homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Time to put the sprouts on ... (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Time to put the sprouts on ...
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, folks, it's now the 26th of June, and it's downhill all the way from here.

Wodders, have you started your C******** shopping yet?

[Devil]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Go away, Piglet. I have a lot of birthdays to consider before I think about Christmas.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
...Wodders, have you started your C******** shopping yet?

[Devil]

Not yet but I've got a little list! Happily both Himself and Herself are both already dealt with as their birthday presents [March/April] were, erm, not cheap so double as Christmas presents as well.

The Big Day is 26 weeks today - never mind about the sprouts, what about making the puddings?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Six months to go!

Less for me as I like to have all bought and wrapped by November 1st.

I have decided what to buy everyone and will start to order them this week [Angel] [Big Grin] [Angel]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As the Intrepid Grandchild is due on December 18th, I can't even *begin* to think about Christmas yet!

[Ultra confused] [Eek!] [Help] [Ultra confused] [Eek!]

Mrs. S - everyone will get socks this year!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Six months to go!

Less for me as I like to have all bought and wrapped by November 1st.

I have decided what to buy everyone and will start to order them this week [Angel] [Big Grin] [Angel]

Mine are not always wrapped but I like to have them all bought by the beginning of Advent.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
... never mind about the sprouts, what about making the puddings?

Isn't that supposed to happen on Stir-up Sunday?

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Question: If the sprouts are of the Brussel persuasion, how are they usually prepared, please?

In the US, many people consider them...icky. I'm not fond of them as is. But I'm thinking I might find them at least tolerable if shredded/minced; sauteed with lemon juice, garlic or shallots, and butter or olive oil; and maybe served on a light rice.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brussel sprouts are usually boiled until beige, soggy and not drained properly, which makes them revolting to anyone. I actually like them, but I don't overcook, serving them just about soft and still green, so still with some bite.

There are lots of way to eat sprouts:
  • boiled, most people add butter and/or bacon bits, but I often add chestnuts of about the same size,
  • if slightly overdone, in theory, they purée well with cream, personally I think that's a waste;
  • shredded and stir-fried with onion and garlic, with maybe a splash of soy sauce;
  • shredded in winter salads with walnuts;
  • left overs covered with grated cheese as a baked potato stuffing;
  • my mother does a starter recipe of baby sprouts (or big ones quartered) served in ramekins, covered in cheese sauce, finished off under the grill with cheese/breadcrumb topping.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The thing with most brassicae is don't let them anywhere near water apart from a quick rinse, and then only if necessary.

Halve the peeled sprouts, halve some button mushrooms and some water chestnuts.

Put a little oil and/or butter in a pan and put over medium heat. Add sprouts and saute for a few minutes then add mushroom and continue then lastly the water chestnuts for the final minute or so. Add some freshly ground black pepper, but not too much and a dash of dark soy sauce.

Serve soon - this dish does not really like to be left and then reheated.

Enjoy.

Unusually for me there is no garlic in the dish but you could add a little chopped garlic when you add the mushrooms, if you wish.

You could also add a spoon of creme fraiche just before serving which makes it extra special but in that case leave out the soy sauce.

Happy Christmas!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love sprouts. I had them roasted with garlic and butter one time. Absolutely to die for.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't overcook them. If boiling, keep an eye on them; they should be al dente, not soft and mushy. Ditto steaming. You might try the BBC Good Food website for some ideas. Garlic butter is also good drizzled over them.
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Brussel sprouts are usually boiled until beige, soggy and not drained properly, which makes them revolting to anyone. I actually like them, but I don't overcook, serving them just about soft and still green, so still with some bite.

Indeed - I remember the dinner ladies telling me with pride, every year, that they'd come to school early so as to put the sprouts on at 7.30am - this for the school Xmas dinner at 1230.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I live alone. Cabbages are too big for me to eat. For that reason, I love sprouts, at least twice a month. I saute them gently with onion and mushroom, and home-fries (left over potato) and also use them uncooked, but peeled in a salad.

I get them regularly, at least twice a month.

