homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Is Auntie Beeb finally growing a pair? Burn in Heck, Clarkson. (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Is Auntie Beeb finally growing a pair? Burn in Heck, Clarkson.
BroJames
Shipmate
# 9636

- Posted      Profile for BroJames   Email BroJames   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Though, on the basis that he's not an idiot, the nature of some of that personal following might actually be troubling, rahter than reassuring.
Posts: 3374 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Troubling to the rest of us, if not to him...

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That he has any sort of personal following is deeply troubling to me.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well he is the high priest of Chav so he is bound to.

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Further speculation on a replacement for Clarkson [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perfect!

Trouble is, I'm now depressed. The Smudgelet hasn't even heard of him.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:

And who failed to show him those old cartoons?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:

And who failed to show him those old cartoons?
Bastard TV companies who put things on like Wacy Races on after you've packed the kids off to bed. That and bastard DVD companies who didn't release them at a time when the child was at the right age for sharing. (I did manage to sneak Bagpuss and the Clangers into the Tubblet's childhood though).

Tubbs

[ 04. April 2015, 19:29: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:

Or the Slag Brothers. At least the political opinions will be more up to date than Clarkson's.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see that North Yorkshire police have concluded their investigations, and no charges will follow. Presumably that means that they don't consider anyone else was affected other than Oisin Tymon, who decided not to press charges, and the behaviour didn't breach any public order offenses.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aaaaaand he's back (HIGNFY)

[Father Jack] Why is that gobshite on the television again? Is he never off? [/Father Jack]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"You can't keep a good man down", or so they say.

Clearly the same applies to a twat.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have the BBC learned nothing?

Looks rather like a put up job to me.

Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The bbc don’t make HIGNFY they buy it from the company that makes it, Clarkson has been a presenter before and was already booked to make this one.
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I may be wrong but:

- I didn't think that Clarkson was actually sacked from "Top Gear". They just said that they wouldn't renew his contract.

- I suspect that his HIGNFY appearance comes under a separate contract. If they pull him from it now he could cost them a lot of money.

- If the Police had pressed charges, things might have been different.

I certainly won't be watching that night. And I suspect that Hislop and Merton will run rings round him.

[Cross-posted with comment above].

[ 09. April 2015, 08:22: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

HIGNFY do have a history of bringing in people who have recently been in the news, usually for doing something stupid. And, for Hislop and Merton to mock them mercilessly, constantly making reference to what they did, etc.

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
I didn't think that Clarkson was actually sacked from "Top Gear". They just said that they wouldn't renew his contract.

That is technically accurate. But, I suppose for most people with a contract renewal coming up, and being given every indication that it would be renewed, not having the contract renewed (especially with less than the normal period of notice for termination of employment) would feel very much like being sacked.

Of course, Clarkson isn't most people. For most of us expecting a contract renewal to suddenly find ourselves out of work in a month, without having looked for alternative employment let alone having anything lined up, would be a significant hardship. Now where's the mortgage coming from? How will I afford heating and food on the dole? These are big issues.

Clarkson, of course, has no such worries. Not only is he obscenely rich anyway. But, he's already got a stage show tour lined up and a HIGNFY gig.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
HIGNFY do have a history of bringing in people who have recently been in the news, usually for doing something stupid. And, for Hislop and Merton to mock them mercilessly, constantly making reference to what they did, etc.

As they did with their very own Angus Deayton.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
agingjb
Shipmate
# 16555

- Posted      Profile for agingjb   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose it depends when the episode was recorded.

We can hope that everyone else on the program will be wearing riot assault gear - just for fun of course.

--------------------
Refraction Villanelles

Posts: 464 | From: Southern England | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

It won't have been recorded yet. To make the show as topical as possible, they record on Thursday, ready for editing and transmission on the Friday.

[ 09. April 2015, 10:36: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:

Or the Slag Brothers. At least the political opinions will be more up to date than Clarkson's.
What exactly have someone's political opinions got to do with their suitability for appearing in a show about cars?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If Top Gear were just about cars, we would not be having this discussion.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What else is it about then?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

You've never watched it? Or are you being disingenuous? Next you'll claim X-Factor is about music.
Cars are the excuse. It is about a middle-aged twat and his sycophant pals.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You've never watched it? Or are you being disingenuous? Next you'll claim X-Factor is about music.

