homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 53)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would really really appreciate prayers for a job interview I have on Friday morning. I keep trying to be grateful for my current job (at least I have one!), but it is sucking the joy from life, affecting my sleep, and making me feel battle-hardened, cynical and generally miserable. The job I'm interviewing for looks perfect on paper, and I will be heartbroken if I blow it. I feel really selfish asking for prayer for this when there are so many greater needs out there. But I would be so grateful. Thank you.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayer [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers ascending, JtL, for you and for all others in need.

[Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying for all, and especially JtL.

[Votive] Thank you for your prayers. My brother and his family made it in from Alaska to visit with the Aged P. Tomorrow my cousin will visit from New Jersey. The Pater is amazed by the numbers of visitors he's getting (including housekeepers on staff at Happydale), but he has always been friendly to and interested in others, and he is much loved as a result.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A young woman holding her two year old daughter jumped in front of a train at a western Sydney station this afternoon. The girl is critically injured and the mother was killed. So sad.. [Votive]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
About to make a Very Important Request of some Very Important People. This could change my whole life!!!

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Praying for [Votive] C [Votive] that he should take care.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would you please pray for our friend and fellow Shipmate, comet? Her spirit is in need of good and happy thoughts, and holding in the Light.
[Votive]

Thanks to all of you for your faithful caring for so many people.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for the mother who died, for the child's full recovery, for their families and friends, for the train driver, and for all who witnessed the tragic event.

[Votive] for Comet

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] comet
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My sister is very slowly recovering from the pneumonia she has had a while. The doctor said yesterday that one lung is clearing bu the other is still bubbly. I am very grateful that my DIL went to see her and then spent the next eight days looking after her.

[Votive] Comet.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
For those with worries or concerns.

For those in terrible situations.

Sending happy vibs to comet

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For R, a fairly new Christian whose husband has just died, and for their family.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light and for all concerns here - and particularly for Comet.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Comet.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Usual upholding, health, and private intentions for me, please.

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my dear friend, P. She had her third heart attack a couple of weeks ago, and today let me know that she's back in the hospital with an external defibrillator.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Struggling with touch-hunger. Been working from home for 5 years now - and while my legs have healed (but waiting for the scale to go from my left leg) and the weight comes down..

the very drive and desire I was scared of and tamped down by all the food makes its presence felt... touch hunger, sexual hunger.. the lot.

Need prayer support stat....

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would you please pray for my mother, the Dowager? At 91 she has just buried her younger son (my alcoholic brother) and heard that her best friend, ten years younger than herself and with whom she travelled the world, has died.

Her granddaughter, the Former Miss S (still Intrepid) is due to deliver her first child today - prayer for a safe and timely arrival would be appreciated also.

Thank you all [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Jack the Lass's interview this morning.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all that need prayers

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Response was positive! I hooked them, next I have to land them.

The Telemum goes to get her blood pressure checked in a couple of hours. Please pray that it's now within reasonable range.

Also I am very bogged down and I need a burst of productivity. kthx

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Please pray for my dear friend, P. She had her third heart attack a couple of weeks ago, and today let me know that she's back in the hospital with an external defibrillator.

I was mistaken. She had her fourth heart attack. P is to have surgery today to hopefully keep her alive. Please pray for success. [Votive]

--------------------

Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the sick, the dying, those in need of comfort and strength, those waiting and all who love them and care for them: Lord, hear our prayer.
Please pray that my husband continues to recover from the removal of a tumour; we are both thankful that he was well enough to come home on time (it looked in doubt for a couple of days) but there have been some significant unwanted side effects. Thank you.

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

Lord in Your Mercy, hear these prayers.
[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For jedijudy's P, for healing.

Thanks be, the Telemum's blood pressure is back down.

For me to get over this hump.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

P's surgery has been put off for insurance reasons. [Frown]
Please continue praying for her.

--------------------

Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially JJ's P.; the Dowager and the Former Miss S. (and Potential Intrepid Baby); Mr. Landlubber; and Telepath and the Telemum.

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Feeling tired and weak but need to get stuff done.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

...especially for our friends G & C in Australia and their kids A & E - G & C appear to be breaking up after many years together.

[Votive]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Comet [Votive]

Praying through, for all [Votive]

The Pater had a down day. I'm trying to figure out how to get back there for Christmas.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jack the Lass [Votive]

Alex C [Votive]

Comet [Votive]

saysay [Votive]

The young women abducted from school in Nigeria, getting on for two years ago now [Votive]

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Continuing to hold us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

I heard from my friend M, here in the village, last night that his elderly grandfather had just died. Prayers and upholding, please, for both him and the family.

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for my colleague, M, and his family, who will now be spending Christmas remembering their father, instead of being with him. [Votive]

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

There's never a good time for that to happen, Sipech, but this is a particularly bad time.

Prayers ascending for your friend and his family; may his father rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive]

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for the repose of the soul of a friend of a friend. E. had cancer, lived in immense pain and was told by his oncologist back in mid-August that he would only live 2 months. E. died yesterday.

Although his death cannot be called a surprise, my friend L. is still stunned and heartbroken. She and E. go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. So perhaps some prayers for strength for her, too.

Thank you.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

[Votive] For all who mourn. For Rossweisse to find the right solution to visiting Pater R at the right time.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

For my daughter's friend S. who only has a short time here left.

In Your Mercy dear Lord [Votive]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please, pray for my friend's son, very seriously ill.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016