homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 27)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For our loved ones who have died, that they may find in God a place of refreshment, light and peace.

For all who mourn, that they may be comforted.

For my beloved S who is struggling against demoralising management at work, that she might have the strength to continue her own, amazing work, and trust in God always.

For everyone who manages other people in whatever way. May our leaders lead with love and compassion, recognising the dignity of every member of their teams.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For James, who died today peacefully in his own home, surrounded by his daughters and looking out on to his own garden.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory, and may his many friends and his family be comforted as they mourn his loss.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

[ 15. June 2015, 11:59: Message edited by: The Intrepid Mrs S ]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
J is still on life support. Condition is still critical but stable, which also means while not worse, she is no better.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We are going back to the Eye Hospital tomorrow for another appointment with R's surgeon. Please pray with us that his eye is continuing to heal and that the improvements in sight will continue to a level where some kind of reading will be possible again.
On our visits to the retinal clinic we have met so many people dealing with their own serious optical problems. Please pray for them too and the hospital staff who work so hard to help.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please, please pray that everything goes smoothly with my thesis in the next week. It is now due back from the editors at 12 noon tomorrow and it needs to be back then. In order to give them extra time on Friday I am pushing very close to the deadline.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] with all here

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our former minister J has been told that his cancer is now beyond treatment. Please pray for J, his wife A, their children P and J and the members of his former congregation.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doctors are hoping to start J breathing by herself today. She is still unconscious.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Diomedes' R, for healing.

Much healing needed for G.

For Erroneous Monk's S.

For Mrs S' James, may he rest in peace and rise in glory.

For Lothlorien's J, for healing.

For the success of Jengie Jon's thesis.

For North East Quine's J and his family.

All the usual stuff for me please.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

Another R, my brother in law, is going to the eye hospital here today as his sight has suddenly deteriorated. This may be linked to his diabetes but we don't know yet.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: bureaucracy again. [Mad] May my current helpers understand and wisely do what needs to be done (even if a clue bat applied to the bureaucrats is required); may I have additional wise helpers, as needed; may the bureaucrats' hearts, minds, and compassion be opened; and may I be upheld in all ways throughout this.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

Going through a tough time at the moment and feeling really hopeless and lonely - at work right now and struggling not to cry.

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lia

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all, particularly Golden Key & Lia in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

R, my brother in law, has some problems associated with high blood pressure in his eyes and is going back tomorrow [Friday] to have some blood vessels in his eyes lasered.

[Votive]

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Help.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got some disturbing news about the S that I have asked for prayers for. His brother had him involuntarily hospitalized for his alcoholism. He's in very poor shape physically, and in critical care now. His wife is, I gather, leaving him. His brother asked me to pray for him and to enlist any others who would pray for him, so please everyone, prayers for S.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Charleston

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joining you all in prayer.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my dad, who has had at least one TIA. His doctor thinks he may not be getting enough oxygen to the brain due to artery blockage. He's already had a triple bypass. We're all very frightened. Thank you in Jesus' name.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing for mousethief's dad and daughter. [Votive]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Charleston, and for Mousethief's dad, and everyone here. [Votive]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing for Welease Woderwick’s R.

For Golden Key - resolution of bureaucracy, and additional wise helpers as needed.

For Lia’s path to be straight, and for her to feel encouraged and uplifted and surrounded by friends.

For help for saysay.

For Nicolemr’s S, for urgent healing.

For Charleston. Lord have mercy.

For mousedad, for healing.

For the Telemum.

All the usual stuff for me please. And for K., K., G., P., R., and M. and G.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thank you for prayers. J is now semi-conscious and breathing on her own with some assistance. She will probably be another three weeks in ICU, then an ordinary ward, followed by some rehab. Still a long road to recovery.

[ 18. June 2015, 22:05: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially everyone affected by the mindless shooting in Charleston, and for the souls of those who died.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
S is critical but stable and that's all the news his brother has been able to get. Please keep praying for him to accept the care he needs.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

...and a special [Votive] for all in trouble of any kind due to alcohol abuse.

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Up early on a lovely summer morning and praying for all the needs expressed above [Votive]

And especially for everyone affected by the shooting in Charleston [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

R now in the Laser Suite having treatment on his eyes.

[Votive]

My friend's little 4 year old currently in hospital in Mysore but hopefully going home today..

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Until I read this Guardian article today, it hadn't clicked what a dreadful week the people of Braford have had. In spite of the 'parallel lives' tack of the article, I know from colleagues involved that there is massive support for inter-faith, cross-cultural understanding in the city.

[Votive] for all working for peace and understanding, everywhere, with a special prayer today for Bradford.

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] READING [Votive] PRAYING [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016