homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Pennine Shipmeet? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pennine Shipmeet?
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Linda l think l will be at that stall rather than th h e he as d of steam. [Smile]
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pimms stall l mean.
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry not to reply earlier - I was in the audience for Any Questions? tonight. The walk looks brilliant. I just hope I am not delayed on the way up.

See you all tomorrow.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I look forward to seeing you all at the restaurant at 7pm. I'll arrive a little before and wait outside.
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have CuriousKitten's new water bottles (they were delivered to me) so she has requested a quick detour to wash and fill one no the walk.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

So far we have met up with Jengie Jon and Arachnidin Elmet and walked to Marsden, got the train back in time for the pub meet with balaam and LRP. Boogie and Twiglet have arrived.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An excellent and enjoyable Ship meet - good to see you all and great food too.

Twiglet was a good girl and coped with the noise night life of Huddersfield on the walk back to the car nice and calmly. [Smile]

Did you all avoid the downpour? (we did *smug*) :

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Lovely meet good company with great food it was lovely to meet up with you all.
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got home without any more rain though there had been some contrary to the weather forecast in Sheffield. Thanks for a good day out.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are a couple of pictures on the Ship open Facebook page.
Edited: Code.

[ 23. August 2015, 23:31: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks as if you had a great time! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

It was fun, and I'm slowly unscrambling my 30 year plus old memories of walking the Pennine Way and gradually putting sections back in the right order. But I get easily confused by other people. I muttered about the paving slabs because it really wasn't like that when I walked it last.

We followed the Huddersfield Narrow Canal to the Stanedge tunnel and then climbed up on to the Pack Horse way to the A640, coming back south on the Pennine Way along Millstone Edge* and then back across Marsden Moor. Pretty much this walk although we headed over the Pack Horse Bridge and up a steep path to the path rather than the tracks to March Haigh Reservoir. We came back slightly further south past the reservoir at the bottom, which would have been pretty if it hadn't been raining so hard by then. That bit was off the bottom of the map so we were guessing how the paths fitted together to get us back where we were going and followed ways heading roughly in the right direction. When we went map shopping on the way out I wasn't buying another OL1 when I had one at home from walking down in the Peak District.

* Having left the map behind, I was pretty sure that's where it was until I googled and found lots of wrongly labelled pictures.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can I say a slightly belated thank you to everybody for an excellent day. No nerves were necessary for my first shipmeet. I went home pleasantly knackered and full of good food. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016