homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Various Islands in the North Atlantic (Page 51)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  58  59  60 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Various Islands in the North Atlantic
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's autumn - the changes in temperatures always seem to bring colds on. Hope you feel better soon! I've escaped so far this year, though.

And in the spirit of autumn, tonight I'm cooking a pheasant, and attempting to roast some raw beetroot chunks in a honey and cider vinegar mix. There will also be roast potatoes and courgettes, all veg from my allotment. I might even open a bottle of cider.

There are two other autumn dishes I consider traditional for the season: there has to be a blackberry pie or crumble at some point, and I'll be making a pumpkin pie to take to the office next week. Autumn isn't autumn without them.

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, as if life wasn't complicated enough today, Master S called at lunchtime to say that he'd asked his lovely girlfriend to marry him - and she'd said yes! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

The concert went really well (though it was half an hour longer than I'd intended [Eek!] ) and the church was full, so let's hope we made loadsamoney for our African charities [Overused]

Mrs. S, reeling

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good on you Mrs. S., and as I said on the Thanksgiving thread, congrats to Master S. and LG.

Ariel, that sounds like a rare feast, although I'll pass on the pumpkin pie; I've tried it, but it's really not my thing. Blackberry crumble though - I'll be right over. [Smile]

I've had a nice day; lazy morning (as is my wont on a Saturday), the last of the leftover lamb for lunch and then a spot of retail therapy. I was treating myself, as the PTB at w*rk decided recently that I should have been given a couple of salary increments, which kicked in this week - with back-pay! [Yipee]

I wanted something smart to wear to the COA conference* while we're home, so I got myself a long black sleeveless jacket which I think will be about right with black trousers and a smart shirt.

Then sorted the laundry and turned the remains of a chicken into curry for tomorrow's lunch, so am feeling moderately accomplished.

* Some of the other wives tend to be well-dressed, in an understated sort of way, and I don't want to look like a scruffy herbert ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've got plans for a pig cheek stew later. Not sure of the flavourings, but there's some left over roast butternut squash which would be good addition.

It's definitely stew weather.

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Funny old day today.

We have started a small cottage industry making Labrador shaped tea light holders in oak (yes, really!) we had a rush of orders last week so I have spent the whole day packaging and labelling!

Still, it brings in some nice spending money for our holiday in Tuscany next week [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I took the bus to Cambridge today. Brilliant.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Presumably Boogie's tea light holders are shaped like this rather than like this.

[ 18. October 2015, 16:55: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
I took the bus to Cambridge today. Brilliant.

Which was brilliant: going to Cambridge or travelling by bus?
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
Presumably Boogie's tea light holders are shaped like this rather than like this.

Haha! Here you go. [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
... rather than like this.

Some of us saw that one coming, BT. [Snigger]
quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
I've got plans for a pig cheek stew later ...

You leave my cheeks out of it! [Eek!]

We had a very nice day, liturgically and musically, which included Haydn's Missa Sancti Joannis de Deo, Cwm Rhondda (with the magic descant), Byrd's Second Service (with solo piglet) and O quam gloriosum by Victoria. It's a shame the Dean's on holiday - there would have been Grinning. (The Curate was suitably impressed though [Smile] ).

Just don't mention the rugby ... [Waterworks]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Piglet,as Saturday's concert was entitled 'A Whale of a Time' (geddit?) the finale was Cwm Rhondda [Yipee]

...but yes, Just Don't Mention The Rugby [Waterworks]

Mrs. S, bereft

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As we're talking food, I'm going to mention our toad in the hole last night that we had with cauliflower (from the garden) with white sauce, courgettes (from the garden), beans (from the garden) and potatoes (from the garden) with onion gravy (not from the garden).

It was utterly delish.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Did the toad come from the garden, too? You failed to mention that. [Devil] We have frogs in ours.

(Well, it could have been a domestic version of those "outdoor-reared sausages" which my local supermarket sells).

[ 19. October 2015, 06:53: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
Well, as if life wasn't complicated enough today, Master S called at lunchtime to say that he'd asked his lovely girlfriend to marry him - and she'd said yes! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

The concert went really well (though it was half an hour longer than I'd intended [Eek!] ) and the church was full, so let's hope we made loadsamoney for our African charities [Overused]

Mrs. S, reeling

Great everything's going so well! [Smile]

But I'm intrigued by this: how can a concert be half an hour longer than you'd intended? Did you all ... just ... sing ... more ... slowly? I'm really curious now!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

Well, how it happens is like this. You have 14 separate acts [Eek!]

