homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Mama Meet-- July 3rd, San Francisco

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Mama Meet-- July 3rd, San Francisco
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, that's right, for one day only-- Friday, July 3rd-- the one and only Mamacita will be visiting San Francisco, for the primary purpose of-- drumroll please-- walking the Golden Gate Bridge!

Just to make things quick, I propose we meet earlyish-- say, 10 AM-- at the Presidio Transit Center, where we can take a shuttle to the south end of the bridge.

Transit Center info. See map in upper right for directions (unfortunately I think that cafe will be closed-- it is only opened during the Presidio work week.)

Open to suggestions for lunch/ early dinner afterwards, pending Mama's preferences.

[ 25. June 2015, 02:54: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge is one of my bucket-list items. I don't know why the idea appeals to me -- seeing as how I have agoraphobia and hate bridges -- but it's such a beautiful thing, and I'm completely in confront-your-fears mode.

So I'm thinking, it would be fun to do the bridge walk and then take the ferry back from Marin or Sausalito or whatever it is (still figuring that out...). Anybody game for this little adventure??

I'm taking Amtrak back to Chicago the next day, so it's a quick turnaround, but I'm there all day and evening on Friday. Dinner is open too!

[ 25. June 2015, 03:19: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have a great time on the day. Both in doing the walk and at any meet associated with the day.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Normally, I'm happy to be back in Detroit.
I'll have to settle for being with you all in spirit!

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my, I'd so love to be there with you.
Personally I think you ought to take a penguin with you, just so I can be there in spirit [Big Grin]
In return I will raise a glass to you on the 4th at Benedictus's Independence Day party.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did this a few years ago. It really is stunning. Enjoy!! (and prayers for feeling safe while you walk.)

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds like a great addition to a to-do list
Maybe one day.......

Have fun!

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, I won't be able to make it. That's a work day, and I'm already taking one day off that week.

Have a great walk.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good on you, Mamacita - have a wonderful day! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, I had been thinking that I would attend Grace Cathedral's usual Thursday choral evensong. And it turns out that on the 27th they are having a special Evensong to celebrate marriage equality. So I will make every effort to get there, God willing and no transportation issues arising. Anybody want to meet there?

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If the bridge walk is still happening, I'd love to join!

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

BIG thanks to Kelly Alves, Amazing Grace, and infinite monkey for your companionship on this adventure. It's always lovely to meet shipmates in person. And the restaurant choices were fabulous!

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds great, Mamacita.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016