homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » i just don't know if i can fake it anymore.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: i just don't know if i can fake it anymore.
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
souls are tasteless, the screams of the damned bring me no satisfaction, and despite the terrified obeisance of a legion of minions, my life seems empty and all i can do is cry. i know i am only disappointing those who rely on me being the ancient devourer of souls, but i look and like and realize i have been to the bottomless abyss, but i have never been to me.

i have taken a long look in the mirror. i have to take my life in my tentacles and make a change. and i really think i have to admit to myself the most terrifying thing of all- i just want people to like me.

see? i'm not even yelling anymore. will anyone forgive my millennia of torment and be my friend?

--------------------
I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL. Nothing personal.

Posts: 78 | From: R'lyeh | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Only if you have a bouncy castle for us to play on. [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Standing at a distance to keep safe...

Oh you poor, cuddly wee creature. Do you always feel like this on April 1st?

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
i thought christians believed in unconditional love.

i thought this was a christian website, actually. that's another thing. i finally have had to look deep in my--i want to say soul, but impenetrable darkness feels better--i looked deep there and realized the reason i hang out here so much is not to menace an terrorize you as i have been telling myself for so long, but that perhaps that still small voice is whispering to me. maybe i need to be redeemed.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sometimes, even gods change for the better, and grow.

And whether your angst is that of your Ship persona or your offline self, you matter. Talking it out in a safe space, with a counselor, might help.

[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Christianity at its best:

Singalong, you know you want to

Beautiful Christian Music

Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

i had a counselor once. i think i ate him. it's all a blur. i am so screwed up! [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

--------------------

Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

quote:
Originally posted by Beenster:

that... that... stirs something in me...

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did you raise a tentacle in ecstasy at that music when it stirred someting in you? Personally, I would rather have a tentacle than an earworm from it.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmm...how about a battle between you and the Flying Spaghetti Monster? You look so similar, that you'd probably be evenly matched. Maybe arm wrestling? Frozen tomato sauce balls at 50 parsecs? Crawling up the Empire State building? Skateboarding down Route 66?

[ 01. April 2016, 06:52: Message edited by: Golden Key ]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must say that I feel deeply for the OPer but do see some problems ahead should a wish to be baptised appear on the agenda.

If so should it be by immersion or by sprinkling?

If by immersion, is there a pool, lake, river, ocean big enough available?

If by sprinkling would a fire hose be sufficient and would the subsequent fog caused by reacting of the water on the skin be a traffic hazard on any nearby roads?

Thirdly, would we need a ruling from The Holy Father in Rome as to whether this is a Right and Proper use of Holy Water?

Just a few little worries but meanwhile may the OPer be aware that many folks here will be uplifting the situation in prayer, hopefully without the assistance of Mr Cliff Richard!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
see? i'm not even yelling anymore. will anyone forgive my millennia of torment and be my friend?

Yes, of course. I'm sure someone here can organize a rota of friendship until lunchtime, though if you want the service to continue after that there may be a charge. The millennia of torment can be negotiated separately. It might be best to do that in instalments as it is rather a quantity of years.

Gentle readers - do post if you would like to be Cthulhu's friend at some point this morning and are willing to waive the usual fee.

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, we can write you down for church cleaning roster on Saturday morning then?

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

i would consider it an honor.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Cthulhu: i would consider it an honor.
I knew it! The tentacled atrocity is American [Smile]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

that... that... stirs something in me...
Ah, but ... in order to truly repent you need to promise to stop shit stirring ...

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
I think this is would love to belong returned as a sock puppet.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love knitting socks but draw the line at all those tentacles.😳

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
[Big Grin]

Suppose it'd make this geezer good for a group hug.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

hugs? hugs make things better.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meh. I liked you better when you were sending people insane with the sure and certain knowledge of unspeakable horrors that await them beyond the fragile veil of this world.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

❤❤((huggles))❤❤

This is becoming a habit my dear - people will talk [Angel]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
... hopefully without the assistance of Mr Cliff Richard!

Isn't he a "Sir" these days? [Big Grin]

If the OPer wants uplifting music, I'd suggest he look no further than the works of Byrd, Tallis and Gibbons.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dearest Cthulhu, my prayers have been answered! Long ago, when you first threatened to make me die horribly, I started praying for whatever passes for your soul. Actually, I prayed for you to have digestive issues after eating people, but that's neither here nor there.

When I informed Daughter-Unit of my prayers, she crocheted wee prayer partners for us.

Rest assured, you will find love and hugs here. It will be difficult for you at first, but with perseverance, you will find peace and joy,

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

Try knitting testicles. Far more tasty than tentacles.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
souls are tasteless, the screams of the damned bring me no satisfaction, and despite the terrified obeisance of a legion of minions, my life seems empty and all i can do is cry. i know i am only disappointing those who rely on me being the ancient devourer of souls, but i look and like and realize i have been to the bottomless abyss, but i have never been to me.

i have taken a long look in the mirror. i have to take my life in my tentacles and make a change. and i really think i have to admit to myself the most terrifying thing of all- i just want people to like me.

Bless your shriveled, wrinkly, black heart. [Tear]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Iz u Happy Cthulhu now or haz u still the sads?
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmm...there are probably a few steps to achieving peace and friendship with the family here:
Step One *Repent.
DID you actually say sorry for the millennia of torment you have inflicted? Sorry - you can't skip this step by saying you're just tired of doing what you do. You won't like it, but meh. Eat me.
Step two is dependant upon completing step one. *Forgiven.
Always. Doesn't mean we won't forget you have eaten some of us though.
Step Three * New Life. Your purpose for existence will change. This includes gratitude and service...I'm sure all those tentacles are good for something that can bless the ship. Not too sure how you are going to look with both tentacles and wings though. I believe the Angel of Death role has already been taken, but I'm sure the Captain can find you a place on board somewhere.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

I feel like some of you are trying to provoke me.

