homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Various Islands in the North Atlantic (Page 44)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  58  59  60 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Various Islands in the North Atlantic
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chapelhead:
... it's felt like autumn since early/mid August ...

We didn't really get any summer to speak of until the beginning of August; according to the weatherman on the CBC news tonight, July was one of the coldest on record, but August was one of the hottest. Never a dull moment ...

Today not being a bank holiday here*, it was a lovely day - not hugely sunny, but warm and pleasant (it got up to 23°), so when D. picked me up from w*rk we went down to Chafe's Landing for lunch. When we arrived they said there was a half-hour waiting time, so we went for a walk down to the harbour and arrived back just as they called our name. We shared a v. good bruschetta to start, then D. had fish & chips and I had fish-cakes and salad.

* Our last hurrah of summer is next Monday - Labour Day - but I'll probably go in to w*rk to put in some holiday hours.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
...The trick was to get him to eat a dish before telling him the ingredients.

Like my dad with garlic!

"I don't like garlic" he said - but he ate everything I cooked and virtually all the main dishes had garlic in them!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I like to take the start of the seasons from the quarter days, so by that token, it's still summer until 29 September.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That would mean that winter went on until almost April, though?
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When deciding what we were going to eat this week so I could do the necessary shopping, I found myself being rather more drawn to casseroles and warm filling things than to salads and light meals... Definitely feeling much colder and wetter here again.

The dogs enjoyed a very wet and muddy walk yesterday though - and Op 2 had lots of fun jumping in puddles until her wellies had water several inches up her ankles! [Killing me] Drier so far today, but predicted to rain again later, so my massive piles of laundry will have to be spread over a few days and be dried on racks in the house - again! The trouble is, it's so humid and not very warm, so things just don't dry quickly. Ah well, plenty of people have it far worse...

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I always thought that the seasons changed on the quarter days - so 21 March is first day of spring and 29 September (Michaelmas Day) is first day of autumn. Apparently that's because those dates for the seasons are based on the vernal equinoxes, the longest and shortest days.

It works in that the weather is often colder and more miserable in January and February than it is in November. We used to have snow in early March regularly when I was a child (my youngest sister's birthday parties were cancelled due to blizzards several times). The horrible winter we had a few years back we had snow in November, December, January, February and March - although it didn't settle for any length of time in November or March.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
According to the Old Farmers' Almanac, autumn this year begins on 23rd September, so we've a few weeks of summer left.

Here in St. John's summer is reckoned to be over after Regatta Day (the first Wednesday in August), but this year it only arrived a couple of days before that ... [Disappointed]

It's cooled down a bit here, but it was still rather muggy and sticky this morning, although the temperature was only (officially) 15°.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The jeep has quite literally blown a gasket, which is a bit inconvenient but then worse things happen at sea. The engine has gone off to The Big City this evening to be machined for some reason but we should have it all back by the weekend - Hooray!

Just don't ask about the cost - [Waterworks]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meteorological autumn starts today. Astronomical autumn starts on the 23rd September.

[ 01. September 2015, 14:50: Message edited by: LeRoc ]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In fact autumn here started way back March. Summer never happened.
Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Yes it did - it was during the first week of Wimbledon, wasn't it? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by shamwari:

You must have slept through those blissful hot days we had earlier this summer then (assuming you're resident in Britain). I speak as one who usually has the electric fire on throughout the year, but was actually able to leave it off, and wear light summer clothes, for the first time in a couple of years. I think that was in July. Lovely. [Cool]
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
The jeep has quite literally blown a gasket, which is a bit inconvenient but then worse things happen at sea. The engine has gone off to The Big City this evening to be machined for some reason but we should have it all back by the weekend - Hooray!

Doris is 17-18 years old and no matter how well maintained she has been, problems will only increase as she ages. It may be time for you to grit your teeth and... and... have her put down, [Eek!]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

During this evening's visit to the supermarket, I was standing in the vegetable aisle looking speculatively at the onions when a middle-aged woman, besieged by children, opened what looked like a rectangular black handbag, and carefully extricated two cute little baby rabbits, one beige, one black.

