homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Various Islands in the North Atlantic (Page 33)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  58  59  60 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Various Islands in the North Atlantic
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Are there any other hikers on the ship?

After a couple of years of injuries, I've been back on the trails again. Started on the North Downs Way a couple of weeks ago and have gone from Farnham to Oxted thus far.

There are some dreary stretches, and the proximity of the M25 in places is a pain, but there are some spectacular views in places (not least the amusing sight of seeing a pheasant - which had turned its head to look at me - run full pelt into a goat [Killing me] ).

Have done the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path before and the eastern half of the South Downs Way. Any other trails that folk have done and/or would recommend?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tapas day at the office today - we've each brought something in, so have patatas bravas with aioli, some delicious homemade olive bread rolls, sliced Spanish meats, chorizo, calamari rings with tomato and garlic, Spanish cheese, black olives, grapes, and Thai chicken kebabs. What was left by midday was taken outside for a lunchtime picnic. Perfect for this weather!

[ 01. July 2015, 13:20: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes but not recently. About a decade ago I did the section of the Pembroke Costal path around St David's with this group and also did St Cuthbert's Way with them.

This year hoping to do St Hilda's Way as it fits with other holiday arrangements. The snag being that the first day looks as if it has to be sixteen miles!

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Sipech: Are there any other hikers on the ship?
When I was studying in Swansea, I was a member of the university's Rambling Society, and we did a lot of good hikes around Wales (a beautiful country). This included parts of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path. I love St Davids/Tyddewi!

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
All Australia knows jugs! And I met him and stayed with him in 2011.

If memory serves correctly, he may have been among the Australians my wife and I met back in 2003.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm just watching Hampton Court a flower Show on TV, Monty Don is in a long sleevd shirt and jacket out in the sun and looking relatively cool!

I went there today as we had booked tickets but it really was too warm to appreciate it and we didn't see most of the show gardens as we didn't have the energy/motivation to walk over to them.

It was even too hot to have the Pimm or prosecco we'd taken!
Very impressed with the staff who must have been very uncomfortable but got on with it, and to everyone working in hot conditions today and having to deal with the General Public.

Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chocoholic:
... It was even too hot to have the Pimms ...

Crikey! [Eek!]

It's been a lovely day here - sunny, 19°C and not too sticky. As it's Canada Day, it was a public holiday; my intention had been to go in to w*rk as I need to start building up time to take holidays later in the year, but the froglet in my throat appears to have developed into a full-blown summer cold, and I was feeling sufficiently bleurgh that I had a lie-in instead.

Then, after D's concert, we went down to the Irish Loop coffee house for coffee, a sandwich and v. good toffee cheesecake.

On the way down, D. suggested that I might like to drive part of the way; I hadn't driven the Pigletmobile yet, and the road was fairly quiet. (Apparently my British licence is valid because it's less than three months since I was in the UK, although whether I'd have been covered if I'd had a prang may have been a different matter [Eek!] ). Not that there was much chance of a prang: the speed limit on that bit of the road is 80km/h (less than 50mph), which even to this devoted disciple of Captain Slow is really not very fast.

I quite enjoyed it though - it made me think that maybe I should consider taking a test here, although that prospect fills me with horror!

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another walker here. I've walked the Pennine Way and most of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path plus large chunks of the Thames path of the long distance paths. I keep eyeing up the Cuthbert Way, St Oswald's Way, Offa's Dike, Coast to Coast ... but haven't organised myself to do them.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A couple of years ago I hiked the Great Glen with my parents. It crosses Scotland from coast to coast, taking in the lakes (notably Loch Ness). Magnificent scenery, only moderately arduous. We did one of those self-guided things where you set off with just your backpack for the day and the holiday company transfers the rest of your luggage to the next B&B* for you. Highly recommended.

*Various levels of luxury are available – youth hostel, B&B or hotel. It’s worth paying for B&B because you get an enormous cooked breakfast included, and if you’re going to walk 10 miles a day, you need to eat well in the morning.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
D. and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary this evening with dinner at a v. nice little restaurant called Aqua Kitchen and Bar. The food was interesting without being pretentious, and I hope will have done my cold some good.

