homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Really bad aim... (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Really bad aim...
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Exactly. Thank you, again.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:

Do we have to remind each other about all the Jews who continued living under the Third Reich until the Third Reich took that decision, and their lives, away from them?

Wow.

Who is the equivalent of the Third Reich in Detroit?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The shooters. Ain't they always?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's forty and some years ago since I last lay awake to the crackle of gunfire. And while you didn't have the drive by shootings so much, there was the lively possibility of being blown up. But there were not mass migrations: you got adept - or hoped to - at not being in the wrong place at the wrong time: joked about it (What's the fastest game on earth? Pass the parcel in an Irish pub) and always looked through the curtain before answering the door.

Most of my acquaintance stayed - prospered even. A few were maimed or murdered. But, as has been observed above, it is remarkable how life goes on - just with a difference internally.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Yeah. And there is also the reality that, no matter how active the " shooters" might be, the majority of ordinary citizens outnumber them, and they ( at least in Detroit and San Francisco) are not in any kind of position to actually make laws that permit them to carry on their activities with the support and encouragement of the government.

I guess I have a problem with the Third Reich comparison for two reasons- one, it really doesn't addres the reality of how difficult it was for the average Jewish person to emigrate at the time ( remember the refugee boats circling the waters and returning to Germany because no one would give them port?) and two, it tends to imply that the normal, law abiding residents of the city leading reasonably productive ( if difficult) lives are a cowering minority, when the reverse is true-- the shooters are the minority. What is to be served by the average person leaving the city to the thugs?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Or to the real estate opportunists, as Churchgeek said.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016