homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Canada - God keep our land... (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Canada - God keep our land...
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So many things in this country to tear your hair out over right now.

And then the wild strawberries come out in the hydro field behind our place and all is better.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wild strawberries? Consider yourself lucky. I have rhubarb that is all of 3 inches high. Lilacs are almost open though.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dean Del Mastro, the disgraced former Peterborough MP, will be going to jail. He was sentenced to one month in jail, four months of house arrest, 18 months probation and has to pay $10,00 to the Peterborough Conservative Riding Association in improper expense claims.

Yeah, that sounds about right. [Two face]

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The video of him being led away in shackles will hopefully get all over Facebook in September.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A Canadian friend of mine suggested that a sentence of 20 years and a ban from participating in public life for life might have been better.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
A Canadian friend of mine suggested that a sentence of 20 years and a ban from participating in public life for life might have been better.

He may not run for public office for five years and, IIRC, his election agent got the same. These are good sentences and one hopes will send shivers among the appropriate crowd.
Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Possibly once five years have elapsed either (a) people will have forgotten about him; (b) his party won't want him as a candidate because he's a bit dodgy; or (c) even if they forgive him, people won't want to vote for him (because he's a bit dodgy).

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As one of Del Mastro's victims (I voted in the Riding of Peterborough in 2008) yes, yes they were good sentences. I had given a thought to doing down to the Provincial Court House to attend the sentencing, but I was on vacation and didn't know what day it was to be.

I have a friend who was Del Mastro's assistant for years and has political aspirations of his own; he bailed a while back and I am happy he did so.

As a five-time election staffer, I am very satisfied that justice has been done.

--------------------

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Canada Day, compatriots! Hope your relaxations and celebrations are good for body and soul.

Mine will be marked by a few efforts at home organization, a little gardening, probably BBQ and a Rickard's Red. You?

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Took the dog out for breakfast this morning. A 14 km round trip that included multiple stops for bouncing through swamps, swimming in the ocean, playing at the dog park and looking awfully cute in her bike trailer.

Do not understand how the city's setup crew can take away the trail by putting speakers on it - made for an interesting time trying to get by. Even had a bit of a set-to with the supervisor. Seems health and safety takes a holiday on Canada Day.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So my wife has a one-day conference in Charlottetown at the end of July, and we thought we'd turn it into a bit of a holiday. We're expecting to take a couple of extra days in Charlottetown, and to visit in and around Halifax for another 2-3 days. As we'll have to drive through NB both ways, we're open to taking a day or two somewhere in that province as well.

Have Shipmates any suggestions as to places to visit (NOT Anne of Green Gables, and a limit on the number of historical reconstructions, please)?

Thanks for any advice. (If you like to PM instead of replying on this thread, to avoid the tangent swamping it, feel free)

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hope everyone is having a good Canada Day! I should really have posted this just after midnight Newfoundland time, as we're the first to see the dawn, but I sort of didn't get round to it.

It was a beautiful day here: 19° and sunny but not sticky.

D. marked the occasion by playing music by or arranged by composers with Canadian connections at his weekly organ recital.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by John Holding:
Have Shipmates any suggestions as to places to visit ...
John

In New Brunswick, try the Rocks at Hopewell Cape - a bit more touristy than when I was younger, but I still like to visit. You have to schedule a visit at both high and low tides to get the real feel for it. You can find the tide times on-line here.

St. Stephen is a nice little town. I sort of liken it to Victoria, perhaps because I think of both as retirement-like places.

Whale watching, if it is in season. Perhaps off Grand Manan Island (ferry from Black's Harbour). You can book them on-line. We used these guys - unlimited fish chowder!

Hartland, N.B. has the longest covered bridge in the world - and is the home of former premier Richard Hatfield. A quick side trip off the highway.

Of course, you will have to find a lobster supper, or a few, somewhere. Often held in church halls, this is a must, right?

Have a great trip! these guys

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

quote:
Originally posted by John Holding:
... Have Shipmates any suggestions as to places to visit (NOT Anne of Green Gables, and a limit on the number of historical reconstructions, please)?

