homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Inquire Within: general questions (Page 20)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  37  38  39 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Inquire Within: general questions
GCabot
Shipmate
# 18074

- Posted      Profile for GCabot   Email GCabot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Okay, can anyone explain why I have curly hair but it only begins just below ear level? It's basically straight above that point, but there's a major change just at the bottom of the ear. Hair length and layers vs. no layers makes no difference to where the curl starts, so it isn't the weight of the strands (or lack thereof).

I am frustrated because, well, it just looks weird. And because in its less-than-infinite wisdom it has decided to flip UPWARD at the end, like a toddler's line drawing of a girl's hair, so I basically look incompetent with a curling iron. But this is natural. (and no, it isn't hitting the shoulder and curling upward as a result--it doesn't even touch the shoulder at the mo).

Google is my fiend, not friend, on this one.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Perhaps you are part lamb?

--------------------
The child that is born unto us is more than a prophet; for this is he of whom the Savior saith: "Among them that are born of woman, there hath not risen one greater than John the Baptist."

Posts: 285 | From: The Heav'n Rescued Land | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lamb Chopped

Very topical at present. Basically weight,thickness and various other physical properties determines how it behaves but I suspect that you need someone with a physics degree to get further than that. .

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As an avid listener to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, I'd like to look up the playlist of all the items treated on Tuesday, 24 June 2014.

For some reason or other, I don't seem to be able to find this. I know playlists are there for some of the older Today programmes, like early 2014. Can someone please kindly provide a link for 24/06/2014? This is as far as I've got.

Many thanks. [Confused]

[ 25. June 2014, 04:00: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It looks as if they'e stopped doing the full listing - sometime in April

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, Curiosity killed... - that's what I feared.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As a local employer, I'm visiting the 6th form college for a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Day. We'll have carousel groups of about fifteen 16-17 year olds for 35-40 minutes, aiming to encourage them towards STEM courses and careers post-18.

We're presenting some good stuff drawn from our own industry (energy), but now need a simple 5 minute interactive element to challenge their thinking and balance out the programme. There's no time to do the typical STEM activities involving marshmallows and spaghetti, or whatever. I wondered if any shipmates might have an idea for something suitable? Quiz? Maths whiteboard challenge between two sides of the room?

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You may have to set up free sign in accounts but there are resources at:
the British Science Association which has lots of ideas (including the marshmallows and spaghetti construction) but also quizzes and other materials;
ASE Association of Science Educators resource pages.
Hertfordshire Grid Science starter activities;
What topic are you covering? I'd probably come up with something more specific if I knew where you were heading.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, CK. We're majoring on combustion and energy conversion (power stations), but anything STEM related could work.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

OK - some suggestions:
Energy Loop game
National Science and Engineering Week quizzes (I have sign in to that one and can e-mail if you don't want to sign up)
Future Morph site with 16+ section which has games.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

A culinary question, and one that has bugged me for ages:

I love raddishes, especially the red, apparently 'European' variety.

However, some of them appear to be pretty hot, and in a different way from let's say horseraddish (which is not a problem, as you expect that from horseraddish!). I sometimes wonder if this depends on the variety and perhaps the soil it is grown in? Is this the case? They're not just randomly hot sometimes, and sometimes not, are they?

Question 2: what could you use to soothe the impact? I've heard advice like 'drink milk', 'drink (cold) water', 'eat bread' - but have no clue as to what really is good practice. This just for the occasional over-the-top-hottity raddish.

Any thoughts? Thanks. [Smile]

[ 29. June 2014, 10:20: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

NB. I apologise for spelling 'radish' with a double-d. It is the red hot globe ones that made me do it. And it burns burns burns, like a globe of fire, a globe of fire. Honest, guv.

[ETA. Ravished by radishes: still can't spell.]

[ 29. June 2014, 14:03: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Besides the variety, radishes that have grown too slowly tend to have more heat.
As to the heat, drink water and breathe deeply. Unlike chili oils, the isothiocyanate in radishes is water soluble. And as it is more volition, the heat is often experienced in the nose, so breathing deeply removes the gases.
Carbohydrates should also help. With chilis, they form a barrier inhibiting binding with pain receptors.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Brilliant! Thanks, lilBuddha! Another mystery of everyday life solved! [Smile]

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The classic French way to eat radishes is to cut a cross in the bottom (where the leaves were) and stick a bit of butter in it. Very tasty and tones them down a bit.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone in the UK know a stockist of what used to be rice paper, now edible wafer paper, now that Dr Oetker has bought out Supercook, and discontinued it, concentrating on butterflies, flowers and cupcake cases with the stuff? I have found that Lakeland has it, but it is much more expensive than it used to be, for what it is, and would push the cost of macaroons and coconut pyramids sky high.
I've just used my last sheets with reckless abandon to wrap a sort of fudge that didn't quite work.

