homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Various Islands in the North Atlantic (Page 35)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  58  59  60 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Various Islands in the North Atlantic
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't for the life of me see the correlation between black jumpers, straight skirts and not being "nice", but I suspect that Loth's mum is not the same generation as me ...

Mine wouldn't allow me to have a fringe, which I think she regarded as "common" - hair always had to be "out of the eyes, dear".

After the (admittedly short-lived) monsoon* we had yesterday, the sun is now splitting the rocks, it's 19° and forecast to go up to 24°.

Never a dull moment, eh?

* You can have it back now, Wodders. [Devil]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lots of dull moments here this week. It's either grey and dripping or grey and humid. Bah. Bring back the sunshine! Please [Smile]

As a child, I wasn't allowed short skirts. So you can guess what I bought lots of once I was living alone and buying my own clothes... [Two face]

[ 14. July 2015, 13:58: Message edited by: Beethoven ]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicodemia:
quote:
My mother always said that nice girls did not wear black jumpers or straight skirts. I did not know what she meant..
Did you find out, Lothlorian? [Two face]
Yes, Nicodemia. University is a great eye opener to a sheltered young girl.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a dreadful fight with the Dowager when I was about 15. In those days magazines sold sewing kits - the material all cut out, with all the bits and pieces you needed to make whatever it might be - and I wanted to buy

***wait for it ***

A TROUSER SUIT! [Devil]

In light brown cord it could hardly have been more respectable, but I had to put up with a whole lot of tripe about my father's position in the community (he was head of the local C of E primary school) before I got permission. Now, it just doesn't seem possible - it was the late '60s, after all [Ultra confused]

Mrs. S, shaking her head in wonder [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I remember those kits.

I had a trouser suit - bright apple green with flared trousers and a tunic top with mandarin collar.

I also remember feeling a bit of a rebel the first time I wore it to church!

Those were the days...

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a kit too! In this case it was a mother and daughter identical dress - daughter looked cute! I looked, well, a lady of the 60's!!! Neat floral, brown background, with white collars and cuffs.

Aaah!

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I never could sew, though I crocheted myself a multi-coloured floor length waistcoat. Not sure what my mum thought of it, though she did manage to get rid of my purple cloak on the grounds that she thought I didn't want it any more. grrrr.
My mum always told me that nice girls didn't put mascara on their lower eye lashes.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Apparently nice girls, even now, don't wear nail varnish. So it's a good job I never aspired to be a nice girl. (300 bottles of nail varnish and counting. Some of them older than the manicurists who paint my nails).
Posts: 291 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cloth Kits still make kits to sew your own clothes. They use very expensive fabrics though. Their doll kits look cute.
Yesterday I made my Tudor kirtle - it took me all day. Today I hand sewed 18 eyelets down the front for lacing - they took me 3 hours to sew and I have very holey fingers now. I'm about to start on the sleeves, which are tied on separately. The finished garment is like the ones being worn by the re-enactors in this which was taken at Kentwell.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh my, HA - I still have a Clothkits nappy changing bag that my aunt made for Master S about 34 years ago!

(it didn't get much use, but it was very stylish!)

Mrs. S, who also has the Mothercare box that replaced it, now in use as her sewing box [Smile]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kittyville:
Apparently nice girls, even now, don't wear nail varnish ...

Really? [Waterworks]

I very rarely go out without nail varnish, but then, maybe I'm just not very nice. [Two face]

It's St. Swithin's Day, and it's p*ssing with rain again. Oh well, brollies for the next 40 days ... [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Are you sure that the St. Swithin's thing applies in the New World?
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
Apparently nice girls, even now, don't wear nail varnish ...

Really? [Waterworks]

I very rarely go out without nail varnish, but then, maybe I'm just not very nice. [Two face]

It probably goes back to the days when nail varnish was only available in Old Lady Neutral (in which case it wouldn't be visible) or Tart Scarlet.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I never go out without nail varnish and have shellac polish put on by my manicurist once a fortnight - it lasts that long - no chips!

I have a different colour every week, pastel in spring, bright in the summer and dark in the winter. The only colours I never have are yellow and green, they simply do not look right.