You have something against our patron saint??? [Paranoid]

For an amazing park experience, check out the trail at Greenwich. It is part of the National Park but separated from all things touristy.

The lobster supper at New Glasgow is not to be missed. Skip lunch and arrive at 4 pm and expect to be in awe of the whole thing from start to finish. If you are picky eaters, go to Fisherman's Wharf in North Rustico instead. Apparently The Feast at the Inn at Bay Fortune is going to be quite a thing to do as well.

If you are up for a drive, head for North Cape to see where the Northumberland Strait and the Gulf waters meet. The restaurant in the centre there is very nice. The beach at West Point is lovely and offers the option of an overnight stay in the lighthouse.

Let me know if you have more Island adventures in mind.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
@John Holding
Halifax area, may I recommend taking the ferry to Dartmouth and then walking to other terminal on the Darthmouth side (Woodside). Get a 'transfer' when you board, it is good for I think 90 mins. Long enough for the 1½ or so stroll on the Darthmouth side between ferry stations.

The Immigration Museum is worth the admission. They have a free evening one night a week maybe it's Thurs. They have guided tours from volunteers who came through the port of Halifax. It's near Pier 21. (I know one of the people in the video shown at the start.)

You can get deals on a pint and pound of mussels many places. I had this for $14 last week in Lunenberg. Halifax is more expensive.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
@John Holding ...The Immigration Museum is worth the admission. They have a free evening one night a week maybe it's Thurs. They have guided tours from volunteers who came through the port of Halifax. It's near Pier 21. (I know one of the people in the video shown at the start.)...

Just to clarify, it is at Pier 21. And yes, a very worthwhile visit. http://www.pier21.ca/home I am not aware of there being a free evening.
The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is very good as well. https://maritimemuseum.novascotia.ca/

--------------------

Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I second the nomination of the Maritime Museum. The Titanic and Halifax Explosion exhibits are particularly well done and memorable.
# 3200

11 weeks of election dross [Frown]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:
11 weeks of election dross [Frown]

[Mad] We're getting more and more like the Excited States everyday! 37 day election campaigns were so wonderful. Even in the old days, we never had more than 6 weeks!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having worked elections, I do not think that more than 28 days is needed, providing for two canvasses-- after that, it is only useful for those selling advertising space.

I find that the election news is not as painful when it is in French and only half-comprehended. The telephone canvassing has begun in Ottawa Centre....

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Eh? Chez NPD, two canvasses isn't even trying. Riverdale, you know.

--------------------

Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

For time out of mind, in Ottawa Centre the tradition is two canvasses by the NDP and the Liberals, and one by the Conservatives. One year I got the Greens and the CPC-ML do a leaflet drop. I've already had Conservative and Liberal telephone canvasses, but I am not counting them, as the writ has not yet been dropped.
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Meh. Canvasses are done by volunteers, so the costs are negligible either way.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On telephone. Doorbell rings. I go to door. With riding changes it's stupid man who replaces last stupid man. He tries to hand me his pamphlet. I take it and hand it back and point to recycling bin. This is my best interaction with a politician from That Party ever. With riding changes, we are not electing animals from that party in my riding, I hope.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Mulcair is coming to Peterborough tomorrow. Which means Federal Office thinks this riding is in play.

And tonight, it's The Beard vs. The Hair vs. Darth Harper. My money's on the Ours d'Outremont. [Devil]

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Grudge Match! Grudge Match!

Gilles Duceppe has filed his papers to run in his old riding, Laurier--Ste.-Marie against Helene Laverdiere of the NPD.

[Devil]

This is going to be good.

--------------------

Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

I was walking through Laurier-Sainte Marie on Friday afternoon, and it was well-papered with Laverdière posters and a decent sprinkling of Christine Poirier posters (the Liberal candidate). My three friends in the riding tell me that there have been no canvasses and one was not aware of the MP's name (not a surprise in a downtown area). Once upon a time it would have been a Bloc walkover, but times have changed....