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whenever I can't find anything I always go search on line. Ebay, at minimum.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's a lot on line, and cheaper than Lakeland, but I do feel that it is an item that needs to be in shops.

Waitrose manages to stock edible gold leaf, which I would think has rather less call for it. (And having seen a lot of mining while I did my Earth Science degree, I don't think much of all the effort and lives going into the extraction of the stuff so it can be flushed away down the sewers.)

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How far does being ordained in the CoE mean they are considered ordained in the rest of the Anglican Communion, avoiding the Dead Horse where those are an issue (Sydney, not sure about elsewhere)? Eg can a priest ordained in the CoE get a job in TEC, Church in Wales etc without doing any extra training?

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Certinly interchangeable between Church in Wales and CofE; always used to be between Canada and CofE, similarly Church of Ireland.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think the word you are looking for is 'licensed' rather than ordained. I don't think there is any doubt that an American Episcopalian would consider an Anglican priest to be a priest, but they might still require a licence to do priestly stuff in America.

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
How far does being ordained in the CoE mean they are considered ordained in the rest of the Anglican Communion, avoiding the Dead Horse where those are an issue (Sydney, not sure about elsewhere)? Eg can a priest ordained in the CoE get a job in TEC, Church in Wales etc without doing any extra training?

Short answer is yes. As long as they are in good standing with the "home" church, they will be able to get a job in another part of the Anglican communion. The Church Times often has adverts for jobs in places like Barbados or Bermuda. Clergy moving between England, US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc is pretty common. Where I am now, there are priests who were ordained in Canada, USA, South Africa and England. There may be more countries. One guy has come from the Philippines, but I'm not sure if he was ordained there or here in Canada.

And as I can personally testify, you don't need anything "extra" (other than a lot of help in getting accustomed to a different country).

In practice, all someone needs is a letter from their bishop, sent to the bishop of the diocese to which they are going.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The priest that was vicar at my TEC church when I was little was an Anglican priest from Brazil. I believe he was educated and ordained in England.

[ 02. July 2014, 05:33: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
Does anyone in the UK know a stockist of what used to be rice paper, now edible wafer paper, now that Dr Oetker has bought out Supercook, and discontinued it, concentrating on butterflies, flowers and cupcake cases with the stuff?

You could get it from Amazon, but had you thought about making your own? There are recipes online if you wanted to try it.

[ 02. July 2014, 06:48: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

That's interesting - I'll look that up. But I abjure Amazon because of their tax practices.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You need rice flour for it. The recipes I've seen suggest you also need a quilting hoop or embroidery hoop and some cheesecloth, you make a paste with some hot water, apply it thinly to the stretched-out cheesecloth and let it dry. It would take a bit of practice to get it right but if you can't get it easily in the shops, making your own might be an option.

[ 02. July 2014, 07:31: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I couldn't find a recipe, but that is roughly what I expected, from making actual paper (I've got rid of the frame I had!). On-line is easier! (But just as expensive as Lakeland when postage taken into account.) But it doesn't answer the problem of it's withdrawal from the shops, for a basic ingredient.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Edible rice paper.

If you did order it from Amazon, it would be with free delivery.

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

And a tax fiddle.

But thanks for the recipe.

[ 02. July 2014, 16:16: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Maybe a Chinese supermarket would stock it.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Unfortunately, there isn't one near here. I'm also thinking cake decorating shop, other than Lakeland or Hobbycraft. Lakeland's nearest, and I can go there on my trip to the local cherry farm.

And I have now found such a place, with lots of the stuff, cheaper than Lakeland, in the other direction, but where I can combine it with a trip to a large garden centre, the bigger Waitrose, the posher Lidl, two Edinburgh Woollen Mill sales and the Oxfam bookshop ( I really should abjure that.)

Hooray - and thanks all for the suggestions, which have kept me thinking about it until I tracked it down.

[ 02. July 2014, 17:14: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You seem to be able to order it online from here.
Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hugal and Honest Ron Bacardi both have the same Ship avatar; the Lamb of God with the pennant. The pennant looks like the St George's Cross to me - but is it? And if it is, why the St George's Cross?

I'm trying to figure out the symbolism of a stained glass window which shows the crucified Christ (i.e. Christ with nail marks in his hands and feet), carrying that same pennant whilst speaking to a woman.

I assume it's supposed to represent John 20 14-17 - Christ speaking to Mary Magdalene - but why is he carrying a large pennant?

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That flag commonly appears in pictures of Jesus risen from the dead and signifies the resurection, whether it appears in the hand of the human Jesus or with the lamb symbol. IMHO it has nothing to do with St. George--it is simply a reminder of the cross, and of victory.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, LC, I knew there was another Shipmate with that avatar, but couldn't think who!

