homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 25)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for Arabella and her partner. That sounds so awful. I hope you have some good friends around you and that tomorrow is easier.

Praying for all who post on this thread
[Votive]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all and especially right now for Arabella and her partner.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Arabella's partner [Votive]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Adding our prayers to those of others.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]
And especially for Arabella and her partner [Votive]

Thank you for your prayers for my manager's husband. He is home from hospital and recovering.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially for APW and her partner.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks everyone. Slighty less alarming news this morning, as the consultant opines that more surgery might help rather than removing anticoagulant. Still serious, but not stroke serious. She sounded rather more herself too.

And a note of thanks to my wonderful boss, who came and visited because he was worried about me - at 9pm last night.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ChastMastr, and Cubby's foot; their finances [Votive]

Telepath - for the things; cousin I and family; the Telemum [Votive]

jacobsen's friend's father - peace for him and the family [Votive]

Kelly - the means to move very soon; nicolemr's new home [Votive]

Heavenly Anarchist's M and the children [Votive]

jedijudy's S - for comfort in a dreadful situation [Votive]

Arabella and partner - healing please [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My last remaining uncle, now in his late 80s, has been diagnosed with myleofribrosis. Wikipedia says this is a form of bone marrow cancer. He's lost weight and is in pain.

I wasn't close to him but it is still sad to lose older relatives after a lifetime of their being there. I hope my cousins and their mother will find consolation, and that the doctors will be able to come up with something to ease the pain.

[Votive] For all on here.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Arabella & partner, very fervently.

For Ariel, for peace and comfort for her uncle.

And what Nenya said.

Cousin I has been transferred out of the ICU! Yayyy! Into a hellacious noise-pit of an unpleasant ward the conditions of which seem to actively militate against recovery, especially for a heart patient! Boo.

I am so incredibly conscious of sin right now. And I feel like if I could just master this one good habit, a lot of things would improve. But I can't do it.

I was going to do it tonight, but I got interrupted by fixing one of my own increasingly characteristic mistakes. Then when I'd fixed my own screwup I looked at the clock and oh hey too late again. I had ONE JOB.

It makes me feel like every bad thing that's ever been said about me is true. I know for certain that I don't deserve any of the good things I've been working towards. [Help]

[ 04. June 2015, 22:36: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On a social media site where I like to hang out was this request for prayers for the people of South Korea, affected by MERS:

quote:
please say a prayer for South Korea as 700 schools have been closed and the 3rd death has been reported. So far 1600 people have been quarantined. Personally, my youngest daughter has fallen ill with flu like symptoms and I am worried because I have been told they are running out of the materials to test for mers.

So please keep us in your prayers and everyone else in South Korea.

Over 900 schools have been shut down since this article was updated June 4th

I honestly didn't know things were that bad.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still need an apartment. Prayers requested.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Partner has been taken off her anticoagulant as she has been bleeding a lot. I am so glad she's in hospital and can be monitored by people who know more than I do.

We're still quite scared.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers, Arabella for you both.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Telepath)))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Arabella, and partner, and also all of the partner's family situation.
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the people of South Korea, and an end to the spread of MERS.

For a great apartment for Nicolemr.

For healing for Arabella’s partner.

(thank you North East Quine)

For continued healing for Cousin I.

For healing for K.

About to submit grant application. Say no more.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. For Arabella's partner I pray for healing, no side affects from going off her anticoagulants and relief from anxiety for the both of you. Praying for others who are ill and for those needing guidance or feeling like they don't deserve a good life. Praying you can see yourself as God sees you, Telepath. We are all sinful and make mistakes, but you are a good and valuable person.

Thankyou for the recent prayers for my nephew who was in ICU with severe asthma. He has been home for a few weeks now with no further asthma. Doctors decided it was triggered by a virus and he does not have other allergic triggers, so he should be mostly okay, but may end up back in hospital when he gets colds or other respiratory illness in the future. Praying he doesn't have such a bad attack of asthma ever again.

Please pray for my Nanna. She has had problems with her back the last few years and had surgery that just made the pain worse as it caused a pinched nerve. She has been on pain killers the last couple of years as surgeons did not want to risk further surgery as she is 89 years old. However this week the pain has been much worse and has affected her leg badly, limiting her ability to walk. After a lot of tests and assessments they have decided to go ahead with the surgery next Wednesday as she is otherwise in very good physical and mental health.

