homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Inquire Within: general questions (Page 21)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  37  38  39 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Inquire Within: general questions
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perhaps 'flame'? I recall that Beatrice, in Dante, wore that color. Plus green and white.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
What did we call the colour orange before the fruit orange was discovered?

Come to that, what did we call that beigy-green before we discovered avocados?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Khaki? Sludge green? (I remember reading khaki in books but what we said was sludge-green.)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My point was rather that the colours exist, and are referred to (geoluhead/yellowred) until something comes along that so typifies the shade that it becomes the common referent. Hence orange, eggshell, chartreuse, avocado, ultramarine, cobalt, amber, slate, silver, gold, rose (and every other colour name which is also a thing).
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unless we called the fruit an orange cos we already had that word for the colour.
Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Actually, this whole question was thrashed out in Notes and Queries a while back.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On a similar point, I've been wondering for some time: what did people call vegetables before the word came into common use?

"Vegetable" is an awkward, spiky kind of word that's often shortened to make it easier, small children struggle with the pronunciation as well as the concept, and it's one of those Latin-based words that sounds as if it was originally a scholarly term rather than what ordinary people would have called them.

It may be that they were just referred to as "crops", or by their individual names like "turnips" and "onions", as in previous centuries the range available wasn't that great and people didn't much like eating them anyway, but it would be interesting to know.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At Kentwell our pottage is often 'roots and worts', that is, onions, carrots and cabbage so worts is probably the carry all term for leafy and above ground veg.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Greens?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ordinary people probably called them "Food".

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
My point was rather that the colours exist

Actually, that depends what you mean. Sure, *individual* colors exists (however you spell them!). Each thing that can be seen, with its current lighting doesn't indeed reflect a specific hue, saturation and value, and I'm happy to say that that exists. But, our color words never refer to just one specific color, they refer to some range. "Blue," for instance, commonly refers to a whole range of wavelengths of light between 450 and 490 nm.

Did this range 'exist'? Well, I guess that depends on your metaphysics. But, my point is that there's no a priori reason we need a word to identify things in between 450 and 490 nm, rather than one to identify things in between 475 and 515, say. In a sense, as color words are coined, colors are created, in the sense that regions of the color space are circumscribed and deemed worthy of having a name.

It's a bit like creating a new country. The land was there before, but the boundary (even if it's invisible) and the decision to have a specific name for what's inside that boundary is a new creation.

There are some very interesting comparative linguistic studies that look at how different unrelated language systems divide up the color space into different named regions. I forget the details, but there do seem to be some things that are genuinely cross-cultural and some that are very variable, in terms of where it's seen worth making what distinctions.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

I'm not unaware of that, Hart. There was a BBC Horizon on, I think, the Himba of southern Africa who divide up colours completely differently.

Different times and cultures live in different colour worlds. Preindustrial (no aniline dyes) peasant living in Northern Europe (no tropical fruit/flowers) could well inhabit a more muted palette - lot more greens, browns, russets and pastels - than we do.

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And more fugitive. Unless the color was natural (the sheep has black wool, etc.) any color you applied tended to fade out, wash out, or change fairly rapidly. In this movies and TV are highly deceptive; there was a ferocious appetite for bright colors because they were so rare, hard to achieve, and fleeting. Only modern people, jaded by their chemically stable dyes and paints, can develop a taste for beige, taupe, and gray.

--------------------

georgiaboy
Shipmate
# 11294

- Posted      Profile for georgiaboy   Email georgiaboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
That flag commonly appears in pictures of Jesus risen from the dead and signifies the resurection, whether it appears in the hand of the human Jesus or with the lamb symbol. IMHO it has nothing to do with St. George--it is simply a reminder of the cross, and of victory.

Noticed this morning that the floor tiles in front of our high altar depict the Lamb of God with flag, and that the flag is attached to a cross (I think I've seen this elsewhere) but also the hooves of the lamb are pierced with the nail-marks. This latter I've never seen (or never noticed) before. Is this the standard iconography?

--------------------
You can't retire from a calling.

Posts: 1675 | From: saint meinrad, IN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know about that, but it fits in nicely with the verse in Revelation where John sees "a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain..."

