homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Votive offerings for Host, Admins and other grandees of the boards 2015 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Votive offerings for Host, Admins and other grandees of the boards 2015
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It would seem churlish in the extreme to eschew such generosity.

So... dark for me. Darker the better. No weirdness like chilli or flowers, but spiced, nuts, berries, citrus would be fine. I'm in the UK.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie jon:
The second half of the post was to say, that if shipmates have been disappointed not to send to hosts in the past, now is a good time to volunteer as you have a higher chance of getting one.

Jengie

In that case-- quick, get your bid in before the big shutdown!

Doc, I like your attitude.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm not on here much nowadays, but am very glad that the ship keeps sailing. Very happy to send a token of appreciation. I'm in UK.

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy to cough up nationally or internationally.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
CHOCORRIT
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Uh oh.

RooK's shouting for CHOCORRIT [Help]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
just wait till he whimpers...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OP improved. You are welcome.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would be happy to post anywhere. I live in Seattle, but I'm not sure Chocolate will make it in the heat. That's too bad because I work across the street from a small chocolate factory. Perhaps the chocolate covered dried cherries would make it in the heat.

There another local product for people who don't like sweets. Scappy's Bitters is across the street from where I work. I haven't been in and I don't think they sell there. However from time to time they tell us to haul away as many organic oranges and grapefruits that have had all the zest removed.

I'll leave it others to decide who might deserve bitters rather than sweets [Biased]

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shameless, shameless greed, RooK.

You should all teach him a lesson and send all his chocolate to me.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
...I'll leave it others to decide who might deserve bitters rather than sweets [Biased]

Serious GIN drinkers - there are a few of them amongst the Hs and As.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
posted by RooK: OP improved. You are welcome.
I'm kind of surprised you didn't re-post the picture of the bars of G&B fanned out like a hand of cards as a reminder of the tribute due to your Adminliness...
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just done a run through the thread and to date:

Grandees willing to receive:
  • Kelly Alves
  • jedijudy
  • Piglet
  • Mamacita
  • Lothlorien
  • Smudgie
  • Ariston
  • Marvin the Martian
  • Moo
  • Ariel
  • Gwai
  • Welease Woderwick
  • Doublethink.
  • John Holding
  • Alan Cresswell
  • dj_ordinaire
  • Imaginary Friend
  • Tubbs
  • Doc Tor
  • RooK

That makes 20 people happy to receive.

People willing to send:
  • North East Quine
  • Curiosity killed ...
  • Japes
  • Heavenly Anarchist
  • marzipan
  • jacobsen
  • Kittyville
  • Boogie
  • Qoheleth.
  • Ferijen
  • ArachnidinElmet
  • Cottontail
  • Sarasa
  • Uncle Pete
  • kingsfold
  • Beethoven
  • Patdys
  • Palimpsest

Which I make as 18 or 19 if you include myself. I have offers from hosts and admins to send chocolate and I have offers to send two parcels but it would be pleasant to spread the sending wider amongst shipmates.

As some did not post that they were willing to send anywhere the assumption is they will post within their country of residence!

Jengie

[ 11. July 2015, 15:57: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey Jengie, sorry I am such a last minute person. I can send worldwide. I know where 2 chocolate shops are in my suburb - there was only one before the quakes, so they have had some unexpected benefits [Biased] .

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Smudgie

Clear out your PM box otherwise I cannot let anyone send you chocolate!!!

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Right

The allocation is done. The numbers are exact so please will senders make an extra effort to do so! Sender in the first column recipient in the second.

Sarasa -> Doublethink.
Curiosity killed ... -> Alan Cresswell
Patdys -> John Holding
kingsfold -> Gwai
Jengie Jon -> RooK
ArachnidinElmet -> Ariel
Cottontail -> Moo
North East Quine -> Doc Tor
Heavenly Anarchist -> jedijudy
Kittyville -> Lothlorien
Japes -> Kelly Alves
Uncle Pete -> Piglet
Huia -> Welease Woderwick
Ferijen -> Ariston
Qoheleth. -> Marvin the Martian
Palimpsest -> Imaginary Friend
marzipan -> dj_ordinaire
jacobsen -> Mamacita
Boogie -> Smudgie
Beethoven -> Tubbs

A reminder of what happens now:
  1. Sender will pm relevant recipient and ask them for an address (I do NOT collect host/admin/grandee's addresses)
  2. Recipient needs to reply and it may be useful to remind sender of any specifications e.g. no chocolate
  3. Sender gets offering and sends it to recipient. Sender may use importers or ordering from within the country to avoid excessive postage if the post is International. Sender may post here to say it is on its way. This is nice but not essential.
  4. Recipient to post here when they have received so we know that the gift has arrived.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just popped down to the post office, so parcel is on its way to Doublethink.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chocolate on its way to dj_ordinaire!