Someone says they'd like to sing a song/read a poem/dance a hornpipe, about 3 minutes - but then as soon as you get them set up on stage, in spite of your having introduced them and told the audience what they're about to sing/read/dance, they get carried away and introduce the song/poem/dance All Over Again [brick wall]

Then of course the piano stool is the wrong height for the accompanist... [brick wall]

And I suppose I never allow time for applause! [brick wall]

And the jazz band who are starting the second half get stuck in the queue for the only loo, so have to go over to the vicarage [Help]

So you see it all adds up - still, better to have the applause, don't you think?

Mrs. S, Mistress of Ceremonies

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I bow to your patience. [Overused] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

D. used to be the accompanist for a male voice choir in Northern Ireland, and after one concert in a church in Larne, the clergyman waffled for such an age that the conductor whispered "As soon as he stops for a breath, start playing God Save the Queen".

So he did. [Killing me]

Fortunately Larne is one of the parts of NI where that doesn't result in being separated from one's kneecaps ... [Eek!]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
I've got plans for a pig cheek stew later ...

You leave my cheeks out of it! [Eek!]
Many apologies, Piglet. If it's any compensation, the stew turned out pretty tasty [Biased]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

quote:
D. used to be the accompanist for a male voice choir in Northern Ireland, and after one concert in a church in Larne, the clergyman waffled for such an age that the conductor whispered "As soon as he stops for a breath, start playing God Save the Queen".

So he did.

Surprised it wasn't "God Save the King" (Billy). [Devil]
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just seen the newsfeed on Facebook that we are being told we will have a cold winter and a white Christmas. Quick, stock up on milk and bread!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LOL I'll be in Brazil with Christmas. Not much cold for me [Smile]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
Just seen the newsfeed on Facebook that we are being told we will have a cold winter and a white Christmas. Quick, stock up on milk and bread!

Was that a link from the Daily Express by any chance? They come out with that every year.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know the Daily Express has been running that, but the Express likes extreme weather. I really hope it won't be true. I have an elderly relative I worry enough about already. Also it means the trains may be screwed, and they don't need any more excuses.

On a lighter note, I just found a set of Halloween pumpkin lights that I bought in a sale last year. They look like small, flat, pumpkin-shaped barley-sugar sweets (remember those?) and have a pleasing glow. Looking forward to putting those up. I do love the pumpkin motifs of the season - they look so cheery, round and orange with a grin that I usually want to grin back at.

(I have a pumpkin candle and a themed tealight holder as well.)

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:

So he did. [Killing me]

Thank you Piglet [Killing me] I would remember that but at our shack it's the clergyman who does most of the piano-playing for concerts!

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would quite like a good cold winter (with or without snow). Last year it wasn’t cold enough and consequently this summer in the South-West we had a plague of mosquitoes of biblical proportions. Nothing deterred the little buggers – not the candles, not the bracelets, not essence of citronella, not cloves, not the spirals, not the things you plug in the sockets. We tried all of the above and still got eaten alive every bloody night. Apparently having a praying mantis in your garden is supposed to be good for mosquito genocide, but we had one that I spotted prowling across our patio one evening (enormous beastie) and AFAICT it wasn’t making much inroads.

I don’t particularly enjoy the cold in itself but at least it kills off the vile invertebrate enemies for when the summer comes back round.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We use a DEET cream, similar formulation to Jungle Formula™ but about a tenth of the cost - and made over here. In The Big City the mozzies were a nightmare but then it is built on reclaimed land [read as: swamp!].

Here in the village we have very few as we live on a slight hill - half a kilometre away down by the paddy fields there are rather more of the little swine.

All rooms have some screened windows to keep them out but the breeze circulating.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just been looking online for some grab rails for my bathroom and Amazon has some that tempt me - scrolling down the page one of the things they also suggest is some bright pink faux fur covered handcuffs!

Am I missing something here?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They clearly think you'll be using the grab bars in a Certain Situation...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

But surely chains and padlocks are even more secure?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Moving swiftly on ... [Big Grin]

It's a rather cold day here; socks have been donned for the first time since mid-May. [Frown]

And we appear to have got a new prime minister.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Perhaps you should buy some new socks in his honour?
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Hmmmm ... the Liberal party colour is red, and the only colour of socks I ever wear is black.

In other news, the tablet has been made for the sweetie stall at the Cathedral sale on Saturday - I don't think I've been this far ahead of myself for years. Just the carrot-cakes to be made now (probably on Thursday night); they've decided not to do the turkey suppers so I won't have to bother with a potato salad.

Having to give up my Saturday morning lie-in is still a pain in the @r$e though ... [Snore]

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

quote:
Hmmmm ... the Liberal party colour is red, and the only colour of socks I ever wear is black

Go on! Make a daring statement - red ones if you like his politics, another colour if you don't.

Or at least paint your trotters (which sounds vaguely rude, tho' it's not supposed to be).

