homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Martin60: You, on the other hand... (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Martin60: You, on the other hand...
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
I think it's how he genuinelly, truthfully, communicates his responses.

Two observations that go against this: firstly the increasingly incomprehensible responses when someone asks for clarification combined with the hints of enjoyment (suggesting he can turn the gain up on the incomprehensibility) and secondly the ability to communicate clearly once in a while.

And one prediction: that M60 communicates perfectly ordinarily when shopping for groceries.

One observation only is necessary: When required to by the hosts, his communications become clear and maintain clarity for sufficient time to ascertain it is choice.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Martin has a wank-tank. His tank overfloweth.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
I like Martin. He seems a kind person. Oh well.

I can attest that he has not been kind to me. Oh no.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
Palimpsest, mdijon, points taken. Honest. I'm a prat. Sorry. Thank you all.

And there's the obsequious ever-so-'umble stuff. Just communicate honestly and stop trolling - that's all the apology I would need.
Likewise.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sure, I could be wrong. Heaven knows, I've been wrong often enough about people, in real life as well as on the Ship. And it is harder to guage the personality of a poster with only an on-line presence to go by. Nevertheless, that's the impression I have, mistaken though it may be.

Nevertheless, I do respect the fact that Martin80's obscureness utterly irritates and infuriates some people. And I respect that discussion on the Ship means enough to them to feel passionate about it being mucked about with.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
I like the word salad dressing Martin provides. Haiku to all of the unwashed leaves.

So do I. Like his post to Kelly above with his reference to Dante's eighth circle of hell for the malicious use of reason. It's like when I watch Jeopardy, half the time I don't get the answer, but I'm very pleased when I do.

It's not like Martin is writing gibberish, there is meaning there, you just have to work for it a little bit and if you don't find that fun then scroll on.

I also agree with Anselmina that he's a very nice person.

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As Doublethink has demonstrated, you too can speak pseudo-Druidic.

But yeah, it should be more a recreational thing for the likes of Heaven or the Circus. Using it in serious discussion betokens a lack of bottom as they say in the 18th C.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've totally, TOTALLY Invited him to the Circus before. I think he is fuckin' born for it. He'd rather play Yoda in Purg.

And sorry, quetz, Marty might have his kind moments,but smirking at people's requests to engage is not an example of a kind moment.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And viciously trashing people for not agreeing with you is not a kind moment. Just sayin'.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think getting drunk with Martin would be enjoyable. He's already drunk - on life and other things I would understand better if we sang some songs together while breaking glasses into a fireplace, and we don't need to know the words. God knows we can't possibly know the words. The Word is what we all want to know, and somewhere in our bicameral minds, dear Marty know truly host The Jesus. Not just any old Jesus. But I digress. The man seems cheerful to a fault. A reincarnation of Quixote, but can't find the windmill.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
El ingenioso. Miguel was right. The Spanish guy knew it. We CANNOT.

Since Siduri told Gilgamesh, since Cyrenaics were stopped by Plato, we've had guilt in the way. In schizophasic ramblings that some enjoy.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
And viciously trashing people for not agreeing with you is not a kind moment. Just sayin'.

OK, before I go nuts, can you remind me what you are talking about?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
Yes, but my beard is humble and I weep when I am struck by the tragedy of the SHATTERED perfume bottle - have you kept your brother ? Have you ascended unworthy ? Are you alright mate, because its always about Christ's gardening desires.

{Consults reference materials.}

Well, according to "The Encyclopedia of the Bible"
at Bible Gateway:

quote:
The possession of a beard was a sign of maturity among all the Sem. peoples of the ancient Near E. In most of the languages the word for “elder” or “grownup” is a cognate of the verbal and nominal forms meaning “beard”; e.g. the common Heb. phrase, זִקְנֵ֖י בְּנֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵֽל, “the elders of the children of Israel” (Exod 4:29, et al.). [...] The shaving of the beard was an act of striking and severe contrition and symbolized a radical alteration in the state of things (Isa 7:20, et al.), wherein the shaving of the prophet’s beard portends God’s judgment.
Perhaps the writer had shaved his beard due to contrition or grief, and it's just now growing back, so it is "humble"?