Just wondering if this theme might develop on future visits, as it might be, into white doves, or sawing a large vegetable in half.

[ 01. September 2015, 19:35: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by shamwari:

Down here in traditionally soggy Wales the weather was warm and drier than usual until mid-July, ie when the kids broke up for the summer hols.

I expect the weather to improve now.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

That is to make sure new gasket fits and seals well.

From Loth who has pulled down Renault engines and taken tractor apart and rebuilt it.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I expect the weather to improve now.

You're probably right, SS - as I remember it, there was always an Indian summer when we went back to school in mid/late August - or was that just a manifestation of Murphy's Law?

When we lived in Northern Ireland and D. was expected to take his main holiday during the school holidays when the choir wasn't rehearsing, we usually tried to take the last two weeks of August, as Orkney could almost be guaranteed to be nice for at least part of it.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

There really is something magical about walking the lanes as the dawn breaks. The birds are already awake well before I set off and seem quieter once I'm outside. Today is a big national strike so the roads were wonderfully quiet.

Now I'm home and breakfasted possibly a little post-breakfast nap - a habit I learned from the esteemed Uncle Pete.

--------------------

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
During this evening's visit to the supermarket, I was standing in the vegetable aisle looking speculatively at the onions when a middle-aged woman, besieged by children, opened what looked like a rectangular black handbag, and carefully extricated two cute little baby rabbits, one beige, one black.

Just wondering if this theme might develop on future visits, as it might be, into white doves, or sawing a large vegetable in half.

I'm intrigued by the idea of taking the pets to choose their own food for the week - I try not to let the Opuses have a say unless they're cooking it! [Biased] (And fervently trying not to imagine the chaos of taking Terrier-ist and Fluffball within sniffing distance of the meat aisles...! [Eek!]

Op 1's sewing project continues today - a medieval-style gown. Got the pattern & pieces cut yesterday, so the sewing begins this morning. Once she's out of bed & awake enough to actually do anything... Certainly can't fault her ambition, but I don't exactly have a lot of dressmaking experience, so it's going to be a challenge to both our abilities. And working together on a challenge is a whole mother challenge in itself! [Ultra confused]

--------------------

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

I suspect she'd just bought the rabbits somewhere and was on her way home, stopping to pick up some necessities in the supermarket.

Or else there's a secret shelf somewhere in the shop that I haven't yet located where you can find live rabbits. A bit like the one that has lots of small children on it - you often see kids in supermarket trolleys but very rarely on the shelves.

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having to use Tesco WiFi as my broadband off for last 2 weeks and likely another but will now have to go and check the veggies and see if any rabbits for sale! [Smile]

Real pain using their WiFi as have to buy expensive coffee and fell for a very large cookie too [Frown]

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...you often see kids in supermarket trolleys but very rarely on the shelves.

I've noticed that too, but I've never really wanted to buy any, so I haven't looked very hard.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

Gaaah. My maths in adjusting the fit of the dress for my tiny Op 1 clearly went wrong somewhere, and it's actually too narrow even for her miniscule waist! [Ultra confused] Only by an inch or so, but undeniably too small. So I now have to work out how to fit an insert under the arms - the armpit is fine, so it needs to be a slightly odd shape to just give the extra where needed. At least I have some time to ponder this now, as she's off at the cinema with a friend for the next couple of hours! And at least we did check the fit before sewing up the side seams...

--------------------

toujours gai!

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A long triangle on either side, with the pointy bit uppermost should give a bit more width where it is needed?

Good luck....

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

originally posted by PeteC

Doris is 17-18 years old and no matter how well maintained she has been, problems will only increase as she ages.

how old is Pete ?

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Posts: 2210 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
moonfruit
Shipmate
# 15818

- Posted      Profile for moonfruit   Email moonfruit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It definitely felt autumnal on the way into work this morning, although being hit by the glorious sunlight as I cycled round a corner made up for the ever-so-slight chill in the air.

