homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » 2015 Celebrity Death Pool (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2015 Celebrity Death Pool
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although I don't think anyone had him on their list, 9I am seeing several FB posts saying that Marcus Borg has died. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Although I don't think anyone had him on their list, 9I am seeing several FB posts saying that Marcus Borg has died. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

Yes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Borg

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MSHB:
quote:

Assuming that is reliable... although I did also find a reference on Twitter ... still, rumour.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Religion News Service is reliable and has it as well.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
25 points for anyone who had Leon Brittan.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Assuming that is reliable... although I did also find a reference on Twitter ... still, rumour.
Well, I tend to think that the 10 different priests, scholars, and seminarians who all flooded my newsfeed at the name time were pretty reliable sources.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

quote:
Well, I tend to think that the 10 different priests, scholars, and seminarians who all flooded my newsfeed at the name time were pretty reliable sources.

And King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has died. http://www.smh.com.au/world/saudi-arabia-king-abdullah-dies-new-ruler-is-brother-salman-20150122-12wioq.html

Yes, Mamacita, I was wondering about your unnamed sources!

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has shuffled off his mortal coil. Ten points to me.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And a prize, I think, for being first?

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No. Someone had Leon Brittan.

Unless King Abdullah died first but was reported later?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

It's like buses... you wait for ages, then two com along at once!

AG

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:

Do we have an absolutely, definitely and confirmed DoD for King Abdullah? I suppose getting reliable news out of Saudi Arabia is only slightly easier than getting Bibles in.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll take a trip down there and find out personally. Will the Ship of Fools research fund cover the cost?

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only if you MW his funeral. (We'll make an exception for a non-Trinitarian place of worship.)

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

Do we have an absolutely, definitely and confirmed DoD for King Abdullah? I suppose getting reliable news out of Saudi Arabia is only slightly easier than getting Bibles in.
The BBC said this evening that he was buried today within hours of his death as is usual custom, so it would appear Leon Brittan died first.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ernie Banks, "Mr. Cub," has made the celestial All-Star Team. I hope they have a World Series in Heaven, so he can finally get to play in one.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timothy the Obscure:
Ernie Banks, "Mr. Cub," has made the celestial All-Star Team. I hope they have a World Series in Heaven, so he can finally get to play in one.

And despite having loaded my list with Baseball Hall of Famers, I am ashamed to admit that I did not include him. He'd probably still be alive if I had. [Frown]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

quote:
Originally posted by Timothy the Obscure:

[Tear]

--------------------

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tangerine Dream has lost a section...
Edgar Froese

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joe Franklin, generally regarded as the creator of the talk show, has a whole new lineup of celebrities to interview.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Including Demis Roussos

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rod McKuen has died at 81.

RIP Rod, you woke a lot of people up to poetry and Jacques Brel.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Farnaby has finally gone to meet Mulbery's Dad

Loved her in Marple too, and in Henry V many years ago.

[ 31. January 2015, 20:43: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:
Miss Farnaby has finally gone to meet Mulbery's Dad

Loved her in Marple too, and in Henry V many years ago.

It is as the mother in 'Oranges are not the only fruit' that I will always remember her as.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Pianist Aldo Ciccolini is tickling the ivories up yonder.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuddle duddle, eh? I booted Knowlton Nash for Max Keeping. Guess who croaked, eh?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lotte Hass has gone to sleep with the fishes.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Japanese inventor Kenji Ekuan, who designed high-speed trains including the famous Bullet Train, as well as Yamaha motorcycles and (not forgetting) the Kikkoman Soy Sauce dispenser bottle, has ridden the train to glory.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bob Simon's next reports will not be broadcast in this world.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Lotte Hass has gone to sleep with the fishes.

I missed this! My brother has a couple of their books. The photographs of giant clams and manta rays made an amazing impression.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Steve Strange, of the New Romantic band Visage, has died aged 55.

Far too young. [Frown]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard about that last night. Very sad - he was just a few years older than me.

He was involved in all sorts of electronica as well. He will be missed.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Louis Jourdan has died at 93.

Heck, he was one good looking man.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Michele Ferraro, creator of Nutella, goes to spread diabetes to the Angels.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Michele Ferraro, creator of Nutella, goes to spread diabetes to the Angels.

I hope they bury his vile concoction with him. [Projectile]

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Singer Lesley Gore has died of cancer at age 68, and we'll cry if we want to.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's not funny.

( [Snigger] )

NOT. FUNNY.

( [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] )

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I appreciate that nobody will have this character on the list, though many should have guessed, but English Cricket died today in Wellington, New Zealand after a long illness. Mourned by a many except a few diehards in St Johns Wood, North London who are still not completely sure that life has completely ended.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A man who has given many parade fans something to wake up to on January first: Raul Rodriguez has been ushered on high in a flower covered chariot. Perhaps something like this.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
English Cricket died today in Wellington, New Zealand after a long illness. Mourned by a many except a few diehards in St Johns Wood, North London who are still not completely sure that life has completely ended.

Odd. I recall the obituary marked the date as the 29th of August 1882.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
I appreciate that nobody will have this character on the list, though many should have guessed, but English Cricket died today in Wellington, New Zealand after a long illness. Mourned by a many except a few diehards in St Johns Wood, North London who are still not completely sure that life has completely ended.

A long illness, but a rapid final decline.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

quote:
Odd. I recall the obituary marked the date as the 29th of August 1882.

Random tangent - the editor of the Sporting Times lived, at the time of publication, in a house where I spent six years in its later incarnation as a boarding school.

AG

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I appreciate that nobody will have this character on the list, though many should have guessed, but English Cricket died today in Wellington, New Zealand after a long illness.

What, again? How many times is that?

Or is it like Mark Twain, reports of whose death were "greatly exaggerated"?

Perhaps not ...

[ 20. February 2015, 11:00: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now that Mrs. Fox is flirting in Heaven, there are only two left - Private Pike and the Vicar.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Dan Topolski has died at 69. Dan Who? you may ask, but he made a huge contribution to British rowing and sculling becoming consistently world class, rather more than one or two guys every decade or so.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh, C.S.C., president of the University of Notre Dame from 1952 to 1987, a priest of the Congregation of Holy Cross, and an influential figure in higher education, the Roman Catholic Church, and national and international affairs, died on Thursday, February 27, at 97.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just seen that Leonard Nimoy has died.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Farewell Leonard Nimoy.

You lived long and prospered.

--------------------

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
His last tweet is going to be on tshirts for years. [Votive] [Waterworks]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He has finally Beamed Up.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016