homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What if they hadn't? (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What if they hadn't?
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the reason they don't know it's Christmas time is because they celebrate Christmas in January?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
What if Jesus had been a chartered account when he walked upon the water?

What if someone didn't clean out his PM box?

Uh, that is to say, what if Leroy Brown wasn't any meaner than a box turtle?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
What if the reason they don't know it's Christmas time is because they celebrate Christmas in January?

What if the reason they don't know it's Christmas time is that they're from another planet?

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if by the time I get to Phoenix she's changed her Facebook status to "single" and has signed up with PlentyofFish.com?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you don't like my body, and you don't think I'm sexy, c'mon sugar, would you keep it to yourself?

--------------------

Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If I said you had an ugly body, would you still hold it against me?

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[We may have had this]

What if I'm not too sexy for my shirt, just too fat?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if I roll you in generic-brand sheets from Sears?

[ 20. April 2015, 19:16: Message edited by: Stetson ]

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the truth I learned at seventeen was that love was meant for people who got a red rose on a reality show?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(LR--that's almost more depressing than the original song! [Biased] )

What if the guy narrating "Wild Irish Rose" was willing to wait until the girl was ready, for *her* sake?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if I write the songs that make the whole world not want to sing?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if my bicycle is only built for one, and Daisy is quite happy on her own?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
What if I write the songs that make the whole world not want to sing?

We would call you Macca.

Now what if the chicken wasn't feeling particularly funky today?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if on listening to the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift, it turns out he or she did really care for music?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

What if he was a famous organ man from out Leipzig way, who had a fugal style that no one else could play?

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

What if I couldn't see Polythene Pam, who was so good looking that she would never be mistaken for a man?

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the rain in Spain stayed mainly in the mountains?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

What if of all these friends and lovers
there are any number who compare with you?

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

What if King David just wasn't into bondage games with kitchen furniture?

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wha is Joseph decided it wasn't the Holy Spirit but too much cheese and so refused to marry his pregnant fiancee?

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think you've forgotten that this thread is to do with song titles. (I don't blame you, I got caught out earlier).
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if mine eyes had been rubbernecking some skirts during the coming of the Lord?
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if: "With a song in my bowels, I behold your adorable face . . . ?"

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

What if I sat down, sat down for Jesus with the bingo players of Holy Cross?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Dominique,nique, nique was a peaceable guy who preferred to sit around and weave macrame and let the world rage on without him?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

What if I didn't watch out where the huskies go and...ewww, ate that yellow snow?! [Projectile]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if I'd fought the law and the law lost?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Tom Dooley lifted up his head and made a break for it and escaped the posse sent to hang him?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Je regrette tout?

(Translation, I regret everything)

[ 25. April 2015, 08:22: Message edited by: Kitten ]

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the pet-shop assistant had no idea of the price of that doggie in the window?
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

What if I wanted the tarantula in the window? The one with the waggly legs?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apropos of that, Kitten,

What if Je quitte toi?

(I leave you -- cf. Jacques Brel)

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I may have done this already, but what if Shift K3ys woman was into that, but was just too embarrassed to admit it?

(and yes, that is a very niche one).

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

What if the answer to "How many roads must a man walk down?" is located on microfiche from the 1965 archives in the local transportation office?

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if the wayward wind wasn't a restless wind but rather yearned to stay put?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

What if crimson and clover just once?

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the lunatics had all been rounded up before they got to Roger Waters' house?

--------------------
plug plug

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Lucy had been in the sky with pearls?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if no-one could see by dawn's early light?

What if the queen wasn't gracious?

What if our sons didn't stand on guard for thee?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

What if Richard Cory got religion, sold his factory, gave all his wealth to the poor, and was shot dead by the songwriter who now had no job?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

What if Delilah moved to Baltimore instead of New York City?

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

What if GRASS is the word, is the word, is the word? It's got groove, it's got feeling...

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

What if I see a red door and I want it painted seafoam green?

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if you are b***dy well wrong?

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And what if I want egg and bacon for breakfast in Ameerica, rather than kippers?
(Sorry for the double post, just thinking of a particular album)

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

What if they showed me a world where I couldn't get a job, so couldn't be dependable, clinical, intellectual or cynical, just poor.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

What if they're calling me a moderate, conservative, level-headed, law-abiding citizen?
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

What if you CAN put your hands in your head?

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

What if I was up after 2:00 PM, and I really have hated my stay but I'm gonna be sticking around for another month or so anyway?
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

What if she is merely a dancing princess

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016