Kids back at school tomorrow - not sure I'm quite ready for all 30 of them, but then there's not a great deal I can do about it; they'll come ready or not!

--------------------
All I know is that you came and made beauty from my mess.

Posts: 180 | From: Just outside the M25 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
A long triangle on either side, with the pointy bit uppermost should give a bit more width where it is needed?

Good luck....

Thanks! I've gone for a sort of triangle, but it also gets slightly complicated around the hips as the triangle-y bit that flares the skirts should come in. We've plenty of fabric spare, so I may yet scrap this evening's attempts which are pinned approximately in place ready for fitting tomorrow evening. It might be easier to do a full-length panel (since the front and back of the dress are full-length pieces) which combines the widening bit and godet... Pretty sure that'd look better too. Hmmmm. [Paranoid]

Other than that, Op 2 seems about ready for her first day at Secondary School tomorrow. Hardly seems possible that my baby is so grown up! And I'll be back to work (yay!) [Smile]

[ 02. September 2015, 20:05: Message edited by: Beethoven ]

--------------------

toujours gai!

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've had a slightly unusual day: my left ear started playing very silly buggers (and really not working very well) at the weekend, and I decided I probably shouldn't ignore it any longer. As Wednesday is my "short" day at w*rk I took my boss's advice and the morning off to go and see a doctor. I hadn't registered with one here, but there's a walk-in clinic where you can go if you don't mind waiting for a very long time ...

Fortunately today they weren't too busy, and I was seen in under an hour, as it happened by the same doctor that D. registered with a few months back. When I asked him about registering with him, he told me that as he'd taken D. he'd have to take me as well, which is handy. He's given me some ear-drops, and I've to go back next week, but at least I was able to make an appointment, so I won't have to waste hours in the waiting-room catching horrid diseases ... [Big Grin]

Then in the evening we went out for supper with some of the choir and the clergy to celebrate our new Curate's 30th birthday, which was v. jolly.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by moonlitdoor:
...how old is Pete ?

I think about 103 at the last count!

[Two face]

Actually just a few months older than me despite everyone [not quite] in this village asking him if he's my father!

Yesterday was hartal [sort of national, in this case, strike thingy] so no buses or anything and very few people went to work, sort of emergency services only. Last night I met my young friend V who told me he had been working all day.

Me: You went to work?

V: No, working at home.

Me: Your mum kept you busy?

V: Lots of jobs.

- at which point he tried to look sad and hard done by - not very successfully.

Then this morning at breakfast I got an SMS at just after 8 a.m. to say he had only just woken up - obviously staying at home doing jobs for his mum is more tiring than doing a day at work.

--------------------

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
...you often see kids in supermarket trolleys but very rarely on the shelves.

I've noticed that too, but I've never really wanted to buy any, so I haven't looked very hard.
It's one of life's oddities, isn't it. Like the way 'self drive' vans are only ever available to hire, I've never seen a self-driving van for sale - perhaps they are just too expensive for anyone to buy one.

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Like the way 'self drive' vans are only ever available to hire, I've never seen a self-driving van for sale - perhaps they are just too expensive for anyone to buy one.

I've always wondered about 'self-storage'. Why should anyone want to store themselves?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... I've never seen a self-driving van ...

They're working on it. [Big Grin]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
...how old is Pete ?

[Two face]

Actually just a few months older than me ...

Would that make you 102, WW? You look very good on it. [Razz]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm exhausted. It's the Village Allotment Association Autumn Show tomorrow, which clearly is one of the social high-points of the year, as well as intensely competitive. Onions, beetroot, runner beans - it's all too much.

--------------------

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I'm exhausted. It's the Village Allotment Association Autumn Show tomorrow, which clearly is one of the social high-points of the year, as well as intensely competitive. Onions, beetroot, runner beans - it's all too much.

Have contestants mounted armed guards around their prize leeks? My b-i-l used to grow leeks the size and shape of baseball bats.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
quote:
quote:
...how old is Pete ?