Today I am wearing sparkly fuschia [Big Grin]

(I have good reason for 24/7 nail polish - psoriasis, but life is sooo much easier since shellac arrived, I used to be forever doing my nails to keep them decent looking. Normal polish chips far too quickly if you are a busy person!)

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beethoven:
Lots of dull moments here this week. It's either grey and dripping or grey and humid. Bah. Bring back the sunshine! Please [Smile]

I have too much sunshine. Take it. Please.

Being Scottish and having little experience of sunshine, I didn't know that when you are on holiday and the temperature is in the very high 30s and low 40s you not only need to stay hydrated, you also need to replenish salt lost through sweat. And there is no salt in a diet of ice cream, more ice cream and frozen yogurt.

Meh. At least too much rain doesn't result in muscle cramps and ...ummm...digestive upsets.
[Hot and Hormonal]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Apparently nice girls, even now, don't wear nail varnish.

Oh dear - it's all the rage amongst the young things in my office. Some of them even paint alternate nails in different colours.

I quite like nail varnish myself, but find that after a couple of applications and removals my nails split very easily, so I've given up on it. My favourite shades were the iridescent ones, a kind of rainbow pearl for preference, but I've had gold, metallic ones and even bright pink. I could never take to the plain bright reds.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I usually go for something neutral and a little bit pearly (probably one step on from Sioni's Old Lady Neutral), but I've also got silver sparkly stuff that comes out at Christmas (once a year is enough as it's a pain in the ar$e to remove), and every so often I'll have a Gothic moment and paint them black: it can look quite good if you put on enough coats.

I've even been known to resort to Tart Scarlet. [Devil]

I wonder if any rain at all on St. Swithin's Day counts: it's cleared away now, and looks as if it's going to be a really nice evening. And the CBC forecaster said it would be 23° with a Humidex of 28 tomorrow ... [Eek!]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tart scarlet, Piglet? I thought you were such a nice girl too.

My small granddaughters can spend a couple of hours doing their nails in varied colours. One morning here they even painted their dad's toenails in an aqua colour. It lasted till we returned them to their mum for the next fortnight.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I paint mine all sorts of colours, usually paler tones and often pearly or sparkly; I sometimes use decals too. I don't like tart reds though, nothing deeper than tomato.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I did my toenails sparkly gold on my 60th birthday but since then have only used it to mark my thongs [footwear, not underwear!] so I can spot which are mine when coming out of mass.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

That must look good, WW! I mark my letterbox key with some purple to distinguish it from four other similar keys.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Tart scarlet, Piglet? I thought you were such a nice girl too.

Oh I am; I just have naughty fingernails. [Snigger]

--------------------

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me] I have midnight blue toes at the moment, with a colourful sparkle top coat. Haven't got around to doing my fingernails yet, but we're going to a spa hotel for a couple of nights soon, so I'll hopefully get a manicure then [Smile]

And I never claimed to be a nice girl either... [Razz]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I do wonder, as Good Christian Women, you feel it is appropriate to colour your nails, thus flaunting yourselves in front of the opposite sex, to whom you may not be married and not behaving in a modest and submissive manner. (Eph 5:22)

[Devil]

In memory of a Pastor I once knew. Who also wanted us to wear hats in church. [Eek!]

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
quote:
Originally posted by Nicodemia:
quote:
My mother always said that nice girls did not wear black jumpers or straight skirts. I did not know what she meant..
Did you find out, Lothlorian? [Two face]
Yes, Nicodemia. University is a great eye opener to a sheltered young girl.
I have had such a sheltered life I haven't got a clue what you are on about! Enlighten me.....please?
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having treated myself to some (wait for it) coloured mascara last week, the smallish-children at school commented on it when i went in to bid them all a rally summer holiday. I really didn't think it was that bright.....

Apparently, one of them loves me, and another one wishes I was his mum [Eek!]

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Coloured mascara? What colour did you choose - I've never got past brown or black though I did briefly try blue eyeliner.