I've had the overcooked variety, left over from when adults had no teeth. It is a marvel that I learnt to like them.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

My MIL used to cook all her vegetables in the pressure cooker. Sprouts and cabbage wedges were cooked under pressure for fifteen minutes. Grey tasteless slime was the result..

[ 27. June 2015, 10:22: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I generally do all my vegetables as follows: rinse, slice if required, season to taste, wrap in aluminum foil and let them steam on the grill (gas barbeque) in their own moisture as I am grilling my meat.

(Doesn't work for onions -- those I slice and saute in butter (real butter, never butter-like chemical amalgam a/k/a margarine) in a frying pan on the grill's burner unit.)

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Margarine is not fit for cooking or spreading on bread or toast - you can't even grease bearings with it!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sprouts,lightly steamed and then warmed though with cream, a bay leaf and some nutmeg.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't started the shopping BUT I have found the packages the late-lamented bought the year after we moved here.

So, that'd be C*******s sorted, except at 21 the children have outgrown Lego..

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My BFF does not like sprouts, she finds them to be bitter. She loves mine, however!

When I make roasted veg, the sprouts go in last, for about the last ten minutes of roasting, after cutting them in half (and slicing the stem end off) then tossing them in olive oil and dried herbs. They are to die for!

And yes, I usually do roasted veg with the cookout we have for Christmas.

Time to start w*rking on the music. [Help]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Attempts to devour post.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ever thinking of my own convenience, I gave birth to my son in late June. That way, the nine living grandparents could provide all baseball gloves and summer clothes then, with all the winter stuff coming from the S-man in December. It's still nice to pass his birthday and know I don't really have to do much shopping for five months.

I hate gift buying and it's not the money, it's the decisions. It's trying to think of something that they don't already have or never wanted or wont cause discreet eye rolling. Yes, I've had a good bit of that.

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been agonizing over what to buy my sister for her second wedding; she has everything. I have decided on a bottle of gin. You can hardly fail with something that can be eaten or drunk.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I didn't know one had the choice. I had always thought that gin could only be drunk.

[ 27. June 2015, 19:51: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heh. I have a recipe, for a beet cocktail. It calls for steeping the beets in gin, which turns the gin a deep dark bloody red and makes for a fine presentation in a martini glass.

The recipe said nothing of the aftermath. But I took the gin-soaked beets and made them into a risotto. Oh, that was yummy! Gin and beets is somewhat harsh, but ameliorated with rice and lashings of parmesan it's to die for.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Interesting idea. On the rare occasions when I cook cabbage, I use a recipe from the old Delia Smith books that adds juniper berries, and I've been known to splash on a little GIN at the end to intensify the juniper flavour.

I'm not really a fan of Brussels sprouts (Kelly - you can have my share!) but they're palatable if lightly cooked and finished off with butter and chestnuts.

[ 28. June 2015, 01:23: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another foodie use for GIN is to make a very simple grapefruit starter for a meal by halving grapefruit then adding a teaspoon of GIN - refrigerate for a few hours and there is a very tasty starter for a meal. Don't try and make grilled grapefruit with this as it is a tad flammable!

Right then, as recipes are really Heaven's domain perhaps we'd better get back to Christmas which is now a mere 180 days away - the time will go SO quickly so we'd better get prepared. I think the major thing I have to do is print some new Bah! Humbug! notices.

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm teaching in the UK over summer and we take the Kids to a plate painting shop. I'm thinking of going at the weekend and painting personalised mugs for everyone. They're a bit pricier than the £5 limit I try to stick to, but think they would be good to do. Then Christmas is DONE by the end of August!!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And I haven't started the Secret Santa list yet...

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Five months to go and it will be Christmas Eve - I imagine the choirs will all be starting on learning the Christmas music soon.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'd be surprised if D. isn't at least thinking about our output for Christmas. When we lived in Belfast, we usually took our summer holidays in August, and we'd tootle up to Orkney, armed with copies of Carols for Choirs (volumes I, II and III) and sundry other appropriate material. By the time we got back, he'd probably have the carol service completely planned.