Especially those DAMN LITTLE KNIT-- forgive me.

First of all, as I come to you in my fragile, vulnerable state, it is the Height of Cruelty to mock me. Second, it will probably not surprise you that I have been diagnosed with rage addiction, and for me it is not so much taking it one day at a time but thirty seconds at a time. What I am saying is I have a Very Short Fuse, and I come asking you for gentle loving care as I learn to be the glorious Higher Self I know I was Always meant to be.

As you can see I am struggling not to raise my voice, so please. Please. Be Kind.

Don't. Light. The Fuse.

[ 01. April 2016, 21:04: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

banner lady, your firm but gentle tone is like the still pulsing blood of- i mean, like strong hot coffee to me. bless you for your advice. will you be my sponsor?

i will now take step one.
i am s-
i am sssssssssss
i am truly and heartily ssssssssGRRAAGHHHHHHHARRRRGGH

maybe i need to go meditate.

[ 01. April 2016, 21:10: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

Try knitting testicles. Far more tasty than tentacles.
Lots of patterns around for such thing, actually. And patterns for a uterus and tubes, also for peter heaters.

No thanks Beenster for the earworm. I had a bad night last night and woke multiple times. Every time, I could hear that song in my head.

Perhaps I need a hug instead of giving one to our multi tentacled friend.

[ 01. April 2016, 22:18: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

quote:
maybe i need to go meditate.

{Gives the Old One meditation cushions, portable prayer wheels, and a set of prayer beads for each tentacle. Plus a soothing teddy bear and a blankie. And animal crackers, and cocoa to drink.}

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Wuss.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

I'm getting that FEELING AGAIN...

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Ah good, you're beginning to feel better. We'll soon have you back in your little house of bones under the sea, dreaming dark dreams again.
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

This might help
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Will I be your sponsor? Of course. I have always wanted to be a godmother, and you are the first to have asked. I'm a little old fashioned when it comes to catechising though, and we shall begin at Pentecost in preparation for full baptism next Easter.

Your temperament, being somewhat volatile, needs a measured approach. This may seem risky to some of our fellow shippies, but I assure you that if you DO eat me, it will just change you from the inside out. The banner pole might stick in your craw, too.

I am glad you are meditating. We need to light your fuse with a different kind of spirit. I suggest when you are tempted then chant "Jesus, remember me, when I come into your kingdom."

BL. The Godmother.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
i thought christians believed in unconditional love.

That depends...

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The question that has been exercising my brain is:

quote:
Does Ctulhu have a soul of its own?
If the answer is yes then fair enough we can pray and sprinkle Holy Water and even hold Cathulhoo in the Light - but what if Cathodewho ate their own soul first and thus developed a taste for it? What if there is no soul left to save? Surely we would be better spending our time organising the Vicarage Garden Party? Cutting the crusts off the cucumber sandwiches and icing the muffins, etc.

Have we seen Cathywhatsit at Morning Prayer beforehand? Well, have we? Is CathyPratchett on the Flower Rota? Or the Altar Guild?

Do we want to associate ourselves with the soul-less or should we cast them into Outer Darkness, like that bloke who dressed all wrong for the wedding feast?

[ 03. April 2016, 06:33: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Does Cthulhu have a soul? God knows.
But if Cthulhu is prepared to be born again as a Christian then Cthulhu will be inhabited by the Holy Spirit and will therefore be God's own beloved child. I presume this means that soul reparation will happen.

Of course Cthulhu has to actually want this, and be prepared to leave behind all former existence(s). It will also involve some reparation of the family tree. I have looked into this, and it does appear to be an epically dysfunctional family. I suggest we all hem Cthulhu around with prayer and place the cross between all the generations of monsters. Bless you, fellow shippies. Together we shall love the tentacled one into the Light. May all things hidden be revealed.

Godmotheringly,
BL.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

{Quietly wonders if perhaps Banner Lady is at least as dangerous as Cthulu.}

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I wonder if the best approach is to crowd-fund for Cathypolecat to attend one of these amazing crusades!

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
{Quietly wonders if perhaps Banner Lady is at least as dangerous as Cthulu.}

Ah well, you see, some of us remember what it was like to live a monstrous life, before we opened the door to God, and the love of Christ changed us.

BL. aka Grandmother of Dragons.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cthulhu, in the RC regime, you would normally have three godparents, two of whichever gender you identify with, and one of the other.

Does this open new vistas for your contemplation and rehabilitation, or will you need to go into therapy to find the truth? I'm assuming that your inner darkness sheds no light on the issue.

With all due respect to Banner Lady, but she really will need spiritual babysitters to spell her. At least one for every pair of tentacles.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Cthulhu, in the RC regime, you would normally have three godparents, two of whichever gender you identify with, and one of the other.

And you are not meant to eat them all at once.
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Absolutely, save one for a snack.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Preferably the low fat version.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Preferably the low fat version.

That rules me out then. [Big Grin]

After some discussion back-stage, we think that Cthulhu has possibly seen enough daylight for the moment after his April outing, so he's going back into his lair for another while.

HE'LL PROBABLY BE BACK THOUGH ... [Paranoid]

Thread closed.

Piglet, AS host

[ 07. April 2016, 14:46: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016