You know you want to!

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I quite like the policies he was putting forward before the election - higher taxes for the very rich (who can presumably afford them), lower taxes for the middle classes (of which I suppose I'm part*) - we'll see if they come to anything after it ...

* D and I are basically in middle-class jobs, but with lower-class incomes. [Frown]

--------------------

moonfruit
Shipmate
# 15818

- Posted      Profile for moonfruit   Email moonfruit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Getting through the week here, still fighting off a cold, though my voice is suffering somewhat - which makes parents evenings interesting!

My current goal at work is not to get involved in situations that I don't need to be involved in - there are various situations ongoing, and I am trying to remember that it is Not My Job to fix the world. This is not always easy!

--------------------
All I know is that you came and made beauty from my mess.

Posts: 180 | From: Just outside the M25 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Originally posted by moonfruit:
My current goal at work is not to get involved in situations that I don't need to be involved in - there are various situations ongoing, and I am trying to remember that it is Not My Job to fix the world. This is not always easy!

[Overused] [Angel] [Overused] [Angel] [Overused]

Mrs. S, memorising these words of wisdom

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Hmmmm ... the Liberal party colour is red, and the only colour of socks I ever wear is black...

But that means you have the same colour on both feet!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I haven't really got sufficient aplomb to carry off such a sartorial phenomenon; I'd just look like a daft old bird who's accidentally put on odd socks ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

We are off to Tuscany for a week, Near Pisa - hoping for a bit of sunshine [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sounds lovely, Boogie. We now seem to be into 'proper' autumn weather - everything is grey. But at least I've got the narcissi in at the allotment - 130 little bits of sunshine waiting for the spring.

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm feeling sorry for myself. I've got a cold.

I know it's hardly the end of the world and it shouldn't last that long. But the stuffed up sinuses are uncomfortable and creating pressure in my head. And I'm not ill enough to stay at home either. Bloody cold.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lots of sympathy to you, Kingsfold. There's a nasty virus going round the community here, so I'm hoping to avoid it. And especially to not come down with it next week while the Opuses are up at their grandparents'... [Big Grin]

Tis very grey and autumnal here today, and the way I feel definitely matches the weather. [Frown]

I got two lots of baking done last night - coffee & walnut cake, and a batch of rocky road - ready for Op 1's bake sale tonight at Guides. I still need to do a batch of cupcakes after work, but just don't have the energy to look forward to that. She's organised the sale, so I feel the need to be supportive, but all I want to do today is sleep! She's also arranged a collection over the next few weeks of (new) pants for a charity which helps girls & women in Africa, so that's a bit different to the normal run of things. Here's hoping the Guides do at least as well at donating them as my Brownies did...! [Smile]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I could have done with a cold this week. We announced our Q3 results yesterday and the budget numbers are due to land on Monday. If there's any time to be ill, it's in this in-between week.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

Depending on how your company is doing, perhaps it would be good to be sick when the numbers are announced [Smile]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
We are off to Tuscany for a week, Near Pisa - hoping for a bit of sunshine [Smile]

What are you doing with Twiglet? (I wish I could come puppysit!)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
I'm feeling sorry for myself. I've got a cold.

Sang 'I heard the voice of Jesus' to Kingsfold tonight at band practice, and said a quick prayer for you [Votive]

Mrs. S, hoping not to catch said cold!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

One of my partners-in-crime in the alto section was back at choir practice tonight having had a filthy dose of the cold, but judging by her coughing/singing ratio, she's not really mended yet.

I hope she's past the infectious stage though - I'm going to have enough opportunity to catch a cold by crossing the Pond the week after next, and colds are even more horrid when you're on holiday.

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

I have a new word and I am extremely proud of it! Everyone needs this word in their life*

'Scurryfunging' is an old English word meaning to rush round cleaning your house when company is expected [Overused] who knew? One of my friends, obviously ...

* the word, not necessarily the activity

Mrs. S, expecting visitors on Saturday [Killing me]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

What an excellent word! Thank you, it will be employed somewhere soon whenever I have the opportunity.

I was thinking today that my desk is still basically tidy! I am amazed, usually it reverts to its usual chaos within 2 weeks but this has lasted about 6 weeks! Do you think I might be growing up at last?

No, I didn't think so either but one lives in hope!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

I was thinking today that my desk is still basically tidy! I am amazed, usually it reverts to its usual chaos within 2 weeks but this has lasted about 6 weeks! Do you think I might be growing up at last?

No, I didn't think so either but one lives in hope!

If you're anything like me it means that you have had an extraordinarily lazy six weeks. No flat surface chez Sioni remains tidy for more than a fortnight, not even the floor.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  58  59  60 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016