homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » A Welcome Thread - 2015 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: A Welcome Thread - 2015
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On behalf of the All Saints' hosts and the rest of the Ship, we welcome you aboard! This is the place to make your presence known, so that we may offer our greetings and advice to all our new members.

We ask that you make yourself familiar with our version of the "10 Commandments", which are the basic guidelines that you agreed to follow when you registered. You may also want to check the FAQ's for more useful information.

Remember, each area of the Ship has its own rules and regulations, which you will find hyperlinked at the top of each board. They range from Heaven to Hell (literally!), and you'll want to familiarize yourself with them, especially here at the beginning of your "tour of duty".

Once again, welcome to the Ship. We wish you smooth sailing!

Campbellite, Firenze, Piglet and Welease Woderwick
All Saints Hosts

[ 01. September 2015, 01:31: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been a very long time since I've been here but a project my friend is working on reminded me of this place -- http://bigboringsystem.com -- and so I decided to pop in. Was surprised to realize I still recognize most of the posters and many of the moderators.

Cheers to you all and happy 2015.

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey, Jason! Good to see you!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And a Happy New Year to you too, Jason. [Smile]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another wandering returning here.

It's been too long, and I have often thought kindly of the Ship since my inept departure.

Life has continued to be interesting. I now have two small children, and am on extended parental leave to look after them.

The depression which precipitated my sudden vanishment in the middle of Hellhosting and game-running is still prowling around, but I think I'm on the upswing for now.

Good to see plenty of familiar faces!

t

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back, Toof. [Big Grin] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi Teufelchen, good to see you back.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back indeed! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a surprise to see you in the Circus, Teufelchen! Welcome back!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Saw you in Keryg, then came and found this. I re-echo the welcome backs! I have invoked your memory at least once since your departure!

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the welcome back, everyone. I'm surprised to be so well-remembered. It's good to be back.

t

--------------------
Little devil

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me too, just saw you in Keryg! So nice to see you again.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Teufy! Hell-o there, old fiend.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice to see Teufelchen & Jason back, but can someone remind me who Jason was? I remember him as a host, but can't remember under what name....
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jason was Professor Kirke

Welcome back Jason and Teufelchen - nice to see you both again

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You're both remembered and it's very good to have you here again.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Full Circle
Shipmate
# 15398

- Posted      Profile for Full Circle     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have recently started a spring clean and found a small piece of paper with my login details - lost long ago. I have never been a huge contributor but think I will start posting slowly again

--------------------
Beware the monocausal fallacy (Anon)

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Welcome back all of you.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Full Circle:
I have recently started a spring clean and found a small piece of paper with my login details - lost long ago. I have never been a huge contributor but think I will start posting slowly again

You're will inside the top 10% in terms of number of posts!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another wanderer back on board. A book isn't nearly as exciting a reason for having been away as Toof's two little ones! But a book is what I've been working on (in addition to my day job) for the last year, and all the stuff that goes with that. But I've missed the Ship. I'll try to be around a little more.

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely to have you back, Josephine.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks like a very cool book, and the website is awesome!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Welcome back, Josephine! A book is no mean feat. Well done.

t

--------------------
Little devil

Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, y'all. And congratulations, Lamb Chopped, on your literary endeavors!

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Josephine! you've been missed! And your book looks lovely.

And Lamb Chopped your book sounds great, too.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QuakerCub
Shipmate
# 4728

- Posted      Profile for QuakerCub   Email QuakerCub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haven't been here in awhile so thought I should reintroduce myself.

most of you know as Cubby (quakercub), Chastmastr's partner. I am so glad to be back [Axe murder]

--------------------
Be still and know that I am God

Posts: 141 | From: Clearwater, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Welcome back Ffriend - good to have you back.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Hey, Cubby! [Yipee]

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back, Cubby! Good to see you here.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello Cubby, and welcome back! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back everybody!

I don't see the thread for milestones here but I did get to one earlier this month: 30,000!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The thread you're looking for is here Sir Kevin.

