homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 42)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the residents of North and South Carolina, who will probably get fifteen inches of rain today. Aside from rivers and streams overflowing, there will be trees uprooted from the sodden ground.

Pray also for us in Virginia. We got four inches of rain on Tuesday, and we're supposed to get another five. The biggest risk is trees being uprooted.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your recent prayers for my wife R.

To update: she is home from hospital with a wheelbarrow of antibiotics, and a diet where anything interesting needs to be strained out of food before serving!

She is still fragile and in (so far controllable) pain, spending most of each day in bed. We see the surgeon again in three weeks, at which point we foresee further tests being done. Your continuing prayers would be much appreciated.

Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Offeiriad - I was so grateful that Mr. S's abdominal misery turned out to be appendicitis, because at least the appendix doesn't grow back.

Prayers ascending for Mrs. O [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For North and South Carolina, and Virginia, for safety from the rain.

For Mrs. Offeiriad, for healing.

Please let my grant be funded! And I have to go cap in hand to another source, groan...

For A.

For K and M.

For I's daughter.

For the Telemum.

For Cousin I.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Friends, please pray for me. This evening I saw the woman who bullied me in the workplace for two years, and who was intrumental in my second redundancy.

This was ten years ago, and she is now working in marketing, the job I did for her, of which she at that time had no understanding, and in which she was determined I had zero competence.

I sat through the first half of the concert wondering: should I tell her I've forgiven her? The opportunity didn't present itself, and in the end I just had a lovely evening with friends at a wonderful concert. So much stuff has been flung up into the air though. I am putting it all down at the foot of the cross.....

God is good, but His ways are so strange. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially the people of Virginia and North and South Carolina, and for Mrs. Offeiriad and Mad Cat.

Bullying bosses suck worse than a Dyson.

edited for spleling

[ 04. October 2015, 02:57: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for your prayers. Here in the Alleghany mountains we only got an inch of rain. We do have a high wind warning. With the saturated ground, it's likely that trees will go over.

South Carolina got a huge amount of rain, and it's predicted that they will get another fifteen inches in the next few days. Please keep them in your prayers.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What is it reasonable to expect from church? Is it reasonable to expect anything?

I went to church this morning for the first time in three weeks. I missed the last two Sundays because I wasn't feeling very well and I just couldn't be bothered to make the effort. I hate not going because I feel so lonely just sitting at home by myself. But I hate going now because I feel just as lonely.

I want some sort of connection. With God. With other people. But I don’t get it. All I get is loneliness and frustration. I can’t see the point any more. Everyone else seems to think it’s such a wonderful church, but I just don’t seem to be on the same wavelength as anybody else there.

It's go along, sing a few songs, have a cup of coffee and go home again without engaging with God or anyone else and that’s it until next Sunday. What’s the point?

I know it’s my fault. I've never been any good at talking to people, I've never known how to make friends. I make people feel uncomfortable. I'm too old to change now.

Don't know what to do. Hate Sundays these days.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Thank you prayer warriors.

Dad had his operation today. The operation itself went as planned, but the problem was larger than expected. We will know on Friday if today's operation was sufficient, or whether he will require further minor surgery.

Please pray that today's operation did the trick, and that he gets a good long recovery period before the cancer comes back.

Dad needs a second operation. Please pray that he makes a good recovery from this one, and then the next one, and has a long spell of good health before the cancer returns.

(((Abigail)))

[ 04. October 2015, 17:21: Message edited by: North East Quine ]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for those of us for ...whom today has not been an easy day.
[Votive]

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for CD. I'm trying to pray for her too, much I'm not sure how to go about it. No doubt God will give me a hand......

[Votive] CD [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Mrs. Offeiriad, for healing.

For North and especially South Carolina and Virginia, for protection from the wind and the rain.

For Mad Cat, for peace of mind. For CD.

For North East Dad.

For (((Abigail))) to find her niche.

For Ethne Alba.

For healing for cousin I.

For the Telemum.

For K and M.

All the usual stuff for me please

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially North East Dad, Mad Cat's CD, those affected by the floods, and especially Abigail.

There's absolutely no shame in feeling that your present church doesn't suit you: when I hit my teens (a very long time ago [Hot and Hormonal] ) I felt like that about the church I'd been brought up in, and found a different one (which happened to be the local cathedral).