Before we started they brought bread with a spicy sun-dried tomato spread, and then little circles of cucumber with a smoked-salmon pâté (I got both of those as D. doesn't like smoked salmon [Big Grin] ).

Then after a shared starter of olives and feta with chargrilled bread, D. had lamb tagine with couscous, and I had tandoori-spiced salmon with baby potatoes, cucumber raita, pickled carrots, roasted cauliflower and a poppadum, all of which was spiced to just the right degree of spiciness.

Sadly, they've stopped offering a cheese-board* [Frown] , but I had a couple of forkfuls of D's toutons with toffee pecan nuts and vanilla-bean ice-cream, which was nice, if somewhat sweet.

With a bottle of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, it was all really rather good.

I'm still a v. snufflous piglet: I'm glad I didn't feel like this on this day 27 years ago ... [Help]

* I can sort of understand: it's really hard to get decent cheese here without paying an arm and a leg for it, so perhaps it's not worth their while.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many congratulations Piglet - hope the snuffles soon disappear.

I am off to work now for the penultimate day before the summer. After that I will be teaching every Tuesday and only Art - hurrah! (back to my roots, my teaching degree was in Art) I am sliding into retirement nicely.

Now I will say farewell to the Ship for the weekend - what on Earth will I read over breakfast - 'tis outrage!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm feeling Highly Virtuous as I got up early, vacuumed and then shampooed the carpets in the living room and front hall. That meant moving out the furniture. It's a lovely day so it will all dry quickly.

Mrs. BT has ben making polite and subtle hints about getting this done for a very long time ...

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having ordered three boxes of mixed antirrhinums, and planted them all out in various pots and tubs, how did I manage to get all the yellow ones, plus one solitary dark red one in one pot?

Lovely sun, but too hot for us - we being two of the elderly people you have to look out for in a heat wave! [Biased]

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That food sounds delicious Piglet [Smile]

Today is my favourite day of the week as Friday is Feast Day here in the Heavenly household. I am cooking up an Egyptian themed meal: slow cooked spiced lamb, roasted aubergine with garlic and chilli, fattoush (pitta bread salad) and sauces, followed by yoghurt, honey, roasted apricots, figs, pistachios and dates. We are then watching David Suchet's Death on the Nile. Hubby and I will sip gin and tonics to ward off the malaria.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could I drop round? Sounds delicious!!!
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicodemia:
Lovely sun, but too hot for us - we being two of the elderly people you have to look out for in a heat wave! [Biased]

Too hot for anyone here. 36°C today, which actually feels quite tolerable compared to 39° the other day (haven’t said much about this here because the topic is more fitted for hell…)

This is definitely go slow weather. I think people are definitely being much more careful than in the past though. Last time it was this hot (2003) people literally died. The other day I must have downed at least two litres of water during the day and then I went to a medical appointment on the way out of work and got told off by the doctor for being dehydrated [Help]

This weekend we have a concert with the orchestra. Mercifully they’re “only” forecasting 30°C because we’re playing in a theatre with no air-con. There will be lots of people and bright lights. It’s going to be a sauna. The main topic of conversation among the musicians is not the music but “What on earth are we going to wear? Are we allowed to play in bathing costumes?”

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

According to the Weather Channel, it was 25° here today (and that was at the airport, where it's usually a few degrees cooler than in town).

I can't say I've really noticed it though, as I was feeling so miserable when I woke up that D. practically forbade me from going in to w*rk, so today has been a sofa-and-teddy-bear day.

Having opened the windows for a wee while in the morning when it wasn't too hot, I closed them again, and it seems to have done the trick: the middle floor (where we have our TV den and spend most of our time) didn't feel too hot at all.

[ 03. July 2015, 20:19: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not sure how much into the 30s it was here today but the ink in my printer has dried out [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had good weather for camping this weekend - at least, those of us who didn't go for Friday night! Lots of sunshine, with enough clouds that it didn't get too hot - and warm enough for the children to play lots of water games [Cool] Perfect, too, for the walk up to the Uffington White Horse - and the break in the pub garden on the way back to the campsite... [Biased]

I think it may have been the first time since I started camping (3 years ago) that it hasn't rained on the morning of departure. And it's the first time Mr B hasn't been with me... [Razz] (And we won't gloat at all about getting the tent back into the bag at the first attempt, will we???)

