homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Lies!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Lies!
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The rules of Lies!:

1. Identify the lie in the previous post.

2. Tell a lie as clever or absurd or disguised as you may.

3. (optional) If someone is mistaken in identifying the lie in your post, you may say so.

4. (optional) While following the Ship's 10 Commandments, you may become very indignant when someone DARE says you are lying.

5. Don't get TOO dark or political. (Let's keep this fun.)

There is no previous post at this time (and that's no lie). So I will begin:

I am the author of Pilot Point, God Knows What It's Like to be a Teenager, and Big Boobs. And if you don't believe me, you can look it up on Goodreads.

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey mister! Them books were written by Mark Marshall in Texas. I don't know your real monicker but you obviously aint the nice-lookin' bloke on the the site you linked to. So fess up, yuh hear me?

[ 29. January 2015, 14:08: Message edited by: pimple ]

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pimple:
Hey mister! Them books were written by Mark Marshall in Texas. I don't know your real monicker but you obviously aint the nice-lookin' bloke on the the site you linked to. So fess up, yuh hear me?

How DARE you question my identity!

(And your lie(s) is so well disguised, I almost missed it. I am "that nice-looking' bloke." And you told another lie, but I will let another find it and play the game. Well done!)

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pious the Punk:

Pimple did NOT tell "another lie" in his post, just the one. If you are going to so brazenly misrepreesnt the writings of others, I will not be dignifying your antics with any more posts to this thread.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh yes you will be posting more on this thread, Stetson. It's as certain a fact as that I'm having fillet steak tonight. Mind you, I hope I'm home in time to cook it before Eastenders starts.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
Oh yes you will be posting more on this thread, Stetson. It's as certain a fact as that I'm having fillet steak tonight. Mind you, I hope I'm home in time to cook it before Eastenders starts.

Oh really? Well, I have it on good information that you are actually a vegan and an animal rights militant wanted in three countries. Your steak bit doesn't fool me!

And, as if I do not have enough outrage this morning, Goodreads has notified me that they do not recognize my authorship of Big Boobs. How DARE they question my literary output! [Mad]

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And, as if I do not have enough outrage this morning, Goodreads has notified me that they do not recognize my authorship of Big Boobs.
Oh no. Anybody who has actually READ Big Boobs would recognize you as the author. It's as plain as the text of the Desiderata tattooed across my face.

EDIT: Only for spelling, and don't try to claim otherwise.

[ 29. January 2015, 16:31: Message edited by: Stetson ]

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

Big Boobs is NOT to be read, but to be placed on the shelves of one's library so as to impress visitors.

By the way, I do sincerely apologize for being slow to return to this thread. But I've been under enemy fire while contemplating my demise and seeing dead bodies float past my window.

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Were you in hospital at the time, or in a submarine? I'm sure the dead bodies are real, but under fire? No, I don't think so. That would be the mosquitoes or precocious greenfly hatching out in the unusually precocious spring.

I've had dealings with hospitals myself recently. Did you know I was a walking parable of the Trinity? I had three nipples, three testicles, three small toes and three hernias. I'm feeling much better now, thanks.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

quote:
Originally posted by St. Punk the Pious:
Big Boobs is NOT to be read, but to be placed on the shelves of one's library so as to impress visitors.

By the way, I do sincerely apologize for being slow to return to this thread. But I've been under enemy fire while contemplating my demise and seeing dead bodies float past my window.

See my new sig.
[Razz]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

I apologize for neglecting this thread. But I was smuggling Putin into Mongolia.

As for your "new" sig, pimple, it is a quote, and therefore not new at all.

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

Weren't you supposed to include a lie in that post? Was it a double-bluff? I saw the sack, and the hand waving from it, and the note in Cyrillic saying "HYELP!" in the arrivals lounge at Alma -Ata. I was behind the C*sta coffee machine. You were SOOO obvious, Punk!.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course you weren't behind the C*sta coffee machine, Pimple - anyone who knows you would know you were in front of the C*sta coffee machine, helping yourself to a medium latte as usual.
I have been contemplating joining in on this thread actually, but decided against it as I am such a sweet and innocent young lady that you'd spot it immediately if I tried to lie to you.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Young lady? Gimme a break, Smudge-a-roo. As soon as I saw this article in the paper today, I knew exactly who they were talking about.

And by the way, Obama mentioned to me over drinks at the burlesque palace(I went stricly for sociological observations, you understand) that there is no way he's gonna be anywhere near your little shindig.

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Come on, Stetson, who are you kidding? "Sociological observations"? You know you were there for the canapés. And it wasn't Obama - it was Frank Bruno. Get your eyes tested.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Ćbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016