I had my lunch (Le Dépanneur on Bernard, with jazz chanteuse Renée Yoxon on the keys) & dinner in Outremont (Boca Iberica, on Rachel), where there was creditable sign battle between Mr Mulcair and Rachel Bendayan, although I think that the race is as good as settled there.

Ottawa Centre is only lightly signed so far, as the first canvass is only now happening. The NDP have visited me and, Ottawa beint small, I knew one of the canvassers from my former employment. Mr Dewar (NDP) was cheerful and energetic at today's Pride (madras shirt, walking shorts and birkenstocks) parade, and Liberal Catherine McKenna (red dress and open-toe white pumps) in a three-legged race with sitting MLA Yasir Naqvi (casual khaki trousers, and open-necked dress shirt). They were all well-received by the crowd and the Tory Pride contingent got a bit of polite applause-- one of them told me afterward when I met her in the louche confines of Bridgehead Coffee that they had expected a hostile reception-- things are a bit chilly at the doorstep. Canadians are polite, I suggested, and she told me that she thanked God for that.

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

I have a friend in the riding next door who is running for the NDP, and his sign campaign is well underway. Being a rural riding with four towns and five villages, canvassing has always been challenging there.

Peterborough, or as it is now Peterborough--Kawartha* is interesting though nobody has signs up yet in the city. Mulcair visted here two weeks ago, which means that the central campaign thinks the riding is in play.

The Tories have opened their campaign office on the other corner of the intersection across from my place of work. I keep wanting to ask them if they plan to win this time, without cheating. [Two face]

Somewhat fittingly, their campaign office is only a block away from the Provincial Court House where Del Mastro has his famous cuffed walk in to the paddy wagon. Most convenient, eh? [Snigger]

*Peterborough had its first major redistribution since the 1960's this round which hived off two townships and gave them to Northumberland.

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Other than writing a cheque for the local NDP candidate, I am finding it difficult to develop any enthusiasm this early in the campaign.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have no patience with the bullshit that is flying at me from all the parties. None of which I can find it in my heart to support, but I WILL vote, Anyone but Harper or his local minion.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

I was on the telephone when the local Conservative incumbent came to the door thus answeres with shoe to ear. I recognized him immediately and without a word between us and apoarently no conscious thought on mine, I instinctively pointed to the recycling bin when he tried to hand me his handbill. I almost felt sorry for him when I noticed his startled response. Maybe he'll have thought I thought him a Jehovah Witness. I told the dog about it and she approved of what I had done.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As we still haven't reached the giddying heights of citizenship, we can't vote, so we have an easy reply if we get canvassed.

At least that way we can abstain with a clear conscience; when I had a vote, I always felt that it was my duty to exercise it, even if I thought that all the candidates were plonkers*.

* I lived in Northern Ireland for 15 years; I know a plonker when I see one ... [Snigger]

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes - it's strange to be unable to vote, after a lifetime of voting even when I knew my vote would have no effect whatsoever on the result (I've usually lived in deeply Conservative constituencies, apart from time spent in a deeply Labour town in t'North).

If I DID have a vote, it would be going to either Greens or NDP. Harper is a complete t**t. Trudeau just annoys me for some reason.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since coming to Canada, I have found that the word "awesome" is used constantly. My sermon was "Awesome!" The hymns on Sunday were "Awesome!" My choice of meal at the restaurant was declared by our waitress to be "Awesome!"

I've tried to use the word myself, albeit in an ironic, British way. But recently I have found the word popping out of my lips quite unexpectedly. Is this normal? Is my condition terminal? Help!

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

In times past, Commonwealth citizens could vote in Canadian elections after some period of residency, something like 3 or 6 months I think. I'm not sure when it changed.

The "awesome" thing is relatively new. I compare it to "brilliant" which has had excessive shining bright use in the UK to my ears. But the current one that gets me is "no problem", which is said as a replacement for "you're welcome", most recently heard when I asked for a replacement fork at a restaurant. I should certainly hope there's no problem in giving me a weapon to eat with!

