homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Eagles and Turkeys -- USA 2015 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eagles and Turkeys -- USA 2015
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
... the citizens of Boston would have been happy to donate some of their snow ...

Not just Boston - we usually get considerably more than we need ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
We need some of these smart people to invent a way of moving snow. I know that the citizens of Boston would have been happy to donate some of their snow this past winter to the Sierra Nevadas.

I think the Sierra Nevadas want clean snow.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ok you people. It may have been June 1, the first day of winter down here, but did you have to move the snow here? See Banner Lady's post in downunder thread. Canberra's minimum last night was apparently -10°C and ice and snow are making many roads dangerous.

Enough, thank you.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not a sign of snow here [Big Grin]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Go away Wodders. [Big Grin]

Can you actually remember what "snow" looks like? It's that wet, cold, white* stuff that Civilised Parts get in the winter.

* At least it's white for the first ten minutes. For the next three months it's a mucky grey, and is called "snirt".

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Ok you people. It may have been June 1, the first day of winter down here, but did you have to move the snow here?

When I was a kid at summer camp, I saw snow in the mountains of Colorado on the fourth of July!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I was a kid in Pennsylvania, snow fell on us on the Fourth of July. We were determined to have our traditional picnic. We didn't go swimming, however.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
latest I remember from northern Mass was going to easter sunrise service in a snow suit..

I had a very trying day today. My best friend's mom fell a couple of days ago and broke her ankle. She had surgery yesterday and pretty much can't put any weight on her foot for a while. We tried to get the hospital to keep her for long enough so she could qualify to go straight to a nursing home/rehab facility for care, but she has no insurance and the hospital cut her lose today.

My best friend is named Mark, and there are some things he's really not comfortable helping his mom do (go potty for example), so he and I drove 2 hours one way to pick up one of his nieces to come stay with his mom to help. His niece and I then drove another hour to the hospital to pick mom up.

It took two very stout female nurses to get mom out of the chair into the wheelchair, and one big ole male nurse to help us get her into the van to take her home.

We finally got her to her daughter's house, loaded into the wheelchair, up the makeshift ramp, and into the house, when she announces she has to pee...so niece and I have to help.

K. I love my friend. I love his mom, but I've pulled up far too many old lady underpants today.
I'm exhausted. I love his mom, but OMG, I'm in for six weeks of this stuff...

and did I mention that mom weighs in at about 220 lbs? and is a drama queen too boot?

On second thought this should be on the Hell thread, except for the fact that I'm not actually related to her LOL

I hope everyone's day was more relaxing and more fun than mine....

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are times you have to recall St Catherine of Siena drinking the water with which she was bathing the sores of lepers, and think: 'Well at least I'm not a mad Italian nun'.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I do not like our current weather. It's much too hot and humid for this time of year. It also rains unexpectedly when I don't have an umbrella with me.

I had to go to Roanoke today, which has an altitude 1500 feet lower than Blacksburg. It was HOT. [Frown]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
I do not like our current weather. It's much too hot and humid for this time of year ...

I was just saying almost exactly the same over on the Brit thread about the weather here today - if it's like this now, what'll it be like when summer properly sets in? [Eek!]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We've had summer temps for a couple of months, now. The rains have started, however, and that cools things off so nicely in the afternoon! [Big Grin]

The weeds in my yard love it. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by BessLane:
I'm exhausted. I love his mom, but OMG, I'm in for six weeks of this stuff...

and did I mention that mom weighs in at about 220 lbs? and is a drama queen too boot?

Stars in your crown, girl, stars in your crown!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend's mom managed to land a bed at one of the best rehab facilities around [Yipee] .

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Almost posted this on FB:
quote:
Oh FFS. people. This latest round of fluffybunnycutesy hug memes GAAAH!
If you really need hugs, reassurance etc, post your name here, and I will put it in a number of parenthesis to indicate hugging is happening, thusly : ((((lonelyone)))).
I will not pass on memes that guilt my friends into sending the meme along, Friends do not send friends guilt memes. Make a meme of that if you want.

... and then realized I was far too lazy to follow through on that promise.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Let it all out, Kelly dear. Do you feel better now?

**hug** [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks. I needed that.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Only 100 degrees today instead of 108. Should be cooler the rest of the week. Color me relieved.

I took a very long shore leave to recover from a lengthy illness that left me in organ failure for a while. Still recovering, with surgery still a possible, but I wanted back on the ship. Missed being here.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Good Heavens, Niteowl!! [Eek!]
I hope your recovery is speedy. Surely that heat is no help to your healing?

