homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » American Civl War is still being fought (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: American Civl War is still being fought
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I take back my earlier statement about the Civil War not being totally about slavery.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
I take back my earlier statement about the Civil War not being totally about slavery.

OK. So. I am massively confused here Tortuf.
I clicked your link and whilst simplistic, the views illustrated are nothing new to this discussion.
I looked up Prager U and its founder and became even more confused.*
As you appear to be straight-forward I really do not understand the posting of this link.

*Dennis Prager is a conservative, American radio host who is prone to Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh-esque crazy talk.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LB,

While he is probably simplistic, I think he has more truth than not in his presentation. As far as him being radical conservative, it doesn't matter to me what other views he holds and I am neither commenting on them, nor approving or disapproving them.

I found myself being persuaded I was wrong about something - gained from that and the other discussion here - and fessing up that I was wrong.

For me, it is a part of humility to not need to be right and not hiding the fact that I am wrong.

If you take something more from my post it was not intended.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
LB,

While he is probably simplistic, I think he has more truth than not in his presentation. As far as him being radical conservative, it doesn't matter to me what other views he holds and I am neither commenting on them, nor approving or disapproving them.

I've no idea where Colonel Ty Seidule, the presenter, stands politically. I am just suspicious of the website, not necessarily this man and his presentation.
quote:

I found myself being persuaded I was wrong about something - gained from that and the other discussion here - and fessing up that I was wrong.

For me, it is a part of humility to not need to be right and not hiding the fact that I am wrong.

And because of this, you are a better person than I.

quote:

If you take something more from my post it was not intended.

I was not sure what to make of the source of the linked video. Apologies for casting aspersions.
Right is right, even if the right say it. It is just hard to admit for me.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Apologies for casting aspersions.

I am a little too prosaic to have read aspersions into your post. You asked for an explanation. I like you enough to respond, so I did.

I'll try to be more exciting next week.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

A person willing to challenge their own perception is a rare creature. I shall cherish this encounter.

quote:

I'll try to be more exciting next week.

I shall hold you to this. [Biased]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016