The broken perfume bottle is clearly a reference to John 12, where Mary washed Jesus' feet with perfume; and Judas complained about wasting something so expensive, and said it should've be sold, and the money given to the poor. Perhaps he broke the bottle, as a sign of his disgust? And later, in this world or the next, he regretted his action?

John said Judas didn't care about the poor, but rather embezzled from the disciples' purse. If the writer is Judas, perhaps he grew to realize that his actions and attitudes were wrong and unworthy?

And yet, the excerpt ends with perhaps a hint of the author reaching out for grace from Jesus, the gardener, who is also the vine for each and every one of our branches?

[Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So here I have a choice. I could either say;

"The murine and lupine are Thrasymachus and Socrates. An accusation which isn't. Shouldn't be. Was misheard. It's Homeric instead. Between the murine and Manchester outer ring road."

or

"Kelly I think you and Mousethief are at cross purposes. Mousethief isn't talking about anything you've said about him but rather history between himself and M60"

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching, innit? Instead of Talk Like a Pirate Day we can have Talk Like a Marti(a)n.

Words are our birds winging from the headark (just thinking about it). Will they return with peaceable leaves? Or the the smug look of those who've shat where they liked?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
So here I have a choice. I could either say;

"The murine and lupine are Thrasymachus and Socrates. An accusation which isn't. Shouldn't be. Was misheard. It's Homeric instead. Between the murine and Manchester outer ring road."

or

"Kelly I think you and Mousethief are at cross purposes. Mousethief isn't talking about anything you've said about him but rather history between himself and M60"

I KNOW.

Good grief, I shudder to think what the answer to " How stupid do you think I am?" would be.

As a big high Admin type mucky muck, I figure I should be aware of such things as a snarl fest between Mousey and Marty, but I'm drawing a blank. Figured M T wouln't mind giving me a short recap.

[ 26. May 2016, 07:43: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

As a lowly shipmate I obviously notice more on the ground than you as I remember the angry exchanges quite well. I wouldn't see misreading the subject of a passively-voiced single sentence as evidence of great stupidity and didn't have you down as a stupid type a priori either. The assumptions in your latest post on the other hand... not entirely worthy of you.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

.? I was calling myself stupid.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

OK, allow me to be your joke sherpa:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

Good grief, I shudder to think what the answer to " How stupid do you think I am?" would be.

... Meaning, " I imagine if people started answering that question, lists would be long and the thread would be overrun." It was an attempt at self- deprecating humor.

I have no idea what you mean by " not worthy of me." I had the gall to call Martin a chronic masturbator when we all know that is a glass houses remark of epic proportions. Whoever said I had standards?

[ 26. May 2016, 08:18: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(And never mind, MT, someone reminded me. Better not to recap that one.)

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

So we're here demonstrating that even without the Manchester Outer Ring Road obfuscation communication can be tricky.

Still, I think you're a kind person so probably it's all OK.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
So we're here demonstrating that even without the Manchester Outer Ring Road obfuscation communication can be tricky.

Yes it can. Which is just one more reason why the shitbag's obfuscatory ramblings are to be vilified.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know communication, and this Sir, is no communication.

X-post but who cares?

[ 26. May 2016, 09:18: Message edited by: Patdys ]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

But Socratically, Homerically, untenably it is. It MUST be. It's all we have. Can have. The dove has an olive branch.

[If cross-posted who would ever guess?]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Catching, innit? Instead of Talk Like a Pirate Day we can have Talk Like a Marti(a)n.

Oh that M60 would only post as he does for one day of the year.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
quote:
I like the word salad dressing Martin provides. Haiku to all of the unwashed leaves.

So do I. Like his post to Kelly above with his reference to Dante's eighth circle of hell for the malicious use of reason. It's like when I watch Jeopardy, half the time I don't get the answer, but I'm very pleased when I do.

It's not like Martin is writing gibberish, there is meaning there, you just have to work for it a little bit and if you don't find that fun then scroll on.

