homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 45)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
APW [Votive]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you all. We decided to take the rest of the day off and beyond ringing close relatives and friends, just sat around reading or on the computer.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
For APW and all who need prayers.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For APW and family. May her mother rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive] For Rossweisse

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For APW and her family.
Daisy May I hope your leg isn't giving you so much pain.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my daughter C and her husband, in a very difficult situation.

Lord, please hear our prayer [Votive]

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying......
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arabella and her family [Votive]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lothlorien’s T, for healing.

Belatedly, for Erroneous Monk.

For Arabella’s mum Janet. For Arabella and her aunt Margaret, especially, as well as the rest of the family to be comforted in their loss.

For healing for daisymay.

For Rossweisse’s E.

For guidance for Rossweisse.

For Pine Marten’s daughter C and her husband.

For the Telemum.

Lord, hear our prayer.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who are troubled, for all who are ill, for all those dying, and those who are dead [Votive]

Please pray for the country of Mexico, remembering that weather does not know boundaries. Please pray for her neighbours.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the country of Mexico and her neighbours, for safety.

For the Telemum.

For two cousins I.

For ongoing funding and employment for me, same for K and P.

For K and M.

For K and her family.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers for T. She is amazingly better but still gravely ill. She woke by herself from coma and was frightened as she had no idea of what has happened. Hospital rang her husband who was just back from hospital, a 2.5 hour trip away. He was able to speak briefly to her, much to his joy.

Surgeon is amazed. Said there are still problems to overcome but just amazed she came out of coma.

Family is beyond thrilled. She now has no spleen, a good chunk of liver is gone and what is left of her bowel has tiny perforations, so please continue to pray.

[ 24. October 2015, 22:51: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Loth's T, and for our friends J. and H. who are currently going through v. nasty cancer treatments.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing to hold us all in the Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Logging in for the first time in three weeks and praying for all here... [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From tomorrow my elderly mother will have a carer. It's taken months to get this far, my mother (who doesn't entirely understand what's happening) is likely to be very resistant. I really hope this works. I want her to be safe and comfortable in her own home and settle into being looked after there, as she'd hate being in a care home, which is the alternative if this doesn't work.

If you can spare a thought for her - and for the carer who isn't going to find this particularly easy - that would be much appreciated.

Thank you! May the angels guard you and yours. [Votive]

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
From tomorrow my elderly mother will have a carer. It's taken months to get this far, my mother (who doesn't entirely understand what's happening) is likely to be very resistant. I really hope this works. I want her to be safe and comfortable in her own home and settle into being looked after there, as she'd hate being in a care home, which is the alternative if this doesn't work.

If you can spare a thought for her - and for the carer who isn't going to find this particularly easy - that would be much appreciated.

Thank you! May the angels guard you and yours. [Votive]

[Smile] [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Lothlorien’s T, for healing to continue.

For Piglet’s J. and H., for healing.

For Ariel’s mother to be safe and comfortable in her own home and settle into being looked after there. Also, for the carer.

V. and her daughters D. and J. and her son J.

For L. to be comforted in the loss of his wife O.

For E., and for K. and B. to be able to help her.

For R., to be comforted in the loss of his wife D.

For B., for healing. For strength for his wife K., and support for daughters M. and H.

For the Telemum.

For me to overcome my glorious array of besetting sins.

--------------------

Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A little while ago people kindly prayed for my wife R, struck down with diverticulitis and an abscess. She has been making a slow and rather patchy recovery over the last few weeks: we'd appreciate your prayers as we see the surgeon again tomorrow to review progress and decide what happens next. Not least because of other health issues, our prayer is that surgery will prove not to be needed. Thank you, all!
Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My oncologist didn't like the sound of things, so my quarterly ScanFest got moved up by three weeks, to this Tuesday. Prayers that I'm still maintaining properly, and that Bad Cells are still being stomped, would be appreciated. It's scary, but I've got a ton of work this week, regardless of anything else.

For E [Votive]

Still thinking on my decision [Votive]

Praying through, for all, by name [Votive]

Ross // who really doesn't have time for this cancer crap

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying, praying, praying. [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
My oncologist didn't like the sound of things, so my quarterly ScanFest got moved up by three weeks, to this Tuesday. Prayers that I'm still maintaining properly, and that Bad Cells are still being stomped, would be appreciated. It's scary, but I've got a ton of work this week, regardless of anything else.

For E [Votive]

Still thinking on my decision [Votive]

Praying through, for all, by name [Votive]

Ross // who really doesn't have time for this cancer crap

[Votive]

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Finally have internet at home again and am able to read the thread and post.

Please continue to pray for the S I've been asking for prayers for. He has contacted a rehab place and is waiting for them to have a bed for him, but I don't know if he'll really go when they do.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Ariel's mum and her carer, Mrs. Offeiriad, Rossweisse and Nicole's S.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all intentions spoken and unspoken. Especially for the APW's mother, for all those we have lost, and for all who mourn.

Please pray too for baby E, who died not long after he was baptised, for his mother and all his family.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers for my OH - some further tests as a precaution, but the dr thinks she is OK, thank God!
Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Excellent news, Offeiriad - prayers still ascending.

[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Offeiriad’s wife R, for continued healing without surgery.

For healing - and swift completion of work - for Rossweisse. For E. For wisdom about this decision.

For Nicolemr’s S.

For APW’s mother.

For baby E, for his mother and all his family. Lord have mercy.

For funding and continued employment for me, P, and K.

For cousin I.

For R.

For S. and S.

For the Telemum.

For me to overcome those besetting sins!

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

and I was in hotel and they checked me about my pain and said I have to go to the doctor. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hope you can get some relief, Daisymay. Pain is debilitating.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
[Votive]

For all in any kind of trouble or difficulty.

For me: Dealing with a Big Thing (tm) on Tuesday morning, US Pacific time. Very scary, and could go very, very badly, despite my having done the right things. I'm sick from stress and all my usual stuff, but I have to be there. And I'll have to talk. Please pray for banishing/taming the bureaucratic and housing monsters, for a really good outcome in my favor, and for general health and upholding.

Thanks always.

Did not go well. Lots of fallout and activity for the next month and beyond. I'm at the "Help me, God, for the sea is so wide, and my boat is so small" point.

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For (((((daisymay))))), for healing.

For rescue for (((((Golden Key))))). [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Daisymay and Golden Key.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

For both Siraj and Shijith I met yesterday and their wives, both of whom are set to deliver their first child in the next few weeks.

And for all women/couples in a similar situation.

[Votive]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Things are holding (which is good) on the cancer front; indeed, my bod is better than it was in August, as an inflammation in my lungs has gone away. Deo gratias!

Still asking prayer for E and for the decision that I'm dithering over [Votive]

For Daisymay [Votive]

For Golden Key [Votive]

Praying for all in need, here and elsewhere [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Continuing prayers for C, for healing, peace and freedom from his pain. [Votive]

Prayers would be beneficial for CD, who should know the Lord's presence, and His mercy. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Rossweisse and E., WW's S. and S. and Mad Cat's C. and CD.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Continuing to hold us all in the Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joining you in prayer for all intentions, spoken and unspoken.

And asking your prayers for A, going into a second interview today at 3pm.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Should have asked this earlier but my daughter is having a phone interview for a job in just a few minutes, prayers that it goes well, please.

Prayers for all here.

And continue to pray for my S, please.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for my brother, his son, Cory, and their family as they cope with the sudden death of Cory's six month old baby boy this morning.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

[Votive] [Frown] ((lilypad))

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016