As we're taking our main holiday in November this year, the whole carol-service-planning/rehearsal dynamic will be different - I hope it doesn't suddenly sneak up on him ... [Eek!]

eta: the only advantage of being (possibly) the only choir left in Christendom who still has their carol service after Christmas is that we've got a week longer to plan for it. [Big Grin]

[ 24. July 2015, 14:14: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dormouse:
I'm teaching in the UK over summer and we take the Kids to a plate painting shop. I'm thinking of going at the weekend and painting personalised mugs for everyone. They're a bit pricier than the £5 limit I try to stick to, but think they would be good to do. Then Christmas is DONE by the end of August!!

Are these any good for you? They sell porcelain mugs and porcelain painting pens and are cheaper than the painting shops.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have YOU done YOUR Christmas shopping yet?

Time is just flying by!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
quote:
Not as such.

But I HAVE made the Christmas pudding!
[Cool]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've got two presses so far, have ideas for some others, and will be getting some whilst we are away next week.
I'll be starting Secret Santa when we're back off holiday to give people plenty of time to sign up!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:

Time is just flying by!

Stop it Uncle Pete, please. There is a rash of family birthdays around this time. I have to get that over first.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

As I said on FB - in 4 months it will all be over.

Thankfully it is not really that big a deal here which suits me fine. A quarter of a century and more in social work taught me that child abuse, elder abuse and abuse in general spirals up dramatically at Christmas so I'm happy to have it all take a back seat.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
... There is a rash of family birthdays around this time. I have to get that over first.

Me too, Loth - and D. and I aren't taking our "summer" holidays until November, so my chances of being organised* are about as remote as usual ... [Big Grin]

* well, what passes for "organised" chez Piglet anyway.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just purchased two presents
Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Friday of this week we celebrate Thiruvonam which is sort of a bit like Christmas [particularly as it is obligatory to eat far too much and then lie on the bed groaning!] so once we get that out of the way I'll have to start thinking Christmas and get down to making a list of things to buy as gifts.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
... it is obligatory to eat far too much ...

It's a tough old life, eh, Wodders? [Devil]

Actually, having seen the bit about the feast, I'll be right over ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I saw something on Facebook the other day saying something about only 78 or something days to go - terrifying or what?

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmmmm!

All presents, cards and wrapping paper bought.

But - a setback. I buy my great niece and nephew (twins) brio trains and track for birthdays and Christmases - but my niece phoned to tell me they have been given a big second hand boxful.

Scuppered!

So, back to the drawing board for those two! (I'll have to keep the already-bought brio for possible grandchildren)

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Despite having a huge box of inherited-at-least-second-hand brio type stuff (I know, because I bought off ebay for the immediately previous owner ), I *still* value getting more because it just makes BIGGER tracks [Smile]

And there's always extra special things which go with brio type railway track as well...

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

My son is 27, so I just sold all his old Brio set on Ebay for a sum that made me blink. There are some ferocious parents out there. I also contrived to unload my daughter (now over 30)'s marble track system. It is billed as an educational toy, so I was able to advertise it as having fulfilled its function.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You sold his brio??? [Eek!]

I'm 36, and my mother only recently got my old brio set out for my nephew for the first time. He loves it of course, which is great, but the sense of continuity through the generations is even better [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

When my sister told us she was expecting her first baby, the first thing Dad and my brother did was dig out his old Hornby train set. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Oh, I asked him. He is calm about Brio, and in fact does not remember the larger wooden train set. But the matchbox cars, no. I can't touch those.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
You sold his brio??? [Eek!]

I'm 36, and my mother only recently got my old brio set out for my nephew for the first time. He loves it of course, which is great, but the sense of continuity through the generations is even better [Big Grin]

I have just become a grandfather and I have a handful of my toys, including my very first Hornby locomotive from c 1962. It still runs too, but not very well on modern OO track.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I still have some Lego dating back to 1958, brought back from Germany by a friend of my father when he visited on business.

I had it, then my nephew and niece, and then our son. And it sometimes gets used at church. We're now hoping for some Good News about grandchildren ...

Of course it has grown over the years.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016