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Niteowl, I hope your recovery is swift and hassle free.

[ 18. August 2015, 01:27: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

What Loth and JJ said - welcome back, Niteowl, and get well soon. [Smile]

108°??? We're expecting a high of 86° here tomorrow, and that's well above my comfort zone ... [Eek!]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Indeed, get well SOON!

Thankfully, although it is generally warm here in Fahrenheit terms we rarely go above 95 - currently about 85.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Welcome back, Niteowl! Hope we can keep you company while you recuperate.

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the warm wishes, it definitely helps the recovery. I've been wandering around All Saints catching up a bit.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

We've recently been getting some terrific downpours, and since our area is supposed to have a lot of rain every year, it's not a problem. Most of the time. Standing water makes new gator highways. So, one might see a gator where one might not normally expect to.

For instance, a couple of days ago, I was tooling down the interstate, and was just getting off my exit, and there at the side of the exit ramp, just a few feet from the highway, was a good sized dead gator.

Now I don't know about you, but I can't imagine going 70 mph (or higher...you know how some drivers are! [Two face] ) and lo and behold there's a gator walking right where you want to go. Should you swerve and hope the other drivers see what's going on and accommodate you? Or should you just hit the thing knowing that it's going to do some damage?

This is the second dead gator I've seen on the interstate. The other one was actually on an overpass, so not near grass, water or anything!!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What size were these gators? I know our cars are still typically smaller than yours but a friend's car was written off after hitting a domestic pig estimated at 250lb. Stopped the car pretty much dead, with the airbags inflating. I suppose if you hit a gator with a Hummer or a Ford F150 you could drive away, but smaller vehicles may have trouble.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

The students are back. They just arrived this week, and they're busy stocking up on everything. Right now the parking lots at Wal-Mart and the grocery stores are full.

Since the students outnumber the townspeople by more than two to one, their arrival has a tremendous impact.

I should have remembered to do most of my shopping last week.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
What size were these gators? I know our cars are still typically smaller than yours but a friend's car was written off after hitting a domestic pig estimated at 250lb. Stopped the car pretty much dead, with the airbags inflating. I suppose if you hit a gator with a Hummer or a Ford F150 you could drive away, but smaller vehicles may have trouble.

Down here it is a wombat which will wreck a car. Shaped like a tank and heavy too, they cause major damage. Roos are known to do substantial damage too and a National Park south of Sydney has deer which are a menace to cars.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Here in Newfoundland the animal motorists need to be most wary of is the moose - they're really not the brightest of God's creatures. They tend to wander into the road after dark (especially in winter when there's salt on the road, which they like to lick). Moose encounters can be very nasty indeed.

Fortunately I'm not speaking from experience ... so far ... [Paranoid]

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Here in Newfoundland the animal motorists need to be most wary of is the moose - they're really not the brightest of God's creatures. They tend to wander into the road after dark (especially in winter when there's salt on the road, which they like to lick). Moose encounters can be very nasty indeed.

A doctor who was in charge of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital emergency room wrote an article about what to do when you see a moose in the road. The doctors at that hospital see the victims of many moose-automobile collisions.

He said that if the moose is standing broadside, and you can't stop, aim for his hind legs. The most dangerous scenario is to have your car go between his front and back legs. He will come up on the hood of the car, and go through the windshield.

A friend of my daughters, who was an extremely quick thinker, undid her seatbelt and crouched under the dash when she saw the moose's body coming. She wasn't hurt, but her car was severely damaged.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

jedijudy

# 333

The gator I saw the other day was 6-7 feet. It was about 12-14" in diameter. The other one on the overpass was a bit bigger. Not huge by any means, but would mess up your alignment at the least!

When I was in Alaska a number of years ago, there were several times we heard about moose vs. car/truck encounters. I think I'd rather see a gator on the road.

But, moose! Yummy yummy!

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I used to get deer (never actually crashed) but the worst for me was the bumblebees (yeah, I know, how pathetic is that?). They came rushing through the car window and fetched up on the seatback behind me. At which point I'd lean back...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bees off a bike helmet are amazing - they go off with a really loud 'pock' and freak you out no end. A bee in the eye is rather bad news (several times for me, but not yet, I'm relieved to say, stung) and any insect in the ear (somehow tucked in behind all that helmet foam) is infuriating.