I've never watched it as I can't stand that middle-aged twat and his sychopantic pals..

I'm not that interested in cars either...

Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I love cars. Could talk about them for hours.
And I would be lying if I said there was never anything about Top Gear I liked. Just that the bad, and the mediocre, far outweighs the good.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
[QUOTE]What exactly have someone's political opinions got to do with their suitability for appearing in a show about cars?

Considering Clarkson's vendetta against environmentally friendly and/or fuel efficient cars and his condemnation of anyone who promotes environmental issues, I'd say his political opinions are entirely relevant.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:

Yes, I've watched it. Seems pretty much about cars to me. Sure, there's entertainment to be had from the interactions of the hosts, but that's not the primary purposely the show as far as I can see.

And yes, X-Factor is about music. Or about people who sing to varying degrees of ability, anyway.

quote:
You're only saying that because you don't like him, and therefore see only the negative things about him.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
What exactly have someone's political opinions got to do with their suitability for appearing in a show about cars?

Considering Clarkson's vendetta against environmentally friendly and/or fuel efficient cars and his condemnation of anyone who promotes environmental issues, I'd say his political opinions are entirely relevant.
So am I to conclude that your position is that anyone who doesn't agree with you about environmental issues shouldn't be considered suitable to appear in a show about cars?

Are there any other political views that you think should cause someone to be barred from employment in the televisual industry?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think Top Gear is mainly about cars. I think it was - with Clarkson and co - mainly about Clarkson and Co's opinion of, and adventures with, cars. Which is something else.

I suppose some people thought the weekly segment of blowing up caravans, or attaching a ridiculously souped-up engine onto a Reliant Robin was funny. I know I laughed a bit. And it was kind of entertaining to watch celebrities earn a fee by driving round a race-track in some car or other. A bit interesting, on a slow day. to find out that some premier league footballer could go round Silverstone quicker in a Lexus, than some soap star in a Vauxhall Zafira. But I don't think very much of this could've honestly been described as being about the cars themselves.

If my decrepit memory serves me right, it was more about the cars when Angela Rippon hosted the show; when a true magazine format was used, for those seriously interested in shopping for a decent motor. And as I recall the BBC sacked her from Top Gear because she - what was it? - did something on ITV. The morning breakfast show, or something?

Of course, as with everything else, it's money that talks. And I'm sure Angela's programme didn't net the big bucks that Clarkson's fun-packed escapades on four wheels did! I don't think serious car consumerism is ever going to trump populist entertainment.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

So am I to conclude that your position is that anyone who doesn't agree with you about environmental issues shouldn't be considered suitable to appear in a show about cars?

Are there any other political views that you think should cause someone to be barred from employment in the televisual industry?

No to both questions. I was simply replying to your post that asked what a person's political views had to do with presenting a motoring programme.

However, now you've mentioned it, if the main presenter of a current affairs programme had such an obvious bias towards one side or the other they probably wouldn't last very long.

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Yes, I've watched it. Seems pretty much about cars to me. Sure, there's entertainment to be had from the interactions of the hosts, but that's not the primary purposely the show as far as I can see.

So, then, what have you learned about cars from the show? Super cars are fast, cheap cars are cheap and the hosts hate caravans? I'd wager, if you've watched more than a couple of episodes, you could answer more general questions about Clarkson than any of the motors featured. Wheeler Dealers features more info on cars and I would still say it is a personality show more than anything.
quote:

And yes, X-Factor is about music. Or about people who sing to varying degrees of ability, anyway.

It is a freak show and a popularity contest. If Cowell's father had been a grocer rather than a music industry exec, the show would feature produce.
quote:

quote:
You're only saying that because you don't like him, and therefore see only the negative things about him.
Yes, you've found me out, I am ever so shallow.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please God, no.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Yeah, that would be horrible. She's nothing like a Top Gear host. She's funny, intelligent....

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Personally I think the idea of replacing Loudmouth Clarkson with a woman is quite inspired.
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
Personally I think the idea of replacing Loudmouth Clarkson with a woman is quite inspired.

A woman would be good, but that would be the wrong woman.

Don't replace Clarkson, and forget about May and Hammond too because they are utterly dependent on him.

After a decent interval, say eighteen months, put another show on. Include some old favourite features, but ditch the laddishness.