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely break - off to Compton Verney (art gallery in rural Warwickshire) to see the Arts & Crafts exhibition and the William Morris wildflower meadow. Interesting and worth a visit. A long sunlit weekend with country gardens, fragrant flowers, tranquil streams and good food - how it should be.
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

After a bakingly hot Saturday, the rain poured down at the start of this year's Ipswich Music Day. This is a large-scale event which fills a big park and features performances on 6 stages, in 2 adjacent churches and in the Museum in the park. However it brightened up as the day wore on.

New this year was a Church of England stage which featured live acts all day, culminating in a Service in the evening. This featured a lot of music (most of it loud, but also featuring local choristers), several video inserts of "what the church is doing" - a neighbourhood café, a breakfast family service, street pastors, even a testimony complete with film of believers' baptism. There was also a short message from the Bishop.

We did get briefly drizzled on but it was highly worthwhile and showed that the Church ain't dead yet!

[ 06. July 2015, 11:43: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fab, FAB, FAB! few days in Mysore - after his mum urged him to join us and said she'd be okay without him neighbour boy V came as well and he really made the whole trip for us as he had never been out of the state before and was completely bedazzled. He'd never seen a zoo before either and, as it is a pretty good zoo, was spellbound by it.

Aren't tigers big?

V was also Very Annoying as he slept a young man's sleep - even on a bus he would decide to sleep and he'd be asleep! He didn't snore either, which was a blessing.

And now I've been invited away later in the week so at supper have to negotiate as to whether another little break is permissible so close to this last one - my friend J is back from Africa for a little while so I really would like to go, it must be 2 years since I saw him.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I loved Mysore and I really really loved the Mysore zoological gardens. That made the trip for me way back in the dark ages of the new century. I hate the trip up, but the zoo and the palace would tempt me sorely!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Summer seems to have temporarily departed: it's currently 7° and even I'm feeling a wee bit brrrrr; I even deployed the blanket on the sofa (which has been rolled up for at least a couple of weeks) this afternoon.

Obviously, the solution to this problem is CAKE, so I'm in the process of making lemon loaf cakes, which should be ready for virtual tasting quite soon.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a very good weekend in the Netherlands. Especially spending some time with my nephew and niece (who don't see me that often) was wonderful.

Now back in the UK, it seems to be a bit cooler indeed. To be honest, I don't mind that much.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today is puppy day, or P day as I like to call it - haha! I could not be more ready for her arrival, so I'm just thumb twiddling now and Tatze is snoozing after a long morning walk - little does she know how soon her peace will be shattered! Luckily, she loves all dogs and especially puppies, so she will be fine.

Twiglet is arriving at 1pm with my supervisor, she is seven weeks old and a yellow Labrador x Golden Retriever just like Gypsy. It will have been a long journey for her from the breeding centre in Leamington Spa (they spend a week there with their littermates being assessed for suitability as guide dogs) Two others are coming up north, so she won't be alone in the van. I will start a blog all about her as soon as I have the first photo!

She got her name care of the ITV fundraising show Text Santa.

Good news about Gypsy, her training is going really well. He kennel mate at school is a dog she knows, who came to the same puppy class. She's loving all her free runs with her boarders, who she spends her evenings and weekends with. AND one of my photos of her is going to star in the Guide Dogs official calendar and family organiser this year. Hurrah!

[Yipee]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

It’s cooled down quite a bit today – 30°, which after last week doesn’t feel very hot at all, and tomorrow it’s going all the way down to 22°. I’m looking forward to it – these temperatures are tiring.

We’ve discovered that because of the absurdly hot weather, the powers that be have been leaving some of the parks open 24/7. We have made the executive decision that if it gets that hot again, we are going to retrieve our camping mats from the cellar and go sleep outside. Our fifth-floor apartment was a sauna last week.

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That all sounds great, Boogie! You've probably already said and I've just forgotten - how old is Twiglet?

