homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Inquire Within: general questions (Page 35)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Inquire Within: general questions
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My late papa was appointed by a patron, and the whole family had to troop off to be inspected by the patron before he was offered the living.

I think there's something to be said for preserving freehold, but the grounds for removing a priest from a parish - and the mechanism for so doing - should be brought into the modern era.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Confusing. I suppose there is not a website summarizing the history of how the regs have developed over time. Does this reform process have a name? "Reformation" has been copped by another bunch of people.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone have a link to the site which sells Christian/Bible themed colouring in books? Things like psalm-based art and there was one based on the names of God. It was Celtic-based and definitely aimed at adults, but from Googling all I can find is stuff aimed at children.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
you mean Lindisfarne Scriptorium?

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Two words in the same language with different roots but the same meaning are synonyms.

Two words in different languages, but with the same root and meaning are cognate.

Is there is a word which describes two words in different languages with the same root but different meanings?

E.g. in Scottish Gaelic paisd (toddler) has the same Latin root as page (as in pageboy), and feasgar(evening) has the same Latin root as vespers. They are a mirror image of synonyms (different language, same root, different meaning). They are closer to being cognate (different languages, same root) but they're not cognate because they have different meanings.

What are they?

Not answering the question, but it has reminded me of something which really gave me a start when talking with some Romanian-speaking friends. When we say 'thank you' when somebody does something for us, sometimes the reply 'it was nothing' is appropriate. The Romanian equivalent is 'pentru nimic', which translates as 'for nothing'. So a few times during a conversation in English I remember saying 'thanks', and them replying 'for nothing' and then wondering why I looked confused and slightly offended! It took it happening a couple of times for me to realise what was going on there. Apologies for the (at least vaguely relevant) tangent.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
From contemporary novel reading and reading church boards listing vicars, weren't parsonage posts often for life? ...

It's only recently that parsons have been appointed for fixed terms, with possible extension. A local parish priest retired in 2011 having been appointed to that parish in 1959 and the longest serving vicar in the same parish in 2012 had served since 1957.

AIUI livings, like many offices in the C18/C19, were seen as a form of property- the term 'freehold' is not coincidental. But even under Common Tenure or whatever it's called, isn't it still the case that once you are appointed vicar/ rector rather than 'priest-in-charge' or some similar managerialist abomination, you can stay until you hit the compulsory retirement age of 70, assuming of course good behaviour?
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pomona, I was going to suggest Lindisfarne Scriptorium also
Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lindisfarne Scriptorium is the one! Thank you - I kept searching for things related to Iona so I was on the right lines!

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone know anything about leeches? I have been trying to find out if they are more likely to bite some people than others and if so why, but can't find much with an online search.

I went hiking with a group of around 20 hikers today and we saw many land leeches. One man got bitten three times and many other hikers had leeches crawling on them. However none came near me or a few of the other hikers. Thinking about it, I have hiked in the same area before and similar areas lots of times with family members and never even seen a leech. Could myself and my family somehow not be attractive to them?

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Might it be blood sugar levels? I've heard that some people apparently taste sweeter than others (which is why mosquitos also plague some people but not others).
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mosquitos don't like me much either. I ascribe it to the alcohol level in my blood, which I try to keep at a sustained level at a regular basis [Smile]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As far as mosquitoes go, there seems to be a difference in populations and their tastes. My husband never gets bitten here (while I get chomped). But he gets bitten at summer camp 100 miles away. I think the ones at camp just have a taste for Vietnamese food.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I lived in New Hampshire, I took garlic pills, which repelled mosquitoes and blackflies. Here in southwest Virginia, the pills appear to make no difference.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think that garlic is good for your health in any case.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I do tend to get low blood sugar sometimes, Ariel. Maybe my blood is not tasty enough! I used to get bitten by mozzies more as a child, but only get a few bites now when it is their season. My mum gets bitten a lot, so it is best to stand next to her at outdoor family gatherings.

