homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 33)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers continuing, BL. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BL and family [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My brother T has just been through an awful experience, (see the Praise and Thanksgiving thread where I thank God for his survival for details) and I'd appreciate prayers for his peace and recovery from the event.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for T for peace and healing.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

There is a boy from this village who was born with a version of, or something akin to, hydrocephalus. He has a shunt in to drain the fluid. He is now 14 and is currently in hospital and due for an operation tomorrow to either unblock or replace the shunt - this is a difficult operation, not to say expensive. Members of the community association are currently touring the village collecting donations and I am requesting prayers and upholding from around the globe for J.

[Votive]

--------------------

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Banner Lady's family - upholding and strength [Votive]

WW's brother in law - for the operation to go ahead and be successful. Health and healing for J. [Votive]

Erroneous Monk - for patience and peace in the work situation [Votive]

Nicolemr's apartment - may it be so. And for brother T, recovery and peace; healing in body and mind [Votive]

Please continue your prayers for me and my family. There's a lot of Stuff going on and I'm in sore need of some guidance and peace.

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Nicole's T., WW's J, and Nenya and family.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joining you all in prayer for all intentions, spoken and unspoken.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for everyone but especially ((Nen))

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through and asking for prayer for my neighbours: C, taken to hospital for a suspected stroke (if so, this would be her second) and V, her husband. [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

Please pray for my friend N. She's a bit of an over sharer on face book sometimes and about a week ago shared that she believes happiness is a choice so she is going to stop taking her antidepressants cold turkey against her doctor's advice. Myself and another friend were supportive, but also let her know anti-depressants are ok if she needs them. I felt like saying straight out it was a bad idea, but knew that wouldn't help. She reacted negatively to even the suggestion she might need her medication.

Now she keeps writing negative posts about herself and some posts are quite erratic. Tonight she posted about having trouble writing a cover letter due to low self esteem. When I and a few others tried to encourage her and offer help she wrote that it was a pointless posting her problem as she probably didn't have friends. Totally illogical in a conversation where a number of her friends were trying to help her. I'm really feeling worried that she is not thinking clearly.

She is a young single mum with little family support and is trying to juggle being home for her daughter outside of school hours with the need to work to support herself and her daughter. I wish I could offer more practical support, but I don't live near her and don't drive, so with my own work commitments etc. there's not much I can do eg. childcare.

Prayers really needed.

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My sister K is doing chemo again today. Her last round went really badly and she's having dangerous side effects from the drugs she needs to cope. Please pray.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for and with all, especially Mili's N and Lamb Chopped's K [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

and I got hit by a motorbike a few years ago. The hospital has fixed where I was shifted and also they have given me to take tablets to stop pain in my leg still. At night I sometimes wake up because of the pain ! [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chronic pain is hard to cope with. Hope you can find something which helps which suits you, daisymay.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You are in our prayers daisymay.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayng ... [Votive]
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Our Lady of Good Counsel: pray for us. [Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you to God, and for your prayers. The father of the groom made it to the wedding for an hour. He is back in hospital, but the pain has been arrested and he begins chemo tomorrow on the most aggressive of the cancers (size of a matchbox on the aorta). The prognosis is still not good, but it may slow things down enough for him to meet his first grandchild.

The bride and groom get back from their brief honeymoon tomorrow.

Interestingly when the grooms parents got married, the father of the one now suffering from cancer was also at the wedding in a wheelchair. A family tradition I sincerely hope does not get carried on any further.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear he was able to make it, BL.

I'd be grateful if you could spare a prayer for N., a former colleague who's been diagnosed with cancer, and for her husband and two young children.

[Votive] for them and for all in need.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am currently subbing in a Christian school where the children are being treated very, very disrespectfully. I will be there two more days.

I am really finding it painful, for a variety of reasons, both immediate and church- PTSD related. Please pray that I can hang in there, and that I continue to model respectful speech no matter how hard I am tested.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for a friend, T., who is going through a very, very rough time right now. I can't say more.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friends S and A, whose son W committed suicide. And for all the rest of their family, and for the people who found W fatally injured in a public place.

Thank you.

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

So much here. Praying for all.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

The boy from the village I mentioned on Monday has had his op and is out of ICU/Recovery and back on a normal ward. Thanks for your prayers and please keep them coming, he still has a struggle ahead.

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Out of the depths I cry to you O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice.
[Frown]
[Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Virtual candle [Votive] for all who have posted, and for all whose needs are known only to God.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] C was discharged from hospital yesterday evening but was re-admitted this afternoon due to loss of vision.

For all, especially those dealing with illness or infirmity.

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

and still I have pain a bit on me and I take stuff to make it not hard ! [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016