homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What if they hadn't? (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What if they hadn't?
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if he was not good or fine and I only knew him as an acquaintance?

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if when you wake you shall have all the pretty little mules?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Tipperary was just half a mile down the road?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raptor Eye:
What if Tipperary was just half a mile down the road?

And if nobody special lived there?

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Nat King Cole had looked up an old girlfriend instead of dreaming of Irene?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Cyndi Lauper had decided not to drive while short of sleep and had taken a break at a motel?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if you **couldn't** get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Don Henley had taken a slug of Red Bull when his head grew heavy and his sight went dim?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the hotel's lawyers had explained to them that their check-out policy constitutes unlawful confinement?

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

What if that mocking bird don't sing but momma ain't gonna buy you nuthin' else?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the ants went marching 0 by 0, and just sat down for a picnic so the little one had a break from tripping all over himself?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if XTC's senses had decided to knock off at 5 o'clock.
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the working hours are 8:30 to 4:30?

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Don Quixote had decided that the impossible dream was... well, impossible?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the robin had no sense of rhythm at all?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Johnette Napolitano decided she was still pissed off at Joey?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if I couldn't have danced all night?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

What if John Fogarty had taken advantage of the rich vineyard potential in Lodi?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Jim Stafford had put down the spiders and snakes and loved her like she wanted to be loved by him?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if there were 99 bottles of Gatorade (tm) on the wall?

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

What if the screen door slammed and Mary walked out in jeans?

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if, early one morning, the sun had not been rising?
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if I have seen the street of London, and am still a heartless Tory bastard?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

What if the world didn't see a new Georgy Girl?

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Alice Cooper had stayed at school?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if we built the city on middle of the road ballads?

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if, when I was standing on the corner, there hadn't been any girls passing by?
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

What if all the nice girls prefer a farmer?

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if when the Spice Girls told us what they wanted, they only told us what they kind of sort of wanted?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if mares didn't eat oats, and does didn't eat oats, and little lambs didn't eat ivy?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

What if Bruce went out for a ride, but first invited the wife n' kids along with him?

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if Alison Goldfrapp had been in love with a relaxed liberal machine?
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if they're coming to give me a prescription for psychotropic pharmaceuticals that will help me manage my mental health issues, while at the same time allowing me to function with a degree of personal autonomy as an integrated member of the wider community, ha ha?
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

What if the A Train had been coming from Harlem, because you were standing on the wrong platform?
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

What if I was riding through the desert on a horse named Bob?

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

What if she said, yup, staying would be a sin? Or if he said, no, I won't love you tomorrow?

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if they allowed motor cycles in Nutbush?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the revolution will be televised?

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

What if she wasn't working as a waitress in the cocktail bar?

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

What if all mortal flesh just can't keep silence?

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
What if your mind was filled with wind turbines instead?

Like the circles that I find in the turbines of my mind?

Yep. Describes it pretty accurately, really.

But what if you are not my sunshine - and more like a mysterious fog or a sharp wind?

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

What if where Bono wanted to reach out and touch the flame one of the streets was named Privet Avenue?

--------------------

Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

What if the donkey carrying Mary was quite large for its species

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if the times were not a-changin'?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

What if Chiquitita just had something in her eye?

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if your mother did know?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

What if I wasn't going to Scarborough Fair?

--------------------

Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

What if I kissed a girl and thought it was yucky?

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

What if you are to blame for bittersweet distractors?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

What if Leroy Brown was not even close to being the baddest man in town?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016