homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 21)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:

Abigail - continued peace about the rewiring, the opportunity to speak to the person who can advise [Votive] ...

Thank you Nenya and everybody else who prayed... Today I spoke to a lovely, lovely man who thinks he can do the work needed for a third of the price I was previously quoted. He is a contact of a friend from church and he doesn't think a total re-wire is necessary. The amazing thing is that it turns out that he lives in the same block of flats as me [Eek!] (my friend had no idea until she gave him my address) and he has already done similar work for other people here.

I'm almost afraid to hope this will all be ok but it is looking that way. Please pray that nothing unexpected happens to make this go wrong. Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please prayer for our daughter. She has some very serious health problems and I pray she can get them resolved before she moves into her new flat later this month.

Ongoing prayers needed for Zeke to get a permanent job teaching high school English and for me because I am battling a health problem also: I hope that I can wait until age 67 to retire.

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

- Posted      Profile for Tina   Email Tina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all needs, expressed and unexpressed.

Please could I ask your prayers for my mum's cousin B, in hospital on a ventilator after a fall, and for E his wife, waiting to have to make a decision about switching the ventilator off ... Also for their adult children F and S, and B's sister P.

And for D and G, whose son E was delivered prematurely due to pre-eclampsia, and died shortly afterwards.

It's been a weekend for bad news ...

Posts: 503 | From: South London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tina, that's awful. Prayers ascending for all of you.

[Votive] too for all in need, danger or necessity.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a terrible decision to have to make!

[Votive]

So sad about little E.

[Votive]

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my husband D. We go back to the eye hospital tomorrow for one possible last chance to salvage some sight. Today will be a very tense day and I can't even think about tomorrow yet. I'd appreciate prayer too. I need strength and courage to support him through all of this.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great news, Abigail! Praying for an excellent conclusion to the situation very soon. [Votive]

Sir Kevin's daughter - for strength and swift resolution to the health problems; a permanent job for Zeke; Sir Kevin's health to be restored. [Votive]

Tina - what a time you're having [Frown] . For B and the whole family, wisdom in making decisions, wise professionals; for comfort for D and G and the soul of little E - may he rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

Diomedes' D (I thought he was R? Or is that someone different?) - for peace; ability to get through the days and for the appointment; for courage and strength; may some sight be saved. [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry everyone - His name is Richard (short form Dick). Thank you for your prayers.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would appreciate prayers re: current work stress. Thank you.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
I'm very much struggling with depression at the moment, which makes it difficult to concentrate; not good when the whole of the workload currently is essay marking. I finally managed to get some done this evening but need a lot more motivation and stamina to get over the next couple of days.
Thank you

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

- Posted      Profile for Tina   Email Tina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying through
Posts: 503 | From: South London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

For all in or affected by the shooting in Wuerenlingen in Switzerland over the weekend - report from BBC here.

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and for the souls of the gunman and his victims.

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My wife and I are are closing the sale on our condo two days from now! Good gravy, we're really moving to the Pacific Northwest with our little cat! We're really taking him on the plane flight, in the cabin with us! Ai yi yi, pray that all goes well and I will certainly be praying for all my shipmates and friends of shipmates and family of shipmates!

[Angel]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for Heavenly Anarchist and all those who suffer depression, as my wife and I do. It's not fun and I have been in the depths of hellish depression before and have no desire to go back. I understand what a life-sapping experience it can be and all my sympathy and prayers are going out to my sisters and brothers on The Ship who are currently in the throes of it. May God be merciful to you.

[Votive]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Diomedes and R - for the appointment today to go smoothly, for calmness; compassion and wisdom from the professionals; a positive way forward [Votive]

Zoey - strength to cope with the work stress and an easing of that stress [Votive]

Heavenly Anarchist - for the depression to ease; light into and a clearing of the brain fog; stamina; focus [Votive]

The5thMary - a smooth move for the whole household; may it be a very happy and positive change for all of them [Votive]

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Nepal, shaken again by another big earthquake

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nepal [Votive]

Heavenly Anarchist [Votive]

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Nepal. How terrible.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Nepal, for D whose family was made homeless by the previous quake and those like Huia for whom this will be disturbing.

Jengie

[ 12. May 2015, 09:01: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Nepal
[Votive] all here

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

My S has made some arrangements to get some of the help he needs, an alcohol detox program. Please pray he follows through and manages to stay clean and sober afterward, and gets the psychological support he needs.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

A prayer for Nepal from the Christian Aid website:

Lord Jesus Christ,
who was buried in earth
and who rose again to newness of life,
after the quake
and for the sake of the people of Nepal
we cry to you.

We grieve for those lost in death,
we long for those who may yet be saved,
and we pray for all who need water, food and shelter.

From death and dust, may life yet come forth.
In sorrow and suffering, may hope dawn.
And may courage and love
conquer despair.

In your name,
we pray.
Amen.

And for Nicolemr's S - for strength to go forward and keep going with the detox.

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

I have some of my family, coming this evening by my sisters sun and his wife, and I have put up them to sleep and got food too. They will be here a week.
And tomorrow I have to go the the hospital to check me (a while ago I was hit be a motorbike when it came down in the wrong road). [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have lost my hearing aids, and am panicking

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I'm getting more and more anxious about what, exactly, is going to happen on May 24.

I trust G-d.

Unfortunately, I don't trust people.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying!

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hearing aids found [Yipee]

Ongoing prayers for all those in need, especially the people of Nepal.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Ongoing prayers for all those in need, especially the people of Nepal.

We join you in that. Our butcher is one of a group that has "adopted" a Nepalese village. He has a container on the counter, charging a gold coin for a bag of bones for dogs. Over the years, he's taken the money from this and other fundraisers over to Nepal, building and furnishing school houses and so forth. Last year, the work was to relay a retaining wall, and he says that this measure has saved the buildings. But 3 people in the village died, and he reckons that the true number will never be know. Some villages have been buried deep under landslides and there will be no excavation. The same with roads and tracks. A terrible tragedy and our prayers for the Nepalese and those who have gone to help them.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my father and for all who are concerned for him. Nobody seems to know where he is; apparently he had a hospital appointment for a minor operation this afternoon and so it may have turned into something serious but nobody seems to know which hospital. When he rang me a couple of days ago, he did not mention the appt at all. (When he had a TIA (mini-stroke) last year, he only told people about it because he felt he should explain why he was not driving, so this is not out of character for him at all but I am 100 miles away and feel very out of the loop.)

He also did not tell me that my uncle has cancer of the voice box, so please pray for my uncle and aunt as well.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially JoannaP's father and uncle.

You have my sympathy - I'm on the other side of the Pond from my 90-year-old father, and it does make you feel a bit helpless if there's anything wrong.

[Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for JoannaP's father and family.
How stressful , I hope and pray that he turns up soon with an explanation.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] JoannaP, dad and uncle (I get what you're saying about parents who don't want to bother their kids. my 84-year-old mom only tells me things like "I fell and hit my head on the corner of the dresser and spent the night in Emergency" several days after the fact. Trust me, Mom - it doesn't make me worry less [brick wall] ).

I'm second-guessing a position I strongly advocated with my bosses today, which was contrary to their opinion. And now that I've done so, I've got to make it work. Scared shitless.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016