So, without the pennant, if someone didn't notice the nail marks on the hands and feet in the stained glass picture, it could be Jesus talking to any woman. The pennant is there to draw attention to the fact that this story references the Resurrection, which in turn lets us identify the woman as Mary Magdalene?

That makes a lot of sense as, TBH, the lead edging to the pieces of stained glass make the nail marks harder to spot, in fact I can only see the nail marks in the feet because I know to look for them.

Thank you!

[ 03. July 2014, 11:32: Message edited by: North East Quine ]

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No worries! There are a lot of us here with that avatar. Yes, I think it's mostly for ID purposes, as the holes ARE hard to see. Another tipoff is when you see the fullgrown Jesus either half-clothed or basically naked, but with this banner/shawl thingy (yes, I know there must be a proper liturgical name for ít! draped across hs middle, or even flowing through midair. I'm not sure whether that is supposed to display the risen Body or whether it's just the thought that he was probably buried naked, with winding cloths...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

In this stained glass window, Jesus is fully clothed, with a hood, full length robe, and a bit round his shoulders which looks like a cloak. The robe is pale blue/pale lilac and the visible bit of the cloak is pale pink. The effect is ethereal. Mary Magdalene (assuming that's who it is) is in deep blues and purples. The pennant is flying above their heads.
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Having looked at the stained glass windows in the local church I wondered if the colours were symbolic, red for humanity and blue for heavenly - so Mary is in red and has a blue cloak, starts human takes on heavenly aspect. Jesus wears blue as he comes from heaven and has a red cloak as he took on human form. That idea came from a discussion ages ago in Eccles I think. Does anyone know if this is right?

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Before the minor remodel of our local RC cathedral, Jesus looked like he was sailing a ship fully dressed in a cape and some sort of cloth; he now has his nether regions modestly covered and visible nail marks with no flag.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Having looked at the stained glass windows in the local church I wondered if the colours were symbolic, red for humanity and blue for heavenly - so Mary is in red and has a blue cloak, starts human takes on heavenly aspect. Jesus wears blue as he comes from heaven and has a red cloak as he took on human form. That idea came from a discussion ages ago in Eccles I think. Does anyone know if this is right?

Blue is associated with Heaven, certainly. I think red was used in Medieval art because it was a readily-available and strong colour rather than any symbolic use - though I'm happy to be proven wrong! So the use of red is more of a habit than anything else - lots of Catholic images of Mary have her in white and blue or just white, for instance.

I believe the Orthodox portray Mary wearing red and not blue, but I don't know the reason for this.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The tradition for portraying Mary in blue in Western art also came from the fact that in the case of painting, blue paint was the most expensive.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Another strange question - a hot lazy summer makes me find all sorts of weird observations... [Biased]

Why are flies attracted to us? Is it purely for the salt we transpire? (This was put forward in a recent TV documentary about a rainforest area.)

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone out there on the decks carry an Epipen? I've just been prescribed one as a precaution when on the allotments following a reaction to a bee sting, and I'd like to find a belt pouch or something similar to carry it in - as we have hives (scratch scratch) I will only really need it out there, so something I can pick up and pop on my belt would be ideal. Something that would also hold my knife would be ideal! Does anyone already use something that might fit the bill?

Many thanks,

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
so something I can pick up and pop on my belt would be ideal. Something that would also hold my knife would be ideal! [/QB]
Bugger...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It seems like a small flashlight belt pouch might work. Check out this page and choose the link in the table for "CO142" to get to the section for pouches with multiple uses. Maybe that will give you some ideas.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Another strange question - a hot lazy summer makes me find all sorts of weird observations... [Biased]

Why are flies attracted to us? Is it purely for the salt we transpire? (This was put forward in a recent TV documentary about a rainforest area.)

Animals tend to produce dung which make flies happy as a food source.
They may be attracted to your breath.
Industrial mosquito killing machines burn propane to produce hot CO2 and water vapor as a lure.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Does anyone out there on the decks carry an Epipen? I've just been prescribed one as a precaution when on the allotments following a reaction to a bee sting, and I'd like to find a belt pouch or something similar to carry it in - as we have hives (scratch scratch) I will only really need it out there, so something I can pick up and pop on my belt would be ideal. Something that would also hold my knife would be ideal! Does anyone already use something that might fit the bill?

Many thanks,

AG

When I had the traditional epi-pen, I used a neoprene pencil case - narrow tube with a zipper. Now I carry Allerject and it is much simpler.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

If you have the sort of shop that has army surplus stuff, or camping stuff, try them. And I think I've seen things in garden centres for holding pruning knives that might answer.

[ 09. July 2014, 13:16: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I carry an epipen, but I have a gigantic handbag.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What did we call the colour orange before the fruit orange was discovered?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
'Geoluhread' apparently - meaning yellow-red.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  37  38  39 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016