homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need - Kelly, hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: dental appointment Monday; working out some problems, especially the logistics and ripple effects; health, general upholding, and private intentions.

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here and especially today for the Christians living in countries where they are persecuted for their faith.
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all affected by the cyclone.

For Kelly Alves, Golden Key, ChastMastr's friend, and fhe person I can't go back to and look at or I'll lose this edit who is waiting for their contract to be renewed also, Starbug, and Chasee.

I finished drafting the grant yesterday, except for two massively important pages, and it's really late to be doing it now. For success of this, for P and for K as well.

I also have had trouble with self-control around money and may not be able to bail myself out before my contract, and hence my stream of income, ends. Hlep.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all affected by Cyclone Pam.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers, please, that our potential buyer of our co-op unit really will buy our unit and not back out at the last minute like the other flaky buyer did. We so want to leave backwards Georgia and move to the Seattle area. Better healthcare, more low-income housing, and just better way of life in the Pacific Northwest than far too many places in the South. If we can sell our place soon, we have a shot at getting a nice one bedroom apartment for disabled/seniors in Port Orchard, WA and we really want to move there!

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my mother the Dowager, who is now so breathless that on Thursday I'm going to drive the two hours to pick her up and take her to the cardiologist. And then back (I hope).

Please pray for the best outcome for this appointment, given her advanced age (she's 90) and for safe travel for me.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for all here

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here. Catching up as have been away a while.

Telepath, may you be sustained as your prayerful posts have sustained others.

--------------------
Pondering.

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for two kids at school:

Miss A - for wisdom and courage;

Mr F - for courage, for insight, for self-control;

For God's blessing on them both; for them to be upheld in their journey; for them to know the reality of love; for them to know freedom; for mercy, mercy, mercy.

Amen [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially 5thM, the Dowager and MC's pupils.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A dear friend's wife of JB and I had a small heart attack. She is getting a heart catherization and I'm a bit worried about her.

I'm going to speak to you, Ladies ,

A heart attack for women is different than a man's heart attack. We get unusual fatigue, sleep disturbances, shortness of breath, indigestion, anxiety,cold sweats, and dizziness.. Women can have symptoms up to a MONTH before attack and unlike men, arm pain, chest pain can be totally absent.
She had some of these problems, but she is a grandma and very involved with her grandchildren, so she kept working over her shortness of breath, fatigue and kept ignoring symptoms. Ladies, keep listen to your body. If you feel sick, check it out.

Please keep her in prayer. Thank you.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying!

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Painful tooth problem; no dental coverage. Prayers appreciated.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I offer up prayers for Comet's teeth! I'm in the same boat!

Also, prayers answered! Many, many people interested in our apartment for sale! Three people wanting to lay down cold, hard cash and maybe a bidding war will ensue?!

Dear God, thanks for prayers answered! Please let Comet find a big bag of gold so she can get her teeth fixed! [Votive]

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
Painful tooth problem; no dental coverage. Prayers appreciated.

My dear, your PM box is full. I tried to send you a message with some Alaskan dental clinics for po' folks.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all affected by Cyclone Pam.

For The5thMary to be able to move.

For The Intrepid Mrs S and the Dowager.

For Mad Cat’s Miss A and Mr F.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde and JB’s friend.

For comet’s tooth.

So, I am a giant mess of a human being. I have (I think) written (what I really hope is the last of) what I think is a really forceful grant application, but how would I know, because I’ve never written one before. (Going to ask someone to look at it tomorrow.) But, it’s like FOUR MONTHS till my contract runs out now, so I’m a day late and a few tens of thousand dollars short.

Oh and, about that, the more I decide not to waste money, the more I waste it hand over fist. I’m going to end up on a TV reality show at this rate. Or just really broke.

Why am I so stupid? I must have a force field around me that somehow repels the very concept of will power.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Comet - toothache sucks great festering goose-balls.

Hope you can get it mended.