And the things you swallow...well. You can tell a happy motorcyclist by the flies in his teeth. I've a front one missing...I ought to yield to spousal pressure and get a bridge, for bee-defence purposes.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ewwwwww! [Snigger]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The paper this morning has a story about an outbreak of seed bugs in eastern California. I'd never even heard of seed bugs, but the photo with the story makes it all look really unpleasant.

Ma Nature is a creative one, isn't she?

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh for crying out loud! [Big Grin]

The behavior sounded familiar, so I did a google image search. Those little buggers totally took over Lower Pines Campground in Yosemite one year when I was a kid-- come think of it, it was probably one of the drought years.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
... But, moose! Yummy yummy!

Certainly is - moose makes the best possible beef casserole, if you see what I mean. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Hella interesting.

A detailed examination of a weirdly, geographically specific bit of American idiom.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

That was interesting, Kelly.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
quote:
... But, moose! Yummy yummy!

Certainly is - moose makes the best possible beef casserole, if you see what I mean. [Big Grin]
I'd rather have moose than beef any day! With cloudberry sauce on the side. *sigh*

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I ate an elk burger. It was good, like very lean beef.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

When I was young, most of what we ate was hunted and gathered. We had a huge garden an we ate very well from that. Mom canned veggies and fruits and put them on shelves in the basement. My Grandpa would go down there when he visited us to just look at the jewel-like colors of the glass jars filled with bounty!

Deer, rabbits and squirrels were regular meats we ate, along with fish that we caught. We'd have a meal with pan fried trout and fresh dandelion greens often during the late spring and summer. Dad would sometimes go with his friends to catch salmon in Michigan.

Everything tasted so good, we children had no idea that we were dirt poor. We also didn't know that we were eating like kings!

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Everything tasted so good, we children had no idea that we were dirt poor. We also didn't know that we were eating like kings!

Reminds me of a story I heard on Islay, in the Hebrides.

Local lad goes to London and does well for himself, so he has his parents down to visit and puts them up in a posh hotel. On their return, the neighbours want to hear all about it.

'Oh it was wonderful. They had the electric lights on all night even when no one was up. And lovely food - but we didn't want to cost Angus too much, so we just ordered the simple things like oysters and salmon and venison...'

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Oysters were reckoned to be the food of the poor in 19th century London, which seems unimaginable now.

When D. was growing up in Colchester (and he's not that old [Big Grin] ), the native oysters were a shilling a dozen; now the sky's the limit.

[ 24. August 2015, 14:51: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When New England was first settled, lobster was very easy to harvest. So easy that servants' contracts had a clause, that they would not be forced to eat lobster more than twice a week.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Oysters were reckoned to be the food of the poor in 19th century London, which seems unimaginable now.

When D. was growing up in Colchester (and he's not that old [Big Grin] ), the native oysters were a shilling a dozen; now the sky's the limit.

The sawdust restaurants with oyster shells were not the haunts of the well-off. Sawdust to make the floors easier to clean (remember the butchers' shops?); the oysters were cheap.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

I went on a Senior Center trip to The Museum of Country Music in Bristol yesterday. It was fascinating, and I learned a lot about the history of the recording industry as well as country music.

Before the mid-1920s all recordings had to be made in specially equipped studios, which were found only in very large cities. Then someone invented a microphone which did not require such a specialized facility. Up until that time, recordings were made only of music that was known across the country, such as opera and popular songs like, "A Bicycle Built for Two". No one was sure what other music was out there. Some entrepreneurs asked around, and were told that there was a lot of original music in Appalachia, so they headed for Bristol.

They ran advertisements all over the area offering fifty dollars to any individual or group that would come and be recorded. During a period of two weeks they recorded seventy-six songs by nineteen different acts. They reaped a wonderful harvest, including the discovery of the Carter Family and Jimmie Rodgers.

The records they made sold widely and introduced the rest of the country to mountain music.

I had a very nice day.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dang, MOO, that wasn't there when I went to college there. You sound like you had a good time at the museum, though. Haven't been to Bristol is what seems like eons. [Eek!]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To all my friends in Florida and the Eastern Caribbean islands in the Atlantic.

BATTEN DOWN THOSE HATCHES - it may be still called a tropical storm, but it's a HURRICANE !!!!

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I think Erika will turn out to be very like our regular afternoon thunderstorms! That's not to say we shouldn't get our supplies in. Oreos and Cheetos are a must!

They (weather shamans) can't seem to make up their minds if she's going to the Atlantic, to the Gulf, to the east coast of FL or the west coast. We've had so many scenarios presented to us over the last five days.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016