homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Fuck you black dog (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Fuck you black dog
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
How about 'crying with pitchforks'? Do you think that'll take off?

It would if members could take those pitchforks out and...present...them to the appropriate people! [Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
and so it begins again, that which never really ended
it returns which has never left, never goes away
shouldn't feel this way, not so bad compared to others
'course, this just makes it worse
shit to feel shit for feeling shit
to complain of wading through what others must swim
to complain at all, to need to complain
can't keep eyes open, shutter the windows, crawl into bed can't sleep
need to tell someone, can't tell anyone
write it here? post? so many times writing and not clicking
whiny, little bitch, godamn whiny little bitch
post? don't post? so fuckimg melodramatic
damndamndamn

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The whiny little bitch is a delight in God's eyes and a valued and enjoyed member of the ship.

Be comforted little bitch. I for one wish you well and the strength to carry on in the darkness. [Votive]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes I want to hug you, Evensong.

I'm kind of having a moment where the dog has left the room, but that give me a chance to see how thoroughly it's destroyed the furniture.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kelly - At the risk of sounding like a refugee from AS
[Votive]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am SO over the inability to sleep and complete lack of motivation. I really don't want to do a damn thing. And yet I feel really, mind-numbingly bored and restless. The thought of doing anything I need to do or normally want to do repulses me. But I'm not necessarily feeling sad or down (though sometimes it hits), and if I'm around people - which is rare these days - I can be cheerful and joke and laugh. Still don't want to do anything, but I do want things to get done. FYBD.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Churchgeek - I'm like that (on a good day [Smile] ). Lately I've sometimes found if I can force myself through the treacle of the first half-hour or so of a 'thing which needs to be done', the absorption in the task overcomes the motivation failure. Now and again I start to enjoy myself. So long as I'm not distracted. Sometimes I wear ear plugs.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
I am SO over the inability to sleep and complete lack of motivation. I really don't want to do a damn thing. And yet I feel really, mind-numbingly bored and restless. The thought of doing anything I need to do or normally want to do repulses me. But I'm not necessarily feeling sad or down (though sometimes it hits), and if I'm around people - which is rare these days - I can be cheerful and joke and laugh. Still don't want to do anything, but I do want things to get done. FYBD.

I solve this by hosting message boards. Gives me something to do without actually achieving anything.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Get away from her, you bitch.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying and cursing the cur.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why the fuck do I even bother turning up for church on a Sunday, when someone who is supposed (according to his own account) to be a Born-Again, Spirit-Filled Christian, finds it necessary to hit me sideways-on with gratuitous and untrue opprobrious epithets during and after the actual Eucharist itself?

I do so hope and pray that he receives his reward - meanwhile, he can go fuck himself silly (coz no-one else will). In Christian Love, of course.

I'm not going to increase my daily intake of Citalopram, though, given the shit I get from the above-mentioned gobshite, and the total lack of support from my priest-in-charge, I can see how peeps get tempted......

God damn all of them to Hell and back again, so they can go through it a second time......

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The dog is snuffling around here, too.

(Throws stick and sends dog to fetch.)

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
and so it begins again, that which never really ended
it returns which has never left, never goes away
shouldn't feel this way, not so bad compared to others
'course, this just makes it worse
shit to feel shit for feeling shit
to complain of wading through what others must swim
to complain at all, to need to complain
can't keep eyes open, shutter the windows, crawl into bed can't sleep
need to tell someone, can't tell anyone
write it here? post? so many times writing and not clicking
whiny, little bitch, godamn whiny little bitch
post? don't post? so fuckimg melodramatic
damndamndamn

Ah, man, so eloquent and so sad. LilBuddha is my favorite person to argue with on the ship because she never seems to get really mad at me even when I deserve it.

I don't usually read this thread because I seldom have real depression, and yet, I fear it and think it's a bit contagious.

I am, however, pretty darn depressed today because yesterday I got the, infrequent, but always the same, criticism that I get from family members and friends. "You have a bad temper. You complain too much, rant too much, get angry over little things and get more angry than anyone else in the whole world when you do get angry. It's not any one annoying, fixable thing that we don't like, it's you. We just don't like the person you are. You're the worst."

So today I am very subdued and even tempered.
I do not rant, neither do I sing.

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like you, Twilight.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you Drifting Star. [Angel]
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Join the club, Twilight..... [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Why the fuck can't we just DIE and get the fuck out of it....???

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[dons hostly tam o'shanter and types to the skirl of the pipes - why, yes, I am in a forest in Scotland]

Depression sucks. If you're finding it extra sucky at the moment, Real Life™ medical practitioners and mental health professionals are your first port of call.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the Ship.

[shoots pipes with twelve gauge, revels in the sudden silence and lowers tam o'shanter as a mark of respect]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
LilBuddha is my favorite person to argue with on the ship because she never seems to get really mad at me even when I deserve it.

I don't get mad at you because you don't deserve it. We might disagree on occasion, but I feel you are coming to the discussion from a good and honest place.

quote:

At 6, I was swatted by a teacher for coming into class singing and dancing. It was not "proper". Took years to shake that attitude off. Now I am loud, ranting, gesticulating and passionate. Well, sometimes.
In the end I think I feel more free to be me, not out of strength of character, but because I am quite contrary.
You be you, fuck them.