5th M - good news about your flat - keep them fighting over it! [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light - and echoing all the prayers and requests here particularly for Comet's teeth and Teleptah's financial management, an area where I lack myself to a rather large extent!

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You're not the only one, WW! [Hot and Hormonal]

I have been shortlisted for a job (it's between two of us). This makes reign I've been invited in to meet the boss, for whom I could potentially be the PA. Please pray that I make a good impression.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forgive me, I've not been around much recently. However, I would still value your prayers. For the last few years I've had a string of temporary jobs, none of which have lasted long, but I've survived by living off my savings (they were for my retirement, but we'll worry about that if I ever get that far). Said savings run out in two months time, as does the tenancy of my flat. So either I get a proper job (there are some church things around, but church admin moves SO slowly) or I move back to live with my mum (not the end of the world in my case). Prayers that God's will be done would be much appreciated.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you everyone: tooth problem resolved, after only two days of trouble. If only the rest of my life were so straightforward!

(5thMary: thank you, but I'm a long way from those clinics)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Bee's Dad died this morning. He was at home so he went how he wanted to go.
We have a lot of sorting out to do.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for Tunisia, the country I live in. Terrorist attack today at the parliament and Bardo Museum is both a tragedy for those killed and their families and likely to be a disaster for Tunisia that is already struggling greatly economically and many people rely on tourism for jobs and income.

Too close for comfort too. Although not in our neighbourhood the museum is not that far from where we live, some of our colleagues live within walking distance of it and my husband and I were there only last month looking at an art exhibition...

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((TreeBee and Mr Bee))

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tree Bee,I am so sorry. Prayers ascending for the repose of his soul, and for consolation and comfort for you and Mr Bee. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Mr Bee Senior, TreeBee.

Praying for all that post here and those who need our prayers, but feel they cannot post.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for each by name. [Votive]

I also ask for prayers for myself - my work situation is becoming impossible to manage (had some further bad news today). My life is falling apart so fast I can't keep up.

I have run out of energy and hope - don't know what to do any more.

Sorry for the rant and the self-pity.

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My interview went well, but I won't know anything till at least next week, so please keep praying!

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Starbug, RA, Lucia and all affected by the terrorist attacks, Lia for comfort and hope, CM, Tree Bee, Mr. Bee and for the soul of Mr. Bee senior.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Mr Bee's Dad died this morning. He was at home so he went how he wanted to go.
We have a lot of sorting out to do.

May his memory be eternal.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

ChastMatr, I won't hear about the results of my interview until next week either. The waiting is such a strain, isn't it?

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friend J who is in the midst of a nasty court battle with her abusive ex_husband.
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A prayer request for two friends who are both pastors at my church. They were involved in a nasty accident on Tuesday when a muck spreading tanker came loose from a tractor and rolled straight into the side the car they were in. No bones are broken but both have back pain and whiplash, and they are both in shock. Please pray for physical and mental healing. Praise God for his protection over them and the miracle they are alive.

Also pray for the farmer whose vehicle was involved, and a woman who witnessed the accident with her young children who were protected from injury by a barrier which prevented them being hit.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dealing (or not) with high levels of anxiety right now. Mr Lamb is showing very slow reaction times, which scares me, and I'm also teaching online for the first time and way nervous about it. Please pray?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Telepath - not to feel so alone. [Votive]

For comet, Kelly, Golden Key. [Votive]

For Dowager and Mrs S. [Votive]

Robert Armin. [Votive]

Tree Bee and Mr B. [Votive]

Lia - to be held in peace and comfort. [Votive]

LC and Mr Lamb. [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Listening to the Radio 4 report about Tunisia and praying for Lucia. [Votive]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for prayers. One of the French victims of the Bardo attack had been a teacher at our daughter's school until last summer, so she knew him a little.
I'm sad for all at her school, kids and staff who are having to deal with this so directly. And need wisdom how to help our daughter to deal with it too.

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the many many folk affected by the cyclone that hit North Queensland, Australia, last night.
God have mercy, and grant them strength.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016