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
On a similar point, I've been wondering for some time: what did people call vegetables before the word came into common use?
The glossary of the 'Lady Grace Mysteries' book I bought my 10 year old niece defines 'potherbs' as vegetables. I think I've seen that used for vegetables in historical novels I've read too.
Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do americans call cordials?

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This site (from Pennsylvania) gives a decent definition of the term "cordial" as used in the U.S.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
This site (from Pennsylvania) gives a decent definition of the term "cordial" as used in the U.S.

Cordials don't ahve to be alcoholic in theuk they can be fruity type drinks..
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zacchaeus:
Cordials don't ahve to be alcoholic in theuk they can be fruity type drinks..

Yes, I think we tend to refer to the non-alcoholic versions as just "fruit drinks."

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Iirc, the traditional Colonial fruit and herbal drinks eventually became the syrups used in sodas. You can see the connection in things like birch beer and Utah apple soda.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, we were translating a paper written in British English into American English and could not think what the term should be. We went with "fruit flavoured drink".

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fruit punch?

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Punch here is nearly always alcoholic so probably not a good term. Cordial here refers to a flavoured syrup that is diluted with water to drink. By analogy it also refers to the diluted form.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cordials are also clear, unlike squashes, which are also diluted, and are derived from fruit. Unlike elderflower cordial.
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
Cordials are also clear, unlike squashes, which are also diluted, and are derived from fruit. Unlike elderflower cordial.

Cordials can be derived from fruit, they just tend to be thicker/more of a syrup and more often homemade. I do know people who use cordial and squash interchangeably too.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Being one of those American English speakers, I had never seen the word squash be anything but the vegetable- yellow, crookneck, zucchini, and so forth. It still seems wrong for it to mean a pleasant fruity drink.

"Cordial" isn't used here very often (the word, I mean) except by ladies over 80.

That PA website says: A liqueur added to coffee makes a decadent after-dinner drink. I, naughtily, like it in my morning coffee. [Biased]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Or a somewhat madcap young peoples' fun-and-games evening (that will tell you something about both my age and my social background ...).

"Squash", that is, not "cordial".

[ 30. July 2014, 17:18: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

You know that colas, and other carbonated drinks of that type, are sold as syrups. The syrup comes in large containers and is combined with carbonated water at the drinks station, or when you buy it at the counter, so that the fizzy is good and fresh when you drink. So maybe the word is 'syrup.'

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't think I suggested that cordials were not derived from fruit - most are. It was the clarity I was stressing - squashes are cloudy, and less syrupy, as you say.
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by georgiaboy:
...noticed this morning that the floor tiles in front of our high altar depict the Lamb of God with flag, and that the flag is attached to a cross

Before we got a life-size crucifix hanging from the ceiling a few years ago, there was a wooden sculpture of a robed Christ standing up in a medium-sized boat waving a rather large flag!

My parish is the local Roman Catholic cathedral and this sculpture was attached to the back wall, very high up. I like the crucifix better, though my wife who is Anglican is intimidated by it and thinks that there is too much blood!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A Facebook question.

A couple of weeks ago I got a notification on FB that X had "accepted my Friend request" and we were now FB friends. X is a young teen at church and I definitely hadn't sent him a Friend request. I was baffled, but I just defriended him immediately - I don't want FB friends under the age of 18.

Yesterday, I got a notification that Y had "accepted my Friend request." Y is an older lady at church - I am FB friends with her daughter. Again, I was sure that I had sent no such request. I spoke to her at church and she was equally baffled, because she said that she hadn't received a Friend request from me, and that even if she had, she probably wouldn't have accepted it.

How has this happened - I didn't send a request to Y, she didn't receive a request from me, and yet we ended up "Friends"?

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Go to your profile and click on "Friends". You may see some "Friend Requests" waiting there.

Some of them, I know that the person actually sent it. For others, I have been notified that my brother or another friend recommended that we should be friends.

Sometimes it says things to say you are now friends but if you check your actual list of friends, their name is not there. I think the notification is a little premature and they are hoping you will click to accept that person as a a friend.

You can also see "Friend Request Sent" and see which people have been sent a request. I had several people in there and I did not send requests.

Facebook is sometimes very mysterious!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

So a third party can send friend requests? Because I have been mightily puzzled by receiving a friend request from the head of the company that fired me.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Help!