[ 22. July 2015, 19:09: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... I got the, infrequent, but always the same, criticism that I get from family members and friends. "You have a bad temper. You complain too much, rant too much, get angry over little things and get more angry than anyone else in the whole world when you do get angry. It's not any one annoying, fixable thing that we don't like, it's you. We just don't like the person you are. You're the worst."

Tell them to go fuck themselves. (;
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't usually read this thread because I seldom have real depression, and yet, I fear it and think it's a bit contagious.

I tend not to post here; I know so many suffer much more than I do. It crept up on me so slowly I almost didn't realize it, and I think in my case it is related to aging. One day I realized I wasn't really enjoying anything that used to give me joy. The world was just a lot grayer. So I don't know if it's contagious or just a part of getting older; but it crept up so slowly I never realized what was happening or what it was doing to me.

That was a few years ago; after trying several medications I've found one that I can take that works for me. I know I'm lucky and not everyone can say that.

It was just bad enough that I never see anyone post on this thread without thinking kindly of them, and sending a little prayer to hope it gets better. I did no more than wade a few feet into the black sea, but it was enough that I salute those who must contend with it daily.

I'm thinking about you all. I hope it gets better.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
quote:
... I got the, infrequent, but always the same, criticism that I get from family members and friends. "You have a bad temper. You complain too much, rant too much, get angry over little things and get more angry than anyone else in the whole world when you do get angry. It's not any one annoying, fixable thing that we don't like, it's you. We just don't like the person you are. You're the worst."

Tell them to go fuck themselves. (;
Perhaps with some Subversive Cross-stitch? Like this.

--------------------

W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I am, however, pretty darn depressed today because yesterday I got the, infrequent, but always the same, criticism that I get from family members and friends. "You have a bad temper. You complain too much, rant too much, get angry over little things and get more angry than anyone else in the whole world when you do get angry. It's not any one annoying, fixable thing that we don't like, it's you. We just don't like the person you are. You're the worst."

I can't help but notice that this tells me nothing about you, but a lot about those who speak such words. It would be nice [for you] to be able to count on at least a little empathy from family and friends. Where are you supposed to turn if not to them? [Votive]

quote:

Which is far from what I believe God wants for you from them. So sorry for all that you are forced to deal with.

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and kicking the cur.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Twilight,
I am waiting for the news item that says an American woman with a cute little dog ran amok with a machine gun in her local mall.

Now that would be angry!

If y0u wold like a copy of the "Subversive Stitch" needlework Golden Key linked to then flick me a PM. I'd be happy to stitch it for you [Devil]

[ 24. July 2015, 07:07: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quick, Twilight. Take up the offer. Huia gets stitching therapy, you get a gift and you get the use of it when family annoy. All winners.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whilst my youngest likes to make up her own designs, my eldest likes to copy Hama beads patterns to the letter. How I wish their grandfather (my father) used a smart phone - that would be Christmas sorted.

--------------------
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Can I have one as well? Having been away from Church all week with Black Dog (and a nice little migraine, just to put a bit of jam on it), NOT ONCE have I had an enquiry from my dear Vicar as to how I am........for all he knows, I could be lying dead somewhere, going a bit niffy by now.

A GFY message seems appropriate for him.

Ian J.

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

You all are great. You've made me cry (in the good way) and laugh, so now like Organ Builder I'm feeling better, but back to praying for all of you after taking a dip in the black pool.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Family are never going to see you objectively, and many problems stem from family members expecting other family members to behave in accordance with some goddamn script they're inventing as they go along, often based on misperceptions, unrealistic expectations, one-off incidents from when you were 7, and sometimes even outright fantasy that flies in the face of any kind of demonstrable reality.

The temptation to snarl back, "I don't like the person you are either" would be very hard to resist, as would "why are you still in my house".

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Preach, Ariel.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
<snip> family members expecting other family members to behave in accordance with some goddamn script they're inventing as they go along, often based on misperceptions, unrealistic expectations, one-off incidents from when you were 7, and sometimes even outright fantasy that flies in the face of any kind of demonstrable reality.

Bingo on all that. Plus, when you get older you get to add to those legends from when you were seven, all the left over anger at the deceased parent you resemble. I look and act a lot like my father and he left tons of unresolved issues behind. All the things they wish they had said to him they can still say to me.
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fucking black dog, piss off and bite someone else - preferably one of those perpetual smilers [Mad]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Black dog has suddenly got a little persistent. He's been fine for a long time but more-than-the-usual level of melancholy has hit me this week along with the basic once-a-day existential crises...

Hmmmm....

I am so grateful that my depression has been very well controlled for so long and whilst I am no where near my worst, that old nagging fear is back that I could be.

That's how you can tell people who've known depression - the fear of it.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
AFZ

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog:

So very, very true. The only time I really had a bad, frightening case was for a few months right after I quit smoking, 20 years ago. That makes me believe a lot of it is chemical, and that's kind of depressing in itself to think that my joy had been coming from nicotine. I know that if it ever comes back, and prescribed meds don't work, I might take up smoking again.
[Ultra confused]

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

Kicking and cursing the cur as I read.

