homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » MancsMeet? May Day Bank holiday w/e

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: MancsMeet? May Day Bank holiday w/e
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My employers are kindly sending me to Manchester at the end of April. Fortunately, they've told me to book a return ticket [Razz] .

My plans aren't yet fully formed, but I expect to be open to offers from the evening of Fri 29th until the afternoon of the BH Mon 2nd if someone would care to organise a meet or two.

I can't bring chilli [Mad] , but I can supply Rosa Mystica [Axe murder] at a discount if ordered in advance (see sig).

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd be more than willing to come up to Manchester, but it's unlikely that I'll be in the UK around that time.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I should be free that weekend.
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I work for a bank, so bank holidays are always free days [Smile]

I should be able to make it through the Pennines. I expect LRP will be with me.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm free on the 30th (daytime) so long as puppy can come too [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<Bumpity, bump>

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was hoping to come and play, but I've been told I'm helping at a May Fayre on the Saturday (30 April) which is going to wipe out Saturday and probably part of Sunday. I am not best pleased.

(The same organising hand has also deemed me non-essential at a trip to see Stomp, which I'd quite like to see, after telling me to keep that weekend free. So I didn't book to go to Oxford Folk Weekend, and the accommodation I was hoping to use is no longer available. Colour me even less amused.)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

We're now two weeks away from this weekend, so if we can find a time that's convenient and local Shipmates can recommend a venue, we're on. My times are still fairly flexible as per the OP.

I've not visited Manchester before, so would also be glad of suggestions for must-visit places. I'm likely to be based in Sale, but public transport looks plentiful.

--------------------

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sat or Mon should be okay plenty of trains for Balaam and myself to catch. There are a few Manx shipmates who should be able to make recommendations of things to do if they are available. If not we can make a few of our own suggestions but coming from theme other side of the pennies we only know parts of Manchester.
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Q for the prod. I'm in a slightly tight situation regarding childcare; I wouldn't want folks to organise a date with me in mind and then not be able to come. So far it looks like the evenings of the BH weekend are free, so I hope to join you all, but I'll have to pull out if I end up looking after the kids.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tried to edit, but too late - so just to add:

If it ends up being a daytime thing then I'll have a go at getting away for a bit; I'll have to see.

Things to do in and around Manchester - science museum, Styal Mill, walk the canals through the city (perhaps avoid the bit under Pic. station unless you're a hard nut or you like cottaging and the smell of p*ss [Smile] ) - what kind of things do you like? Manchester art gallery, Whitworth a.g., Salford City a.g. are all good - personally I'm less keen on the Lowry centre which is a shame as I love Lowry and used to enjoy going to see the pics when they were at the Salford city place.

The city had industry before I got here ('89) and for most of my time here it had post-industrial decay, which I liked. Now it seems to have a lot of new hotels, bars and estate agents - people must find something to come and look at!

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

So - Saturday, then? Daytime suits Boogie + dog.

--------------------

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saturday's okay suggest meeting up about 2 any suggestions where can come earlier if preferred.
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

I already have a lunch time meet, so perhaps a bit later?

--------------------

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Okay how about 3pm or 4
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

We will be coming into Manchester Piccadilly.Manchester Victoria is closed.just let us know if you still want to meet.
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

Yes, certainly still want to meet. Will PM with phone number

--------------------

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Okay just in case anyone else decides to join us. Meet at Piccadilly Gardens Tourist information about 3.30 3.45 today.
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

We'll be there!

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry I missed it [Frown]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're still in Manchester if you want to join us, Boogie. [Smile]

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

Lovely mini-meet with lovely people. Extractor fan ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Yes lovely to meet up with you both.
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

... and m_in_m and I managed to arrange to meet up today, on my way back to the station

--------------------

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a really lovely time. Good to catch up.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016