I did, however, have green eyeshadow back in the 70s before switching to a dark charcoal grey that made me look as if I'd been punched, but hey, it was the 70s, man.

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hate summer colds. End of.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
I hate summer colds. End of.

You and me both, St. G. I'm still not completely right - the cough just doesn't want to go away. D. decided that for medicinal purposes (for both of us - he's had a bit of it too) we should go to a lovely local Indian restaurant for lunch today, and I think he was just right. They were on excellent form, and with any luck the warm-but-not-eyelash-perspiring spices will have done us both some good.

Talking of eyelashes, I remember a brief craze for bright blue mascara in the late 1980s, but as I've got very dark brown eyes (and eyelashes) I decided that discretion was the better part of valour ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nicodemia, there is nothing like a quick flaunt! [Biased]

The most daring thing I've ever done to my eyes is to let a friend to convince me to have eyebrows threaded - OUCH!!

To quote the raven - Nevermore!

Schools off today for Eid, even if it is actually going to be tomorrow as the moon wasn't seen last night. Today is also the first day of the Malayalam month of Karkkikadam [pronounced Karkadum], the dark month when it is supposed to rain every day - well, we can only hope that it keeps to its promise as the monsoon has been woeful thus far.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't wear mascara - I end up like a Panda within ten minutes.

I tried false eyelashes and they made me look exactly like Miss Piggy!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Yes, there's only one brand of mascara I've found that doesn't give the Panda Effect. Much to my surprise.
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My blue mascara is that bright and I wear it with pride. I also have a turquoise one that gets the full treatment – a smoky eyes application, but where everything (shadow, liner, mascara) is turquoise.
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

My blue mascara is very blue.....not a dark colour at all!
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

As mentioned on the Decluttering thread, we're having a new kitchen installed. Today is the turn of the electricians, and while I am very glad to see them, I do wish we hadn't had to turn off the fridge, the freezer and the fridge-freezer [Ultra confused]

I also have that Feeling when you have Workmen In the House - that you can't really get on and DO anything, although to be fair with no kitchen and dust everywhere I really don't know what I could do [Frown]

Anyway, apart from the fact that this is such an enormous project it ought to keep us here for *ever*, I looked at all my kitchen stuff stacked in the dining room in crates and informed Mr. S that I was never, ever going to move house. So there.

Sorry for the moan - Brenda Clough said that it would be like childbirth, i.e. the result would be so wonderful that I would forget the agony that led to it.

Mrs. S, remaining to be convinced

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's ages since I've worn any kind of mascara at all. As I've got older, I seem to have developed sensitivities to such things, and I'm not really prepared to fork out $$$$s for supposedly "hypoallergenic" stuff that sort of isn't. Also, being a contact-lens wearer, I can do without the little gritty bits that invariably escape and embed themselves underneath my lenses.

As my lashes are a decent length on their own, I reckon I can live without it. [Big Grin]

Going out to a Mexican restaurant for lunch today with the crowd from the lab, as one of the chaps is celebrating his 60th birthday. I don't often go to Mexican eateries*, and wish I could remember what it is that I usually order when I do ... [Ultra confused]

Our nearly-broken staircase is, as of this morning, a properly-broken staircase, as it gave way as I was coming down it. [Eek!]

D's been promising for ages that he'll do something about it, so now he'll have to.

* It's not that I don't like Mexican food; it just wouldn't usually be my first choice.

[ 17. July 2015, 13:56: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

Oh Piglet, how dreadful for you! Are you okay?

Mrs. S, genuinely concerned

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Seconding the question, are you ok. I did something similar and the shock was at least as bad, possibly worse than any injuries.. Take things easy.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm perfectly fine (thanks for asking [Smile] ) - what happened was more of a slither than a fall, and I didn't hurt myself at all. It gave me a fright (despite the fact that I've been expecting it to happen for several weeks), but if I'm honest I was more cross than upset. At the moment, we've got a step-ladder lying flush with the (unbroken) bottom couple of steps, and bridging the broken bit. It's not ideal, but it'll have to do until he gets round to mending it; I have no DIY skills whatsoever.