--------------------

not entirely me
Shipmate
# 17637

- Posted      Profile for not entirely me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate the way the black dog hovers and waits for when you feel most vulnerable.

I call it galena mood when our metaphorical dog sits on me because the density I physically feel in my body when I am depressed reminds me of the weight of holding a piece of galena and every task becomes something to drag through.

Today is not a galena day as such but more a "Fuck off pmt" day.

Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

I just bailed from a church responsibility I had been looking forward to, because I took it on during an 'up' and then found it impossible to discharge during a 'down'.

I keep doing this - it's embarrassing and loads responsibility onto others. The only way through I can think of is to take no responsibility for anything, and just make random un-anticipated contributions when mood allows it.

This sounds like a definition of a twat.

FYBD

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I am so grateful that my depression has been very well controlled for so long and whilst I am no where near my worst, that old nagging fear is back that I could be.

Oh, fuck, yes.

That thing of when you're coming up to something you know can be triggery or something - like, it's my birthday soon, and that's usually a time I have a big plunge of doom.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
quote:

Oh, fuck, yes.

That thing of when you're coming up to something you know can be triggery or something - like, it's my birthday soon, and that's usually a time I have a big plunge of doom.

Better week for me, this week.

But for you:

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Or, if you prefer:

[Mad] BAD DOG [Mad]

AFZ

--------------------
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today is the start of two weeks off. Ideally, this will be a time of creativity and recharging. If it turns infernal, it will be a time of falling into a depressive black hole. The signs are mostly good so far, but the black dog is only ever on a temporary leash.....

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm hungover. My own fault. And it turns out that having had to get my sister and a solicitor in the same room to sign stuff related to probate on my dad's estate, there's one piece of paper I didn't get them to sign, so I have to arrange it all again. And my mother says that the reason my husband doesn't fancy me any more is because I've gained three dress sizes over our 17 year marriage.

And these things are all stones falling on my head as I sit at the bottom of a deep, dark well.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alternatively its not that your husband doesn't fancy you any more but that he is (a) knackered and (b) suffering from low libido. Look at it this way: is he still the man you married - same size waist, number of teeth, decent personal habits, no snoring? I bet you can answer no to at least one of those.

We all change over time, some of the changes good others maybe not so much. But few, if any, of us changes from good to perfection.

I'm sorry things are looking so bleak and your mother is being unsupportive.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

WTF?

That has to be one of the most useless and unhelpful posts on this thread.

L'organist, go fuck yourself, and then recalibrate your sympathy-O-meter (if you have one).

Ian J.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This isn't all saints - perhaps it should be - but its not.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is Hell. Where both the Black Dog and L'Organist reside.

This thread is not a support group for those suffering from the snarling cur, and posting here still carries the 'paint a target on your chest/arse' warning as the rest of Hell.

End of PSA.

DT
HH

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
WTF?

That has to be one of the most useless and unhelpful posts on this thread.

L'organist, go fuck yourself, and then recalibrate your sympathy-O-meter (if you have one).

Ian J.

Notwishstanding Doc Tor's wise hostly intervention
[Overused] [Biased] you have a point. Although if you look back to the first two-three pages of this thread, you'll see some deeply unhelpful posting.

quote:
Originally posted by Erroneous Monk:
And these things are all stones falling on my head as I sit at the bottom of a deep, dark well.

THIS is the point. Erroneous describes the deep dark well. Depression is not the horrible things in life, it is an all-encompassing all-enveloping non-life. In this context, such horrible things can be deeply hurtful. I suspect the 'stones falling on head' is a perfect metaphor. I cannot speak for E.M. but I identify with the imagery she used here.

In this context, I think L'organists comment is at-best deeply misguided.

I think one could say: I may not be able to reach down to your well, but I can hold off with the stones...

AFZ

--------------------
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Come disaster, come plague, come nuclear annihilation, any annihilation. Our species does not deserve to continue.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
This is Hell. Where both the Black Dog and L'Organist reside.

This thread is not a support group for those suffering from the snarling cur, and posting here still carries the 'paint a target on your chest/arse' warning as the rest of Hell.

End of PSA.

DT
HH

True.
This is where you can come and scream. As loud as you want.
You can pray by scream.
And I will read.
And I will pray.
And scream too.

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

And today I need to scream.

For friends and overdoses.
For family and their pain.
And for my compassion fatigue.

Fuck you black dog.
Fuck you too cancer.
And heart disease.
Fuck you for a flawed world, flawed relationships and a flawed fucking idea of God.

Fuck you that when I want to prepare to go overseas for the first time in twenty fucking years, I have to be prepared that some people may die while I am away.
In two fucking weeks.

And fuck me too, that I am losing sight of the woods for the NYC trees.

I am tired.
Fuck off black dog, I need a break from giving a shit.

[ 18. October 2015, 05:08: Message edited by: Patdys ]

--------------------

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bwaaaaaaarrrrgggh.
Fuck.
[Tear]
And I thought it might have a spell of getting a bit better.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016