut off my supply and remove my meter I am happy to forget all about it until the next stupid letter.

Sorry hosts, I know I shouldn't be commenting but mention of npower is a 'trigger' for me and I lose all self control [Mad]

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

npower again, for causing my heart to leap up with joy as I opened the "Amended Statement" this morning, only to find that they have merely amended the changeover statement from November, and not the January meter changeover, or the subsequent estimated statement. Aargh!

(Though to be fair, one error was a misprint by me. All the rest was them.)

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
MS. And falling and hitting my head. And the way our health board is arranged so that after been and seen at our local hospital where I was Xrayed and put in a collar, we had to travel another 20 miles to the big hospital to see a doctor who told me I needed to be Xrayed. Read. THE. REPORT. [Mad]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK ... compared to some issues I read here it's nothing ... just five retired colleagues with track records of negative to zero growth meeting to tell me how to do my job.

So I feel better. Because what some of you experience makes this a doddle.

Fuck 'em anyway.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Voc Rehab.

So both I and my hearing aids are getting on in years. My warranty, renewed five years running, is due to expire, and without a warranty I can't afford the cleanings and maintenance and basically need new aids, which on my salary means moving into a cardboard box.

So I went back to Voc Rehab to apply for them to buy me replacement aids so I can keep working.

Hell's bells on a raft in midocean, I am now going through all the exact same idiotic fucking vocational testing I went through five years ago. Nothing has changed except my hearing's a little worse, my case load's a lot bigger, and my aids are wearing out.

This #$%$#! testing took nine #$%#^!@! months the last time I went through it. My warranty expires in three. The aids need to go in for maintenance about every three months, and they often quit working if I skip a visit, and , ahem , I CANNOT DO MY @%@#$!!! JOB IF I CANNOT HEAR EITHER MY STAFF OR MY CLIENTS.

Yeah, yeah. I'm middle-aged bordering on senior status. Of course I could have undergone some SWEEPING change in my functionality since five years ago, only I didn't, or otherwise the PTB would have fired my ass, and guess what? I AM STILL WORKING.

And I wouldn't mind, but after nine months of the most excruciatingly boring inappropriate irrelevant and utterly bone-headed testing, what were the results?

THAT I SHOULD BE EMPLOYED AT THE JOB I AM ALREADY DOING.

And you jerks are going to put me through this again because . . . why, exactly?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

What a luxury, to be kept in the job and be able to complain about it.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a luxury, that, despite the tangents we've ignored, despite the EXPLICIT STATEMENTS OF THE HELLHOSTS that commentary would not be appreciated, this thread is still open.

No mercy this time.

THREAD CLOSED.

—Ariston, Hellhost

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016