Lunch was a v. jolly affair, and the food wasn't at all bad: I had a "flauto" - a fried corn tortilla rolled up to resemble a flute - filled with slices of steak, salsa and cheese, topped with sour cream, raisins and almonds and served with Mexican rice, re-fried beans and a few veggies.

--------------------

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

Piglet - glad you are OK - even slithering downstairs is quite a shock!

Now, please could you tell me, in confidence, of course, how you are supposed to eat these wrapped things? With fingers, getting messy (well, I would anyway) or on a plate with knife and fork??

Neither seems very do-able, which makes me void anything described as wrapped! [Confused]

[ 18. July 2015, 08:16: Message edited by: Nicodemia ]

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just letting you know that I'll be going to Folk by the Oak tomorrow, and that I'll be meeting Curiosity killed... there. Hmm ... the first Shipmate I'll meeting in 13 years, and it *had* to be one with this screen name. Sounds terribly ominous to me [Smile]

If someone else is going to FbtO (or is still thinking about it), you can send us a pm if you'd like. I'm very much looking forward to the festival.

The rest of you will have the advantage that before the 'official' LeRoc meet next week, Curiosity killed... will have checked out that I'm not a man-eating ogre (or at least that I've fooled her into believing I'm not [Smile] )

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm looking forward to Folk by the Oak.

I was hoping to cycle there and catch the train back, but it doesn't look as if that's going to be possible as I need the Overground to get across London and it has engineering works on Sunday night. Bikes aren't allowed on the underground sections of the Tube. I know I'm being a wimp and could cycle back, but it's more than 20 miles, not a route I know and I haven't been cycling for a few years, not since the last one was stolen.

I bought the new bike in April but it took a couple of months to arrive, which was by then in the middle of exam season, and I've been so busy I haven't had time to ride it until this week, when I rode over to the local Race for Life to help the Guides hand out water, snacks and medals to the runners completing their 5 or 10k runs.

That screen name was never intended as an indication I was dangerous to others, more myself. Everywhere else I am online I'm under my own name.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Enjoy Folk by the Oak - sounds fun.

My day got off to a dramatic start. I got up, started to help my husband unload the dishwasher and then felt very odd. I grabbed hold of him, saying I felt very dizzy. He had crockery in his hands decided it was either hold onto me or the crockery, decided in favour of the crockery and let go of me. I promptly fainted on the kitchen floor, much to his surpise and horror. I've never done that before and not sure why I did it now.
I feltl a lot better when I came round and managed a stroll into town where I ate cake which helped, though I now think an afternoon nap is in order.
Off to a party tonight and I want to be in a condition to enjoy it.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Goodness Sarasa, that doesn't sound that good. Hope you're well for the party tonight.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I'm off to a tea party this afternoon - no mad hatters, but plenty of slightly loopy puppy walkers!

Twiglet is coming, of course to be the star of the show [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sarasa, I hope you continue to feel better - still it guarantees you a seat the party tonight.

I hope Twiglet enjoys the tea party and meeting the other puppies and their walkers.

I got myself dressed and organised this morning then wrote a large cheque and went into town to the bank and, on the bus on the way in, remembered that today is Eid-ul-fitr and so the bank would be closed - and it was. I took money out of ATM up to my daily limit then found out mid-afternoon that the large amount now isn't required until next month!

Ah well, I had an umbrella so didn't get too wet - so far The Dark Month is living up to its reputation.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Goodness, Sarasa, how frightening. Hope you're better now and can enjoy your night out.
We are off out too, to the evening wedding reception of 2 colleagues, the mobile library driver and a library assistant.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That sounds nasty, Sarasa - hope you're feeling better and you were able to enjoy the party.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Fainting is a horrible feeling. Hope you feel better now.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Cold here last night but, happily, I survived - I'm not going to mention the minimum recorded temperature in my room overnight as you'll all laugh at me, but it was cold for me. It is so cold that when I got changed after church an hour or so ago I put on a top as well as a lunghi/sarong thingy - very unusual at this time of day...

...and now we're back to rain again - but we did have sunshine when we had breakfast on the verandah.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  58  59  60 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016