--------------------

LetterOfTheLaw
Apprentice
# 18384

- Posted      Profile for LetterOfTheLaw   Email LetterOfTheLaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello and happy 'celebrating the resurrection with chocolate' holiday all. Thanks for having me aboard.
Posts: 3 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LetteroftheLaw - you may be new, but I see you know the Magic word - chocolate.

Welcome aboard, and hope you enjoy the voyage.

Firenze
All Saints Host

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and Hi! from me, too.

WW
Also an All Saints Host

--------------------

LetterOfTheLaw
Apprentice
# 18384

- Posted      Profile for LetterOfTheLaw   Email LetterOfTheLaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you. Nice to be here.
Posts: 3 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome aboard, Letterofthelaw, from yet another AS host.

[Smile]

--------------------

GreyFace
Shipmate
# 4682

- Posted      Profile for GreyFace   Email GreyFace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*peers round the door*

Has it really been two years this time?

Hi all.

Posts: 5748 | From: North East England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, not quite but pretty darned close.

Welcome back, GreyFace.

--------------------

GreyFace
Shipmate
# 4682

- Posted      Profile for GreyFace   Email GreyFace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks WW, good to see you.

The Ship feels a bit diminished right now - I hadn't kept up with the news. RIP Ken [Votive]

Posts: 5748 | From: North East England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome back, GreyFace! [Smile]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back GreyFace - ken kept it very quiet he was ill until almost too late for anyone to visit.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
VirginiaKneeling
Apprentice
# 18414

- Posted      Profile for VirginiaKneeling   Author's homepage   Email VirginiaKneeling   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello, I am sort of new here. I may have posted once or twice as Ms. Lutepisc but it's been so long that I didn't remember my password or what e-mail I was then using, so I created a new identity.
(And some people will get the difference between "devoutly kneeling" and "Virginia kneeling" [Biased] )

--------------------
Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me..

Posts: 11 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome (back) aboard, VK! [Smile]

If you have any questions, the FAQ and 10 Commandments links at the top of the page should tell you all you need to know.

Piglet,
AS host

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Hi VK, and welcome from me, too.

The Ship has an aversion to folks having two identities and I see that Ms. Lutepisc is still an active ID - can I suggest you contact one of the admins so that they can disable the old account?

Thanks and enjoy the cruise.

WW - AS Host

--------------------

Vidi Aquam
Apprentice
# 18433

- Posted      Profile for Vidi Aquam   Email Vidi Aquam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello Ship Of Fools! I found this site by googling "Anglican Latin Mass", and to my surprise, such a thing does indeed exist! After lurking for about a week, eventually I managed to register.

I'm not sure exactly how much of a biography I am expected or allowed to post here. Anyway, my background is mostly the Traditional Latin Mass, usually independent sedevacantist chapels. When that wasn't unavailable, too distant, or for other reasons, I would be at an Anglo Catholic Mass, mostly groups that were independent of the mainline Episopal Church.

I currently live in Los Angeles, but I have lived all over the United States, and even briefly in England.

I completely lost my faith in 2008, and have not the darkened the door of a church since.

Recently I have been watching Henry VII tv shows such as Wolf Hall and The Tudors, so it's hard not to think about religion with all Catholic vs. Evangelist drama going on constantly.

I figured this was as good a time as any to think about going back to Mass, as long as there is nothing offensive like homophobic sermons or the like, I think it would be interesting.

Posts: 33 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Hi Vidi Aquam and welcome on behalf of the All Saints Hosting Team.

If you haven't already done so you might find it useful to have a look at the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and at the FAQs, both linked at the top of every page.

Most importantly join in and have fun.

Welease Woderwick
All Saints Host.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome aboard, Vidi Aquam, and happy sailing! [Smile]

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi all, been back on board after a long sojourn on land. Been merrily posting away and suddenly thought it would only be courteous to say hi here too.

it's good to be back.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I remember that jam!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016