homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 41)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

...and prayers for the victims and families of the disaster near Makkah yesterday.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing and upholding for North East Dad.

For Rossweisse, and to all a good pain-free night.

For healing for daisymay.

For Lamb Chopped’s J, for healing, and for comfort for him and his family in their loss.

What Ethne Alba said.

For the victims and families of the disaster near Makkah.

For my grant to be funded, same for P and K.

For K and M, for upholding.

For upholding and healing and safety at work for K.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing to hold us all in the Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need; for the souls of the victims of the crush at the Hajj and for those who mourn.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ditto Welease Woderwick and Piglet.

For the Telemum.

For K.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the success of an exciting new set of ministries now taking shape at St. Scrawny's [Votive]

Praying through, for all, by name. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the success of the new ministries at St. Scrawny’s.

For the Telemum.

For me to get on top of my finances.

All the usual other stuff please. I have had my first unencumbered vacation in many years, and tomorrow I go back to w*rk. It is a good place to w*rk. Long may it continue.

For D., S., M., M., and G.

--------------------

Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for R, my OH. She has a UTI, which, coming from a family prone to kidney problems, is not good news. Please pray that she may throw it off quickly. Thanks.
[Votive]

Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Offeiriad's R (UTIs can be very nasty) and for the soul of M., who was, with her husband J., one of the regulars at D's weekly organ recitals, and has lost her battle with cancer.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Piglet's M, and her husband [Votive]

For my ex-husband, What's-his-name, who faces a procedure to have a 7mm kidney stone zapped in the AM, and who has no health insurance (this last his own fault, but still) [Votive]

For my honorary aunt A, who is going through things in her home of 60 years and deciding what to keep and what to discard before moving to independent living next month [Votive]

Praying through, for all, by name [Votive]

[ 28. September 2015, 02:04: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying [Votive]

We need two tenors and a bass, please God, for the comfort of dear J, the stress levels of all the choristers, and the glorification of your holy name. Amen [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Offeiriad’s R, for healing.

For the soul of Piglet’s M, and upholding for J.

For Rossweisse’s ex-husband to be painlessly and inexpensively relieved of the Kidney Stone One Would Not Wish On Anyone.

For upholding during aunt A’s transition.

For two tenors and a bass for Mad Cat, the comfort of J, stress relief for choristers. And the glorification of Your holy name.

All the usual stuff for me please.

Getting organized is working *really* well as I had the first mental-clutter-free day at work in ages. So good to finally have control of my schedule.

For A.

--------------------

Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you all for your prayers. My wife R was admitted to hospital today as an emergency case. Scans reveal extensive diverticulitis, with a large abscess that has burst. She is on antibiotics, and an operation is possible if things don't start to improve in the next day or two. Please keep praying!
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

For all intentions offered up by Telepath, let us say "Ahh-men." [Votive]

For young Piscotty, injured on the baseball field tonight, [Votive]

That this crud may leave my lungs, where it has been hanging out for veritable months now, messing with my singing [Votive]

Praying through, for all, by name [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For those who have died and all who mourn them
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For healing for Mrs. Offeiriad.

For Rossweisse’s voice to be restored.

For healing for Piscotty.

What Erroneous Monk said.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:

Please pray
1) that the shingles clear rapidly
2) that the op on 1 October goes ahead and is successful
3) that the myeloma doesn't recur anytime soon
4) that his spirits lift.

Thank you, prayer warriors. The shingles cleared; all the spots were confirmed scabbed over last Friday. Prayers appreciated for a successful operation.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Going to see lovely bureaucrat man this morning with my Right to Remain application - he is a lovely man but he is still a bureaucrat and that always makes me nervous!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially North East Dad and WW and his bureaucracy.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Praying through, for all, by name. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all who are sick, including those posting on or prayed about on this thread, but also all who suffer in body, mind and spirit.

Send them help, O Lord, and comfort from thy holy place.

Please could I ask for some super-strength prayers for a dear friend, A, who has been told to resign at work, or else be sacked. Yes, he has made some mistakes, or they wouldn't be able to threaten the sacking, but this decision seems out of proportion and came as big shock.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

For Erroneous Monk's A [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

Thank you all for your prayers for my wife. Her condition is slowly improving, and her pain is much reduced. But there is still a fair way to go.... [Votive]
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you prayer warriors.

Dad had his operation today. The operation itself went as planned, but the problem was larger than expected. We will know on Friday if today's operation was sufficient, or whether he will require further minor surgery.

Please pray that today's operation did the trick, and that he gets a good long recovery period before the cancer comes back.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For continued healing for North EastDad.

For the Right to Remain for Welease Woderwick.

For extra strong prayers for Erroneous Monk’s A.

For healing for Mrs. Offeiriad.

For P.

For the Telemum.

For wisdom in the task I am about to do right this minute.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Lovely man was lovely and helpful as always - now the waiting until whenever Delhi gets around to dealing with it. My estimate is probably January and hopefully 2016!

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Praying through... [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the Right to Remain for Welease Woderwick.

Ibid.

I made a rather self-serving decision yesterday and I think it’s a appropriate as a one-off, but I’m not sure.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: for something going on tomorrow (Friday), and the best possible resolution in my favor; calm, courage, wisdom, ongoing health, and general upholding.

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Still praying for A, who thought he had 3 months' notice in his contract, but it turns out it's only one month, and they want him to go at the end of next week. He has a young family and is trying to figure out how to make ends meet while finding more work.

In your mercy, Father, feed
Everyone who is in need.

[Votive]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all in need, but especially now for Erroneous Monk's A and Telepath - decision making is tougher than it looks.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Golden Key, for (belatedly) the thing going on and the best possible resolution in his favor; calm, courage, wisdom, ongoing health, and general upholding.

For A., for immediate and fruitful alternative employment.

For funding for me and P.

For K and M.

For healing for cousin I who suffered damage to his vocal cords when he was intubated during the summer. His breathing was threatened as a result of the damage and he faces, from what I can tell, choices between a number of options all of which are unpleasant. [Frown]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016