I've suggested this before to people who are feeling a bit disaffected, but don't want to give up altogether - if you can go to a Cathedral choral evensong (Sunday or a week-day one), you can be as anonymous as you wish. In my experience, cathedrals are welcoming but not intimidating; you can just let the beauty of the building, the music and the liturgy inspire you, without fear of being buttonholed and asked to join the Altar Guild ... [Big Grin]

[Votive] that you find somewhere that suits you and where you feel welcome.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm very worried for friends and family in South Carolina, and for all those in the path of the storm. [Votive]

Giving thanks for Piglet's sensible suggestion

Praying through, for all, by name. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all the intentions spoken here and those that go unspoken for whatever reason. And I want to say thank you to you all for asking for my prayers. It is a great privilege to join you in this way.

God bless you all.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

About to do something really difficult. Please give me the strength to do it quickly and well (i.e. within the next 30 minutes).

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Pleh.

The grant proposal was rejected.

Since this is the first one I've written, and I did so with little or no training or support, and it still got the approval of my boss (since it had to be submitted in his name, as I'm not senior enough) and he's expert in evaluating research quality, I don't think I'm going to get disgraced over this. But I'd prefer not to be put to shame, if there's any risk of that.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Someone's praying, Lord
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ask your prayers for shipmate E, in hospital again and wondering (this is America) how she's going to pay for it.
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Abigail to find her niche.

For Rossweisse, her friends in South Carolina, and all in the path of the storm.

For Erroneous Monk.

For shipmate E, for healing and [Mad] the funds to pay for it.

For my NEXT grant to be funded... [Roll Eyes]

For the Telemum.

For K and M.

For A.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Telepath [Votive]

For Shipmate E [Votive] (If you're poor enough, you don't have to worry about paying for medical care even in America.)

For my friend Peggy, going through difficult times [Votive]

For cessation of my back pain, which is interfering with other, more important things [Votive]

Praying through... [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Praying for my Mum on her first birthday without my Dad.

[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

My husband's ego is not measured by conventional means.

For Rossweisse, for healing.

For healing and financial provision for Shipmate E.

For Rossweisse’s Peggy.

For Erroneous Mum.

For my next grant to be funded..

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Rossweisse and Peggy, EM's mum and Telepath.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Um, that remark above about “my husband’s ego” is something completely unrelated that got mixed up in the copy-and-paste by mistake. I don’t in fact have a husband.

I would rather like to have a husband, but if his ego’s that big I won’t bother, ta.

For Rossweisse and Peggy.

For Erroneous Mum.

All the usual stuff for me, please kthx

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ExclamationMark:
Please pray for my dad. Nearly 85, cancer for 14 years (bowel, prostate, bladedr, urethra). Diagnosis - no further treatment. Rapid deterioration.

An old fashioned countryman - farm labourer for almost 60 years - looks like he's going home (like so many of that background do) with the autumn of the year.

From Exclamation Mark's original thread which was on a separate post.

Lothlorien AS Host

[ 09. October 2015, 02:05: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Of your charity, pray for + Ivan Lee, a Regional Bishop in the Sydney diocese. + Ivan has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

ExclamationMark and his dad [Votive]
+Ivan Lee [Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For some friends in need.

For me: best possible resolution (and then some!) to an ongoing troubling matter.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
Um, that remark above about “my husband’s ego” is something completely unrelated that got mixed up in the copy-and-paste by mistake. I don’t in fact have a husband.

I would rather like to have a husband, but if his ego’s that big I won’t bother, ta.

I did wonder, Telepath, but I thought maybe that's why you didn't mention him in your posts! [Killing me]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially EM's dad, +Ivan Lee and GK and her friends.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Exclamation Dad, for healing.

For Ivan Lee, for healing.

For Golden Key’s friends in need. For abundant resolution of the troubling matter.

Since the subject’s come up, perhaps, Lord, You could slip me a husband with an appropriately sized ego?

There may be other funding for me from some vague other source, not sufficient for all things but it’d keep me in work

For P.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Lots of large protests and counterprotests scheduled this weekend. Please pray that they are peaceful.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016