homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Well, that was interesting wasn’t it? (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Well, that was interesting wasn’t it?
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry I haven’t been around for a bit, but I’ve been busy both with work and of course with helping to return the Conservatives to Government.

But that’s over now so I thought I’d pop back to see what’s happening. Oooh, haven’t you lot been busy!

But enough of that, let’s get down to business… losers!

[Killing me]

Yep. The electorate has handed the left its collective arse on a plate. UKIP have been exposed as nothing. The Greens are a lone outpost of a bunch of Brighton hippies, as they were before.

The country has decided that it prefers us Conservative rather than anything espoused by the majority on here. So I thought I’d come to have a little gloat.

Are most of you feeling sad and rejected?

Good.

The Scottish have – in their own “speshul” way – decided they have a better understanding of economics than everyone else and gone for the SNP. But they can be safely ignored now. We can bring in some policies that shaft the Scotch, whilst ensuring England can rightly call the shots.

First thing though is for us to implement the Boundary Commission changes that the LibDems vetoed in the last Parliament in a fit of pique after the electorate decided they wanted to keep the current voting system.

That should improve matters if the Prime Minister decides to call an early general election due to the small majority.

Now we can start running the country properly, completely ignoring the left’s whinging and moaning. I look forward to reading your posts on here wailing about us and generally failing to realise that the electorate doesn’t want anything further left than Blair-ism and that most of you on here are out of touch with reality. Basically the electorate has told most of you on here that you can take your politics and fuck right off.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
Sorry I haven’t been around for a bit,

Don't be. And fuck off.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Tories are going to miss Clegg and Danny Alexander. Who will they wheel out when there's some bad news to be imparted?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Proverbs 16 verse 18:

'Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.' (Authorised Version, suitable for c(C)onservatives.....)

Five years is a long time, even in politics, and especially with a 'majority' the thickness of a fag paper.

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:

Don't be. And fuck off.
[Overused]

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Don't be. And fuck off.
And here was me thinking you've missed me.

Bless.

Any bad news we'll blame the last Labour government and blackmail by the LibDooms in coalition.

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuckin' Conservatives. When the revolution comes...
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn. I KNEW there was something I forgot to do on my visit to England. Firebomb deano's house.

That's what I get for writing abbreviated notes to myself instead of spelling things out in full

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here I was last night, watching the elections in someone else's country finish, thinking "well fuck, guess this means turdwaffle's going to be popping back up from the septic tank again."

It's times like these that I hate being right.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... We can bring in some policies that shaft the Scotch ...

[pedant alert]
No you can't.

Scotch, n is a distilled beverage best enjoyed in civilised company.

scotch, vt means to prevent something from being believed or being done.

If you want a word meaning the Scottish people, the term you're looking for is Scots.
[/pedant alert OFF]

Glad to be of help.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, Cuntychops knows that. He'll probably come out with Welch next just to annoy.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sorry I haven’t been around for a bit, but I’ve been busy both with work and of course with helping to return the Conservatives to Government.

If your contributions on here are anything to go by, I'm sure Cameron's delighted to have the benefit of your support.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, conservatives love dumbshits on the rolls. Just look at my country. Hell, in my country they love having them run for office.

[ 08. May 2015, 15:12: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

You have all had a huge dissapointment in being rejected by the electorate, so I forgive you.

I am still going to gloat though.

Because you have been rejected. Losers.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You are an idiot.

For one thing, I don't even have the vote in your country.

And for another, gloating is hardly a good reflection on your avowed party of choice.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Alyosha
Shipmate
# 18395

- Posted      Profile for Alyosha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How magnanimous Deano. Tea and scones?
Posts: 162 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh shit, the WUM-meister is back.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

Y'see, old Fourth Form Deano here never grew up. It's just a game to him; a bit like St Peters coming in front of Paulo Pontine in the House Rugby tournament. Hence his puerile "ha ha losers!" routine.

He thinks we're humiliated and rejected. He's wrong. We're worried. Worried for ourselves, perhaps - not in my case, I'll be all right, but that's not my sole guiding principle. Worried for our friends. For vulnerable people we know. For the people who'll starve to death on sanctions for missing an appointment they didn't get informed about, for the disabled people having their lifeline benefits cut, for all the other people who'll be right royally shagged by deano's heroes in the Tory party.

It's not a game. And this isn't humiliation, it's sadness. Deep sadness. I'm told disability charities are already publishing the Samaritans' number on their websites? They know, and their client groups know, what's coming.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Without the LibDems holding them back from some of their nasttier policies, we'll now see how wicked the Tories really are.
Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But surely, the disabled are losers, aren't they?

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You have all had a huge dissapointment in being rejected by the electorate, so I forgive you.

I am still going to gloat though.

Because you have been rejected. Losers.

This ranks really highly on the list of stupidest things you've written. And the bar is set high. You're going to sober up in a couple of days, possibly after making a pass at a minor Conservative official who mouths "who the hell is this guy?" To her assistant (who will shrug shoulders in response), and when you do come to your senses you will realise that equating Shipmates from all over the globe with candidates in a UK election makes no sense whatsoever.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Alyosha
Shipmate
# 18395

- Posted      Profile for Alyosha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Y'see, old Fourth Form Deano here never grew up. It's just a game to him; a bit like St Peters coming in front of Paulo Pontine in the House Rugby tournament. Hence his puerile "ha ha losers!" routine.

