homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 24)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my mother. The doctors are really interested in the state of her lungs and are trying to work out why they don't work properly. Meanwhile, she cannot walk across the street without getting out of breath and is going stir-crazy in her flat. [Waterworks]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Abigail's manager's husband - for healing; may the condition not be life threatening [Votive]

Caissa's supervisor's wife - for comfort and peace and rapid post-surgery healing [Votive]

Mousethief's daughter - may the damage to the foot be minimal; skill and wisdom for the medical staff; peace and calm for mousethief, Josephine and Babs [Votive]

JoannaP's mother - for serenity in the situation and for the doctors to get to the root of the problem and find a remedy [Votive]

Diomedes and R... Telepath... Mr Bee... Nicolemr's new home... [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Z had a really good interview Thursday for a high school English teaching position. We pray that the principal and the vice principal pick her!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying!!

Please pray for Cubby's foot (still no news on CAT scan) and for our finances.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your continued prayers. We appreciate it so much. The challenge now is to control the pressure in R's damaged eye. We are on a real emotional roller-coaster. Tomorrow he is having an eye test to see if any kind of glasses would help him. A historian who can't read - it's so hard for him. [Votive]

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all the sick, especially - as a regular at the Eye Hospital myself - for Diomedes and R.

Also for R, who has bilateral lung cancer, and all her family, that she makes it through to her daughter's wedding next month, and that the happy times provide some comfort in the difficult times ahead.

For Mrs H who has been poorly lately and her son J who is looking after her without a break.

For my aunty, caring for her husband K as his Alzheimer's progresses.

For J, who died of cancer earlier this week, and his wife, children and grandchildren who are mourning.

For everyone who mourns, that they may be comforted.

For my dad, that he may rest in peace.

Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof. But only say the word and your servant shall be healed.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For D, facing injections to stop his sight deteriorating. We are hoping they will work.

For my mother.

For all on here and especially those struggling with the problems of old age, in themselves or in other people.

[Votive]

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Piglet’s H., for healing. For J. to be comforted in her loss.

For a great new place for Nicolemr.

And everything Nenya said!

For healing for Abigail’s manager’s husband.

For healing for Caissa’s supervisor’s wife.

For WatersOfBabylon, for healing. For upholding for mousethief and Josephine.

For cousin I, for healing. He is much more responsive, but can’t speak or communicate other than thumbs up or down, and has been tearful today.

For the Thing application.

I’ve had a lousy couple of days. Please, for me to get on top of all this.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd value your prayers as I deal with a neighbour this weekend.... the last straw has been work today to get his cable phone installed which resulted in mine being disconnected (without my permission), but I'm also facing a battle with him over the way the guttering & downpipes remove rainwater from our joined roofs, plus fixing a leaking roof which he (a builder) put on. I feel he is laughing or sneering at me and ignoring what are real problems, and I'm getting stressed about how all these are resolved.
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cubby.

Money.

Car repair going on right now. [brick wall]

Thus, more money. [Waterworks]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been asked by a friend to pray for her brother, so I thought I'd open it to the wider community...
She writes: He had chest pains, went to the doctor, and after lots of tests he is having open-heart surgery/bi-pass surgery to repair significant blockages. There are five of us and this is the first serious health problem that we've encountered, so we are all praying hard and feeling bad for our brother

Please pray for the Family Pompom, and especially Brother Pompom.
Thank you.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I kind-of wish somebody would just tell me what to do.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sir Kevin's Z - for success following her interview.

Cubby's foot and scan; the car repair; the finances.

Erroneous Monk's concerns and beloved people.

Ariel's D and mother - for health and healing and peace.

Telepath's I and family; application for the Thing; the Telemum; better days for Telepath, more good than bad ones please.

Daisydaisy and the neighbour situation - a good resolution.

Dormouse's Family Pompom - for healing and health.

Saysay - for guidance and wisdom, for a confidence about the way forward.

Diomedes and R... Nicolemr's lovely new home... Mr Bee and Tree Bee... Abigail... Mousethief and family... [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Everything Nenya said!

For Cousin I, for healing sooner than possible.

For M.

For me to be able to do the thing in the way I want to do it.

For blazing progress tomorrow.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, great or small.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Car fixed.

Money low.

Went to BBQ and met nice people, praise God!

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For ChastMastr to get some money. (Same for me, please).

For Cousin I. He was able to ask today "Do I have brain damage?" and also slag off one of his nurses. Things are looking up, I guess?

For M.

For me to be able to do the thing in the way I want to do it.

For that other thing.

For the Telemum.

For a good day tomorrow!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the father of a friend. He is on the gentle slide towards death. That it may be peaceful for him and his family.
[Votive]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And for all here, and those we care for.
[Votive]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

The new academic year starts today over here so for all the kids and young people [and other people!] and all their teachers and all the ancillary staff.

[Votive]

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing, comfort and consolation for everyone who came to receive the sacrament of the sick at our church yesterday, and for everyone in need of healing who either couldn't be there or chose not to attend.

For everyone who cares for the sick.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all that post here and those that need prayers and have no one to pray for them.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know I have prayed this before, but I really need to get out of this house. Specifically, I need the means to get out of this house.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Please pray for M, a mother of young children, who is seriously ill and needing surgery.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for S and her family. Her beloved husband died in January (curse you, cancer), and she lost her grandson in a tragic accident today. The family is in shock. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I'm kind-of heartbroken by Beau Biden's death. The world lost another good man fighting the good fight. There aren't enough of them.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The politician Charles Kennedy has died, less than two months after his father's death. For the Kennedy family, and friends.

R.I.P. Ian [Votive]
R.I.P. Charles [Votive]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RIP Charles Kennedy [Votive]

A good and gentle man, he struggled with his demons manfully.

Pray for his son Donald, fatherless at the age of 10.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

RIP Charles Kennedy - far too soon. [Votive]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

CAT scan for Cubby's foot set for Friday.

Money woes. We need a chunk of money to get through the summer.

Need to take better care of health and household.

But... trusting God. <3

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My partner is in hospital tonight after a very long day of doctors trying to stop an uncontrollable bleed. She had sinus surgery last week, but is also on anticoagulants. She woke me this morning at 4.30 with blood all over her face. The day has ranged from scary to terrifying for both of us. I had to leave her drugged up to the eyes.

Please let it be a better day tomorrow. And please make it unnecessary for her to come off her anticoagulant - the word stroke was mentioned.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My partner is in hospital tonight after a very long day of doctors trying to stop an uncontrollable bleed. She had sinus surgery last week, but is also on anticoagulants. She woke me this morning at 4.30 with blood all over her face. The day has ranged from scary to terrifying for both of us. I had to leave her drugged up to the eyes.

Please let it be a better day tomorrow. And please make it unnecessary for her to come off her anticoagulant - the word stroke was mentioned.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016