I hve spilled tee on my keybord nd the 'ehy' doesn't work eny more - is there enything I cn do??

[Confused]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you only just did this, it could be that when it dries out, the key might work again. I assume you've dried it out as thoroughly as possible and run a bit of kitchen towel under the key to remove as much liquid as you can?

Otherwise replacement (of keyboard) may be the answer.

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
other that the posh perfume/fragrance versions you see at Christmas (like CK one, or Hilfiger etc), does anyone (UK) know of a deodorant stick which is NOT an anti-perspirant ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

If you have a quantity of white rice, try burying the entire device in it -- rice absorbs moisture.
Buy a can of canned air and blow it around the difficult key.
My husband the computer guy says that if you take sugar in your tea it may be too late. The sugar is bad for he contacts.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
other that the posh perfume/fragrance versions you see at Christmas (like CK one, or Hilfiger etc), does anyone (UK) know of a deodorant stick which is NOT an anti-perspirant ?

From the first page of the Walmart website...
Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Deodorant
Speed Stick Active Fresh Deodorant
Speed Stick Ocean Surf Deodorant
Tom`s of Maine makes several
Old Spice makes several

And there were pages and pages on that site so it might be worth a look. Personally, I only use scent-free and fairly natural products so just looking at these was close to setting me off but I was curious. [Smile]

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Wet Kipper

You mean like this?

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am horrifically allergic to Lush deodorant, including all the ones they say are hypoallergenic, even worse than I'm allergic to the normal antiperspirant deodorants. One I've found I can use is the salt crystal deodorants, and there are a couple of others I can use with care.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
I am horrifically allergic to Lush deodorant, including all the ones they say are hypoallergenic, even worse than I'm allergic to the normal antiperspirant deodorants. One I've found I can use is the salt crystal deodorants, and there are a couple of others I can use with care.

Have you tried the Body Shop's aloe deodorant? It's with the aloe skincare range. Also, Dr Organic (available in Holland & Barrett) is a nice brand and does several deodorants.

Wonder why you have a reaction to all the Lush deodorant as the dry ones are just bicarb, clay and essential oils - I wonder if it's an essential oil you're allergic to.

--------------------

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In colonial days, there were shrubs... fruit drinks with vinegar added. There were also rickeys which were usually alcoholic but also survived in New England as a soda fountain drink; I remember fondly the cherry lime rickey which was made with s small lime, cherry (or raspberry) syrup and soda water.

Fruit punch could mean alcoholic or non-alcoholic and there were the citrus drinks, orangeade, lemonade. limeade and grapeade which are juice, sugar and water. And there are ciders which since prohibition are most commonly non-alcoholic.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Not over here, ciders aren't. And some are very powerful indeed. Tread warily should you visit. (There used to be brands called Cydrax and Peardrax, which were non-alcoholic, but I haven't seen them for ages.)
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The US Food and Drug Administration sets definitions for words describing food. Legally, "cider" refers to fluid extracted by pressing and "juice" to fluid extracted by the application of heat.

It isn't uncommon to see "apple juice" and "apple cider" side-by-side on the shelf in nearly identical jugs, neither of which is alcoholic.

Cider that has fermented is called "hard cider". It is regaining popularity, with more small orchards making hand-crafted varieties. But by volume sold, most cider is non-alcoholic.

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
Not over here, ciders aren't. And some are very powerful indeed. Tread warily should you visit. (There used to be brands called Cydrax and Peardrax, which were non-alcoholic, but I haven't seen them for ages.)

Apparently Trinidad & Tobago is the place to get them
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But please somebody tell me that this is a spoof

[ 11. August 2014, 15:55: Message edited by: Albertus ]

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sadly not, Albertus: although it is officially 'unusual' the Jones Soda Company really do make a Bacon flavour fizzy drink.

They don't manufacture all of their most esoteric flavours all the time but their output of bizarre (or weirdly named) drinks is impressive - they used to do a juice called a Big Boob Betty [Confused]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone have the words to a Fisherfolk song - "I walk with you my children" - the chorus runs "And all creations waiting on tiptoe just to see, the sons of God come into their own". It might actually be called "On tiptoe"

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It looks like at least some of them might be here.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  37  38  39 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016