Animals and who they attack seems to be a theme for me this week. Yesterday I was walking to the bus stop and my neighbour was walking behind me. I have never spoken to this neighbour, but he called out 'excuse me' and then asked if the Australian magpies down a particular street attacked me. He has taken to avoiding that street as they always swoop him.

I felt kind of bad to say they never bother me when I walk that way to the shops or train station. I explained that they do tend to target certain people and once they have picked you as a threat they will quite likely always see you that way. I told him to make eye contact with them as that is supposed to help, but he seemed pretty nervous. I always look at them in a friendly manner and think kind words to them (or talk to them sometimes if there is no one around - they are quite tame), however I was afraid my neighbour might think I was a bit strange if I told him that.

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AngloCatholicGirl
Shipmate
# 16435

- Posted      Profile for AngloCatholicGirl   Email AngloCatholicGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Has anyone taken the free upgrade to windows 10? Is it less frustrating than 8 and 9 or should I stick like glue to windows 7 on the laptop?

--------------------
Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise -Samuel Johnson

Posts: 75 | From: Now from across the pond | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AngloCatholicGirl:
Has anyone taken the free upgrade to windows 10? Is it less frustrating than 8 and 9 or should I stick like glue to windows 7 on the laptop?

There's a thread in Hell about Windows 10.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AngloCatholicGirl:

Read articles by those who have compared them. I would avoid upgrading until close to the end of the free period, regardless. I still use Win 7 as I am concerned about compatibility with some of my programs and am in no hurry to be part of an extended Beta test. BTW, there is no Win 9.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
AngloCatholicGirl

There are also several relevant posts in the 'It's Geek to me...' thread - see here.

I updated my laptop PC from Windows 8 without any serious problems (see my posts on that thread), I think that W10 is an improvement on W8 - not difficult to achieve! I should add that I don't make that much use of my laptop - most of what Mrs TonyK and I do is on our older Windows 7 desktop. I'm not planning to upgrade this PC in the foreseeable future, if at all. Mrs TonyK would admit that she's far from being computer-literate and would probably prefer to stay with what she is used to for as long as possible!

I should also add that there have been remarkably few reports about problems with W 10 since its release, although there have been some large, but apparently not critical, updates.

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
AngloCatholicGirl
Shipmate
# 16435

- Posted      Profile for AngloCatholicGirl   Email AngloCatholicGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Will check that thread out. Thanks!

--------------------
Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise -Samuel Johnson

Posts: 75 | From: Now from across the pond | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I heard it again. Someone said "beats the BeJesus out of me". Or is it "(b)Jesus" as opposed to (a)Jesus? How bad are oaths like this considered nowadays? I'm thinking not so bad.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oxford English Dictionairies have this. And a linguistics discussion board offers further insights.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An Irish friend on Facebook always spells it "bejaysus", just as it would be pronounced. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Precisely. And as used by the Irish it isn't blaspheming or swearing - more like extempore prayer.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's very helpful. It is used as equivalent to "scare the crap out of..." and "beat the crap out of...", which the links help understand. Bejesus (however spelled) seems to have been picked up in southeast Saskatchewan and east to Winnipeg (Manitoba) by the Ukrainian and other folks with heritage from that area of Europe, which is where I was hearing it. Weirdly, "scare/beat the [i]living/i] crap/bejesus" is also said.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does sneezing cure hiccups? Or is it commonly thought to?

I ask because Eryximachus claims it does in Plato's Symposium, and the other cures he suggests are all things that are commonly suggested still today, but I'd never heard of that one before.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone have any experience of trying to recover a package from Royal Mail when it hasn't been delivered?

They do their best to make people feel it is their fault, in my current experience.

At the place I posted it (with another similar one, which arrived) they claimed it was nothing to do with them once it had been picked up, and they had no forms but sent me to ring up Customer Services. They also said I should have paid for it to be tracked. I had naively imagined that first class for next day delivery was a contract that they would adhere to without extra money.

When I rang Customer Services, I could only listen to a robot, who told me that they simply could not do anything to trace my package, and directed me to a claim form online.

So I filled in the form. I was not able to claim compensation yet as the person I bought it from hadn't given me a receipt. (Nice wood turning workshop in the Faroes, have a look at his lampshades. This was only a small box, not in his gallery.)