Well, tbh, I don't know if he's nice or not! Just differently wired. And I could be a mug for thinking so. And I'm certainly not up to the task to always catching on what he's talking about.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The man seems cheerful to a fault. A reincarnation of Quixote, but can't find the windmill.

Since when was Don Quixote de la Manche, the Knight of the Sad Face, "cheerful to a fault"?

The hapless Knight was living in a private nightmare/fantasy where he apparently experienced life in a completely different way to everyone else and was forced to parade his delusions for everyone else's amusement.

Oh. I get it now.

--------------------
arse

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

Most of us have nice and not-so-nice sides. What we should say is that this particular response is not-so-nice. There's no need to try and infer what that says about Martin60 the person in totality. I've done some shitty things in my time, I don't expect to have to call myself a shit because of that.

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Most of us have nice and not-so-nice sides. What we should say is that this particular response is not-so-nice. There's no need to try and infer what that says about Martin60 the person in totality. I've done some shitty things in my time, I don't expect to have to call myself a shit because of that.

The problem illustrated above is that if we all adopt Martinesque patterns of posting, it is bloody difficult to work out who is responding to whom, who is insulting whom, etc.

Kindly call a spade a spade. If you think I've somehow said something about Martin, then say so. If you are responding to something someone else has said, kindly do the rest of us the honour of addressing them.

Vaguely waving your anger to the general populous without specifically addressing anyone in particular and using subtleties only you can really understand is a recipe for annoyance. Even if what you are saying is supposed to be a backhanded compliment.

I hope you're listening Martin.

--------------------
arse

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Well, tbh, I don't know if he's nice or not! Just differently wired.

just not as differently as he'd like to be. And that, IMO, is part of the problem.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
Vaguely waving your anger to the general populous without specifically addressing anyone in particular and using subtleties only you can really understand is a recipe for annoyance. Even if what you are saying is supposed to be a backhanded compliment.

I really wasn't angry at all. I was just stating a view, responding to the nice vs not-nice discussions that have been going on in this thread. There weren't any subtleties there. At least not intentionally.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

We're all starting to develop contact weirdness. Maybe it's time to go to the Circus and do another round of "Let's Offend!"

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aye mr cheesy.

Sorry Marvin the Martian.

And Schroedinger's Cat.

mousethief I attacked once too often AFTER making progress. One of my long term problems of being hostile to my misperception of hostile belief in his case.

Thanks everyone.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, tbh, I don't know if he's nice or not! Just differently wired. And I could be a mug for thinking so. And I'm certainly not up to the task to always catching on what he's talking about.
Well, both of you, he didn't aim that comment at you, so you can afford to admire it or ignore it. If you were the one trying to figure out whether you had just been called a liar or a "malicious reasoner," in abscence of any explanation of what specifically may have earned either term, you might not find it so charming.

And it's the explanation part that is the issue. If Martin feels the comment that provoked the Dante reference was unfair, why doesn't he add something to that filagree of descriptors that tells me why?

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I went with Cervantes because Martin is not Dantesque. Had thought of Vonnegut mating with Omar Khayyam and Kafka. But it seemed too cynical and leaning sinister. Though the 3 way could be trinitarian. The dexter was the clockwise turning windymill.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Holy fuck, it IS catching . [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And Kelly, I was just entering in to the spirit of the place. I'm sorry.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, both of you, he didn't aim that comment at you, so you can afford to admire it or ignore it. If you were the one trying to figure out whether you had just been called a liar or a "malicious reasoner," in abscence of any explanation of what specifically may have earned either term, you might not find it so charming.

And it's the explanation part that is the issue. If Martin feels the comment that provoked the Dante reference was unfair, why doesn't he add something to that filagree of descriptors that tells me why?

You can in fact "afford to admire it or ignore it." It will cost you exactly nothing.

There's a scroll bar on the right side of my computer screen, and a scroll wheel on my mouse. On my phone, I just flick the screen with my finger and easily make my way right past posts from people who bug the ever-living crap out of me.

Everyone here having little fits over Martin60's posts has the technology and the brains to skip right over his posts. Instead, you keep reading them and letting them bug you and responding to them and then you come here and tell him he should change. How about you change your behavior? Before you squeeze out the color and interest that he brings to the boards and it gets just that much more dull around here.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

( to Marty)

GAAAH!