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How exciting Boogie! [Big Grin]

I have an ear infection and it's making my head all muzzy. I'm trying to take my mind of it so I spent this morning cutting glass for my kiln and hopefully this afternoon it'll be clear enough for me to concentrate on sewing the nurses dress.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A mildly warm 32.3°C here this afternoon and the fan is gently wafting the air around the room. Humidity currently 70%.

I love my new digital thermometer/hygrometer thingy!

Old man in the village died last week, he's always seemed a little frail but I was shocked to learn he was only 63 - three years younger than me! A rather sobering thought.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Yes, I'm only 2 years younger than the age my father unexpectedly died at. It is a sobering thought.

In other news, just awaiting a 48 hour rail strike starting Wednesday pm. I'm hoping what will happen is that my usual train won't, for once, be delayed by waiting for the usual suspects, and I may even get home on time i.e. an hour early.

[ 07. July 2015, 11:53: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
It’s cooled down quite a bit today – 30° ...

[Eek!] [Help] [Eek!]

That is all.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

I played a round of golf today, for the first time in my life. Afterwards the people told me "LeRoc, you're rubbish, but not as rubbish as we thought you would be." I'm not going to be choosy when it comes to compliments [Big Grin]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Yes, I'm only 2 years younger than the age my father unexpectedly died at. It is a sobering thought.

Both my father and Mr. S's died before retirement - mine 10 years before, Mr. S's maybe 5 - so we've already outlasted them. It's a horrible feeling when your contemporaries start dying off though, and working in the church office you get to see exactly how old everyone was when they shuffled off this mortal coil.

In other and more pleasant news, Mr. S reaches his 65th birthday today. I've been teasing him by saying he can retire now, but he gave up paid w*rk (thank you Piglet) 5 and a half years ago - been busier than ever, since then.

One of our friends, who was actually in his eighties, was buried the other day and his children had put together just a very small table-ful of mementoes of his life. A Masai spear, walking boots, secateurs, and the door ornament from the car belonging to a Ugandan President [Eek!] that sort of thing. I told Mr. S his would be a pile of broken laptops, a GPS for the geocaching, and a couple of tinned meat pies for the Food Bank [Killing me]

Mrs. S, wondering what hers would hold [Confused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

That could be a fun idea for a Heaven thread if you wanted to start one.
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Memento vita?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Twiglet arrived yesterday, she is a tiny wee sweetheart weighing only 3Kg!

Photos on my blog below - and many more to come!

| |
| |
v v

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

She is very sweet! [Smile]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

What a wee cutie!

PS Happy birthday, Mr. S! [Smile]

[ 08. July 2015, 13:49: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was wondering how you were all getting on Boogie. Is she smaller than Gypsy was, I can't believe that she will be as big as Tatze is a year or so!

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a beautiful, sweet puppy! And Tatze is being such a nice big sister.

I love that her brothers will be nearby.

Give her (and Tatze) hugs from me.

[Axe murder]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She is just gorgeous! Hard to believe she will grow up to be a big guide dog!!
Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She is so cute!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sweeeeet.

Have just had the full toddler baby-sitting experience - mess at both ends - and got them into bed just before their mum got back.

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boogie, lock up the bog roll!

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Off to the allotment this evening, and came back with two massive courgettes weighing a total of 6.5 lb, a large beetroot (the first of many) and a bunch of lavender. [Cool]

Now to find a home for the two huge courgettes. I was thinking of taking them into the office, then remembered there's a rail strike tomorrow and don't want to lug them about on overcrowded trains.

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Oh dear.

Twiglet is in hospital [Tear]

She was right as rain until 11am, when she had her second feed. Then awful runny diarrhea and vomiting. She soon became lethargic and dehydrated. I took her straight to the vet and they sent me to the veterinary hospital, luckily both are very nearby.

She is on a drip and four different medications - they tested her for Parvo virus and it isn't that, thank goodness.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

What a terrible shock for you ((Boogie)) I hope they can sort it out quickly.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh poor Twiglet (and poor Boogie) - I hope they sort her out really soon. She really is a beauty, she needs to be running round playing with big sister Tatze.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Twiglet and Boogie
[Votive]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  58  59  60 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016