He thinks we're humiliated and rejected. He's wrong. We're worried. Worried for ourselves, perhaps - not in my case, I'll be all right, but that's not my sole guiding principle. Worried for our friends. For vulnerable people we know. For the people who'll starve to death on sanctions for missing an appointment they didn't get informed about, for the disabled people having their lifeline benefits cut, for all the other people who'll be right royally shagged by deano's heroes in the Tory party.

It's not a game. And this isn't humiliation, it's sadness. Deep sadness. I'm told disability charities are already publishing the Samaritans' number on their websites? They know, and their client groups know, what's coming.

He's afraid. It's the fear speaking and so he's acting as a kind of scapegoat to allow us to vent our frustrations. The only thing which will heal him is tea and scones (and none of those popular Tory pallid scones which we have been subjected too). We must give him proper scones or we are just as bad as our enemies. Evil must be defeated by scones.
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everyone here feeding the troll shouldn't be surprised that he keeps coming back for seconds.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alyosha
Shipmate
# 18395

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Everyone here feeding the troll shouldn't be surprised that he keeps coming back for seconds.

Only feeding tea and scones in order to bring us all to our right minds... (such as they were).
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's been only hours since victory was declared and already the DWP are looking to make life harder for disabled people. Not only that, but the snooper's charter might be back.

The Telegraph are also mooting about scrapping the NHS as we know it.

We warned of what the Tories might do, but sadly those warnings weren't heeded. We have 5 years to document every failing, every morally objectionable action that this government takes. These are the things should be written on a stone tablet (incidentally, I think Ed's stone was actually just so Dave couldn't stick it in his pocket and wave it about every now and then), then tied to Cameron, IDS, Osborne and May before being hurled off Westminster bridge in 2010.

I know, Deano, that you thrive on insults being hurled your way by your trolling. I shan't give you that satisfaction. Peace be with you.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Satan's skunk has diarrhoea again?!
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

I'm off out now for a bit of a knees-up.

Looking forward to getting to the golf club tomorrow!

--------------------

Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hope you die on a hospital trolley in agony after an 18 month wait for treatment you fucking Tory cunt...
Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yam-pk:
Hope you die on a hospital trolley in agony after an 18 month wait for treatment you fucking Tory cunt...

That's it, Yam-pk: nothing like a bit of hate-speech to demonstrate just how vile your opponent is, eh?

And I also think deano's a twazzock.

[ 08. May 2015, 19:48: Message edited by: Chesterbelloc ]

--------------------
"[A] moral, intellectual, and social step below Mudfrog."

Posts: 4199 | From: Athens Borealis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

So it was just coincidence that you disappeared at the same time you had your very own Hell call? And there was I thinking you had decided to run away and hide rather than face up to it only to return when you thought we'd forgotten about it. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Figbash

The Doubtful Guest
# 9048

- Posted      Profile for Figbash   Author's homepage   Email Figbash   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had written a very angry response to this, which was great fun, but then I realised that those of you responding to Deano's (quite valid) points with ad hominem attacks followed by lots of self-congratulation, are just not worth the energy I was wasting on you.

In brief: do try to do something for me: just try considering, if only for a moment, the possibility that actually the pitiful, out-of-contact, evil-minded bastards are not Tories and their supporters; they are you. Even if it isn't true, it' a bit arrogant to not at least consider the possibility, isn't it?

Posts: 1209 | From: Gashlycrumb | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

What's even stupider is to consider that any group, Tory or otherwise, has none within its ranks.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Without the LibDems holding them back from some of their nasttier policies, we'll now see how wicked the Tories really are.

I can't help thinking that this will be the proof of the pudding. In a few years time it might be apparent that without Clegg, Cable, Alexander and co, things would have been a damn sight worse.

A few Freedom of Information enquiries might be in order.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

quote:

Oh and here was me thinking the left preferred debate and pacifism to aggression and violence. Or indeed revolution and guns. Or riots and chairs through McDonalds windows.

I thought us Conservatives were the hate-filled lovers of death.

Seems not.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

Oooh, here's a though... we could re-legalise fox hunting! That would be cool.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
quote:

Oh and here was me thinking the left preferred debate and pacifism to aggression and violence. Or indeed revolution and guns. Or riots and chairs through McDonalds windows.

I thought us Conservatives were the hate-filled lovers of death.

Seems not.

Folks, if you wanted proof that all he wants is an angry reaction, this is it. He came to Hell, of all boards, and is now commenting on the Hellish reactions.

I'm actually considering closing the thread, on the grounds that the original post wasn't actually in the spirit of Hell. It wasn't a rant, it was a goad. I shall consult with my colleagues on the question.

orfeo
Hellhost

[ 09. May 2015, 01:16: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is Facebook troll at the church I attend. He completely fails to realise or take responsibility for the fact that the people he slags of on Facebook are the same ones he calls friends in real life.

