homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » A Welcome Thread - 2015 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: A Welcome Thread - 2015
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back Jammy Dodger - definitely a better class of biscuit!

[Do you remember the oval ones? Were they Peak Freans?]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Welcome back Jammy Dodger - definitely a better class of biscuit!

[Do you remember the oval ones? Were they Peak Freans?]

Yes were they the ones that came in the selection box?

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think they did but we are talking half a century and more ago [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I think they did but we are talking half a century and more ago [Hot and Hormonal]

Yes I was a mere slip of a lad then. [Biased]

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome to new Shipmates who have signed on recently .

You will find threads for various parts of the world in All Saints.

Have a look around and join in. It is a good idea to read the Ten Commandments at the top of the page and is also a good idea to read various boards to get a feel for them before posting.

Lothlorien AS host

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks Lothlorien, your post motivated me to find the oval Jammy Dodger - it turned out to be Huntley & Palmer's Milk & Honey biscuit which seems not to be made these days - as soon as I saw the Milk & Honey reference I recalled my mother adding them to the grocery order every Friday morning - they were a great favourite in our house - which she dropped into the Grocer on Friday morning on her way to work and it was all delivered on Friday afternoon.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's a selection of biscuits available here made by Peek Frean's that has what I'd call jammy dodgers, but I must confess I prefer ordinary custard creams as the jam makes my teeth hurt.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Plum is a Legend
Apprentice
# 18497

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Plum is a Legend   Email Nanny Plum is a Legend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello - I'm new here *waves*. Looking forward to joining in with the discussions!
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Hi Nanny Plum is a Legend and welcome on behalf of the All Saints Hosting Team - feel free to join in and have fun. If you haven't done so already it's worth spending a moment or two looking through the Ship's version of the Ten Commandments and also the FAQs, both linked at the top of every page.

All the best on your cruise with us.

WW - AS Host.

--------------------

Nanny Plum is a Legend
Apprentice
# 18497

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Plum is a Legend   Email Nanny Plum is a Legend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the welcome, WW!
The Seminarian
Apprentice
# 18502

- Posted      Profile for The Seminarian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello! I hope this the right place (I almost started a thread in heaven but then thought to look for other people introducing themselves).
I am new here but have read this forum for a long time. I hope to learn some new things and make some valuable contributions. [Angel]

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looking forward to that, Seminarian. Welcome!

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Seminarian

I'd like to echo LeRoc's sentiments and welcome you to the Boards.

As you've been lurking (in the nicest possible sense!) for a time, you'll be aware of how we operate. If you haven't already done so, please check on our Ten Commandments and the preamble with each Board's menu.

Have fun

Yours aye ... TonyK
Guest Host, All Saints

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome to all new Shipmates. Smooth sailing to all.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

HarryLime
Apprentice
# 18525

- Posted      Profile for HarryLime   Email HarryLime   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello Everyone,

I'm afraid I'm one of those tiresome sorts who loses interest in Christianity as a teenager and then returns to it in middle age. I'm just making a start on the return, really, and would like a good chinwag about it before I actually turn up at a place of worship and grapple with a half-remembered liturgy.

I'm not entirely sure I'm right for this forum, to be honest. I've had a good look around and it's a great place for discussion, which I hope to contribute to. But it seems everyone here is already a firm believer, rather than a potential believer. I mainly want to talk about why you believe, what exactly you believe, how you came to believe, and that kind of thing, and I'm worried that's not going to be your chalice of sherry.

I hope I won't be as out-of-place as a drunk at midnight mass. If there's a particular corner of the forum for people like me, I'd be grateful if you'd point me to it.

Thanks!
Harry

Posts: 18 | From: Bristol | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome HarryLime! You are not out of place at all. The Ship is filled with all types and not all are firm believers. There are many who are, of course, but there are equally staunch atheists. And then there is a lot in the middle. Check out the "Mourning the loss of faith" thread further down the page here in All Saints to get some sense of the variety of Shipmates.

So you are certainly not out of place. Welcome aboard and I hope you stay for a nice long voyage!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
HarryLime
Apprentice
# 18525

- Posted      Profile for HarryLime   Email HarryLime   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the welcome, Hedgehog. I'll check that thread out.

Harry

Posts: 18 | From: Bristol | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi Harry, good to see you. As Hedgehog said, you are definitely not in the wrong place. Although the site is predominantly Christian, we have people of other faiths and of no faith at all. We have people confident in their faith and those who are struggling. All views are welcome (but don't be afraid to be challenged!). I look forward to seeing you arund the boards.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I suppose it is appropriate in some parts of the space/time continuum, that I am the third person to welcome you - and I do so on behalf of the All Saints Hosting Team.

You are indeed most welcome and be assured that you are most certainly not alone.

If you have not yet done so I seriously recommend a read of the both the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and the FAQs, both linked at the top of every page.

Enjoy your cruise on our little liner, it might leak a bit but we seem to get there in the end.

WW, AS Host

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by HarryLime:
... as out-of-place as a drunk at midnight mass ...

You obviously haven't been to some of the Midnight Masses I've been to ... [Devil]

Welcome indeed, from another third of the AS hosting team; I hope you enjoy sailing with us, and find some discussion and debate to suit your tastes.

[Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Here is the third third of the hosting team. Welcome to all new sailors who have recently signed up.

--------------------

Bibaculus
Shipmate
# 18528

- Posted      Profile for Bibaculus   Email Bibaculus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think I was a member here a long, long time ago (certainly over ten years ago). No idea what my name or login details were, so here I am, Born Anew.

--------------------
A jumped up pantry boy who never knew his place

Posts: 257 | From: In bed. Mostly. When I can get away with it. | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Welcome back and smooth sailing.

We like to keep one membership per person. If you click on link at top of the page called Ship Stuff , you will see a contact link. From the link to Ship's Crew, select member admins. Choose an admin and send them an email. They will dig out your former details and let you know. Just another service from our friendly admins.

Enjoy the trip, there are names from the past which you may recognise.

Lothlorien, AS host

[ 21. December 2015, 19:43: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016