I caught up with my parents and grandfather last night and my grandfather was telling lots of stories from the past and we could tell he was very worried that something might go wrong and he will lose his wife of over sixty years. He is in amazing health for his age, but suffers from anxiety at times and is obviously finding the situation very difficult.

Please pray for healing for my Nanna. Ideally it would be better for her not to need the surgery, but I know that would take a miracle. So please pray that if it goes ahead it will be successful and she will come through it ok and with an improved quality of life.

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially those battling illness.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haven't heard from one of our Shipmates, and to whom I talk nearly daily on Skype, for a few days. Last message was that she was in hospital, posted by her son.

I hope Pearl B4 Swine is well, as I and a few others are worried.

Thank you very much for your prayers.

For all. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here.
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the friend whose elderly father died this morning.
[Votive]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for Pearl B4 Swine. I hope everything is ok.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially PB4S.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Arabella’s partner, for healing.

(thanks Mili)

For Mili’s nephew, for healing and for this never to happen again. For her Nanna, for healing.

For Pearl B4 Swine.

For jacobsen’s friend to be comforted in their loss.

For Cousin I, for continued healing.

For bannination of the Finance Monster.

For P.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ariel's uncle and family - for him to be pain-free; for comfort and consolation for the family [Votive]

Telepath's cousin I - for continued healing; and for Telepath, assurance that we don't need to change to be loved and accepted; and for the Things [Votive]

Nicolemr's new home [Votive]

Arabella and partner - for healing; wisdom for the medics; peace and reassurance [Votive]

Pearl B4 Swine [Votive]

Jacobsen's friend's father - may father rest in peace and rise in glory; may friend be comforted [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all posting here [Votive]

For all who can't/daren't post here [Votive]

For Telepath and Nenya, and their ministry of prayer [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you all for your prayers.

Babs has been in the hospital for 11 days now, and has had 5 operations on her foot. She has one to go tomorrow and maybe one more. They were able to keep much more of her foot than they feared, and it's no longer touch-and-go, but she's got a long road of physical therapy ahead of her once she gets out. She has had a steady stream of visitors, and was able to get outside today and see her dog, who has missed her greatly and vice-versa. Josephine is going to fly down there probably by the end of this week.

Lifting up everyone else's requests to God. Lord, have Mercy. [Votive]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

Thank you. Partner is looking much better, eating again. I think there was an infection or two going on as well as the bleeding.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For WatersOfBabylon, for healing.

For continued healing for Arabella’s partner.

Cousin I. was actually able - very slowly and while pouring with sweat - to take his toddler daughter across the street from the hospital to a park, and push her on the swings. That’s pretty good, considering 2-3 weeks ago he was clinically dead. I mean, should you really be out and about in your condition, sir.

Proofread grant application today, am going to run it by a couple of other people tomorrow, and then submit it. FEAR.

For M.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Resit exams start today for those who didn't do as well as they hoped in previous exams.

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For all those resitting exams.

For Cousin I, for continued progress towards full recovery.

For M.

For P and K.

For success for the Thing application. This is not like a job application where if at first you don't succeed, try try 250 more times. It's basically one shot.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Continuing to hold us all in the Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

I am just home now and it was sunny and dry yesterday in Dingwal where we camped. [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

I am literally right now about to submit the dreaded grant application.

If it's not funded, I will be job hunting again in a few months' time and you don't want to have to listen to all that. In your own rational self-interest, please pray for my success.

--------------------

Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another little step forward for R after his failed eye surgery - an evening in the pub! It's the first time since the operation that we have ventured out into normal life. There has been some improvement in his vision, not enough to read yet, but we hope and pray for more. [Votive] for all those with health worries, and for those who love them.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thanks for the update, Diomedes. Good news. Prayers for the continuation.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For daisymay.

For continued healing for R.

Cousin I. Is to, hopefully, have a defibrillator implanted and then may be able to go home. He may even be able to be home for his daughter's third birthday! [Yipee]

For M., M., K., and K.

In thanks for some help I received this evening. For colleagues A., J., and C.

and for my grant to be funded [Help] I am so fond of this lab!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016