I emailed the workshop to see if I could get another, and to see if he could send a receipt.

No answer from anyone yet. It had not been left with the recipient's neighbours. I plan to write to the near Sorting Office here, and to the one near the intended recipient.

It should get back here if not delivered - under the re-use label, well stuck on, was my address, also on the back of the jiffy bag. I have doubts.

Can anyone offer any hope about this? One reads stories about abandoned bags. (And a sister had an empty package from Australia delivered with the customs label itemising a pearl necklace on it. A family heirloom.)

[ 03. September 2015, 12:15: Message edited by: Penny S ]

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Adam.: Does sneezing cure hiccups? Or is it commonly thought to?
It seems that for at least for one person, sneezing causes hiccups.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

Aargh! While I was looking for this, I found on different websites that an effective remedy against hiccups is a digital rectal massage. Try this at your own discretion.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still better than the old analogue one, isn't it. [Two face]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
It seems that for at least for one person, sneezing causes hiccups.

Actually that happened to me just the other day - a sneeze started a fit of hiccups. (Though it normally doesn't - I get sneezing fits fairly often, but haven't had hiccups in a long time.)

I cured the hiccups in my normal way - drinking a glass of water as slowly as possible.

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't had hiccups for ages, but I used to drink water from the other side of the glass to stop them.
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
I haven't had hiccups for ages, but I used to drink water from the other side of the glass to stop them.

That was my technique also.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Our family remedy was to hold your breath as long as possible.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
quote:

That was my technique also.

Moo

Me too, but this causes derision amongst my 'new' family who haven't heard of this before! But the bending over while sipping the water does seem to help.

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I suspect that if I tried that I'd just end up getting very damp. Holding my breath and counting to 10 usually does the trick for me.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My sister used to get them very badly. Her trick was to swallow a teaspoonful of sugar in one mouthful from the spoon. No chewing, not little bits at a time. Just a mouthful straight down. It is not easy. I think that anything which breaks the current breathing cycle is a help.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Upside-down drinking nearly always worked for me. The trouble is, it sort of break office decorum and can result in a soggy tie.

The other trick that works for some people is very spicy food. i.e. something at least the strength of a madras curry.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
My sister used to get them very badly. Her trick was to swallow a teaspoonful of sugar in one mouthful from the spoon. No chewing, not little bits at a time. Just a mouthful straight down. It is not easy. I think that anything which breaks the current breathing cycle is a help.

Honey. Easier to swallow, accomplishes the same thing.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

Now that we're talking about it, does anyone have an explanation of why I always sneeze exactly twice?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Now that we're talking about it, does anyone have an explanation of why I always sneeze exactly twice?

Because you are allergic to an isolated sneeze.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
... something at least the strength of a madras curry.

It would have to be a marathon attack of the hiccups to last until you could make a curry (or even order a takeaway)... [Eek!] [Big Grin]

[ 07. September 2015, 15:30: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
quote:

Because you are allergic to an isolated sneeze.
Nice one [Smile]

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

Honey. Easier to swallow, accomplishes the same thing.
Drinking liquid from a glass or through a straw also works, as long as you drink, drink, drink, drink and disrupt your breathing cycle.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
... something at least the strength of a madras curry.

It would have to be a marathon attack of the hiccups to last until you could make a curry (or even order a takeaway)... [Eek!] [Big Grin]
The world record is currently held by an American who hiccupped for 68 years. All the way from 1922 until 1990. He died a year later.
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Ariel: The world record is currently held by an American who hiccupped for 68 years. All the way from 1922 until 1990. He died a year later.
So his final year was hiccup-free?

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Yes, he had to wait until he was 97, but he got there in the end.
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Ariel: Yes, he had to wait until he was 97, but he got there in the end.
I'd be interested to know what his cure was.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

It just sort of stopped apparently. They never found out why.
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Ariel: It just sort of stopped apparently. They never found out why.
That must have been something. Suddenly after 68 years you're out of hiccups.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016