homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The pause that refreshes

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The pause that refreshes
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is it that you do on a regular basis that gives you both enjoyment and relief from a busy day?
For me it is that moment when I shed both shoes and bra. Free at last.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tea!

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's that moment when I open my front door after a long journey home. Journey's end. Kick off the shoes, dump the bags. Peace and quiet and chocolate.
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Graven Image: What is it that you do on a regular basis that gives you both enjoyment and relief from a busy day?
(Alright, who's going to be the first to say it? [Devil] )

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The dinner is in hand, the evening concert is playing on Radio 3, the table laid, the wine opened. Time for a Little Something.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
Graven Image: What is it that you do on a regular basis that gives you both enjoyment and relief from a busy day?
(Alright, who's going to be the first to say it? [Devil] )
I thought jacobsen already did [Biased]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coming home and being greeted by my dog.
[Axe murder]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Going outside to look at (and talk to) my orchids is very refreshing! The flowers resemble faces with mouths so in my imagination, they are laughing and nodding at me!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Tea!

Wine! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Tea!

Wine! [Smile]
[Overused]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A short walk, or a long one if time permits.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Settling down in my recliner armchair with a good book.
Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My regular walk in the bush, along the path above the stream, listening to the water and the birds, or stopping to watch the reflection of the sunlit treetops in the still pools.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chamois:
Settling down in my recliner armchair with a good book.

For "recliner" read "sofa" and add quite a large teddy-bear. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I get off the bus at the end of the street and walk towards my house. Often there is a black and white furry being sitting in front of my neighbour's fence - it's Georgie-Porgy, the one cat welcoming committee. As I draw near she leaps onto a fence post and sits there purring. We have a quick cuddle then she races to the door, waits to be let in, and goes to sit by her food dish.

The fact that she can easily get in without me is immaterial.

Only one of my other cats, the Late Great Sam [Tear] has ever done this and as they spent a night sleeping on the spare bed together before he died I like to think he advised her that this was a way that she could be accepted into the house (she was a stray at the time).

Huia

[ 19. May 2016, 09:16: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I go to a coffee shop before work, and I go swimming after work. If I don't go swimming, I have a bath. I like the feeling of washing off the stresses of the day. I like to get into my pyjamas as soon as possible once I'm home.
Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

There was a girl along the corridor from me in halls of residence who'd have a bath straight after supper (about 6:30 p.m.) and sit in the lounge in her dressing-gown for the evening.

I suppose that was fine and dandy in a place with good central heating, but for most of the year, Château Piglet isn't really warm enough for PJs - warm fuzzy sweaters would be more like it ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I moved into my then non-centrally heated flat, and had only an open fire in the living room for heating, I made myself a quilted kaftan with generous polyester wadding. Comforting but bulky, though quite light-weight.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fineline:
I go to a coffee shop before work, and I go swimming after work. If I don't go swimming, I have a bath. I like the feeling of washing off the stresses of the day. I like to get into my pyjamas as soon as possible once I'm home.

When I lived in Liverpool and worked in Birkenhead I had a twice daily commute through the old tunnel and found it was a sort of rebirthing thing - even more so if I screamed in the tunnel! Three deep breaths and then scream as loudly as possible in the car [windows closed] on my way through. Very therapeutic and also made me giggle every time.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
Originally posted by Fineline:

When I lived in Liverpool and worked in Birkenhead I had a twice daily commute through the old tunnel and found it was a sort of rebirthing thing - even more so if I screamed in the tunnel! Three deep breaths and then scream as loudly as possible in the car [windows closed] on my way through. Very therapeutic and also made me giggle every time.
Remind us - did you choose to leave the UK or were you asked to go? [Razz]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016