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
Since coming to Canada, I have found that the word "awesome" is used constantly. My sermon was "Awesome!" The hymns on Sunday were "Awesome!" My choice of meal at the restaurant was declared by our waitress to be "Awesome!"

I've tried to use the word myself, albeit in an ironic, British way. But recently I have found the word popping out of my lips quite unexpectedly. Is this normal? Is my condition terminal? Help!

It was reported that the citizens of Shorncliffe, Kent developed numerous Canadian linguistic traits as that was the main transit barracks for the CEF in WWI. Locals replied with "sure" instead of "yes", and even formed a baseball league.

So you seem quite normal. By Canadian standards, anyway. [Razz]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
In times past, Commonwealth citizens could vote ... I'm not sure when it changed.

Probably about a month before we moved here; they always seem to move the bureaucratic goal-posts just as we're getting close, so I don't see why the voting rules should be any different ... [Paranoid]

I don't think I've picked up the word "awesome" in speech yet (I hope not anyway), although I've occasionally used it (in an ironic, British way of course) on Facebook. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

The right of Commonwealth citizens to vote in Canadian elections was removed in the seventies, I think. A good friend and his wife (English/Scottish- when did mixed marriages become legal?) voted quite happily for several years without taking citizenship. But once the boys were born, and just after the Feds stopped (I think Ontario went on a few more years) they took citizenship since they were unlikely to ever remove to the UK again.

The kids grew up speaking English and Scawts and when they went to school, broad Trawna English mingled with Italian phraseology, much to the horror of their parents.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
But the current one that gets me is "no problem", which is said as a replacement for "you're welcome", most recently heard when I asked for a replacement fork at a restaurant. I should certainly hope there's no problem in giving me a weapon to eat with!

At least they didn't say, "no sweat".

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

I say no problem and I'm 51 last Sunday.

But then I have a man bag with strap from the Army surplus store.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
... English/Scottish- when did mixed marriages become legal?

1603, with the Union of the Crowns? [Killing me]

I can heartily recommend that sort of mixed marriage! [Smile]

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
The kids grew up speaking English and Scawts and when they went to school, broad Trawna English mingled with Italian phraseology, much to the horror of their parents.

We're told on the prairies that Scottishisms are the origin for many words and usages. These come to mind: shinny, slough, bluff, bannock, gotch, ach aye, neeps. How is it that Ukrainians like bagpipes so much and there's so many Scots down behind the Perogy Curtain?

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

The Scots (think of the fur trade) and the Scots Metis were there before the Ukes... and you'd like bagpipe music too, if you had to grow up listening to it without any choice.

Aside: My friends would open the windows of their house at midnight on New Year's Eve and blast the mostly Italian neighbourhood with a record of massed bagpipe bands played at top volume. [Killing me] while Granny brought out a bottle of her best single malt (If she were visiting)

--------------------

Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

I refer shipmates to CBC Ideas recent broadcast Lord Selkirk's Manitoba settlement for some innocent diversion on this topic.
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gagged... This confounded general election is creating social problems. My good neighbour, good friend and fellow presbyterian now has a lawn sign favouring a witless Conservative candidate who is long past his 'best by' date. Normally, I could cope with this, and a little good natured ragging would do no harm. However, the good neighbour is also the surgeon who is due to do my routine colonoscopy in a few weeks... Unaccustomed silence and discretion are probably in order.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Wise words, ST - you really don't want to go round insulting a bloke who's going to do that ... [Eek!]

--------------------

Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:
My good neighbour has a lawn sign favouring a witless Conservative candidate... the good neighbour is also the surgeon who is due to do my routine colonoscopy in a few weeks

Your neighbour has an affinity for assholes?
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
quote:
My good neighbour has a lawn sign favouring a witless Conservative candidate... the good neighbour is also the surgeon who is due to do my routine colonoscopy in a few weeks

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
quote:

Ah... Thanks for that. If he ever gets wind of this conversation I'm going to have to tell him I'm just joking; I'm really a Tory. Then I'll be ostracised on the Ship.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stercus Tory?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016