homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 32)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: I'm dealing with a long, drawn-out bureaucratic situation. There's a meeting on Monday, the 27th. Will borrow the comment from upthread, that the powers that be will "see sense and do the right thing".

For California's drought to be safely ended and healed.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Yesterday morning did lots of heavy-ish stuff, no problem, then bent down to tuck in a sheet on my bed and managed to do something painful to my back. Last night I even considered getting out my walking stick!

Thank TPTB for Moov Gel - or whatever the equivalent is called where you are!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I travel back and forth every day on the Eurotunnel. At the moment, due to the situation in Calais everything is disrupted. Please pray for a resolution to what is a) a local strike situation that has gone out of control and b) the international problem of migrants and refugees.

And please pray for me as this situation has sent my anxiety completely out of control. I had to phone in sick today because I've got to the point that I'm physically and mentally too scared to go to work. I can't cope with a situation where I go to work and never know when or how I'm going to get home. I know in the light of how awful it is for other people this is a minor issue but it feels completely unbearable to me.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] WW

[Votive] Chive

[Votive] for C., that Jesus will show him the way.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Chive, what you said made perfect sense to me. [Votive]

For all in jobs they don't like, that are causing them to despiar or who are looking for new ones [Votive]

For all that need our prayers but feel they cannot ask [Votive]

[edited because I don't check preview post properly!]

[ 26. July 2015, 19:39: Message edited by: Sarasa ]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. Chive, prayers for you too, That sense of uncertainty can be very disconcerting and when it happens every day, it is very much worse.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chive, that sounds like a really horrid situation; it's easy for me to read about it in the British papers on the interweb and think, "bloody Frogs", but the disruption (and, obviously, fear) it's causing is getting out of hand. No-one should have to put up with being afraid of the journey to and from their place of work.

[Votive] that it will sort itself out, and you can get back to normal.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for my niece and her husband. Their only son is being married this Saturday, and her husband has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer of aorta, lungs and kidney. Their only daughter is expecting their first grandchild in January. And the husband's brother had a heart attack this week.

The family are reeling. Lord have mercy. [Votive]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

EloiseA
Shipmate
# 18029

- Posted      Profile for EloiseA   Email EloiseA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.” Flannery O'Connnor

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

[Votive] for BL's family in particular.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

May everyone and everything feel, do, and be just a bit better.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
[Votive]

May everyone and everything feel, do, and be just a bit better.

Amen. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

It looks as if my brother in law will need an operation on his right eye - the left one is clearing well after two rounds of laser treatment but the right one has clots that need clearing.

eta: as he has had bypass surgery he needs permission from cardiac surgeon before the eye surgery can go ahead.

[ 28. July 2015, 01:50: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and an extra [Votive] for BL and her family.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] (((BL and Chive)))

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Special prayers BL from us for you and all your family on an occasion which should be one of happiness.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another re-organisation at work. Another opportunity for even longer and more impressive job titles to be given to people who don't appear to have any skills or, indeed, to actually *do* anything.

I'm feeling bitter and disillusioned and not sure I can take another round of this.

This is an incredibly selfish post, I know, but I really need God and I really need all of you to keep me doing the very little things I can do with as much love as possible.

Thank you.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name [Votive]
and especially for EM [Votive] (not selfish at all - I know all too well how soul destroying some work situations can be).

For all who are struggling to find meaning and hope in life and at work [Votive]

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

For all here. [Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially EM.

Lia's right - you're not being selfish at all. We all have to earn a crust, and there's nothing worse than spending half your waking hours in a toxic, stressful situation.

[Votive] that you have a satisfactory outcome.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Big news! I put in an application for an apartment! Please pray that I''m accepted... I like this one, and I really need to be out of my current place fast.

No news on my friend S. Can't tell by talking to him if he's been drinking or not. Yesterday I thought maybe he had, tonight he sounded OK. Please continue praying.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Joining you all in prayer.

Our Father, give us this day our daily bread. Help us to see that what you give us each day *is* our daily bread, whatever it looks and tastes like to us at the time.

[Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Adding my prayers for all, too.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

Nicole, good luck with the flat - hope it works out for you. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for who have posted and those who have needs but are unable to post but can't for whatever the reason. Oh Lord hear our prayers. [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The wedding is tomorrow. The father of the groom is now in hospital. It has been discovered the cancer is not just in his major organs, but also through his bones - in particular the spine. It is doubtful he will get to the wedding for even an hour.

I have been told prayer is my department. Thank you for praying along with me for this family. I have suggested to them that if he is allowed out they station two friends with him so that his wife at least can spend some time focussing on the celebration she has done so much to organise. (Garden wedding with a celebrant). May the Spirit enfold them all anyway.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

That's really tough, BL - holding them and everyone else in the Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BL - how dreadful, prayers for you and your family - especially the son, with the happiness of future wedding anniversaries to be forever combined with the memory of his father's illness and death.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BL -doing my best to support you and yours in prayer [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{{BL and family}}} [Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

BL - I'm so sorry - it sounds desperate. I'm praying that, in spite of everything, our Lord Jesus will supply some wine for the wedding.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for banner Lady and family.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

[Votive]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping the son doesn't go on such a bender he can't stand up at the wedding. If anything would make you reach for the bottle, this situation probably would.

But then if Jesus could happily provide new wine to the wedding guests after a couple of days of drinking, maybe the best toasts are yet to come.

I'll report back when I hear more. Wedding is at the other end of the continent from me. I am looking after the groom's great grandmother who is on antibiotics at the moment for a bladder infection. They wanted her to go, but at 97 the effort involved was just too much.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016