If I pissed you off, get off your high horse and say so! THAT is entering the spirit of the place!

In a moment of probably unwise generosity, I am finding myself inclined to believe you have a genuine discomfort with conflict. Even the Purgatorial version. I can relate. But real discussion means at some point you are going to be in conflict with someone at some point. Dodging it with indirect jabs and unneccesary mea culpas is just-- avoiding real conversation.

[ 26. May 2016, 17:10: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
I went with Cervantes because Martin is not Dantesque. Had thought of Vonnegut mating with Omar Khayyam and Kafka. But it seemed too cynical and leaning sinister. Though the 3 way could be trinitarian. The dexter was the clockwise turning windymill.

Your literary allusion to Don Quixote makes no sense. To the extent that I wonder if you've actually read it.

I know nothing of Dante, a little of Kafka and a bit more of Machiavelli. Martin resembles neither of the latter two and I doubt he has much to do with the former.

Hence, I think you might want to stop trying to look clever and try using insults based on things you know about. Masturbation is a popular one.

--------------------
arse

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I don't know why we are comparing Martin to anyone. The only reason Dante came up is he alluded to it.

And masturbation is the Great Unifier. That's why it's popular.

[ 26. May 2016, 17:26: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
I don't know why we are comparing Martin to anyone. The only reason Dante came up is he alluded to it.

I suspect Martin actually knows the meanings of his allusions and has actually read the works he cites. We might, of course, mock his pomposity - but I can't see any reason to think that is alluding to things to simply look cleverer than the rest of us. If anything, he seems to think we've all read all these things and are conversant in all the stuff he throws around.

As I've indicated, I don't get all the references. I doubt many others do either.

So trying to play at the same game is a hiding to nothing and just makes one look stupid when an allusion is used that someone else happens to know is utter rubbish.

I hope that's clear and blunt enough for you.

[ 26. May 2016, 17:30: Message edited by: mr cheesy ]

--------------------
arse

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I don't think he's trying to be clever-- like I said, I'm arriving at the conclusion that he doesn't want to directly confront people. I'm more or less inviting him to confront me, if he wants.

Otherwise, like I said, the invite to spin Quixotic wheels in The Circus still stands.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
quote:

Your literary allusion to Don Quixote makes no sense. To the extent that I wonder if you've actually read it.

I know nothing of Dante, a little of Kafka and a bit more of Machiavelli. Martin resembles neither of the latter two and I doubt he has much to do with the former.

Hence, I think you might want to stop trying to look clever and try using insults based on things you know about. Masturbation is a popular one.

You can type with one hand?

You need to look at the Ship's gallery. When you're not streaming whacking material.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Honest Ron Bacardi
Shipmate
# 38

- Posted      Profile for Honest Ron Bacardi   Email Honest Ron Bacardi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Never mind about that. If you are looking for a precedent, I suggest Collaterly Sisters and her baffling "Businews" reports.

--------------------
Anglo-Cthulhic

Posts: 4857 | From: the corridors of Pah! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Marty, if you are still reading this, take comfort in the knowledge your style is inimitable.

(I like Marty. Reminds me of Ernest Borgnine, bless his soul.)

NP&C -- give it up. You have the words, but not the music.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Ernie Borgnine WAS Marty, 'strewth! I lack his charm. I like him best as Vaslov in Ice Station Zebra, among many memorable roles.

--------------------
Love wins

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Soylent Green is people.

I'm not that fussy, but I'm hoping it's you people.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
Ernie Borgnine WAS Marty, 'strewth! I lack his charm. I like him best as Vaslov in Ice Station Zebra, among many memorable roles.

( Sigh)

I'm inviting you to aim at the chin, and you're tickling me. I refuse to let my love for "Marty" derail me from my quest to get you to confront me. Although he was so endearing and vulnerable and-- NO!

I'll give you a head start-- I think I have figured out what I did in my first post that pissed you off enough to throw Dante at me. So, I'm prepared. But that would be a guess. The only way I will know for sure what I did is if you tell me.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Picture me this way if it helps.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016