[ 10. April 2015, 10:46: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
I was simply replying to your post that asked what a person's political views had to do with presenting a motoring programme.

My post was about how such views affect the person's suitability to present the programme. If there is such an effect then it follows that certain views will render one unsuitable for the task.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
... that would be the wrong woman ...

She would indeed, but as she's a lesbian, they could tick two PC boxes for the price of one ... [Devil]

(Am I allowed to say that in Hell? If not, then my apologies).

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

This is not about "PC". Clarkson had more warnings than nearly anyone else would be allowed without getting sacked. He hit someone, in a situation he himself caused. Regardless on your views of his words, he needed to go.
The BBC do not need to go for PC, all they need do is get someone who is not as much an arse as Clarkson.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

So, then, what have you learned about cars from the show? Super cars are fast, cheap cars are cheap and the hosts hate caravans? I'd wager, if you've watched more than a couple of episodes, you could answer more general questions about Clarkson than any of the motors featured. Wheeler Dealers features more info on cars and I would still say it is a personality show more than anything.
quote:

It is a freak show and a popularity contest. If Cowell's father had been a grocer rather than a music industry exec, the show would feature produce.
quote:

quote:
Yes, you've found me out, I am ever so shallow.

We live in an area close to two football training grounds - one league, one premiership. One of the games we play to make the journey times pass more quickly is the "spot a sports car game". Due to a fairly high proportion of footballers, the hit rate is quite high.

Thanks to Top Gear, I can now name actual supercars rather than just squeak, "A thingy ... That's a thingy". I still particularly proud of the day I recognised a Noble as it shot past us. Hammond had been driving one a few weeks before.

Sue Perkins?! WTF?! Just ... No

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I agree, Tubbs - although I'm no petrolhead, there's something very satisfying about saying "Ooh look, a Ferrari/Lambo/Noble/Aston/whatever and knowing that I've got it right; I wouldn't have a clue if it weren't for TG.

LilBuddha, I think you misunderstood me - I didn't mean that Clarkson's sacking was anything to do with political correctness, but that Miss Perkins would fit with the BBC's politically-correct agenda.

My apologies if I didn't make myself clear.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If they want baffled unpc insanity, how about Tom Baker ?

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably too old at 81.
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
but that Miss Perkins would fit with the BBC's politically-correct agenda.

Big assumption there Piglet. What evidence do you have that Sue Perkins - or Clare Balding - enjoy their success because they are gay rather than because they are good at being a presenter or commentator?

I think it is more the case that a person needs to be skilled at what they do, plus have an acceptable social persona. I agree that at one time being known to be gay would be a career stymie. And before that perhaps being divorced or having an affaire. That tolerance has gone up for gayness - and down for xenophobia or sexual predation - doesn't seem to me a bad thing.

OK, attitude change is not uniform across society, but would you really want the BBC to be at the Bernard Manning rather than the Sue Perkins end of the spectrum?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Probably too old at 81.

I think the grandad persona would work quite well - May and Hammond could do the contests, he could do Little Britainish commentary from the nice warm studio and hanker for a Bentley.

[ 12. April 2015, 12:56: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't stand him, and wouldn't watch the programme if he presented it, but YMMV. Having said that, I can't think who might be a suitable replacement for Clarkson.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

How about Rory McGrath, don't particularly like him but he might fit the ethos - or maybe Frankie Boyle ?

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
What evidence do you have that Sue Perkins - or Clare Balding - enjoy their success because they are gay rather than because they are good at being a presenter or commentator?

I can't help thinking that Clare Balding is never off our screens because she happens to be married to a senior production executive at the Beeb.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
or maybe Frankie Boyle ?

He is much funnier than Clarkson, but....
quote:
I can't help thinking that Clare Balding is never off our screens because she happens to be married to a senior production executive at the Beeb.

The entertainment industry is riddled with nepotism. Always has been, always will be.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
lilBuddha
Where do we start with the wrongness in the last post?

1. Frankie Boyle is funnier: are you referring to his 'joke' about Madeleine McCann and Jimmy Savile? or the one about Jordan's disabled son?

2. I'd have thought the term nepotism particularly inappropriate, given its origin.

3. In any case, Ms Balding's partner left the BBC 2½ years ago.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016