[Two face]

Actually just a few months older than me ...

Would that make you 102, WW? You look very good on it. [Razz]
Thank you, I won't tell you how much I pay my make-up artist!

Last night I discovered that I can't get a new battery for my Lenovo not-very-smart-phone* here in the local town so today am off to The Big City again to get the new battery and am going to treat myself to an hour browsing the secondhand book emporium.

[Big Grin]

I have a few other items to get as well but I think the book place may take priority - after I've found the battery.

*In reality the phone is fine value for the money paid, I rather think the user may be lacking somewhat in a few smarts.

--------------------

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

Have contestants mounted armed guards around their prize leeks? My b-i-l used to grow leeks the size and shape of baseball bats.
Well, when I say 'intensely competitive', some categories (longest runner bean, most strangely shaped vegetable) might have more than one entrant. We're not quite up to 'national;' standards. It's a small village.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

In terms of things I wanted that was an excellent trip to The Big City - found the things I wanted easily and the prices weren't too horrible - but in terms of books a total washout! Nothing caught my eye at all

BUT

that meant I didn't spend any money!

Well, not on books, anyway.

The bus company has either revised the timetable or, more likely, withdrawn my usual early bus from the end of the road so I ended up standing on two separate buses, consecutively not concurrently, to get to the city - if I had waited 20 minutes I have no doubt that I'd have had a seat no bother but I stupidly got on a crowded bus when I knew I was at the tail end of the rush hour.

I'm not quite sure who else I can blame for this, perhaps I'd better just accept the blame myself!

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Well, when I say 'intensely competitive', some categories (longest runner bean, most strangely shaped vegetable) might have more than one entrant. We're not quite up to 'national;' standards. It's a small village.

Have you got an entry of your own in it, or are you one of the judges?

There were some very strangely shaped carrots at two of the local shows I've been to recently. I'm surprised one of them wasn't banned for indecency.

(I seem to specialize, inadvertently, in monster courgettes and massive beetroots, but have no plans to display them.)

[ 04. September 2015, 11:27: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
...There were some very strangely shaped carrots at two of the local shows I've been to recently. I'm surprised one of them wasn't banned for indecency.

(I seem to specialize, inadvertently, in monster courgettes and massive beetroots, but have no plans to display them.)

...and that could be another indecency charge right there!

[Two face]

--------------------

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

Tragedy! I've broken my biggest potato - it's was almost four ounces biggar than the next largest. I can't exhibit a broken potato. My chance of glory gone. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

[Eek!] O woe!

Can you have a word with the judges and get a Best Broken Potato Category set up that you could then enter it for?

WW - there has been some talk (and mirth) about the courgettes...

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Superglue?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Chapelhead - as soon as I read your post about giant veggies, I thought maybe you should enlist the help of this bloke.*

Now I've got an earworm of Hymns and Arias. Showing my age a bit ... [Hot and Hormonal]

* Wales must have lost that day - it's wearing a black arm-band. [Killing me]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

We've had hours of a lovely gentle rain - may not qualify as that gentle elsewhere but it really is very nice although it has dropped the temperature possibly a bit too much.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chapelhead - how does one break a potato by accident?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My guess is spade straight through when digging up. Am I right?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... it has dropped the temperature possibly a bit too much.

Crikey, Wodders - it hasn't dipped below 25° has it???? [Eek!]

As I type, according to Environment Canada, it's a pleasantly un-hot 12° here. That'll do nicely. [Smile]

--------------------

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:

It was long and fairly narrow, and when I dropped it it just snapped. [Frown]

However, I've just come back from 'setting up', and in another category I got many complimentary remarks from ladies of the village on the size of my entry. It's nice to know that it has already given pleasure to so many.

--------------------

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:

It was long and fairly narrow, and when I dropped it it just snapped. [Frown]

However, I've just come back from 'setting up', and in another category I got many complimentary remarks from ladies of the village on the size of my entry. It's nice to know that it has already given pleasure to so many.

Hmm. ITTWACW [Smile]
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  58  59  60 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016