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please check your RL mailbox, Lothlorien.
Posts: 291 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Will do thank you. I was not around yesterday to hear if anyone buzzed for me to come down..

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much Kittyville. Locally made chocolate, 90% cocoa as I usually buy. Sea salt and hazelnut and a flavour called Aztec which is chilli, cinnamon and vanilla. All packed up with a funny card.

I must hide these from younger grandchildren who will be here tonight.

I would have liked to have seen the postman get these through the narrow letterbox opening.

Thanks again, right up my alley on flavours.

[ 25. July 2015, 05:48: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
John,
You are in danger of me eating your gift.

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whoops! Missed the fun! I was away for the first couple of weeks in July then plain forgot. Shame on me. But good for the rest of you!

Just chiming in to thank Jengie once again for her efforts on behalf of the group, and observing how heartwarming it is to see the continuing kindness.

My waistline will probably benefit from the abstinence this year - but I'll be back next time!

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have ordered my dispatch today, apparently waiting 5-8 days is appropriate...
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Paging Piglet. The parcel disappeared yesterday awash in stamps, and the young fella at the counter assured me it would be in Newfie in 4-6 days.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll be looking out for it! Thank you. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I have been enjoying what Kittyville sent me. 90% strength, Aztec flavour. First taste is warm, spicy cinnamon. Then comes the chilli which leaves a lovely glow. A hint of vanilla. It is quite different to any other chilli chocolate and I am enjoying it.

--------------------

Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good to hear, Lothlorien!
Posts: 291 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having finally managed to go to a shop that sells something other than Mars bars, there'll be a parcel in the post tomorrow.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you very much! I'll look out for this next week.
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posted!

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Warm thanks to the kindly Arachnid who sent the surprise package of ginger chocolate (one of my favourite flavours), the lovely raspberry shards, which I hadn’t tried before, and the Pontefract cakes, which I haven’t had in years. That was definitely a trip down memory lane! Enjoying these a lot, and the card is brightening up my desk. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity!
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two steps forward, one step back. I bought two of three bars I intended to send, then ...ummm... ate one.

I'm intending to repurchase and send very soon.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You're very welcome. I'm glad it got there as the man in the post office threatened to eat the contents. [Smile]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Qoheleth.:
Posted!

A package was received this morning containing a quite incredible amount of bubble wrap. Concealed within its depths were some Ruby Port Dark Chocolates and a bag of Gin Puddles (basically chocolate buttons that taste of Gin).

This is a good day [Smile] . Many thanks Qoheleth [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huge big thank-you to Uncle Pete for the choccie gift voucher - I'll be heading to the mall very soon and trying not to spend it all at once ... [Big Grin]

Thank you! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

You can spend it, Piglet, just not eat it all at once. [Biased]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
You can spend it, Piglet, just not eat it all at once. [Biased]

Indeed. Dare I say you mustn't be a piggy!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You may indeed. [Big Grin]

As the chocolate shop is in a shopping centre, it'll give me a (completely unnecessary) excuse to go shopping ... [Devil]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

(Piglet, you posted that at precisely 00:00 on 5 August. Not a lot of people achieve that level of precision, especially when chocolate is the topic. [Overused] )
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It was still 8:30 p.m. on the 4th over here ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Time zones are so confusing, I'm sure things were easier when the world was still flat!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
I've just popped down to the post office, so parcel is on its way to Doublethink.

Recieved with much thanks [Smile] . The delay being due to royal mail card getting lost in the mess that is my hall !

Fab chocolate battens, great for a quick chocoboost at strategic moments.

[ 05. August 2015, 16:58: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

An early thank you to Huia as I have been notified that the gift she has ordered for me will arrive before 20th August - as it is not released until 10th August this is good going.

Thanks Huia!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was always taught that I didn't get to enjoy things until the thank you note was written—well, too late for that, I'm already enjoying some very delicious milk (!) chocolate (rarest of all rare delicious things, good milk chocolate) from the chocolate library (a library made of chocolate!) that arrived today.

Ferijen, many thanks...between samples.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

John, I haven't forgotten you mate.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
... the chocolate library ...

You don't have to give it back, do you? [Eek!]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posting mine tomorrow, before I head off on holiday.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Likewise, I've not forgotten you Gwai. Just not quite got around to it yet!
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Booooooooooooogie [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I came home from a long and exhaustificating (but fun) day nannying, to find a parcel waiting for me on my doorstep.
I have not yet opened it. I am saving it in eager anticipation for tomorrow which is when my week's holiday properly starts.... that way I might motivate myself to get the housework done this evening rather than leaving it until the last minute!
But knowing you, I am going to have a big smile on my face when I open it. (Assuming, of course, that it IS my parcel from you and not something far less savoury)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016