homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What if they hadn't? (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What if they hadn't?
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if I am both human AND dancer?

(Did anyone else see the BBC Young Dancer performance to this? Superb.)

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[We've seen every episode. One lad who will be in this week's Ballet final comes from the Tring Park School. They were gave a performance at our Dance House last week; my wife immediately recognised the lad when he appeared in the BBC trailer. She says he's good.]

What if I couldn't have danced past midnight?

[ 04. May 2015, 12:58: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if you knew her and found her in serious but stable condition on the ground?

(45 years ago today [Votive] )

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if it were: Where are the acrobats? Send in the acrobats!

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if instead of losing her timing she had lost her knickers?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and so late in her career too. Tsk tsk! [Big Grin]

What if just when she'd stopped opening doors, she finally knew the one she wanted was the bloke's down the street?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the guy down the chip shop really was Elvis?

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(What if )I said, "What about 'Breakfast at Tiffany's?
(And )she said, "I think I remember the film
And as I recall, I think, you kinda liked it
But as for me, I thought it sucked a whole lot."

( Do I get extra points for attention to scan?)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(What if )I said, "What about 'Breakfast at Tiffany's?
(And )she said, "I think I remember the film
And as I recall, I think, you kinda liked it
But as for me, I thought it sucked a whole lot."

( Do I get extra points for attention to scan?)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the hills are alive with the sound of killer bees?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the tide is high but I'm staying put right where I am?Will I be your number two?

(Ewww)

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Tony had just met a girl called Hepzibah?

[ 06. May 2015, 03:33: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if she were called Little Rhododendron, dear Little Rhododendron?

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if farmer farmer's other customers DON'T want spots on their apples?

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if my baby wrote me a letter saying she could live quite well without me?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

What if I asked the country roads to take me far, far away, anywhere but home?

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if the train were called the City of Poughkeepsie?

--------------------

St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
What if the train were called the City of Poughkeepsie?

[It would scan better.]

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

What if my love were like a thorny thistle?

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if God didn't save the Queen and her fascist regime?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if I want plenty of milk today because I'm going to celebrate my love going away by taking a bath in it?

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
What if God didn't save the Queen and her fascist regime?

What if I wanna be well-organized, hierarchical government?
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the widow next door had been married only once before?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

What if seventy six pairs of squeaky boots had led the hit parade?

--------------------

Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

Or if she had actually been quite partial to a Willy or a Sam

[ 08. May 2015, 19:17: Message edited by: Kitten ]

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Kitten:
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

Or if she had actually been quite partial to a Willy or a Sam
What if the second verse was completely unrecognizable from the first?

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if even though you stayed in all Monday morning the gasman didn't turn up?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
What if even though you stayed in all Monday morning the gasman didn't turn up?

Would you have been in the slightest bit surprised?

What if, instead of leaving on a jet plane,you had turned over and gone back to sleep?

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if it's a bridge over troubled cocoa?

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

quote:
What if, instead of leaving on a jet plane,you had turned over and gone back to sleep?

What if all those times I've let you down and played around were among the most meaningful experiences of my life?
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if, seated one day at the organ, weary and ill at ease, his fingers wandering idly over the noisy keys, he suddenly began playing "Shine Jesus Shine"?

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

What if I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's bathroom with you?

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if I put pink daisies all around my hat as I'm allergic to green willow?

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
What if, seated one day at the organ, weary and ill at ease, his fingers wandering idly over the noisy keys, he suddenly began playing "Shine Jesus Shine"?

What if, instead of that great Amen, the organ had released a prolonged and noisy fart?

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

quote:
What if, instead of that great Amen, the organ had released a prolonged and noisy fart?
[Killing me]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if the First Nowell was to certain wealthy bankers as they lay counting their profits?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

What if the money-changers in the Temple had put up physical resistance and given JC a bloody nose?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Sorry - I had completely forgotten that the OP prescribed pop songs as the source for our posts. I got onto the biblical tack via Miss A's First Nowell. Though of course, there may actually be a song involving the money changers in the Temple.

Try again.

What if the lovesick swain had asked Maud to go skinny dipping with him?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016