homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Raise a glass to those who've passed and those who've wandered through.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Raise a glass to those who've passed and those who've wandered through.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Gambit thread had me thinking. The Ship is more than its prominent members, it is all who have crossed the decks. I love that the Gambit meet happens, that certain Shipmates are remembered with fanfare. People who've strongly added fire, interest, warmth, those who have departed suddenly or tragically. But this post is for everyone else.
So, barman, a pint of your best all round.
Raise your glasses to those who've wandered through quietly, those who speak seldom, but listen often. Drink to those who've softly departed with nary a trace.
From Captain down to cabin boy, to passengers and crew,
let us remember those we've long forgotten, and those we never knew.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Salud. [Tear]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For example:
quote:
In the past 30 minutes, 9 people have visited Raise a glass to those who've passed and those who've wandered through.
<snip> ...and 1 sneaky types.

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good call.

Whilst the Absent Friends meet started off as a London meet-up to remember Gambit, who loved a London Shipmeet, it seems appropriate to me that it become a time when we remember all....Indeed we now toast not just Gambit, but Ken and Erin and others.

And where those around the world can join in too, whether by having physical meets, or raising a glass with us wherever you are on Sat 6 Feb or with threads such as this.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll join you in a virtual GIN in their memory.

Slainte mhor! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many people have passed through. I miss many of those. Godric, Corpus Cani. Some I see on FB.

Many have died. One in particular is deuce2, my brother, whose absence from my life is still a source of pain.

To those named, to those not, I salute you.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly left for glory long before I joined the Ship but I've read her thread several times and feel as though I knew her.

I was much moved by the honesty and raw emotion in the threads that surrounded jlg's passing.

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be glad to raise a GIN with you, piglet - at ffrindiau absennol (to absent friends).

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016