Despite being challenged on this and the hurt he causes on numerous occasions by numerous people, he continues.

I don't like him very much. And I have pretty much given up on him. Occasionally he shows a glimmer of hope, but not often.

When I first joined the ship, I was often sarcastic and joined in with the hell culture at that time. It took time for me to realise that there are real honest to God people out there. And modify my posting.

Deano, remember you are talking to real people.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deano, apart from anything else to which objection might be taken, your post of 10.08 contains 2 glaringly bad grammatical errors. Please try harder to write in correct English.

[ 09. May 2015, 03:35: Message edited by: Gee D ]

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You lot realise you are, again, saving deano a fortune on Viagra? The balance is he's likely spending it replacing his y-fronts with the holes his tiny prick is wearing in them.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think one of the facets of "One Nation" Conservatism may be in play here.

"We need to have you losers around so we can continue to enjoy pissing all over you and laugh with our friends about your feeble protests."

Plus this one of course.

"Such fun, pissing all over Clegg and co, after they'd been soooooo helpful. I tell you, there's one born every minute. Let's see if we can do a bit of condescending thankfulness and keep a straight face for long enough to preserve some semblance of credibility."

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To return to the |OP:
Fuck off, deano. You and your selfish bastard mates will be OK but there are a lot of people whose lives are fucked up know whose live will get even more fucked up over the next five years.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just use a different skewer, Albertus.

The provocative prefer direct insults of course; it shows them they've achieved their annoying purposes. Which is more or less what RuthW was saying.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

Of course, had the result been the opposite of what it was, none of you would have gloated or goaded me would you?

No. No siree. Not at all. It would have been empathetic, fair, unbiased and non-judgemental, because you all are, right?

I was only half right when I said 'losers'. I should have added the word 'bad' before it to be fully correct.

From some of the comments on here about peoples reactions to my parties stunning victory I'm put in mind of a Viz character called Suicidal Syd, who was always trying to "pop his cork" over the most trivial things.

Grammar Nazi's as well! Blimey, that really is the ultimate sign of frustration and impotence.

I'm just glad my taxes are unlikely to go up. That thought was probably responsible for the very cheerful mood at the golf club this morning.

[ 09. May 2015, 12:27: Message edited by: deano ]

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Of course, had the result been the opposite of what it was, none of you would have gloated or goaded me would you?

A lot of us who've been on the Ship a damn sight longer than you saw two Labour victories in General Elections and no, we didn't gloat or goad anyone.

[ 09. May 2015, 12:34: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:

No. No siree. Not at all. It would have been empathetic, fair, unbiased and non-judgemental, because you all are, right?

Why assume that anyone would have said anything to you at all? I think it highly likely that no-one here would have given you enough thought to gloat at you, and would you have even been here?

You didn't pick up this particular angle of my first response on this thread, but part of the point of it was to communicate that you don't actually matter nearly as much as you seem to think you do.

There are Shipmates who go missing and whose absence I would notice. You are assuredly not one of them. Your contributions to the Ship are of little value, and are primarily directed at getting a rise out of people - people whom you constantly caricature as some monolith bloc of socialists. We actually manage to have forms of political debate on the Ship without your presence, you know. Our beliefs are not uniform. We've even managed to have some Conservative voters present who, unlike you, have not come across as drunken arseholes.

You have in the past started a number of threads that have been deemed worthy of closure. The future of this one is still under consideration, but you should be aware that its nature as a goad has not gone unnoticed. Have a care, deano.

[ 09. May 2015, 12:45: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Since none of us are bottom feeding slime like you, don't expect us to behave in the puerile and juvenile way you do.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:

You walked straight into that one, didn't you, you berk.

--------------------

The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

First thing though is for us to implement the Boundary Commission changes that the LibDems vetoed in the last Parliament in a fit of pique after the electorate decided they wanted to keep the current voting system.

That should improve matters if the Prime Minister decides to call an early general election due to the small majority.

So, you expect 2/3 of the house to vote for an early election, as required under the Fixed Term Parliament Act?

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Deano. Why did you forsake us during these last weeks? Where were you when you were most needed? Why did you leave so many shipmates in the dark on the saving ways of Conservatism? You might have convinced many of them to vote otherwise, and now they are smarting from the pain of choosing wrongly and standing on the wrong side of history. How unbearable it must be for you to come back and haunt their consciences with how things might have been and how they might now have been able to feel and present themselves had they followed your example.

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back Deano.

You haven't got it quite right - the SNP is far to the left of the Labour party; but the SNP gains from Labour were predictable, although I'm slightly surprised they did so well against the LibDems as well.

The LibDem losses in the rest of the country could also have been predicted if people had actually bothered to find out who voted for them in 2010: but I guess they didn't so hence the surprise at only the 8 seats.

The few Labour gains were fairly predictable, but their losses should cause some soul-searching because unless they learn the lesson of why they lost in places like Bolton West and Gower they're likely to make the same mistakes and suffer the same fate in 2010.

So, after DC goes we can expect at least five years of Boris [Yipee]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016