homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Lord, That funding for Telepath...... [Votive]
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tomorrow I am due to have a minor operation on my wrist (which has been gammy since I had The Elf Lass 18 months ago). I have had steroid injections in it, but they won't do any more, so this is my last option. It's allegedly a self-limiting condition (ie will heal by itself eventually) but isn't showing any signs of limiting itself, hence the surgery. So I'd appreciate your prayers, a. that it actually works, so that b. I can pick up my daughter without being terrified I'll drop her. Also c. I don't freak out (can't say the prospect of a general anaesthetic is top of my list of things I'm looking forward to), and d. that I'm not out of action for too long. TME will have to do the bulk of looking after The Elf Lass till I'm out of bandages, so prayers for him too would be great. Thank you.

[Votive] for all here.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Jack the Lass, for a smooth, stress-free operation, and a swiftly well-healed wrist [Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially JTL for her surgery, and any prayers you can spare for my friend H. who is to have surgery for cancer on Friday, would be appreciated.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pearl B4 Swine is back home, but I don't have any more details than just that. Good news though.

Thank you for your prayers!

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to hear Pearl before Swine is home and prayers for everyone who is having surgery soon and for other needs.

My Nanna's operation was yesterday and the surgeon is happy with how it went. She was under anaesthetic for 5 or 6 hours! However apart from some temporary breathing issues due to reflux and lying on her stomach for the duration of the operation, she is recovering well. She now has to go through rehabilitation so please pray that will go smoothly and that post-surgical healing takes place in a timely manner.

I visited the night before the op and she was in good humour then. She has had a few screws inserted in her back and she was joking then that she hoped none would get lost inside her or she would 'have a screw loose'.

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Close relative at the other end of the country has been unwell and has not been in contact today (totally out of character). Not answering phones, not at work. Trying to get hold of neighbours. Please pray E is ok. Thank you
Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is totally selfish.

My PhD is with the proofreader who said two to three weeks. Three weeks is next Monday but things will be that much easier if it is returned before the weekend.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hope Hazy*Jane's E is found safe and well. Prayers for all facing operations and for Jengie Jon's Phd's swift return.
I could do with prayers for patience, my boss is irritating me mightily today. I only have to put up with her for anther five weeks, just hope I can manage it without losing my temper. Prayers also for my son who has an interview for a job that sounds like it could be a good fit and would be permanent, rather than a short-term contract.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Jengie's PhD.

After all that time & sweat, a prayer for things to move along is in order.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
Hope Hazy*Jane's E is found safe and well.

Colleagues have gone round, curtains drawn. Calling police/ambulance
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] that all will be well, Hazey Jane, and prayers ascending for all others in need.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Hazey Jane's colleague

[Votive] For the cyclist knocked off their bike by a bus this afternoon in the centre of Newport.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here and especially for Hazey*Jane's E [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you everyone for prayers, my surgery seems to have gone well (I even got the chance to have a look inside my arm before the consultant sewed it up!). It's feeling a bit painful now the nerve block has worn off, but not unbearable and I do have painkillers if I need. Really hoping this has done the trick!

[Votive] especially for Jengie Jon's PhD and for Hazey*Jane's E.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good news, JtL - may your recovery be swift and simple. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for J. Already recovering from bone marrow transplant for myeloma, she is very ill with viral pneumonia and not responding to ordinary oxygen. It is being given under pressure.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Ethne Alba.

(same for P and K please)

For Jack the Lass and the Elf Lass and TME.

For Piglet’s H.

For Pearl B4 Swine.

For Mili’s Nanna.

For the safety of Hazey*Jane’s E.

For Jengie Jon’s proof to have been returned already.

For patience for Sarasa, and for her son to get that job.

For the cyclist known to Sioni Sais.

For healing for Lothlorien’s J.

Cousin I. walked four kilometres home with his wife and daughter yesterday (slowly), stopping en route for a beer and then a haircut. Arrived home for a dinner cooked by his Dad. Meanwhile, the Grim Reaper is slumped over a bar somewhere, being bought consolation beers by his friends. “Dude, you were setting yourself up to fail. That guy just has way too many people praying for him. You’ve gotta set more realistic goals!"

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

Still looking for an apartment... saw one today that was perfect... except it's a 4th floor walk up. Haven't turned it down yet, but I just can't see myself climbing all those stairs.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
...Cousin I. walked four kilometres home with his wife and daughter yesterday (slowly), stopping en route for a beer and then a haircut. Arrived home for a dinner cooked by his Dad. Meanwhile, the Grim Reaper is slumped over a bar somewhere, being bought consolation beers by his friends. “Dude, you were setting yourself up to fail. That guy just has way too many people praying for him. You’ve gotta set more realistic goals!"

It's not often I laugh out loud at the Prayer Thread but I did this time - thanks Telepath!

[Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please continue to pray for J with viral pneumonia and a compromised immune system because of myeloma and bone marrow transplant. Her own breathing is not strong enough to support her but would not work along side assisted breathing. Her breathing has been paralysed to allow artificial system to support her. Sometime in the next couple of days there will be an attempt to synchronise the two systems and for her breathing to be restarted.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for J. for restored breathing and healing.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for A and her Aunt V. V was put in hospice yesterday.

The good news, family members have reconciled with her after many years! [Tear]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Could use reliable guidance as to the right thing to do here.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Nicolemr to find the perfect apartment.

For Lothlorien’s J, for healing.

For jedijudy’s A and her aunt V. Thanks be to God for reconciliation.

For firm and reliable guidance for saysay.

The Telemum apparently had one brief angina attack earlier in the year, having not had any since last summer (and none before that). I guess this is pretty minor overall, but I don’t like it.

For continued healing for cousin I.

For rapid taming of the Finance Monster.

For that funding, for me, P, and K.

For G.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
Praying for all here and especially for Hazey*Jane's E [Votive]

Thank you all for your prayers. Sadly it was not good news.

RIP. [Votive]

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So sorry, Hazey Jane.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Hazey Jane, so sorry for your loss. RIP. [Votive]

Prayers still ascending for all in need, and all who mourn. [Votive]

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very sorry to hear your news, Hazey*Jane.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So sorry Hazey*Jane [Votive]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A's Aunt V is no longer suffering. [Votive]
Thank you for your prayers.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May V and E both rest in peace and rise in the glory of our ascended Lord.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could you pray for me and my family. My brother died unexpectedly at the end of last week and we await an autopsy. C - RIP.

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] Nenya and family

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nenya and family. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Hazey*Jane’s E, may they rest in peace and rise in glory.

For all who mourn jedijudy’s V.

May Nenya’s brother C find peace with You, and may Nenya and her family be comforted in their loss.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Nenya and family and for the souls of Nen's brother and JJ's V.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Praying for all here.

J is still unconscious on life support. Hospital says she is stable. Critical, but stable.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016